Out now is the 35th Anniversary Edition of Eric Clapton's 1977 classic album, Slowhand. In addition to a remastered version of the album, which contained such favorites as "Cocaine," "Wonderful Tonight," "Lay Down Sally," and "The Core," the set features four previously unreleased bonus tracks: "Looking At The Rain," "Alberta," "Greyhound Bus Stars," and "Strays And Ashtrays."
The collection also includes a bonus disc capturing Clapton and his band in concert on April 27th, 1977 at London's Hammersmith Odeon, performing such Cream, Blind Faith, Derek & The Dominos, covers, and solo gems as "Hello Old Friend," "Sign Language," "Alberta," "Tell The Truth," "Knockin' On Heaven's Door," "Steady Rolling Man," "Can't Find My Way Home," "Further On Up the Road," "Stormy Monday," "Badge," "Nobody Knows You (When You're Down And Out)," "I Shot The Sheriff," "Layla," and "Key To The Highway."
- Eric Clapton told us that the adulation he's received for his guitar playing throughout the years has also been embarrassing for him at times: "In terms of my guitar playing, yeah, I just thought it was all blown out of proportion. Y'know, I never saw myself as being that much better than anybody, really. I mean, I just saw myself as being another guitar player who knew a little bit about, y'know, the history of it all. I didn't ever really see myself as being particularly gifted, so it was very difficult to absorb all that kind of early adulation."
- Eric Clapton North American tour dates (subject to change):
March 14 - Phoenix, AZ - US Airways Center
March 16 - Houston, TX - Toyota Center
March 17 - Austin, TX - Frank Erwin Center
March 19 - Dallas, TX - American Airlines Center
March 20 - Oklahoma City, OK - Chesapeake Energy Arena
March 22 - Nashville, TN - Bridgestone Arena
March 23 - New Orleans, LA - New Orleans Arena
March 26 - Jacksonville, FL - Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena
March 27 - Duluth, GA - The Arena At Gwinnett Center
March 29, 30 - Hollywood, FL - Seminole Hard Rock Live
April 2 - Charlotte, NC - Time Warner Cable Arena
April 3 - Raleigh, NC - PNC Arena
April 5 - Uncasville, CT - Mohegan Sun Arena
April 6 - Pittsburgh, PA - Consol Energy Center
April 12, 13 - New York, NY - Crossroads Guitar Festival at Madison Square Garden Arena
- Slowhand has been released in five formats: CD - Original album remastered; Two CD Deluxe Edition; LP - Original Album Remastered; Three CD / One Audio DVD / one LP Super Deluxe Edition, and as a Digital Download.
- The Super Deluxe Edition comes with such extras as a bonus CD with five additional tracks from the Hammersmith Odeon gig, the album on vinyl, Clapton tour programs and a behind-the-scenes book.
DID YOU KNOW???
- Eric Clapton's Slowhand was released in November 1977 and peaked at Number Two on the Billboard 200 Album chart for five weeks.
- Clapton scored three Top 40 off the Slowhand album -- "Lay Down Sally" (#3), "Wonderful Tonight" (#16), and "Cocaine" (#30).
- Slowhand, which was produced by Beatles, Rolling Stones, Who, and Led Zeppelin sessions veteran Glyn Johns, stayed on the Billboard 200 for a whopping 74 weeks.
CHECK IT OUT: Eric Clapton and George Harrison live on December 7th, 1978 performing "Further On Up The Road" live in Guilford, England:
Eric Clapton Had Problems Accepting Early Adulation