Subscribe to channel
- Blabbermouth reports MEGADETH has posted the following message on its official Facebook page: "[MEGADETH mainman] Dave Mustaine will be moving his studio, Vic's Garage in San Marcos, California, to a new location in the New Year. There will be a huge clearance of studio gear and professional audio equipment available at MEGADETH's official eBay store coming soon. There will also be guitars going up, and Mustaine is considering offers on his Jackson No. 1! Check out all the items currently up at the store. The store is stocked with rare and hard-to-find promotional items, photos, stage equipment, oddities, personal items, shirts, used strings, set lists, and much more! If you are looking for MEGADETH, look no further!" MEGADETH's 14th album is currently being recorded at Vic's Garage with producer Johnny K (full name: John Karkazis) for an early 2013 release via an as-yet-undisclosed label following the band's recent split with Roadrunner Records. Johnny K produced MEGADETH's last album, 2011's "TH1RT3EN", which was also recorded at Vic's Garage. "TH1RT3EN" sold 42,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release to land at position No. 11 on The Billboard 200 chart. The CD marked the recorded return of bassist David Ellefson who was part of the band's classic lineup from 1983 to 2002. Read more at Loudwire
- Blabbermouth reports MEGADETH recently resumed work on its fourteenth studio album with producer Johnny K (full name: John Karkazis), who has previously worked with DISTURBED, SEVENDUST, MACHINE HEAD and STAIND. The CD is currently being recorded at MEGADETH mainman Dave Mustaine's Vic's Garage studio in San Marcos, California for an early 2013 release via an as-yet-undisclosed label following the band's recent split with Roadrunner Records. In a tweet earlier today, Mustaine wrote: "Cutting vocals today! Some inspiration! Jesus and Clint Eastwood!" Mustaine also attached a photo with his tweet (see here) which appears to reveal a new songtitle: "Nothing To Remember". Mustaine previously told NME about the direction of MEGADETH's new material, "Some of it's a little darker, some of it's a little faster. Being in this position right now, not knowing where we're gonna go or what we're gonna do, it's kind of like the world's ours to do what we want. Are we gonna go back to the speed and thrash metal roots that made us who we are? Are we gonna experiment and rely on the melody that we've discovered in MEGADETH songs?" Mustaine also spoke about how he likes to keep MEGADETH's music more melodic than that of most thrash bands. "We've tried to do that in MEGADETH, have a little melody so that it's not just the same old grinding music like everybody else has," he said. "We're just happy to get going and get to the studio." Johnny K produced MEGADETH's last album, 2011's "TH1RT3EN", which was also recorded at Vic's Garage. Mustaine previously stated about the recording process for "TH1RT3EN", "We've got a great new partner with Johnny K. I mean, I was satisfied with our last co-producer, with Andy Sneap, and Andy really took us — and he even admits — as far as he could take us, and it was great because we wanted to go back to the big leagues where we were, and we feel that Johnny is, obviously, a big-league producer; not that Andy isn't — don't get me wrong. But we feel that this record is definitely one of our best. It's a great feeling, because, you know, finishing some of the last record, I can honestly say, in my heart I knew that it wouldn't contend with some of the great records in the past, just because of the timing, the label that we were on and stuff like that. Lineup changes and stuff… But I really think that everything just lined up for this record." "TH1RT3EN" sold 42,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release to land at position No. 11 on The Billboard 200 chart. The CD marked the recorded return of bassist David Ellefson who was part of the band's classic lineup from 1983 to 2002. In a move that delighted the band's legion of diehards, Ellefson returned to performing live with MEGADETH in early 2010 and has remained a fixture on the stage ever since. This was the first time Ellefson has played on a MEGADETH record since 2002's "Rude Awakening". Read more at Loudwire and Noisecreep
- Blabbermouth reports FreeCreditScore.com has announced the launch its patented Score Planner, a new online tool designed to help consumers better understand what impacts a credit score. Starting on December 26, four new creative ads will support the launch, and one stars POISON singer, businessman and philanthropist Bret Michaels. The ad campaign showcases Score Planner "sliders" and how they illustrate the impact different actions — opening new lines of credit, changing credit limits, forgetting to pay a bill — have on credit scores. Each ad features a young couple seated on the couch, using the sliders to project different scenarios. Eventually, the couple is confronted with a "mystery slider." Moving it results in several rather unexpected