Subscribe to channel
- Blabbermouth reports rock band SIXX: A.M. — which consists of bassist Nikki Sixx, guitarist DJ Ashba and vocalist James Michael — will release a new album in 2013 and plans to "hopefully" play some live shows, according to Sixx. No further details are currently available. In May 2012, rock band SIXX: A.M. announced its support of City Of Hope through an initiative designed to help raise money for research, treatment and education for the fight against cancer, diabetes and HIV/AIDS. Joining other celebrities such as Ryan Seacrest, Vince Gill and Sugarland in their support of City Of Hope, SIXX: A.M. offered their new music video for "Are You With Me Now" exclusively to the charity. SIXX: A.M., made a rare appearance — its first in four years — on April 11, 2012 at Revolver Golden Gods Awards at Club Nokia in Los Angeles. As each band member has been kept busy with their other careers — Sixx is also the bassist for MÖTLEY CRÜE and a syndicated radio host; Ashba is currently touring with GUNS N' ROSES; James Michael is a famed rock producer who is currently working on new records for PAPA ROACH, HALESTORM and others — this marked the band's first chance to perform in support of their current album, "This Is Gonna Hurt", which supplied the #1 rock anthem "Lies Of The Beautiful People". "7", the latest EP from SIXX: A.M., came out in December 2011 and sold around 2,700 copies in the United States in its first week of release. The effort contained acoustic versions of songs from the group's first two albums — 2007's "The Heroin Diaries" soundtrack and 2011's "This Is Gonna Hurt". Released on May 3, 2011, SIXX: A.M.'s sophomore album, "This Is Gonna Hurt" is a companion piece to Sixx's "This Is Gonna Hurt: Music, Photography And Life Through The Distorted Lens Of Nikki Sixx" book, a follow-up to his New York Times bestseller, "The Heroin Diaries". Read more at Loudwire
- Blabbermouth reports QUEENSRŸCHE guitarist Michael Wilton has released the following statement: "We in QUEENSRŸCHE want to send our thoughts and prayers out to our old friend Randy Gane in light of the heart attack he suffered the other night. He will always be a part of the extended QUEENSRŸCHE family and we want to wish him a speedy recovery. We ask all our fans to keep him and his family in your thoughts as we celebrate this holiday season. Look forward to a happy, healthy and musical 2013." Gane, who plays keyboards for Geoff Tate's newly assembled version of QUEENSRŸCHE, suffered a heart attack Wednesday night (December 26), according to a posting on Geoff's Facebook page. The singer has asked fans to "please send [their] prayers and positive thoughts to [his] good friend." Gane, who turned 53 on November 30, was a co-founder of Tate's pre-QUEENSRŸCHE band MYTH. He has also played with the alternative band CANDLEBOX and appeared on the group's 1993 debut, which sold four million copies and featured the hits "You" and "Far Behind". In a recent interview, Tate stated: "Randy's played on quite a few QUEENSRŸCHE records over the years and written on QUEENSRŸCHE records over the years, and toured with us as well." He added in a separate interview: "Randy Gane and I have been musical partners for more than 30 years. We have written many songs together and have similar musical tastes." Tate's QUEENSRŸCHE also includes legendary bassist Rudy Sarzo (OZZY OSBOURNE, QUIET RIOT, WHITESNAKE, DIO), drummer Bobby Blotzer (RATT) and guitarist Kelly Gray (MYTH). Geoff Tate's QUEENSRŸCHE will hit the road next year to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the group's epic 1988 release, "Operation: Mindcrime". Read more at Blabbermouth, Ultimate Classic Rock and Noisecreep
- Blabbermouth reports Rock Rebel Magazine recently conducted an interview with ADLER members Steven Adler (drums) and Lonny Paul (guitars). A couple of excerpts from the chat follow below. Rock Rebel Magazine: Your first gig was in Cape Coral. How was the audience as you played new material? Steven: Yes, that was our first, first gig together. And the next thing was going on the Kiss Kruise with my new band. It turned out great. Nobody knew the songs, but after the show, when the people came to me, they said they expect GUNS N' ROSES songs, but at the end of the show, they had forgotten about GN'R's songs. That was great, really, really great. We play two GUNS N' ROSES songs, "Sweet Child O' Mine" and "Mr. Brownstone", but with all the respect of GUNS N' ROSES — I feel blessed that I was a part of them and I love those songs and I know fans do — now it's all about this new band. Like a new girlfriend. And I love now. Rock Rebel Magazine: ADLER'S APPETITE have now disbanded, but can you tell us something about the recording of "Alive"? How different was writing the material for "Alive" and than "Back From The Dead"? Steven: They are different