- Blabbermouth reports Roadrunner Records recently conducted an interview with vocalist Jesse Leach of Massachusetts metallers KILLSWITCH ENGAGE. An excerpt from the chat follows below. Roadrunner Records: The new album is basically finished. What was your personal creative process when you were writing? Jesse: Oh, man, it was intense. I had a loose idea of what I wanted to do with the direction of the lyrics, and the good thing is we had started the record before touring. I didn't feel satisfied, I felt a lot of pressure to get so much done in such a short amount of time, and my mindset was like, "Well, I can write this record now, and try to get it done before we tour, or we can go out on the road, and I can live with these guys and get back into the feel of things, and have sort of a better perspective on my role in the band." For me, it felt better to get back out there on the road and live, and that helped the record out a lot. 'Cause just seeing how these guys interact with the fans, hearing the stories from the road, catching me up to speed over nine years of stuff that's been going on…and reflecting on my own personal life, and thinking, wow, it's been a decade since I've been in this band. My life has changed so much. So I think that was the trigger for me, was reflecting on the past, reflecting on their past, and kinda tying it all together. And it's kind of a concept record in a way. It's really about suffering in life, and perseverance. Roadrunner Records: When you were writing, how did you avoid the mental pressure of being too influenced by your own past, or the band's history? Jesse: I think a lot of inspiration came from the music itself. I would listen to the instrumental tracks over and over again, and free write. I wouldn't think about writing a specific part, but just the feeling the music gave me, the notes, the general feeling you get from the music, and I would free write for hours, pages and pages of stuff, then go back and sort of do it again but try to organize those thoughts. A lot of the writing came from the music itself. And then outside of that, I would take long bike rides, cause I'm really into biking these days to stay in shape, just 20-, 30-mile bike rides, and when I'd get an idea I'd stop and speak into my phone, record stuff, whistle things…so basically just living it. Everything I did, I found a way to make it work for me as a writer. Just constantly writing, finding inspiration from different things. Read the entire interview from Roadrunner Records.
- Blabbermouth reports German industrial metallers RAMMSTEIN have set a January 15, 2013 release date for "Videos 1995-2012" on standard DVD and Blu-ray. The collection includes the legendary band's complete music video catalog along with two new videos for the song "Mein Herz Brennt". The set contains over seven hours of material featuring 25 music videos, 24 behind-the-scenes clips of the making-of-the-videos and a 56-page booklet. Available on three DVDs or two Blu-rays, the collection will be released through the band's marketing and distrubiton deal with Density Records in the U.S. "Mein Herz Brennt", from the band's 2001 release, "Mutter", will see new versions of the song released on December 11, 2012 as a six-track digital single with booklet — available exlusively through iTunes. The single package also inludes the previously unreleased track "Gib Mir Deine Augen". Fans can also purchase the two new videos via iTunes — one on December 11 and the other on December 18. RAMMSTEIN released "Made In Germany", their greatest hits album, last December and the Berlin-based six-piece have been performing extensively around the world. RAMMSTEIN keep up the pace in 2013 with several European festivals already confirmed. Read more at Loudwire
- Blabbermouth reports a special event for the late METALLICA bassist Cliff Burton, a.k.a. The Major Rager On The Four-String Motherfucker, will be held on Sunday, February 10, 2013 — on what would have been Cliff's 51st birthday — at the Brick & Mortar Music Hall in San Francisco, California. For the first time in decades, Burton's pre-METALLICA band TRAUMA is actually going to perform never-heard-before songs written by Cliff himself. Also scheduled to appear are HELLFIRE and DAMAGE INC.
