Subscribe to channel
has raised nearly $1 million so far through the sale of artwork from its most recent album, 2011's Xylo Myloto
. All the money raised from the sale of items, now on display at London's Proud Galleries, will go to the Kids Company charity, which raises money to help vulnerable inner city children. The gallery show features three original paintings by the members of Coldplay and their Mylo Xyloto
artwork collaborator Paris
. Also on display is the original full-sized wall of graffiti that became the album's cover art, as well as a smaller wall which has been painted by children from Kids Company. The large wall has already been sold for more than $800,000. (Gigwise
- Metallica's James Hetfield and late Beastie Boys member Adam Yauch are among the artists who have contributed hand-painted skateboards to a new charity project called Boards and Bands. The initiative, launched by professional skateboard legend Tony Hawk, is auctioning off decks featuring the lyrics to famous songs painted on the skateboard by the artist. Among the musicians also involved are Paul McCartney, Bob Dylan, Tom Petty and Jimmy Cliff. The charity auction will raise funds for new skateparks around the country. (Spinner)
- M83 has released a music video for "Wait," the latest single from the act's 2011 double album, Hurry Up, We're Dreaming. The clip, which features planets and pyramids in space, wolves, children and psychedelic special effects, is said to be the last "chapter" in a trilogy of videos that also included clips for previous singles "Midnight City" and "Reunion," the former of which was a Top Five hit at Modern Rock radio. (Spin)
- Memphis rockers Egypt Central have called it quits after 10 years, with bassist Joey Chicago and drummer Blake Allison deciding to continue in a new group called Devour The Day. In a statement posted on Facebook, Chicago said that the band would rather dissolve than "put some bull**** in front of your faces and ask you to believe in it." Egypt Central released two major label albums, a self-titled debut and 2011's White Rabbit, and reached the rock radio Top 20 with the title track from the latter set. (Banana1015.com) Read more at Loudwire
CHECK IT OUT: Watch M83's trippy video for "Wait":
Here's the Egypt Central video for "White Rabbit":
- Blabbermouth reports FourPoints Television, producers of "The Aviators", one of PBS' most-watched television reality docuseries, has announced it has signed Vince Neil, lead singer of the infamous rock band MÖTLEY CRÜE, to head up a new reality series based on his exploits as a newly-certified pilot. The series, "Vince Neil Escapes", will follow Neil in his dream to finalize his pilot's license, for which flight training occurred on-camera during Season three of the popular PBS aviation program. In the process Vince and an entourage head for the skies in a series of flights to glamorous party destinations. Episodes will accompany Neil and his bombshell entrepreneur girlfriend, his semi-famous rocker manager, and his soft-spoken female mentor and flight instructor, as they embark on various whirlwind flights across North America and the Caribbean, enjoying rock-star level treatment along the way. Throughout the season, Vince battles FAA regulations to earn the right to fly on his own (due to a long history of DUI convictions, including one fatal collision), working with a quirky medical practitioner... and accordion player. Yet Neil's more enduring challenge is to strike a balance between his hard-partying nature and the unique sobriety and focus required to fulfill his dream of being a full-fledged pilot. Neil's flight instructor and "angel on the shoulder" warns that the only variable between Vince enjoying a casual flight and dying in a fiery disaster is Vince himself. "We get to see a developing side of Vince that lifts the series above the typical celebrity reality fare," said Anthony Nalli, producer and creator of "Vince Neil Escapes" as well as a long-time pilot and host of "The Aviators". "He's faced with some choices that could have life-and-death consequences, and is called upon to summon a serious side that many 'Vince haters' doubt even exists. It's a classic battle of temptation that we all face — only on an rock star scale." "I'm thrilled to be part of the series. It's a great ride," said Neil. "We do a lot of crazy partying in our travels, for sure, but what I've learned from this experience goes way past that. Flying has always been a huge dream for me, but the reality of learning something this disciplined has had a life-altering effect. It's taken time for it to sink in, but I've definitely gone through some unexpected changes." Viewers can observe Vince's push-pull relationship with his unlikely new confidant and flight instructor (the only non-celebrity in the group, suddenly immersed in a VIP party scene), and how Vince's existing relationships with his put-upon manager and ambitious girlfriend are each influenced by his latest adventures in aviation. Read more at Loudwire and Ultimate Classic Rock