people. [laughs] To make greatness, to make something special, you need the right mix of people. That was awesome and amazing in both cases, 'cause during the recording sessions with the ADLER'S APPETITE and the other band, I lived incredible music experiences, which were very different and not comparable between them. Honestly, I couldn't describe differences so deep and visceral, I only know that both those experiences made me really happy. And oh god, my god, now I've Lonny and Jacob and Jeff Pilson and Johnny Martin into my life. They are different people and this is a different situation. Some people you could create good things with and some people you could create greatness with. And with this record, I was able to work with people I can create greatness with. Rock Rebel Magazine: Yeah, you did it! "Back From The Dead" is the most beautiful record of 2012! I really love it. Steven: Thanks, honey, I'm so glad you like it! This is the dream of every musician. The reason I play music is not just for myself, is to make for people who like it and for you to say that you really like it is really an honor and you cannot understand how I appreciate it. That's all we do. I play music for people. Thank you so much! This record comes together, you know… of course, the name of the band is ADLER, but this one comes together for Lonny Paul. He really made everything happen. I'm just bless to be a part of his life and I can't be happier that he's a part of mine. Because of him, Jacob came in, Jeff came in, Johnny came in and Jay Ruston came in… I've got such a great team right now and that's all I've ever wanted. I'm a part of a team and it's wonderful being a part of a team. I've got a winner team, and this is really great. We've reached our goal and this is a great feeling. We've completely reached our goal because we needed everybody in the world to hear the record and everybody who isn't a rock 'n' roller we want to turn into a rock 'n' roller! Rock Rebel Magazine: And what's your next goal? Steven: The next big, big, big, big goal is to be inducted in the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame again for this project. It was an honor to be inducted for GUNS N' ROSES and now the goal is to be inducted in it for the next 25 years. That was my goal with GN'R. We put GN'R together, 'cause, like I said, I love being a part of a team, and I wanted to be like AEROSMITH, or THE ROLLING STONES. And we'll play music for the rest of our life. This is my second opportunity and the goal is doing rock 'n' roll for people and travel all around the world and universe. Read the entire interview from Rock Rebel Magazine.
"The One That You Hated" video:
- Blabbermouth reports according to the Sleaford Standard, Dean Hocking, bassist for U.K. heavy rockers NIGHTVISION, was killed in a car crash early Thursday morning (December 27) in Sleaford, England. The 23-year-old musician and an as-yet-unnamed 37-year-old fellow passenger were both pronounced dead at the scene. The incident happened at around 2:50 a.m. when a Vauxhall Astra left the road. No other vehicles are thought to have been involved and a 27-year-old local woman has been arrested on suspicion of causing death by careless driving. She is currently helping police with their enquiries. Formed in 2003, NIGHTVISION's definitive lineup took shape three years later when singer Dave McKee joined the group. Since that time, NIGHTVISION has primarily released music and toured in the U.K. Their sophomore album, "Consequence Of Sin", was released in 2011 and the band spent most of 2012 playing shows in support of it. In a joint statement on Facebook on Thursday night, the remaining band members said: "There is nothing we can say that hasn't been said already other than to confirm the devastating and crushing loss of our incredible bass player Dean Hocking — tragically taken from us as a passenger in a road accident during the early hours. "Needless to say, he was an incredible bass player — one of the best — and an incredible bloke. "We obviously need the time to get this round our heads but in the meantime.....wherever you are... get a drink and raise it high as a toast to a fine, young, talented guy gone too soon. "Turn it up to 11 and rumble the heavens, our brother. We love you, dude, and we are gonna miss you like you'll never know." Read more at Loudwire and Noisecreep
- Blabbermouth reports the first episode of the "Inside L.A. Metal" documentary" — described as "the untold story about the real Los Angeles metal and hard rock music scene as told by the musicians, music business insiders and scenesters" — is currently being edited. Directed by Bob Nalbandian (The Headbanger fanzine) and produced by Joe Floyd (MALICE, WARRIOR, HALFORD, RIOT), the first episode will focus on the early years of Los Angeles hard rock and metal (1975 – 1981).