TRAUMA's music was comparable to that of IRON MAIDEN and MONTROSE with faster tempos, which can be heard in the tracks "The Day All Hell Broke Loose" and "Lay Low" from their debut album. TRAUMA drummer Kris Gustofson went on to play in numerous other bands, most notably ST. ELMO'S FIRE. TRAUMA guitarist Michael Overton was interviewed for the 2009 book "To Live Is To Die: The Life And Death Of Metallica's Cliff Burton", written by U.K.-based author Joel McIver and published by Jawbone Press. Burton, best known as a heavy metal bass player who made use of distortion and special effects, was killed in an accident on September 27, 1986 at the age of 24, four years after joining METALLICA. It was Burton's early influence that helped create METALLICA's unique musical style for which the band has become famous.
- Blabbermouth reports ALICE COOPER guitarist/collaborator Dick Wagner will make a guest appearance on the sophomore album from Danish rock singer Maryann Cotton (born Jackie Patino), the son of KING DIAMOND bassist Hal Patino. Maryann (pictured below), who calls Wagner "one of my biggest heroes and inspirations ever," is currently working on material for the follow-up to this year's "Free Falling Angels", which will feature contributions from his father. Maryann says, "The last album, 'Free Falling Angels', was a very classic rock-inspired album, and the idea is to go darker one the next one, and show a more darker side of the character. We expect to be ready in February next year, to go in the studio and start the recordings for the album." Maryann Cotton debuted his new band on September 14 at Amager Bio in Copenhagen, Denmark. The group's lineup for the show consisted of the following musicians:
* Maryann Cotton - Vocals
* Hal Patino - Bass
* Sebastian Sly - Guitar
* Soren Berlev - Drums
* Ronni Clasen - Piano/Keyboards
"Free Falling Angels" was released on June 15 via Pure Steel Records. The CD featured guest appearances by four musicians who performed on KING DIAMOND's 1990 album, "The Eye" — Hal Patino, guitarists Andy La Rocque and Pete Blakk, and drummer Snowy Shaw. Maryann Cotton's career was launched in 2006 when he performed live on Danish TV as part of the "Scenen Er Din" program (Danish version of "Star Search").
- Blabbermouth reports I AM I, the new band led by former DRAGONFORCE singer ZP Theart, will release a cover version of John Farnham's classic '80s track "You're The Voice" on December 10 on digital format, distributed worldwide by Plastichead and available from all the usual digital outlets. I AM I's rocking, feel-good rendition had been received exceptionally well on the band's recent tour with everyone singing along with the memorable chorus of this great track, leading them to decide to put it out as an end-of-year single. ZP also felt that the lyrical content of the track was especially relevant in this current era, mirroring what's actually happening with the us all right now and making the timing for the single release perfect. Written by Andy Qunta, Keith Reid, Maggie Ryder and Chris Thompson, "You're The Voice" was originally released by Australian singer John Farnham in 1986 and was a smash hit, reaching the Top 10 in most European countries. I AM I will release its debut album, "Event Horizon", digitally worldwide on December 10. The CD was previously released exclusively throughout Europe, but due to the increasing demand for the LP throughout the U.S., Americas, Australia and other territories, the decision was made to go ahead and release it digitally worldwide. It will be available to download from that date from all usual digital outlets — iTunes, Play.com, Spotify, eMusic, Amazon, Pandora, etc. Written and produced by Theart and Jacob Ziemba and mixed and mastered by Roland Grapow (HELLOWEEN, MASTERPLAN), "Event Horizon" is described in a press release as "an absolutely blistering slice of heavy rock liberally infused with Theart's passion, energy and soaring vocals." I AM I recently announced the addition of drummer Phil Martini (DOWN 'N' OUTZ, TOKYO DRAGONS, THE QUIREBOYS) to the group's ranks. A new I AM I EP is tentatively due early next year.