experiences, ranging from a private rock concert (enter Bret Michaels) to an unusual encounter with guacamole. "The new Score Planner is an easy-to-use online tool that helps people visualize what impacts their credit scores," said Ken Chaplin, senior vice president of marketing for freecreditscore.com. "We think it will improve people's understanding of credit scores, and the ads are a humorous take on that. Bret Michaels' fame lends itself well to the ads and underscores the message that, ultimately, managing one's financial profile makes many life experiences more accessible." In addition to the commercials, fans can follow FreeCreditScore.com in social media, such as Facebook, Twitter and YouTube. The FreeCreditScore.com commercial featuring Bret Michaels, which will begin to air on TV today (Wednesday, December 26), can be seen below. Says Bret: "This would be a great time to remind everyone to have your credit report checked. With the holiday shopping excitement in the air, sometimes things could show up on your credit report that you didn't know were there. FreeCreditScore will keep you safe with accurate credit reporting data for you… personally." Read more at Loudwire
- Blabbermouth reports as drummer for the English hard rock band DEF LEPPARD, Rick Allen knows what it's like to be on top of the musical world. After a near-fatal auto accident in 1984, he also knows what it's like to completely lose his left arm to amputation — and the post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) that almost destroyed his will to live. "I didn't know what my life would be like after that terrible day," says Rick. "It was the darkest time in my life. And, even today, I still consider myself a work in progress." Yet, as Rick and so many others have learned, it's always darkest before the dawn. Rick began perfecting his use of a specially designed electronic drum kit so he could play with one arm. And perfect he did indeed; the resulting DEF LEPPARD album — "Hysteria" — sold more than 20 million copies worldwide. But Rick never forgot what it was like to suffer. That was never more evident than in 2006 when the USO invited Rick to visit injured service members at Walter Reed Army Medical Center. "I was moved by their courage, their suffering and by the very challenging journey many of them had ahead," recalls Rick. "I spent time talking to as many warriors as I could — listening, learning, and sharing my own experience of losing my arm and having to rebuild my life." Rick left Walter Reed inspired by a burning desire to do more for our nation's wounded. He took action by inviting several warriors from Wounded Warrior Project (WWP) to attend a DEF LEPPARD concert. WWP alumnus Norbie Lara remembers it with fondness: "Being an arm amputee myself, I was encouraged by what Rick had accomplished," says Norbie. "He continues to invite warriors to his concerts and remains involved with WWP any way he can — visiting warriors in hospitals such as Bethesda, Walter Reed, and Brooke Army Medical Center." Rick and his wife Lauren also participate in WWP's Project Odyssey, an outdoor, rehabilitative retreat that helps warriors overcome combat stress through shared experiences with peers and connecting with nature, and co-hosted this year's California Couples Odyssey. And since 2009, they have conducted "Warrior Mental Health Gatherings" backstage at DEF LEPPARD concerts across the country. These gatherings provide community events for veterans and their caregivers to get out and enjoy an evening with other warriors. Rick founded the Raven Drum Foundation, which provides drum circles to Wounded Warrior to help encourage healing from PTSD. Other efforts of Rick's foundation include Resiliency Radio, where he broadcasts programs geared toward rebuilding a healthy life. This includes interviews with WWP teammates and other warriors. Raven Drum Foundation also hosts an online community for veterans and others in need, helps raise awareness about WWP and how warriors struggle, and works with WWP to seek out new, holistic treatment options to enhance the recovery of warriors with PTSD. "My desire is to encourage a support system for warriors, de-stigmatize PTSD, share their stories, and offer alternative ways to pave the road to resiliency and health," says Rick. "PTSD does not control us; we have the power to control it." An ABC News video report in which Rick Allen talks about helping veterans with PTSD as part of the Wounded Warriors Project can be seen below. Read more at Ultimate Classic Rock