* "Inside L.A. Metal": Episode 1 - The pioneers of the Los Angeles hard rock scene!
(1975 - 1981)
* "Inside L.A. Metal": Episode 2 - The Los Angeles metal scene explodes! (1982 - 1986)
* "Inside L.A. Metal": Episode 3 - The Los Angeles thrash and underground metal scene of the early '80s
Further episodes will be announced soon. Nalbandian (pictyred below), founder and publisher of the esteemed early '80s heavy metal music fanzine The Headbanger, recently struck a deal with Tokyo-based company Japanime Publishing to release all 11 issues of the Xeroxed 'zine as ebooks. Never before has the fanzine — which featured early interviews of local and international heavy metal bands, including the very first profiles of then-unsigned Los Angeles bands METALLICA, SLAYER and MEGADETH — been available for mass distribution until now. Bob Nalbandian founded The Headbanger in early 1982 when he was just 17 years old, and released the inaugural issue later that year. The seminal fanzine featured articles and interviews that vividly captured the emerging heavy metal scene. Issue #1 of The Headbanger is now available worldwide in the Apple iBookstore and the Amazon Kindle store.
- Blabbermouth reports the reunited original lineup of Swedish rockers ELECTRIC BOYS — Franco Santunione (guitar), Andy Christell (bass), Niklas Sigevall (drums) and Conny Bloom (guitar, vocals) — is working on a new album for a 2013 release. The band states: "[We've] been writing a lot of songs lately, so there's plenty to choose from, to make it the best possible record. [We] already have a bunch of songs since last studio session, so more to be added, then choose the best ones, then get it out." The original ELECTRIC BOYS lineup released its first album since 1992, "And Them Boys Done Swang", in April 2011 via Supernova Records, a division of the Cosmos Music Group. ELECTRIC BOYS in 2009 released a 20-track "best-of" collection, titled "Now Dig This!", via Spinefarm Records. It features songs from the band's three studio albums, including "Psychedelic Eyes", "Mary In The Mystery World", "Groovus Maximus", "The Groover", "Rags To Riches", "Captain Of My Soul" plus a 2009 remix of "All Lips N' Hips", along, of course, with the original version, a longstanding staple of rock clubs around the world. Formed in 1988, ELECTRIC BOYS achieved recognition around the known rock'n'roll world with signature hit single "All Lips N' Hips" plus a series of albums that tapped into the very essence of long-haired, leather-trousered, late-night cool. Touring alongside bands such as THUNDER and MR. BIG, and drinking from the same well as rock legends like AEROSMITH, the band offered an alternative to the late '80s hair-metal scene, fusing hard rock and heavy funk to create an instantly recognizable style ("Groovus Maximus") built riff by riff on the sturdiest possible foundations, unswervingly provided by drummer Niklas Sigevall. Lauded by the media, feted by the industry, respected by the top producers of the day (including Bob Rock) and supported by a genuinely international fanbase, the ELECTRIC BOYS — led into action by flamboyant frontman Conny Bloom, who has continued to play and record both under his own name and with SILVER GINGER 5 and HANOI ROCKS, as well as appearing in TV ads for Jameson Whiskey — consistently showed that the great rock'n'roll dream was available in many colors, and that the sitar did indeed have a serious part to play.
- Blabbermouth reports legendary hard rock vocalist Joe Lynn Turner (RAINBOW, DEEP PURPLE, YNGWIE MALMSTEEN) sings three songs on the new album from THE JAN HOLBERG PROJECT, "At Your Service", which is being released in Norway in January via Nordic Records. Also making guest appearances on the CD are former RAINBOW keyboardist Tony Carey, Åge Sten Nilsen (WIG WAM), Gulli Briem, Skjalg Mikalsen Raaen, Eyþór Gunnarsson, Fridrik Karlsson and Ranveig Seljemark.