- Blabbermouth reports English rockers GLAMOUR OF THE KILL are "about halfway through" recording their new album for an early 2013 release via eOne Music. According to a posting on the band's Facebook page, "It's sounding fucking huge already. Y'all are in for a treat." GLAMOUR OF THE KILL has been generating buzz ever since its debut EP, "Through The Dark They March", came out in 2007. The success of the EP led to tours with BULLET FOR MY VALENTINE, DRAGONFORCE, AVENGED SEVENFOLD and most notably a performance on the main stage of Download festival in 2008. A full-length studio album called "The Summoning" followed in 2011. GLAMOUR OF THE KILL is: Davey Richmond (lead vocals, bass), Chris Gomerson (guitar, backing vocals), Mike Kingswood (lead guitar, backing vocals) and Ben Thomson (drums, backing vocals).
- Blabbermouth reports earMUSIC has set a February 22, 2013 release date for "Nemesis", the new studio album by Finnish/Swedish melodic metallers STRATOVARIUS. The CD will be made available as a standard 11-track edition as well as 13 track special edition. A taste of the new studio album can be enjoyed with the limited-edition EP "Unbreakable", released on January 25, 2013. STRATOVARIUS are hailed as one of the most influential and successful symphonic metal bands in the world and they have managed to establish themselves as one of the metal scene's heavy names. The new album, "Nemesis", unites all the best traits of the band's melodic, powerful, fresh and technically elaborated metal, all spiced up with an incredible sense for melody. The album was produced and mixed by Matias Kupiainen and mastered by Mika Jussila from Finnvox studios, who has a long history with the band. "Unbreakable" features five songs: the title track and a selection of four songs from previous albums, remastered by Mika Jussila. Songs like "Falling Star" (taken from "Polaris") and "Freedom" (taken from "Infinite") show a different, catchy side of STRATOVARIUS and guide the way to the new masterpiece, "Nemesis". Commented guitarist Matias Kupiainen: "'Unbreakable' is a very important song to me and the lyrics have a lot of personal meaning. Sometimes you can snap out of your day to day fog and see what is important. And when you are in that special moment, when you have that special feeling, you are invincible, unbreakable; you should really stop and enjoy the feeling. Even, if the whole world falls apart tomorrow." Added singer Timo Kotipelto: "This album has a darker and more modern sound. We, as a band, have gone through a lot and we have matured as songwriters. The making of this album was easier than before, because we could give it as much time as needed."
"Unbreakable" track listing:
01. Unbreakable (taken from the brand new studio album "Nemesis")
02. Falling Star (taken from "Polaris")
03. The Game Never Ends (taken from "Elysium")
04. Freedom (taken from "Infinite")
05. Why Are We Here (taken from "Intermission")
Songs 2-5 remastered by Mika Jussila in 2012
The band will perform the new songs live for the very first time headlining the Radio Rock Cruise in Finland from February 9 to February 10, followed by their first club show in Helsinki on March 3, 2013. On March 20, 2013 STRATOVARIUS will kick off for their Nordic Nexus Of Nemesis Tour 2013 with fellow Scandinavians AMARANTHE, before they return to Finland mid-April to play five more shows. STRATOVARIUS in June announced the addition of drummer Rolf Pilveto the group's ranks.
- Blabbermouth reports International grindcore "supergroup" LOCK UP — featuring Tomas Lindberg (AT THE GATES, DISFEAR), Anton Reisenegger (PENTAGRAM, CRIMINAL), Shane Embury (NAPALM DEATH, BRUJERIA, VENOMOUS CONCEPT) and Nick Barker (CRADLE OF FILTH, DIMMU BORGIR) — will embark on a brief European club tour in Febuary 2013 in support of their latest album, "Necropolis Transparent", out now on Nuclear Blast records. The trek, dubbed "Infiltrate And Destroy Europe 2013", will see LOCK UP — which is primarily an open-air-festival band and an act not really known for participating in the usual touring cycles due to the individual bandmembers' main commitments and busy full-time schedules —play 10 up-close-and-personal club shows in such territories as U.K., France, Germany, Switzerland, Czech Republic, Austria and Belgium. Commented Barker: "We're really excited and looking forward to blasting our way across Europe in Febuary 2013. LOCK UP on the whole don't really get to do club tours very often, so this is a great opportunity for us do what we do, get up close and in your face with the fans in a more intimate setting as opposed to playing the bigger open-air-festival stages we're accustomed to. Don't get me wrong — we love playing the big festivals, but with the brutal and savage nature of our music, it's very well suited in a club enviroment and we feel both the band and fans vibe on that a lot more."
