Alter Bridge will be getting back to work in 2013, according to a post on Twitter by guitarist Mark Tremonti. Loudwire reported that Tremonti tweeted on Tuesday (December 11th) that he, singer Myles Kennedy and drummer Scott Phillips got together with their management in Florida to plan the immediate future of the band. Although specific details were not disclosed, the schedule for 2013 does include recording sessions for the band's fourth album as well as tour dates.
- The only member of the band not in attendance was bassist Brian Marshall, who also had to drop out of his slot as the bassist in Tremonti's solo touring band earlier this year due to personal reasons. His replacement in that lineup was Van Halen bass player Wolfgang Van Halen.
- Alter Bridge's last studio offering, AB III, came out in 2010 and included the hits "Isolation" and "Ghost Of Days Gone By."
- Myles Kennedy told us what he thinks has contributed to the band's musical growth since it first started back in 2003: "With all that you go through, and all the experiences good and bad, there's a certain bond and a certain trust that starts to come into the fold, especially, you know, creatively, where you learn to understand each other's strengths and trust people's instincts. And I think that that's probably one of the key components."
- During Alter Bridge's break, Tremonti wrote and recorded his first solo album, All I Was, and toured behind it, while Kennedy recorded all the vocals for Slash's second solo effort, Apocalyptic Love, and toured the world as part of his live band.
- Tremonti, Phillips and Marshall have also toured as part of their original act, Creed, who have also been working on new material.
WHAT DO YOU THINK??
- Are you looking forward to Alter Bridge returning?
- Which of these four bands do you like the best: Creed, Alter Bridge, Tremonti or Slash's touring group The Conspirators?
INTERNET COMMENTS at Blabbermouth -- agree or not?
ElliottHenderson wrote: "Urgh. I want to hear Myles Kennedy's solo album first. He's had it recorded for ages but justs needs to finalize his vocals and release it."
Pod wrote: "Tremonti isn't a particularly original guitarist but AB are ok for a listen now and again. Can see the next album being more of the same."
Ferkneckit wrote: "I know that the rest of the guys in AB would like to get going again but with Myles singing with Slash during any off time from AB his availability is going to reach critical mass."
DirtyWaterDog wrote: "as long as I don't have to hear new Creed? Cool."
JPacHalen wrote: "Why do I not appreciate AB? Sounds too generic. I respect Tremonti and Myles, I just can't get excited about their music. What am I missing? I wasn't a Creed fan either."
Myles Kennedy On Alter Bridge's Growth
Read more at Blabbermouth and Loudwire