The CD's first single, "Outta My Face", which features vocals and lyrics from Carey, can be streamed below.
Joe Lynn Turner previously starred in Holberg's documentary "Street Of Dreams: Without A Dream In Your Heart, What The Hell Is There?" and also appeared on THE JAN HOLBERG PROJECT's last CD, 2011's "Sense Of Time". "Street Of Dreams: Without A Dream In Your Heart, What The Hell Is There?" follows Jan Erling through the beautiful landscape of Norway as he gets his first real chance of a major breakthrough as a musician on tour with his favorite vocalist of all time — Joe Lynn Turner. The film gets up close and personal as we experience his ups and downs on his journey. Will his dream of becoming a rock star come true, or will he have to go back to his former job and an anonymous life in his wooden house by the fjord?
- Blabbermouth reports Michael Spreitzer and Jeff Kendrick of DEVILDRIVER will embark on a short guitar clinic tour in the U.K. for Blackstar Amplification after the upcoming DEVILDRIVER/CANNIBAL CORPSE co-headlining tour in March.
The dates for the clinic tour are as follows:
Monday, March 11
Merchant City Music, Glasgow
Tuesday, March 12
Wednesday, March 13
Friday, March 15
Saturday, March 16
DEVILDRIVER recently entered Audiohammer Studios in Sanford, Florida to begin recording its upcoming sixth album for a tentative August 2013 release via Napalm Records. In a recent interview with Loudwire, DEVILDRIVER frontman Dez Fafara stated about the music direction of the band's next CD, "Every record is different. That being said, I thought 'Pray For Villains' was kind of an out-of-the-box record for us. I thought 'Beast' was a weird out-of-the-box record for us. We've kind honed back in to where we are. This new record sounds a lot like the first three records. It's got an intense groove to it, and I'm really happy. The writing is going extremely well. That being said, I think we've laid back on our laurels right now and be like, 'We're a groove band.' The fans started calling us 'the groove machine, The California groove machine.' Everybody needs a title; we'll take that one and we're going to give them that on the new record, for sure." DEVILDRIVER's fifth album, "Beast", sold a little over 11,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release to debut at position No. 42 on The Billboard 200 chart.
- Blabbermouth reports British epic power metallers DRAGONFORCE are featured in a new commercial for the Capital One mobile app, which "lets you bank where ever so you can keep doing what you're doing." Check it out below. DRAGONFORCE's new album, "The Power Within", sold 5,800 copies in the United States in its first week of release to debut at position No. 74 on The Billboard 200 chart. DRAGONFORCE's previous CD, "Ultra Beatdown", opened with 24,000 units back in September 2008 to land at No. 18. DRAGONFORCE's recent North American headlining tour marked the band's first trek with new singer Marc Hudson, who also makes his recorded debut on "The Power Within". "The Power Within" was released in the U.K. on April 16 via the band's own Electric Generation Recordings, distributed by Essential Music. Read more at Loudwire
- Blabbermouth reports new video footage of Canadian extreme metallers CRYPTOPSY performing the song "Phobophile" has surfaced. The somewhat unconventional music video depicts the band from its original "None So Vile" album lineup in LEGO form and combines "live" stage footage intertwined with a grindhouse horror serial-killer storyline. Balancing an unsettling mix of comedy and gore, the plastic brick characters in the footage appears in sync with the music soundtrack so that the diminutive LEGO band actually appears to be playing the unusually high BPM music. Eventually, the two set-pieces converge into an apocalyptic bloodbath. The video's creator used an iPhone to shoot each frame, with all the combined footage adding up to an estimated 3,400 individual photo shots to create just under six minutes of animated footage. The song "Phobophile" is a standout track from CRYPTOPSY's 1996 seminal album "None So Vile". It is also the opening track on Disc 2 of the band's 2-CD best-of collection, featuring demo and live recordings as well as three exclusive new tracks (written with Youri Raymond and Eric Langlois), which was released on November 12 in Europe and November 20 in North America via Century Media. Entitled "The Best Of Us Bleed", the set comes with extensive new liner notes written by Decibel magazine's Adrien Begrand. The cover artwork was created by Toshihiro Egawa (SUICIDE SILENCE, ABIGAIL WILLIAMS). The self-titled new album from CRYPTOPSY was released in the U.S. on November 20 via Cryptopsy/Defen Society in association with Revulotion Harmony/Candlelight Records.