The dates are as follows:
Feb. 08 - The Borderline - London, UK
Feb. 09 - Nouveau Casino - Paris, France
Feb. 11 - Hirscheneck - Basel, Switzerland
Feb. 12 - Hansa 39 - Munich, Germany
Feb. 13 - Viper Room - Wien, Austria
Feb. 14 - Hoodoo Music Club - Praha, Czech Republic
Feb. 15 - Underground - Köln, Germany
Feb. 16 - Festsaal Kreuzberg - Berlin, Germany
Feb. 17 - Le Magasin 4 - Brussels, Belgium
"Necropolis Transparent" was released in North America in July 2011 via Nuclear Blast Records. The CD was recorded in November-December 2010 at HVR Studios in Ipswich, United Kingdom and was mixed in January 2011. "Necropolis Transparent" features guest appearances by HYPOCRISY/PAIN mainman (and one-time LOCK UP vocalist) Peter Tägtgren along with Jeff Walker (CARCASS, BRUJERIA). Originally formed by Shane Embury (NAPALM DEATH, VENOMOUS CONCEPT), Nick Barker (ex-CRADLE OF FILTH, DIMMU BORGIR) and Jesse Pintado (NAPALM DEATH, TERRORIZER) to blast out the most caustic, skin-flaying brand of deathgrind, LOCK UP was joined by the raw throat of Peter Tägtgren (HYPOCRISY) for its debut album, 1999's fearsome "Pleasure Pave Sewers", and Tomas Lindberg (AT THE GATES, DISFEAR) for 2002's "Hate Breeds Suffering", touring Japan and then falling into inactivity. Now joined by guitarist Anton Reisenegger (Chile's PENTAGRAM, CRIMINAL) in place of the late Jesse Pintado, LOCK UP is back in the most uncompromising style possible. Professionally filmed video footage of LOCK UP's entire performance at this year's edition of the Hellfest festival, which was held June 15-17 in Clisson, France, can be seen below.
- Blabbermouth reports Norway's TRAIL OF TEARS has inked a deal with Germany's Massacre Records. The band's seventh full-length album, "Oscillation", will be released on March 22, 2013. The CD was recorded earlier in the year at Sound Suite Studio in Marseille, France with producer Terje Refsnes. Comments TRAIL OF TEARS' Ronny Thorsen: "After a recording process full of challenges, we are very happy to announce the signing to Massacre Records for our seventh album, 'Oscillation'. Massacre has a long history and a strong reputation and has shown interest and support towards the band for a long time. We look forward to detonate 'Oscillation' upon you all through the channels of Massacre!" The "Oscillation" cover art was created by Finnish artist Jan Yrlund and can be seen below. Fan-filmed video footage of Norway's TRAIL OF TEARS performing a brand new song, "Eradicate", at this year's edition of the Metal Female Voices Fest, which was held on October 19-21 at the Oktoberhallen in Wieze, Belgium. Commented the band: "Cathrine [Paulsen] came through the extreme schedule with flying colours, putting the finishing vocals on the end result and delivered a performance for the history books! "We believe that we have created something extraordinary and can't wait to share it with you all. Never before has a recording process involved so much blood, sweat and tears!" TRAIL OF TEARS in March announced the addition of drummer Bjørn to the group's ranks. The band's longtime drummer Cato Jensen left the band in January in order to focus on other priorities. TRAIL OF TEARS in 2010 parted ways with guitarist Pål Olsen and opted to carry on as a five-piece. TRAIL OF TEARS's sixth album, "Bloodstained Endurance", was recorded and mixed over a six-week period at Sound Suite Studio in Marseille, France with producer Terje Refsnes. In 2007, TRAIL OF TEARS was rejoined by vocalist Cathrine Paulsen, who sang on the group's 2002 album, "A New Dimension of Might".