- Blabbermouth reports the third annual Kiss Kruise is confirmed for October 28 - November 1, 2013 on board The Norwegian Pearl sailing from Miami, Florida to Key West, Florida and Great Stirrup Cay, Bahamas. Register online for the Kiss Kruise III presale at this location. A two-and-a-half-minute video recap of this year's edition of the Kiss Kruise can be seen below. The second Kiss Kruise set sail October 31 - November 4, 2012 from Miami, Florida to Great Stirrup Cay, Bahamas onboard the Norwegian Pearl. In an interview with Wallace Immen of AvidCruiser.com, KISS bassist/vocalist Gene Simmons stated about the first-ever Kiss Kruise (which was held in October 2011), "The Kiss Kruise is a chance for all of us — the band and the fans — to have a ball. Just let your hair down and not worry about it at all. KISS has always been about breaking the rules. We've never liked that moat — the stage — separating the band from the fans. So whenever we do a show, we try to take the action right to your face. A cruise will let the fans get up close. We try to take it inside you, we want you to smell it and taste it and feel it." When asked if the fans were going to get to interact with the band on the cruise, Gene said, "We're going to have a deck up top to ourselves and we will certainly want to bring up fans. It may to a little difficult to get down to the lower levels and hang out a lot, because you've got 3,000 people on board, who are basically going to shred you to pieces. It's all appreciated, of course, and I say all this with tongue in cheek — I don't mean my tongue in your cheek, but you know what I mean. The real idea of this cruise is to have fun. Everything about KISS is over the top. Everything about it is meant to really make every day we have above ground a fun day."
- Blabbermouth reports Iggy Pop, John Wetton (ASIA), Glenn Hughes (DEEP PURPLE, BLACK COUNTRY COMMUNION), Jack Russell (GREAT WHITE), L.A. GUNS, Gilby Clarke (GUNS N' ROSES), PRETTY BOY FLOYD, George Lynch (DOKKEN, LYNCH MOB) and Steve Morse (DEEP PURPLE) are among the musicians who appear on "An All-Star Salute To Christmas", a one-of-a-kind gathering of superstars from pop, rock, metal and country music, who have recorded these exclusive tracks of their takes on the holiday classics to create a Christmas album like no other! The two-disc set was released on November 27 via Cleopatra.
- Blabbermouth reports after the success of his London Garage show last month, ANTHRAX guitarist Scott Ian has announced a full spoken-word, Metal Hammer-sponsored U.K. tour. "My first 'Speaking Words' tour and I get to do it in the U.K. and Ireland? Really? Wow, how fucking cool is that!" says Scott. "My one-off show in London went so well and now I get to speak words at you all over the place. Thank you for having a superior sense of humor. "I'm calling it 'Speaking Words' because the pretension of saying I am doing a 'spoken-word' tour is too much to bear. This ain't no poetry reading. This isn't an evening of sensitive discourse. It's an evening of ridiculous truth. It's me talking (swearing) about this insane life I've led over the last 31 years, the people I've met and the shit that's happened. And when I'm done swearing, you can ask me anything you want, the floor is yours. "Cheers, my friends. See you in May and June." Read more at Loudwire
The full list of dates is as follows:
May 24 - Oxford O2 Academy
May 25 - Cardiff The Gate
May 26 - Gloucester Guildhall
May 27 - Plymouth White Rabbit
May 29 - Rugby The Vault
May 30 - York The Duchess
May 31 - Liverpool O2 Academy
Jun. 01 - Manchester Sound Control
Jun. 02 - Stoke Underground
Jun. 04 - Newcastle The Cluny
Jun. 05 - Glasgow The Arches
Jun. 06 - Belfast Limelight 2
Jun. 07 - Cork Cyprus Avenue
Jun. 08 - Dublin Button Factory
Jun. 10 - Bournemouth O2 Academy
Jun. 11 - London The Garage
- Blabbermouth reports "Call You Out", the new video from FLYLEAF can be seen below. The animated clip follows an angry bear destined to destroy the smaller animals towns, only to find himself faced with the masses. The "Call You Out" video was directed by Brad Scott, who had this to say about the band and creating the video: "Our team has been a fan of FLYLEAF since the very beginning, so working on a music video for the album 'New Horizons' was a great honor. "FLYLEAF's new song 'Call You Out' is about the power of truth rising against evil. We aligned our characters with a cast of animals who were pitted against the ultimate antagonist in a forest. Through this, the video became the ultimate musical fable; light versus dark, and the triumph of good versus evil. Using live-action and animation we decided to limit our style to a monochromatic tone, with a dark and stormy vibe. "I feel that FLYLEAF fans all around will love this video, and we're really excited for the premiere." FLYLEAF's new lineup made its live debut on November 1 at the Grand Stafford Theater in Bryan,Texas in front of a sold-out capacity crowd of 400. The show featured the debut of new singer Kristen May, who replaced original vocalist Lacey Sturm after the latter abruptly departed the group in October. Sturm left the band on the eve of the release of its third album, "New Horizons", which came out on October 30 and sold 20,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release to land at position No. 16 on The Billboard 200 chart. Sturm issued a statement about her exit from the group she co-founded, saying, "I am very thankful to have recently become a mom to one of the greatest blessings of my life, my son Jack . . . I understand that, for me, living life to the fullest in this season means to step down as the lead singer for FLYLEAF." The new album follows up 2009's "Memento Mori" and FLYLEAF's self-titled 2005 debut, which have combined to sell more than 1.6 million copies in the U.S. Read more at Loudwire
