Jason Bonham has announced the first five dates of his 2013 Led Zeppelin Experience tour. As it stands now, the band will kick things off on January 30th and hit a total of five Canadian cities -- London, Toronto, Winnipeg, Regina, and Calgary before winding things down on February 11th. As on previous tours, Bonham and his band will share the unique history of Led Zeppelin through rock songs, video and light effects. The lineup features Bonham on drums, Tony Catania on guitar, Stephen Leblanc on keyboards/pedal-steel guitars, Dorian Heartsong on bass and James Dylan on lead vocals.
Bonham told us that the Zeppelin Experience setlists tend to lean towards his own personal favorites: "When somebody said to me once, 'What are your favorite Led Zeppelin songs, if there's two?' And I said, 'Well, there is always going to be two; there's never one. And it would be 'Kashmir' and 'The Rain Song.' Well, I didn't do 'The Rain Song' on the last tour, and this time around. . . Y'know, I never imagined this thing to be taken in as well as its been taken in, to be honest. But since we're in this position where we can now. . . To me, I wanna make sure that if there was anything wrong with the set before, that it didn't have enough of some of the later Zeppelin."
- JUST ANNOUNCED: Jason Bonham's Led Zeppelin Experience tour dates (subject to change):
January 30 - London, ON - Centennial Hall
January 31 - Toronto, ON - Massey Hall
February 6 - Winnipeg, MB - MTS Centre
February 7 - Regina, SK - Casino Regina Show Lounge
February 11 - Calgary, AB - Southern Alberta Jubilee Auditorium
- Among the Led Zeppelin classics tackled by Jason Bonham and the band are: "Immigrant Song," "Celebration Day," "I Can't Quit You," "Your Time Is Gonna Come," "Babe, I'm Gonna Leave You," Dazed And Confused," "Lemon Song," "Thank You," "Moby Dick," "Friends," "Since I've Been Loving You," Black Dog," "The Ocean," "The Song Remains The Same," "I'm Gonna Crawl," "Stairway To Heaven," "Kashmir," "Whole Lotta Love," and "Rock And Roll," among others.
- John Bonham died on September 25th, 1980 of pulmonary edema, which is fluid accumulation in the lungs. He was 32-years-old.
- Led Zeppelin -- with Jason Bonham on drums -- last performed on December 10th, 2007 at London's O2 Arena. The show marked the band's first full concert since their final show with John Bonham on July 7th, 1980 in Berlin.
- Prior to that, Zeppelin had performed public mini-sets on July 13th, 1985 at Live Aid in Philadelphia's JFK Stadium, and again -- with Jason Bonham -- on May 14th, 1988 Atlantic Records 40th Anniversary Concert at New York's Madison Square Garden.
CHECK IT OUT: The Bonhams at home in 1973:
Jason Bonham On Updating Zeppelin Experience Setlist