- Blabbermouth reports Finnish metallers CHILDREN OF BODOM entered the studio on Friday, December 28 to begin recording their new album for a late spring/early summer 2013 release via Marquee Inc. in Japan and Nuclear Blast in other parts of the world. The first in a series of video clips featuring behind-the-scenes footage from the studio can be seen below. CHILDREN OF BODOM drummer Jaska Raatikainen previously stated about the band's new material: "I am convinced that the new songs are great. A little bit of black metal, heavy metal, metal, old-school death metal, melodies, solos and anything you need to make a nice album. And the most important, new ideas à la CHILDREN OF BODOM!" CHILDREN OF BODOM in November canceled its appearance at next year's edition of the Tuska festival, set to take place June 28-30, 2013 in Suvilahti, Helsinki, Finland, "in order to be able to be part of a big tour in USA," according to the group's bassist, Henkka Seppälä (a.k.a. Henkka T. Blacksmith). CHILDREN OF BODOM released a photo book, "Roadkill", on August 8 via Hatecrew.com. The first 666 copies are numbered and personally signed by the band. Photography for "Roadkill" started in 2007. It includes exclusive material of life on the road, shows, promo shoots, recording sessions, album cover production and the worldwide "hate crew," as the band's fans are affectionately known. The book also contains comments and diary entries by the band and the photographer, Jussi Hyttinen of FLC415. CHILDREN OF BODOM's most recent release was "Holiday At Lake Bodom (15 Years Of Wasted Youth)" , a very special CD+DVD career retrospective in celebration of the band's 15th anniversary. Read more at Loudwire
- Blabbeermouth reports Israeli progressive folk metal masters ORPHANED LAND have commenced the recording process for the follow-up to 2010's "The Never Ending Way Of ORwarriOR" at a studio in Istanbul, Turkey. The band previously stated that the recording sessions for the new CD would take place in Sweden, Turkey and Israel. ORPHANED LAND's forthcoming effort will be the band's first to feature guitarist Chen Balbus following the departure of Matty Svatizky this past June due to "personal" and "professional" issues. "The Never Ending Way Of ORwarriOR" sold around 600 copies in the United States in its first week of release. The CD landed at No. 80 on the Top New Artist Albums (Heatseekers) chart, which lists the best-selling albums by new and developing artists, defined as those who have never appeared in the Top 100 of The Billboard 200. "The Never Ending Way Of ORwarriOR" was released in Europe on January 25, 2010. A petition to the Norwegian Nobel committee was submitted in October to consider ORPHANED LAND for the 2013 Nobel Peace Prize. The band's lead singer, Kobi Farhi, stated at the time: "This is my personal request to all my friends from the Middle East, Turkey, and in general from all my Muslim friends! We know for a long time now that we are above politics, we know that if it was in our hands, peace would have prevailed right away. Please enter this link and sign if you find us worthy, please also spread the word and share it on your pages." ORPHANED LAND's concert DVD, "The Road To OR-Shalem", was released in October 2011 in Europe and November 2011 in the U.S. via Century Media Records.