- Blabbermouth reports the cover artwork for SEVENDUST's ninth album, "Black Out The Sun", can be seen below. Due on March 26, 2013 via the band's 7Bros. Records label (through Warner Music Group's Independent Label Group), the CD's first single, "Decay", will be sent to radio and available for download at online retail outlets January 22, 2013. The effort was recorded at Architekt Music studios in Butler, New Jersey with engineer Mike Ferretti. "The craziest thing about this record is finishing it in about a month," guitarist John Connolly told Revolver magazine. "We haven't done that since our debut album [1997's self-titled effort]. This is one of the fastest records we've ever made, but also one of the strongest — working off instinct mostly." According to Connolly, SEVENDUST's forthcoming CD finds the band exploring "a darker vibe," but "there's still plenty of melody," he added. "The record fits right in with 'Animosity' , 'Alpha' , and our self-titled album. Lots of heavy stuff and some more mellow, moody songs as well It's a nice balance of what makes for the SEVENDUST sound." Songtitles set to appear on the 12-track CD, which was produced by the bandmembers themselves, include "Mountain" and "Murder Bar". The latter was reportedly inspired by a Butler, New Jersey bar across from the hotel where SEVENDUST was staying while recording the new CD. Rumor had it the place was popular with many of New Jersey's murderers. "It's a basic SEVENDUST record," guitarist Clint Lowery recently told "Source Of The Sound With Wendy Campbell". "There's nothing, like, too completely different than anything we've done before. It's got a darker vibe to it. We've got a good amount of the programming element in there. It's a lot of what we do — it's heavy and it's got its melodic element in it. So if you're a SEVENDUST fan, it's more along the lines of the second and third records we did — it's kind of like that. It's got a couple of throwback vibes to it. 'Animosity' and 'Home' , if I can put those two records together, it would [sound similar to the new CD]." SEVENDUST and LACUNA COILwill join forces for a U.S. tour in early 2013. The bands will head out on a 17-date run throughout the month of February. The trek kicks off on February 2 in Winston-Salem, North Carolina. Read more at Loudwire
- Blabbermouth reports former SKID ROW vocalist Sebastian Bach is working on a brand new DVD/live CD package, "ABachalypse Now", for a spring 2013 release via Frontiers Records. The DVD/CD includes never-before-seen footage from this year's Graspop Metal Meeting in Dessel, Belgium, the full Hellfest set from France and the fully remixed and remastered Club Nokia show from Los Angeles (originally broadcast on AXS TV). The exact track listing and table of contents is forthcoming. According to Sebastian, "ABachalypse Now" will include "special guest appearances by Jinxx from BLACK VEIL BRIDES, Roy Z (HALFORD), and Brent Woods (VINCE NEIL)." He previously stated about the forthcoming set: "I am so excited for all of you to witness and experience 'ABachalypse Now'. We have included three recent concerts and the footage is totally kickass! It's remixed and remastered for full audio and video quality. The performances and energy of the crowds are killer throughout the DVD and you really feel like you are at the shows. Prepare yourselves for the coming ABachalypse — now!" Bach in July posted a letter on his Facebook page in which he said he was willing to reunite with SKID ROW. "For the fans, I would be willing to put my ego aside and do something that would be special for the people who put us where we are today," he wrote. "I do not personally want it myself. But it's not always about 'what I want.' If the fans really want to see us together, I would do it for the fans. Sometimes you can do things for people other than yourself." Bach said he wanted to write the letter in response to current SKID ROW singer Johnny Solinger's interview in which Johnny said a recent tweet by Bach about a possible SKID ROW reunion was an attempt to "get attention." Bach's most recent solo album, "Kicking & Screaming", sold 6,600 copies in the United States in its first week of release to land at position No. 73 on The Billboard 200 chart. The singer's previous CD, "Angel Down", opened with 6,400 units back in November 2007 to debut at No. 190.