- Blabbermouth reports Screamer Magazine recently conducted an interview with QUEENSRŸCHE lead vocalist Todd LaTorre, guitarists Parker Lundgren and Michael Wilton, bassist Eddie Jackson and drummer Scott Rockenfield prior to the band's November 24 performance at the House Of Blues in West Hollywood, California. A few excerpts from the chat follow below. On the band's split with singer Geoff Tate and addition of vocalist Todd LaTorre (also of CRIMSON GLORY): Rockenfield: "Most of it was geared around wanting to do better business and watching what our business has been doing, as well as trying to address some issues that began early in 2012. I mean, things had been building for a while, but in a nutshell, we wanted to address those things and it wasn't accepted very well, and that started a sort of chaotic steam roll of a lot of negative stuff going on, which cultivated in the very end and escalated to what happened in Sao Paulo, Brazil. It had been building for a while, to be honest, and one of those things where we just finally decided to sit down and really address some of these issues and talk about ways we could do better business together, and that required us to have to make some decisions. We wanted to move on with some employees that were working with us and to just address a lot of issues that were on the table for us. And, like I said, once we opened up those conversations, it didn't go very well, and so we had to make some decisions based around that and so that's what we did. We just decided that it was best for us to move on; we didn't see eye to eye anymore on those business decisions, so we wanted to keep doing what QUEENSRŸCHE is good at, which is making music and playing shows for the fans that want to hear what we do. So that's what we did. The timing was good, we moved on, we found Todd, he fit the role. He's got a great personality and all our chemistry together is really great and here we are." On the legal dispute with Geoff Tate over the rights to the QUEENSRŸCHE name: Rockenfield: "None of us know what that decision [by the judge] is going to be [in November 2013], and, of course, we're leaving that up to the final deciding factor, but in the interim we're going out as QUEENSRŸCHE, and we're doing everything under the guise of QUEENSRŸCHE, and that's what we have been doing ever since this thing started to steamroll anyway. But you have the longest standing members of the band, QUEENSRŸCHE, since day one even before Geoff joined the band, so for us it's just business as usual." Wilton: "The ultimate decision, though, is going to be how the fans feel and how the fans react and how this is played out in the marketplace. We're doing pretty good numbers right now and we are the majority of the band, and to be honest, I think the fans are going to be psyched." Rockenfield: "In the meantime, we're grateful. The support has been huge and the shows are really being accepted great. Todd's involvement with us is being accepted and it's great. So with that, we just roll, ya know we're just rolling and for us it's just business as usual. We start making a new record in December." On QUEENSRŸCHE's forthcoming studio album: Rockenfield: "You kind of never know what to expect once you start, and things just kind of take on a life and it just rolls. We're really excited about it; the material is really exciting and we're having a lot of fun with the creation of all the new material, so the next step would be recording; going in and whack it out and make it happen." Read the entire interview from Screamer Magazine.
- Blabbermouth reports STRYPER frontman Michael Sweet has confirmed that he will hit the road next year with T&N (formerly TOOTH AND NAIL), the new project featuring current and former members of DOKKEN (George Lynch, Jeff Pilson and Mick Brown), in support of that band's recently released debut album, "Slave To The Empire", and upcoming follow-up effort. In a recent interview with Legendary Rock Interviews, George Lynch stated about Michael Sweet's involvement with T&N: "That was the decision we all collectively came up with. We thought he was really the right choice. LYNCH MOB has done quite a few dates with STRYPER and we know Michael as a man and he's just such a wonderful guy, which is important at this stage in the game. I've learned that lesson the hard way over the years and now it's to the point where you just wanna work with people who want to work with you and are dedicated, honest, transparent and have a good work ethic. Michael is obviously talented, we all knew that, but he is also just a good person who has all of those qualities and architecture and is a solid guy, but more importantly, his voice is really suited to what we are trying to accomplish live, which is to recreate the DOKKEN stuff faithfully. Jeff's voice is not necessarily ideal for all of that, because he has a bit of a raspier, harder edge, which is better suited to the original music that T&N has done, Jeff will do some of the DOKKEN stuff, but then Michael will come in and do some of the material that he's better at. The other advantage we have with Michael Sweet, other than him being just a great human being, is that he's a really good guitar player and really suited to playing the rhythm parts we have, which is something we really need collectively in this band and for this material. There's a lot of guitars on this record and we wanna reproduce the record faithfully. Plus, he's not a bad-lookin guy either." In a new posting on the STRYPER Facebook page, Sweet writes: "[My involvement with T&N wasn't officially