"Eradicate" (new song) performance:
- Blabbermouth reports Multinational metallers POWERWOLF have completed "most of the songwriting" for their next album, which they plan to begin recording in early January for a summer release via Napalm Records. According to the band, "There will be fast stuff, heavy stuff and epic stuff as well as some unholy little surprises — and all of that in the most typical, powerwolfish way you can imagine. [We] can't wait to bring these songs to life." POWERWOLF's first live album, "Alive In The Night", was recorded exclusively for Metal Hammer, Germany's leading metal magazine. The CD was only available with the April 2012 issue of Metal Hammer. POWERWOLFs' "We Drink Your Blood" video can be seen below (courtesy of Metal Hammer magazine). The clip was filmed in an ancient monastery church. "We Drink Your Blood" comes off POWERWOLF's fourth album, "Blood Of The Saints", which was released in August 2011 via Metal Blade Records. The CD was made available as a regular CD, a limited-edition digibook 2-CD and on vinyl. The cover art was created by POWERWOLF guitarist Matthew Greywolf.
- Blabbermouth reports New Jersey metallers ATTACKER have completed mixing their new album, "Giants Of Canaan", for a February 2013 release. The CD will feature recently recruited singer Bobby "Leatherlungs" Lucas (SEVEN WITCHES, OVERLORDE, MORBID SIN) and bassist Jon Hanemann, who replaced Lou Ciarlo in April. Giants Of Canaan" was recorded at Katalomi Studios in Jersey City, New Jersey and engineered and mixed by Pat "Taps' Guden and drummer Michael Sabatini. The CD will be mastered next week by Alan Douches at West West Side Music (SEPULTURA, SUFFOCATION, UNEARTH) in New Windsor, New York. A label announcement will follow shortly thereafter in December.
Tracks to appear on the forthcoming ATTACKER album:
01. Giants Of Canaan
02. Trapped In Black
03. The Hammer
04. Born Into Battle
05. Black Winds Rising
06. Steel Vengeance
07. Curse The Light
08. Sands Of Time
09. Washed In Blood
10. Chronicle 1 (The Reformation)
A rough-mix version of the song "Curse The Light" can be streamed below. Lucas in April laid down his vocals on the track "Steel Vengeance" (formerly "Condemned"). The song, which has never appeared on an ATTACKER album, was previously released as an extremely limited-quantity single for the band's 2008 Keep It True X festival appearance.
- Blabbermouth reports Brazilian all-female thrash metal band NERVOSA has parted ways with drummer Fernanda Terra due to personal and musical differences and has replaced her with Jully Lee. NERVOSA will enter the studio in January to record its debut album for a May 2013 release via Napalm Records. According to a press release, NERVOSA's music "has strong influences from classic old-school thrash metal bands, such as SLAYER, SEPULTURA and EXODUS, perfectly mixed with original and characteristic features inserted in the songs by each of the bandmembers." NERVOSA's first video, "Masked Betrayer", can be seen below.
Fernanda Lira (ex-HELLARISE) - Bass, Vocals
Prika Amaral (ex-LAMA NEGRA) - Guitar, Backing Vocals
Jully Lee - Drums
- Blabbermouth reports DUSKMACHINE, the band featuring PRIMAL FEAR/ex-ANNIHILATOR drummer Randy Black, ex-ANNIHILATOR bassist Russ Bergquist, guitarist Nikolai Wurk and vocalist Joe Comeau (ex-OVERKILL guitarist and former singer for such bands as ANNIHILATOR, TAD MOROSE and LIEGE LORD), has inked a deal with Massacre Records. The group's sophomore album will be released in early 2013. Songtitles set to appear on the CD include "I Feel No Pain", "Endless" and "Hands Of Fate". DUSKMACHINE's debut album, "The Final Fall", came out in November 2005 through Twilight in Germany.