- Blabbermouth reports QUEENSRŸCHE singer Geoff Tate has released brand new merchandise supporting the 25th anniversary the band's classic "Operation: Mindcrime" album. Check it out in Geoff's online store. Tate's newly assembled version of QUEENSRŸCHE — featuring bassist Rudy Sarzo (OZZY OSBOURNE, QUIET RIOT, WHITESNAKE, DIO), drummer Bobby Blotzer (RATT), guitarist Kelly Gray (MYTH) and keyboardist Randy Gane (MYTH) — will hit the road next year to celebrate the 25th anniversary of "Operation: Mindcrime". "It's great to be performing with all of these guys who have been true friends for years," commented Geoff. "Kelly, Randy and I formed MYTH more than 30 years ago and I've known Rudy and Bobby for several years as well. I think we are all inspired by the collaboration and couldn't be more excited to bring it to our fans next year." The performance of "Operation: Mindcrime" next spring will cover all fifteen songs from the album including such fan favorites as "Revolution Calling", "Operation: Mindcrime", "I Don't Believe In Love" and the closing track, "Eyes Of A Stranger". It will also feature other selections from the QUEENSRŸCHE catalog, including songs from "Operation: Mindcrime II". Former MEGADETH and KING DIAMOND guitarist Glen Drover, who was originally supposed to tour with the Geoff Tate-fronted version of QUEENSRŸCHE, announced his departure from the group last month before playing a single show with the band. Tate, who was fired from QUEENSRŸCHE in June after fronting the group for three decades, recently sought to prevent his former bandmates from touring and operating under the QUEENSRŸCHE name without him. While ruling against Tate, the presiding judge determined that there was no legal hurdle in Tate also using the name with an all-new lineup of musicians. "I don't see any reason that Mr. Tate can't have the benefit, if he gets other members, of whatever name he uses of using the brand," Superior Court Judge Carol A. Schapira said during the July 13 court hearing. "I think [doing that would be] inherently confusing, although I'm sure the market can get these things sorted out," she added.
- Blabbermouth reports TESLA frontman Jeff Keith will perform three songs from his country-music EP, "Jeff Keith And Country Music Friends", with the California-based country band ROAD 88 on December 15 at Toby Keith's I Love This Bar & Grill in Folsom, California. Video footage of Keith rehearsing with ROAD 88 can be seen below. Released on November 9, the six-song "Jeff Keith And Country Music Friends" is available at Jeff's newly launched web site, JeffKeithCountry.com, with the first 500 copies being personally autographed by Keith. Says Jeff: "Once upon a time, I was playing a TESLA show in Canada when Kent Goodson and Pat Boone from the George Jones band came to see us. The next thing you know, us three were on a pontoon boat in Nashville fulfilling a dream I've always had writing country music songs." He continues, "I've wanted to do a country project since my early days of growing up in Oklahoma, and with the help of a couple of buddies of mine, it's now reality. "Kent played with George Jones for 28 years, and Pat still runs sound for George now for over nine years, and I have been the lead singer for TESLA for over 25 years now. "We hope that this EP will allow us to record a full-length studio album, recorded in Nashville, Tennessee! "Put on your cowboy hat and chime on in. There is a lot more yet to come."