announced but I guess if George is talking about it, then it's official. Keep an eye out (and an ear open) for this! It should be a blast and a lot of fun singing those classic DOKKEN tunes." He adds: "And to ease your mind, I WILL NOT be leaving STRYPER, just having some side fun with George, Jeff and Mick when this actually takes place. "2013 looks to be a very busy year for me, with two new STRYPER records, a STRYPER tour, a new solo record and book, a solo tour and possibly a T&N tour!" "Slave To The Empire", the debut album from T&N, contains seven new original songs and five re-recorded classic DOKKEN songs that feature sensational vocal performances by Tim "Ripper" Owens (YNGWIE MALMSTEEN, JUDAS PRIEST, ICED EARTH, DIO DISCIPLES), Doug Pinnick (KING'S X), Sebastian Bach (SKID ROW) and Robert Mason (WARRANT, LYNCH MOB). The drum tracks on the new, original compositions were laid down by Brian Tichy (WHITESNAKE, FOREIGNER). Read more at Classic Rock
- Blabbermouth reports ANTHRAX will headline the third annual Metal Alliance Tour, set to kick off in March and run through the month of April. The band will perform its fan-favorite 1987 album "Among The Living" in its entirety during the trek, which will feature support from EXODUS, MUNICIPAL WASTE, HOLY GRAIL and a couple of additional bands, to be announced at a later date. "ANTHRAX has always been one of my favorite bands, and to have them be part of our tour is beyond expression. This is surely going to be one for the history books!" states tour co-organizer Dan Rozenblum. Adds ANTHRAX guitarist Scott Ian: "Holy crap am I so excited about this year's Metal Alliance Tour! "It's been a great year and a half for us since 'Worship Music' came out and to cap it off with a Grammy nomination. "This is such a perfect lineup. To make this tour even more special, we will be playing our 'Among The Living' record in its entirety. I can't wait to play 'Horror Of It All'! "Come on out and worship with us, my friends. You do not want to miss this. USA on Hell one more time." General-admission tickets will go on sale on January 11.
The dates are as follows:
Mar. 23 - House of Blues - Las Vegas, NV
Mar. 24 - Marquee Theatre - Tempe, AZ
Mar. 25 - House of Blues - San Diego, CA
Mar. 27 - House of Blues - West Hollywood, CA
Mar. 28 - Regency Ballroom - San Francisco, CA
Mar. 29 - The Crystal Ballroom - Portland, OR
Mar. 30 - Commodore Ballroom - Vancouver, BC
Mar. 31 - Showbox SoDo - Seattle, WA
Apr. 02 - Summit Music Hall - Denver, CO
Apr. 04 - First Avenue - Minneapolis, MN
Apr. 05 - House of Blues - Chicago, IL
Apr. 06 - The Fillmore Detroit - Detroit, MI
Apr. 07 - Bogarts - - Cincinnati, OH
Apr. 09 - House of Blues - Dallas, TX
Apr. 10 - House of Blues - Houston, TX
Apr. 12 - House of Blues - Lake Buena Vista, FL
Apr. 13 - Tremont Music Hall - Charlotte, NC
Apr. 14 - The Fillmore - Silver Spring, MD
Apr. 16 - House of Blues - Cleveland, OH
Apr. 18 - Theatre of the Living Arts - Philadelphia, PA
Apr. 20 - Irving Plaza - New York, NY
For more information, visit MetalAllianceTour.com. ANTHRAX recently spent time in the studio recording several cover versions of some of their favorite rock classics, to be included with the upcoming re-release of the band's latest album, "Worship Music". In addition to RUSH ("Anthem") and BOSTON ("Smokin'") covers, ANTHRAX is also recording its versions of AC/DC's "T.N.T.", JOURNEY's "Keep On Runnin'" and BLACK SABBATH's "Neon Knights". The latter song is expected to appear on the upcoming Ronnie James Dio tribute album which is being assembled by the singer's widow and longtime manager Wendy Dio. "Worship Music" has sold more than 100,000 copies in the U.S. since its September 2011 release, according to Nielsen SoundScan. Read more at Loudwire
- Blabbermouth reports congratulations are in order for DOWN guitarist and CROWBAR frontman Kirk Windstein who just got engaged to his girlfriend of two months, Robin Dubroc. Windstein ended his previous relationship to a woman named Kate in early October and became romantically involved with Dubroc on October 18, according to Kirk's personal Facebook timeline. He wrote on October 4: "My world as I know it has been crushed... Kate doesn't want me anymore and I'm fucking devastated. It's not her fault, she just can't deal with me being gone all the time. I will always love her more than any woman." He added the next day: "I'll say one thing... my heart has been broken for the last time. I will never trust a woman with my heart ever again!!!" A week into his new relationship, on October 22, Kirk wrote: "I spoke to Robin for at least an hour and a half!!! The most special lady I know... To all who are hurting, giving up on love etc., let Robin and I be an example... By that I mean that your true love will come around. It took 47 years for me... but it is 'real' and I feel it... I have not felt this good since I was a kid!!! AMAZING what the right lady can do for your soul... I love you, Robin. Thanks for being you!!!" Windstein has a nine-year-old daughter, Haleigh, with his ex-wife, Nicole.