- Blabbermouth reports Danish extreme metallers ILLDISPOSED have parted ways with bassist Jonas "Kloge" Mikkelsen and have replaced him with Kussen. The band states, "That's Danish for 'The Cunt.' Unfortunately, Jonas couldn't find the time to keep up with our activities anymore." ILLDISPOSED's new album, "Sense The Darkness", entered the official chart in Denmark at position No. 78. Released on September 21 via Massacre Records, the CD was recorded at Antfarm Studio in Aabyhøj, Denmark with producer Tue Madsen (MOONSPELL, DARK TRANQUILLITY, GOREFEST, SICK OF IT ALL). The artwork was created by Mircea Gabriel Eftemie (MNEMIC). he "Sense The Darkness" title track is available for streaming below.
- Blabbermouth reports NoiseArt Records and Rock The Nation booking agenecy have announced the signing of the Oslo, Norway-based black metal quintet SVARTTJERN. The band is currently working on a new album for an early 2013 release. SVARTTJERN's aptly titled debut, "Misanthropic Path Of Madness", was released in 2009 and a follow-up effort, "Towards The Ultimate", came out in 2011. Both albums offer the finest material for fans of traditional tunes à la EMPEROR, IMMORTAL and CARPATHIAN FOREST. Commented the band: "The dawn of the Snake is near, and so is an new era of SVARTTJERN, as future releases will be trough NoiseArt Records. Our next full-length is in the final phase of recording, and is due to release first half of 2013 — Year of the Snake. Gather the sinners! Alongside we have also joined forces with Rock The Nation, which will take care of booking and management in the future." Added NoiseArt: “We are proud to welcome the band SVARTTJERN in our roster and we expect a lot from this aiming high band! The SVARTTJERN release will definitively become a black metal highlight in 2013."
HansFyrste - Vocals
HaaN - Guitar
Fjellnord - Guitar
GrimmDun - Drums
Sgt. V - Bass
SVARTTJERN is comfirmed for the Extremefest 2013, which will take place May 23-25 in Hünxe, Germany.
- Blabbermouth reports "Beyond Life And Cosmic Kinetics" (B.L.A.C.K.) is the first song released by Ron Jarzombek (BLOTTED SCIENCE, SPASTIC INK, WATCHTOWER) as an interactive six-track multitracking app. The app features a volume control for each track, and on each track is a push button switch that alternates between two parts/instruments that are playing simultaneously. The user has the ability to mix and match all recorded parts. Jarzombek states: "Many thanks to the fans who picked up 'Beyond Life And Cosmic Kinetics' at the iTunes App Store. Due to the positive response and reaction of 'BLACK', I think I'm going to keep working with apps and see what happens next, although I doubt you'll see a 'Squeakie' stuffed animal next to the Angry Birds at Wal-Mart. Putting this 'song' together as an app has been rather tedious work, yet has been VERY rewarding for me. "Although 'BLACK' was written and recorded to be experienced as an interactive app, I soon realized after its release that too many fans do not have an iPhone or iPad, and I've been getting bombarded with requests for an Android version. I did finally find a Java programmer, but it will be a matter of weeks (possibly months) before 'BLACK' will be available on an Android near you. "I've decided to officially release four different 'mixes-and-matches' of 'BLACK' (appropriately on BLACK Friday!). And yes, I realize that just listening to a mix isn't nearly as cool as direct interaction, but until the Android version is built, we'll just have to go with my choices for what parts to listen to. I spent two full days charting out, mixing and matching various track combinations on the app, so hopefully what I put together will hold you over." The "BLACK" subtitled mixes "Eye", "Cat", "Widow" and "Tar" are now available via RonJarzombek.com.