"Jeff Keith And Country Music Friends" track listing:
01. Same Ol' Cowboy
02. Life Is Just A Roller Coaster Ride
03. I Can't Let Go
04. Life On The Road
05. Oklahoma Bound
06. Oh Hell
07. CMF Interviews
- Blabbermouth reports North American syndicated rock radio show "In The Studio: The Stories Behind History's Greatest Rock Bands" rides the waves with guitar virtuoso Joe Satriani on the 25th anniversary of his groundbreaking album, "Sur?ng With The Alien". Few guitarists possess the technical skill and melodic taste of Joe Satriani, affectionately called "Satch" by friends and fans. As his pupils (rock notables Steve Vai and METALLICA's Kirk Hammett, to name just a couple) became famous, Satriani became recognized in his own right. When "Sur?ng With The Alien" crashed onto the shores of the rock music scene, it single-handedly closed the post-punk era where the rock guitarist had become self-conscious and clichéd. Satriani's 1987 multi-million-selling "Sur?ng With The Alien" album rewarded the guitar instrumentalist, putting him in a unique class of gifted axemen and providing huge opportunities to spread his musical wings. Satriani recalls to "In The Studio" host Redbeard what "Sur?ng" did to his career: "To tell you the truth, it was great. It sure beats obscurity and poverty! [laughs] I mean, I wouldn't complain for a second about that. Because suddenly people were playing me on the radio, guys like yourself were pioneering the record out there. That's really the goal, to get people to start hearing your stuff." The full Joe Satriani "In The Studio" program is available to stream online at www.inthestudio.net as part of "In The Studio"'s Medium Rare series. This program is in two parts and contains music and interviews.
* Part 1
* Part 2
- Blabbermouth reports the second annual Paul Gilbert's Great Guitar Escape — featuring acclaimed guitarist Paul Gilbert (MR. BIG, RACER X) — will take place July 8-12, 2013 at Full Moon Resort in Big Indian, New York. Guitar players of all ages, levels and styles are invited to join Paul Gilbert and other guest guitar instructors for this unique music camp. After a full day of activities, evenings will culminate with intimate, once-in-a-lifetime jam sessions. Paul says: "The Great Guitar Escape is built around world-class seminars, concerts and jam sessions. It's a chance to learn and be inspired by some truly amazing musicians. And it's just a great way for everyone to hang out together in a beautiful place. The Full Moon Resort makes a perfect location to soak up some serious guitar music." From platinum album sales and #1 chart success as a founding member of MR. BIG, to frightening the guitar community with new levels of ferocious picking technique with shred-pioneers RACER X, to exploring punk, pop, classical, blues, jazz, and progressive instrumental styles in his solo career, Paul has held a top spot in the world of rock guitar technique for decades. He also has the rare ability to break down his techniques and ideas to be understood by guitarists at any level. Paul currently records and tours extensively as a solo artist and clinician, as well as teaching at his Artistworks online rock guitar school. Featured guest guitar instructors at Paul Gilbert's Great Guitar Escape include: Ibanez guitar signature artist Andy Timmons (DANGER DANGER, Simon Phillips, Paul Stanley of KISS, Olivia Newton-John, Paula Abdul), internationally renowned jazz guitarist/composer Mimi Fox (Stevie Wonder, Charlie Byrd, Diana Krall, Branford Marsalis, Joey DeFrancesco), Associate Professor at Berklee College of Music in Boston Scotty Johnson (Paul Gilbert, Robben Ford's Fords and Friends, THE FORD BLUES BAND, THE BLINDSIDE BLUES BAND), acclaimed rock/blues/slide guitarist Tony Spinner, and Adam Fulara who specializes in two-handed contrapuntal tapping. Paul adds: "Every teacher at the camp has something unique to offer. I've had great, face-melting jams with Andy, Scotty and Tony in the past and they are three of my favorite guitarists. I've also been interested in Mimi and Adam for quite a while now, and I'm very excited to watch them play in person. Their abilities are off the map!" Great Guitar Escape students will arrive at Full Moon Resort on Monday, July 8 for an orientation, meet-and-greet with the teachers, and concert with Paul's band. July 9, 10 and 11 will be filled with seminars and concerts with Paul and the other instructors, with informal jam sessions each night. Guests will enjoy breakfast together on July 12 before departing. Paul Gilbert's Great Guitar Escape packages are on sale now at www.greatguitarescape.com and start at just $1200, including lodging, access to all workshops, seminars, gourmet meals, performances, and camp activities. Full Moon Resort features an eclectic array of comfortable, rustic country-inn accommodations as well as luxury and primitive camping. The grounds offer one hundred acres of meadows, forests and streams providing a natural backdrop for an unforgettable, enriching experience. Guests can enjoy the spring-fed swimming pool, on-site access to the Esopus Creek, and explore the splendors of the Catskills on the nearby network of hiking trails. For those who prefer in-room Wi-Fi, air conditioning, television, and daily housekeeping service, Slide Mountain Forest House and The Alpine Inn — located approximately a mile and a half from Full Moon Resort — are available as an all-inclusive camp package. Last year's Great Guitar Escape received rave reviews from all who attended.