- Blabbermouth reports Long Beach, New York-based hard rock band TERRA STIGMA will enter the studio in January with producer John Moyer (bassist for DISTURBED and ADRENALINE MOB) to record new material. "We are thrilled to have a chance to work with such an accomplished music industry veteran on this record," said TERRA STIGMA bassist and songwriter Shawn Stuart. "We look forward to finally getting our new songs out there as they are our most meaningful, powerful songs to date." TERRA STIGMA previously released two well-received CD EPs in 2008 and 2011, produced by Marc Jordan (VELVET REVOLVER, THE CULT) and mastered by Tom Baker (DEFTONES, SEETHER). The gained a reputation for hitting the streets hard, playing over 200 venues and scoring opening slots for such national acts as REV THEORY, TAPROOT, ADEMA, REACH 454 and PHANTOM PLANET over the past several years. With the recent addition of lead guitarist Jared Elliot, more of the same is expected in 2013.
- Blabbermouth reports "Astro Khaos 2012 - Official Live Bootleg", a brand new CD+DVD release from Swedish/German extreme metallers ARCH ENEMY, has just been made available in Japan. Says the band: "At the end of our Japan tour in April 2012, we played two suddenly announced special intimate shows with setlists voted by the Japanese fans... The CD+DVD captures these very special moments…"
"Astro Khaos 2012 - Official Live Bootleg" track listing:
01. Enemy Within
02. In This Shallow Grave
03. Fields of Desolation
05. Bury Me An Angel
06. Dead Eyes See No Future
07. The Immortal
08. Bridge Of Destiny
09. Blood On Your Hands
11. Khaos Overture
12. Yesterday Is Dead And Gone
13. We Will Rise
ARCH ENEMY's front-of-house engineer Clem Bennett posted a five-minute video recap of the band's Japanese tour. Check it out below. ARCH ENEMY's recent tour of South America and Mexico was documented for the band's next DVD, to be released in late 2013. German production company Filmefahrer Pictures, known for its work on "2012 - The Movie" and THE VERY END's music video for "A Hole In The Sun", filmed the shows, conducted interviews with the bandmember and shot backstage footage, fans and other incidentals during the tour. ARCH ENEMY's ninth album, "Khaos Legions", sold around 6,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release to enter The Billboard 200 chart at position No. 78. The band earlier in the year amicably parted ways with guitarist Christopher Amott and replaced him with American musician Nick Cordle (ARSIS).
- Loudwire posts the top 10 Metallica drum songs
- Loudwire reports Pennywise announce North American 2013 tour with returning singer Jim Lindberg
- Ultimate Classic Rock reports "Time Has Come Today" singer turns to internet after decades without royalties
- Classic Rock posts the Gaslight Anthem’s seasonal track…for Halloween in new song played live
- Classic Rock reports Sammy Hagar frustrated over Montrose DVD
- Spinner reports "Beatles Stories": fab-four fandom and a gym meeting with Paul McCartney
- Rolling Stone reports Dr. John jams With Dan Auerbach in Brooklyn
- Rolling Stone reports My Bloody Valentine finished with new album
- Blabbermouth posts new music videos from Majesty "Thunder Rider", Dirt "Fast Lane" and Helhorse "Death Comes To The Sleeping"
- Blabbermouth posts interviews with Stone Sour guitarist Josh Rand, Steve Vai on his new album, Doro Pesch, Sweet's Andy Scott, John-Paul Gaster from Clutch, Brian Fair from Shadows Fall, Iced Earth mainman on politics, Delain, Picture Me Broken, Municipal Waste, Cattle Decapitation, Nile's Karl Sanders and Sonata Arctica singer
Check out more quick hits at Classic Rock
Return to previous page
Send to a friend
MTV's Daily Video
Century Media ..
Metal Blade Re..