- Blabbermouth reports French metallers MYSTERY BLUE will release their seventh album, "Conquer The World", on December 21 via Road Show Productions. The CD was recorded, mixed and mastered by Uwe Lulis (GRAVE DIGGER, REBELLION) at Black Solaris Studios in Frankfurt, Germany. The artwork and booklet were created by Jobert Mello of Sledgehammer Graphix (SABATON, PRIMAL FEAR, THUNDERBOLT, BENEDICTUM). Andreas Babuschkin of PARAGON contributed special guest vocals to the song "Running With The Pack". A rough studio version of "Running With The Pack" can be streamed below.
"Conquer The World" track listing:
01. Conquer The World
02. Innocent Crime
03. Running With The Pack
04. Evil Spell
05. Cruel Obession
06. Ticket To Hell
07. Keep On Dreaming
08. Road Of Despair
09. Behind Those Walls
10. Guardian Angel
11. Accroche-Toi À Tes Reves (bonus track)
MYSTERY BLUE's current lineup includes female singer Nathalie Geyer, guitarist Frenzy Philippon, bassist Matt Gabnai and drummer Vince Koehler.
- Blabbermouth reports Swedish thrashers MASSDISTRACTION have inked with Mighty Music. The band's debut album, "Follow The Rats", will be released on January 28, 2013. The critically acclaimed CD was issued in Sweden in August and will now be made available in the rest of Europe. MASSDISTRACTION was founded by the end of 2007 by guitarist Jon Hjalmarsson and his brother Per. The underwent a number of lineup changes before arriving at the current formation, consisting of guitarists Jon Hjalmarsson and Ali Nassadjpoor, drummer David Larsson, bassist Kalle Möllerström and vocalist Mikkjal G. Hansen. Known as an energetic live act that tears the stage apart, MASSDISTRACTION has opened for such bands as HATESPHERE, MNEMIC and RAISED FIST. They were named the best unsigned metal band in southern Sweden 2011 in the competition "Released Live And Unsigned" by a jury consisting of people from Sweden Rock Festival, Jägermeister and Warner Music. Without even having a record deal at the time, the band entered the studio in the fall of 2011 to record "Follow The Rats", with Hjalmarsson acting as producer, engineer and mixer. The CD was recorded and mixed over a six-month period and was mastered byDragan Tanaskovic (IN FLAMES, MUSTASCH) at Bohus Sound in Kungälv, Sweden.
"Follow The Rats" track listing:
02. See No Evil
03. Something Violent
04. Follow The Rats
05. Sudden Deaf
06. Walking The Earth
09. New Dominion
10. Master Manipulator
- Blabbermouth reports Maldives-based death/black metallers NOTHNEGAL have entered Vakaruge Studio in Malé to begin recording their as-yet-untitled second album. The follow-up to 2012's "Decadence" is being produced by Matt Hyde (SLIPKNOT, MACHINE HEAD, AS I LAY DYING), with vocal production by Paul Reeve, who co-produced five tracks on MUSE's acclaimed debut album, "Showbiz". Additional production/engineering will be handled by longtime NOTHNEGAL producer Mohamed Shamheed. NOTHNEGAL's longtime guitarist Fufu will not be part of the recording of the new CD, but remains a member of the band. Chippe (SERENITY DIES) will be filling in for Fufu on the album, which will mark the first NOTHNEGAL recording since vocalist Affan joined the band as an official member (Affan made a guest appearance on NOTHNEGAL's last album, "Decadence"). Commented NOTHNEGAL guitarist Hilarl: "Its been almost a year since the release of our debut album, 'Decadence', and we have already come up with enough demos for a new album. "We have toured South Asia, South Asia and the middle East since the release of 'Decadence', [and] whenever we meet somebody who knows that we are from the Maldives and when we go through the reviews, we get the same question about why we sound like a European or American band and nothing like a band thats coming from these islands. "The new music will be different and [will] feature ambient sounds and exotic instruments from the Maldives. We [will] also be doing a couple of songs entirely in our native language, 'Dhivehi.' The songs [will] be heavier but far from our previous death metal sound." "We will be launching a studio diary and update it by posting videos/photos of the recording sessions. We [will] also be travelling to different islands of the Maldives to capture the sounds and the exotic instruments we plan on using in our music." "Decadence" was released in January 2012 via Season Of Mist. The CD's recording lineup included Marco Sneck (KALMAH, POISONBLACK) on keyboards/samples and Kevin Talley (DAATH, CHIMAIRA, MISERY INDEX, DYING FETUS) on drums.