- Blabbermouth reports Belgian power metallers FIREFORCE are preparing to enter The Prophecy & Music Factory studios in Germany to record their new album. Greek producer Roberto Dimitri Liapakis (MYSTIC PROPHECY, SUICIDAL ANGELS, DEVIL'S TRAIN, CRYSTAL TEARS) will helm the effort, which is tentatively due in early 2013. FIREFORCE was recently rejoined by guitarist Steve Deleu, who has previously toured with Blaze Bayley (IRON MAIDEN, WOLFSBANE) and Tim "The Ripper" Owens (JUDAS PRIEST, ICED EARTH, YNGWIE MALMSTEEN). FIREFORCE's latest album, "March On", was released in March 2011 via 7Hard. The CD artwork was designed by Eric Philippe, who has previously worked with RHAPSODY, RIOT, MOB RULES, TNT and many others. Formed in August 2008 by former DOUBLE DIAMOND members Flype and Erwin, FIREFORCE's lineup was completed by THB (drums; ex-DD), Joeri (guitars; ex-SELF INFLICTED) and Patrik (bass; ex-GRINNING GHOUL). In February 2009, the band entered the studio to record a four-song EP with producer Roberto Dimitri Liapakis. Joeri subsequently decided to leave FIREFORCE for family reasons and was replaced by Steve Deleu (ex-GWYLLION).
- Blabbermouth reports EDGUY frontman Tobias Sammet's AVANTASIA project has set "The Mystery Of Time" as the title of its new album, due in March. Immediately after the release of this new metal opera, based on a story written by Sammet, the band will embark on a full-fledged indoor tour, during which the band and special guests will bring the epic undertaking to the stage. Since the performances will embrace all the different eras and history of AVANTASIA, these shows will feature an extended playing time and the entire evening will be dedicated to AVANTASIA with no support acts. "The Mystery Of Time" will feature guest appearances by former KISS guitarist Bruce Kulick and drummer Russell Gilbrook of URIAH HEEP. Bruce previously appeared on AVANTASIA's "The Wicked Symphony" and "Angel Of Babylon" CDs and Tobias contributed guest vocals to Bruce's last solo release, "BK3". The new AVANTASIA CD is being recorded in part at VOX Klangstudio in Bendestorf, Germany with producer Sascha Paeth (KAMELOT, EDGUY, EPICA, RHAPSODY). Tobias originally wanted to put AVANTASIA to rest after the release of the "The Flying Opera - Around The World In 20 Days" concert DVD in April 2011, but he has since had a change of heart. He explains, "Even though I love to record and tour with EDGUY, I didn't foresee how much I need AVANTASIA when I decided to finish this chapter of my life in 2011. I didn't know if there would be another AVANTASIA album one day, but I didn‘t feel like doing it. After the worldwide success of the latest studio releases, an arena world tour that was sold out pretty much everywhere, collaborations with childhood heroes like Alice Cooper, Klaus Meine, Rudolf Schenker, Eric Singer of KISS, etc. I 'knew' that I had said everything I could possibly say in the name of AVANTASIA. But that's not what AVANTASIA is all about. I wanna create more great music, I wanna create more fantasy worlds, the bigger and the more epic, the better. And listening to the material that I have created for this forthcoming chapter in the history of AVANTASIA, I know there is no way I am not going to do it! I have got the feeling and the certainty that this is absolutely meant to happen and to be!"
- Blabbermouth reports legendary Italian heavy metal pioneers ASTAROTH will release their first-ever full-length album, "The End Of Silence", on December 21 via She Wolf Records. Produced by the band's bassist Saverio "Shining" Principini and engineered by Michael Tacci (METALLICA, WHITESNAKE) in Los Angeles, California, the CD marks the band's first new output since their 1985 cult classic "The Long Loud Silence" mini-LP, and reunites original members Principini, guitarist Max Cipicchia and drummer Jan D'Amore, with American-born newcomer Ace Alexander handling vocal duties in place of original frontman Bob Cattani. "This is the album we were supposed to make after 'The Long Loud Silence' but didn't get the chance to for a myriad of reasons", states Principini. "All of the songs we've recorded for 'The End of Silence' were originally written in the mid-'80s as we prepared for our second record. Luckily, we found a bunch of old murky live tapes which helped reignite our collective memories. Even though it's now a quarter century later and everything's changed so much, we feel that these recordings very much embody the original ASTAROTH spirit. This has been a total labor of love for all of us and we can't wait to share this with our old fans as well as hopefully make a few new ones along the way."
"The End of Silence" track listing:
01. My Sleeping Beauty
03. Nero's Fire
04. Apocalypse in the Living Room
05. The Siren Song
06. Dreams Die First
07. Stand or Fall Together
08. In Spite of Destiny
09. Mystic As Tarot
10. Chainless Slaves
Check out audio samples at AstarothRome.com.
Formed in Rome in the early 1980s, ASTAROTH quickly found themselves as leaders of the fledgling Italian metal scene as the group's NWOBHM-influenced brand of heavy metal and Roman centurion look and elaborate ancient Roman themed stage show caught the attention of underground metalheads in their home town and beyond. Appearing on bills with the likes of METALLICA, ANTHRAX, MOTÖRHEAD and MANOWAR as the band began to venture North of the Alps, ASTAROTH became one of the first Italian metal bands to score an international record deal, signing with legendary Dutch label Rave On Records, whose roster also included MERCYFUL FATE and SORTILÈGE, among others. Following an abbreviated European tour with CELTIC FROST in support of "The Long Loud Silence", and the demise of Rave On, the band pulled up stakes and made the move to Los Angeles, California in 1987. Recording a pair of demos and gigging frequently around Southern California, including shows at The Troubadour, The Roxy and the Waters Club, the quartet's decidedly European sound was in stark contrast to the Hollywood glam metal and sleaze rock scene of the day and found no label takers. The band split up a couple of years into their American adventure with various members moving on to other projects, most prominently Principini's long-standing involvement with Italian rock superstar Vasco Rossi.
- Blabbermouth reports French death metal maniacs NECROWRETCH have revealed the cover artwork of their upcoming debut album, "Putrid Death Sorcery". The painting, which was done by cover artist Milovan Novakovic (who also did the artwork for the band's previous releases), perfectly visualizes the musical aura of NECROWRETCH: rancid, filthy and dark death metal. "Putrid Death Sorcery" will be released on January 28 in Europe and February 5 in North America via Century Media Records. The CD was recorded in late August at Blackout Multimedia studios in Brussels, Belgium by Phorgath of ENTHRONED.
"Putrid Death Sorcery" track listing:
01. Ripping Souls Of Sinners
02. Purifying Torment
04. Putrid Death Sorcery
05. Impious Plague In Catacombs
06. Spewed From Hell
07. Defiler Of Sacrality
08. The Anthropomancer
09. Soiled Into A Crypt
- Blabbermouth reports after five long years of recording, mixing and mastering, Holland-based death metal band ENRAGED will release its new album, "It's Your Fear That Feeds Their Power", on December 12. According to a press release, "this sick, intense and extreme nine-track album features some excellent guest solos of James Murphy (OBITUARY, DEATH, TESTAMENT), Andy La Rocque (KING DIAMOND), Christofer Malmström (DARKANE), Jens Van der Valk (GOD DETHRONED, AUTUMN) and Jos Hindriks (of local heroes DISINTEGRATE). Jochem Jacobs (TEXTURES) did the mixing."
ENRAGED recording lineup:
Jitse Schregardus - Vocals
Jens Van der Valk - Lead Guitar
Tjaard Walstra - Rhythm Guitar, Bass
Douwe Talma - Drums, Vocals
For more information, visit www.enraged.nl.