- Blabbermouth reports Norwegian blackened death metallers FESTER have issued the following update: "When FESTER released their first album in 18 years earlier this year, it felt like coming home. Even though 18 years is a long time, it felt good to be back. There's something quite special about the feeling of transending primal feelings into music.. The album got to be our darkest and coldest to date and it felt just right to entitle it 'A Celebration Of Death', even though it actually was a rebirth. "We have always felt like the beast under the bed, like the fifth wheel on the wagon, like the wound that won't heal, but nevertheless, we are our own beasts and we will continue to make these expressions without trying to please a sertain crowd. "To those who stand tall with us: don't EVER let anyone pull you down and make you feel less. Be proud and stand in the shadows with a pleased grin. "We are looking forward to record another album in 2013, and we salute those who will take part in our obscurity, and we wish you all the best for 2013!!!" "A Celebration Of Death" was released in March 2012 through Abyss Records. In addition to core members Jon Bakker (bass), Thomas Andersen (vocals) and Bjorn "Tiger" Mathisen (guitar/vocals), "A Celebration Of Death" features Audun Kleive (session drums), Raymond Pellicer (additional guitars, programming and synth), Eivind Aarseth (additional guitars), Guido Saint Roch (guest vocals on "Metalized") and Mortiis (Dark Converter). The cover for "A Celebration Of Death" was painted by artist Eliran Kantor (TESTAMENT, SODOM, ATHEIST, SIGH, ANACRUSIS). The rest of the layout was handled by Joce of Industrie Chimere Noire (PORTAL, GHÄST, TOTAL HOLOCAUST). The CD release includes a 16-page booklet.
- Blabbermouth reports Canadian extreme metallers KATAKLYSM have secured the new producer who will handle the mix and master of the band's new album in 2013. The group states: "The band chose a different person this time which should help elevate the bands sound to the next level. His name will be revealed next week." As has been the case with KATAKLYSM's previous recordings, the band's next CD will be engineered by guitarist Jean-François Dagenais at JFD Studios in Montreal and Texas. He states: "Expect a different, more complex death metal anthem this time around — high velocity, extreme but melodic while maintaining the band's signature trademark crushing grooves. We are refreshed from the time off and are working very hard on this album. We don't follow trends; we are inspired to create our own." KATAKLYSM's multidisc DVD, "The Iron Will: 20 Years Determined", entered the German chart at position No. 98. The set depicts the ups and downs of KATAKLYSM's long, turbulent career, as well as footage of the band's performance at last year's Summer Breeze festival, which took place August 18-20, 2011 in Dinkelsbühl, Germany. The cover art for the release was created by artist Colin Marks (ORIGIN, EXODUS, NEVERMORE). KATAKLYSM's latest album, "Heaven's Venom", sold around 2,400 copies in the United States in its first week of release. The CD landed at position No. 8 on the Top New Artist Albums (Heatseekers) chart, which lists the best-selling albums by new and developing artists, defined as those who have never appeared in the Top 100 of The Billboard 200.
- Blabbermouth reports Ottawa, Canada-based grindcore technicians FUCK THE FACTS have issued the following update: "[We are] wrapping up the recording of the music for our new album this weekend and getting ready to start tracking vocals in January. As usual, we've been recording everything at our home studio space, which we started putting together back in 2010 to record 'Die Miserable'. Not only have we done all FUCK THE FACTS recordings here since then, but we've also recorded and mixed a lot of other bands as well." FUCK THE FACTS's video for the song "Drift" can be seen below. The imaginative, creepy clip for the scathing opening track from FTF's eighth LP "Die Miserable" was created by David Hall of Handshake Inc., who has previously worked with TODAY IS THE DAY, BRUTAL TRUTH, HAIL OF BULLETS, JUCIFER, BASTARD NOISE, AGORAPHOBIC NOSEBLEED, SIGH and RWAKE. "Die Miserable" was released in North America in October 2011 via Relapse Records. Recorded between tours, the CD features over 35 minutes of FUCK THE FACTS' scorching blend of socio-politically-charged grind, hardcore and metal fans worldwide have embraced for the past decade.
- Loudwire posts the top 10 Offspring songs
- Classic Rock posts the video "Only Love" from former Network man Dan Reed's single from Pledge-powered album "Signal Fire"
- Spinner posts an interview with Matisyahu on his Hasidic faith and lifestyle change
- Blabbermouth posts video on the road with Kobra And The Lotus
- Blabbermouth posts performance footage from Ex-Dio and Black Sabbath members paying tribute to Ronnie James Dio with The Southern Cross, Jack Russel's Great White in Menasha, Stephen Pearcy with W.A.S.P. bassist and ex-White Lion drummer in Wisconsin and My Dying Bride at the Eindhoven Metal Meeting
Return to previous page
Send to a friend
MTV's Daily Video
Metal Blade Re..