- Blabbermouth reports Finnish extreme metallers IMPALED NAZARENE recently teamed up with the Vakka-Suomen Panimo brewery in Uusikaupunki, Finland to produce the Goat Brew beer. According to the band, the beer is only available in Finland "due to well-understood bureaucracy factors and legal terms." In other news, IMPALED NAZARENE's new DVD, "1990-2012", has entered the "Music DVD" chart in Finland at position No. 1. The two-disc set contains professionally filmed video footage of two separate concerts filmed nearly two years apart.
Disk I: 20th-anniversary show at Henry's Pub, Kuopio, Finland on November 20, 2010
02. Condemned To Hell
03. The Crucified
04. Disgust Suite O:P I
05. Disgust Suite O:P II
06. Let's Fucking Die
07. Penis Et Circes
09. Quasb/The Burning
11. I Al Purg Vonpo
12. My Blessing (The Beginning Of The End)
13. In The Name Of Satan
14. Impure Orgies
15. Noisrevrep Taog
17. Enlightenment Process
18. Kuolema Kaikille (Paitsi Meille)
19. Zero Tolerance
22. Hardboiled And Still Hellbound
23. For Those Who Have Fallen
24. I Am The Killer Of Trolls
26. Original Pig Rig
27. 66.6 S Of Foreplay
28. 1999: Karmageddon Warriors
29. Blood Is Thicker Than Water
30. Under Attack
31. We're Satan's Generation
32. The Horny And The Horned
33. Intro SFP
34. Vitutuksen Multihuipennus
35. Armageddon Death Squad
37. Soul Rape
38. Sadhu Satana
39. Total War - Winter War
Disk II: Live at Steelfest, Hyvinkää, Finland on May 18, 2012
01. Intro SFP
02. The Horny And The Horned
03. Gott Ist Tot
04. Enlightenment Process
05. Weapons To Tame A Land
07. Quasb/The Burning
08. Nyrkillä Tapettava Huora
10. Noisrevrep Taog
11. Convulsing Uncontrollably
12. Armageddon Death Squad
13. The Day Of Reckoning
14. Lost Art Of The Goat Sacrificing
15. Tentacles Of The Octagon
16. Funeral For Despicable Pigs
18. Total War - Winter War
IMPALED NAZARENE's eleventh full-length album, "Road To The Octagon", was released in November 2010 via Osmose Productions. The CD was recorded at Hellhole studio in Helsinki with the band's soundman Tero Kostermaa and was mastered by Mika Jussila. The artwork for the album was created by Darkgrove Design and can be viewed below.
- Loudwire posts the top 20 songs for Nov 18th - 24th
- Loudwire reports Iron Maiden to headline Graspop Metal Meeting 2013 in Belgium
- Noisecreep posts Where Are They Now? Jonah Jenkins of Only Living Witness
- Spinner reports Pussy Riot member moved to solitary prison cell for her safety. Read more at Rolling Stone
- Spinner posts the music video for "Keep It Togehther" by How To Destroy Angels Read more at Loudwire
- Rolling Stone reports The Animals' Eric Burdon on his fast and furious new EP with the Greenhornes