- Blabbermouth reports New Jersey technical death metal outfit COGNITIVE has inked a deal with Torture Music Records. The band's new full-length album will be released in late 2013. Formed in 2011, COGNITIVE is, despite its young history as a band, already a household name in the underground death metal scene. Having played in 11 states and shared stages with the likes of MACABRE, CATTLE DECAPITATION, WAKING THE CADAVER and INTERNAL BLEEDING, as well as independently released its debut EP, "The Horrid Swarm", in July 2012, the band shows no signs of slowing down as of winter 2012. With its upcoming self-titled CD, COGNITIVE will pick up where they left off with "The Horrid Swarm" and deliver another release full of unmerciful technicality, pummeling grooves and vicious brutality.
- Blabbermouth reports underground acts THEUDHO and WAELCYRGE, both of whom hail from the Dutch-speaking part of Belgium, will release a seven-inch split EP with previously unreleased material in early 2013 through Aurora Australis Records. THEUDHO recently issued a promotional video for "Niðr ok Norðr", a track from their latest release, "When Ice Crowns the Earth", which was mastered by Dan Swanö (DARK FUNERAL, ASPHYX, DISSECTION). WAELCYRGE issued a new album called "Nithstang" earlier this year. The CD featured artwork by József Tari (VENOM, SEAR BLISS).
- Blabbermouth reports the SOULGRIND movie can be seen in two parts below. The "rocument" is described as a an hour-and-a-half journey into the life of the act during recordings of their ninth album, "The Tuoni Pathway", partying and friendship among the bandmembers. The footage for the film was shot between August 2009 and August 2010. According to the group, the movie "was supposed to be released by Femme Metal Germany" but it "never happened." SOULGRIND is the Finnish band featuring former LULLACRY frontwoman Tanja "Whisper Lilith" Kemppainen (a.k.a. Tanya). "The Tuoni Pathway" was released in May 2010 via U.K.'s Femme Metal Records. The CD features a guest appearance by Roope Latvala of CHILDREN OF BODOM.
SOULGRIND's 2010 lineup:
Azhemin (THY SERPENT) - Vocals
Ms W Lilith (ex-LULLACRY) - Vocals
Lord Heikkinen (TWILIGHT OPHERA, GLOOMY GRIM, FIERCE) – Guitar
Tapio Wilska (ex-FINNTROLL) - Bass
Agathon The Beast (GLOOMY GRIM) - Drums
TByte (TWILIGHT OPHERA) – Guitar
- Loudwire posts a review of High On Fire in Brooklyn
- Loudwire reports Theory of a Deadman’s Tyler Connolly takes his "You Don’t Know Me" video series to Los Angeles
- Loudwire posts a Metallica Christmas light show powered by "Creeping Death," "Battery," "One" and more. See more at Noisecreep
- Loudwire posts a review of Shiprocked day 4 with Korn, Sevendust and more
- Loudwire reports Queens of the Stone Age’s Josh Homme discusses "Deeper, Richer, Stranger" new album
- Classic Rock posts get a free 18-track sampler from Dine Alone Records
- Noisecreep posts Black Veil Brides singer Andy Biersack on concept albums, his fans and politics
- Noisecreep reports Asking Alexandria's Danny Worsnop moonlights as a concert photographer
- Spinner reports video game music: 10 best game soundtracks from Grand Theft Auto to Zelda
- Rolling Stone posts a flashback of Rolling Stones and Stevie Wonder mash up "Satisfaction' and 'Uptight"
- Blabbermouth posts new "Aeons Black" studio footage from Aeon
- Blabbermouth posts interviews with Steven Adler on his new band, Randy Rhoads's mother, Wendy Dio on Stryper's "Heaven & Hell" cover, Black Veil Brides frontman, Don Dokken, Nonpoint, I Am I, Threshold keyboardist on singer change and new album, As I Lay Dying, Kobra And The Lotus, Turbonegro, Threat Signal singer on his collaboration with T.A.N.K., Sabaton bassist, Psycroptic and drummer Mike Terrana
- Blabbermouth posts performance footage of Tesla's Frank Hannon jaming with Rick Derringer and Nekrofeist covering "Breathing New Life" from Damageplan
Return to previous page
Send to a friend
MTV's Daily Video
Metal Blade Re..