Heart fans are rejoicing over the fact that 11 long years after becoming eligible, the band is heading into the Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame. Lead singer Ann Wilson shed some light on the fine line between being consistently passed over and finally being accepted into the Hall: "We've had occasions to go in when we're in Cleveland and do various little things at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, y'know, little musical events and stuff like that. I've been there a few times and seen all the cool items they have there. I know people tend to do go, when they don't get inducted into the Rock Hall, they're like, 'Oh, well it doesn't mean anything' -- and then when they do, all of a sudden: 'Yeah! It's great!' It's such a hard thing for a musician, because the thing that makes you do it is the music itself."
- Heart tour dates (subject to change):
January 26 - Atlantic City, NJ - Caesars Atlantic City
January 27 - Lancaster, PA - American Music Theatre
January 29 - Englewood, NJ - Bergen Performing Arts Center
January 30 - Schenectady, NY - Proctors
January 31 - Morristown, NJ - Mayo Performing Arts Center
March 9 - Penticton, BC - South Okanagan Events Centre
March 10 - Calgary, AB - Southern Alberta Jubilee Auditorium
March 11 - Edmonton, AB - Northern Alberta Jubilee Auditorium
March 13 - Regina, SK - Conexus Arts Centre
March 14 - Saskatoon, SK - TCU Place
March 15 - Brandon, MB - Westman Place
March 17 - Winnipeg, MB - Centennial Concert Hall
March 18 - Thunder Bay, ON - Thunder Bay Community Auditorium
March 20 - London, ON - Budweiser Gardens
March 21 - Toronto, ON - Massey Hall
March 24 - Ottawa, ON - National Arts Centre
March 25 - Montreal, QC - Bell Centre
- An addition to Heart, Rush, Donna Summer, Randy Newman, blues legend Albert King, and rappers Public Enemy are the 2013 inductees to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
- Producer/arranger and L.A. music scene powerhouse Lou Adler along with Quincy Jones will receive the prestigious Ahmet Ertegun Award.
- Red Hot Chili Peppers bassist Flea announced the inductees on Monday (December 11th) at L.A.'s Nokia Theater, which is where the induction ceremony will be held on April 18th. A truncated version of the evening's events will air on HBO on May 18th.
- Recently released is Heart's 14th studio set, Fanatic. The album -- which comes on the heels of their new autobiography, Kicking And Dreaming: A Story of Heart, Soul And Rock And Roll, along with their career-spanning box set, Strange Euphoria -- which is their followup to 2010's Red Velvet Car, which peaked at Number 10 on the Billboard 200.
- Red Velvet Car marked the band's highest charting album since 1990's Brigade peaked at Number Three.
- After a five year hiatus from the Top 10, between 1985 and 1987, Heart scored six straight Top Ten hits -- "What About Love" (#10), "Never" (#4), "These Dreams" (#1), "Nothin' At All" (#10), "Alone" (#1) and "Who Will You Run To" (#7).
CHECK IT OUT: Heart live in 2012 performing "Alone" in Vancouver:
Ann Wilson On The Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame