A fistful of rock releases arrive Tuesday (November 20th), led by Kid Rock's latest effort, Rebel Soul. Following up his 2010 album, Born Free, Rock told us that he wanted to shift gears on the new disc: "You know, after coming off Born Free, which was a very poignant record, this one I kind of wanted to go back to making Kid Rock records the way I'd done it for so many years, and try to focus on making kind of a greatest hits feeling record with all new songs."
- The first single from Rebel Soul is "Let's Ride."
- Rock, who has been one of the last holdouts against putting his music on iTunes, has made Rebel Soul available via the digital retailer -- with the rest of his catalog to show up there sometime in early 2013.
- Rock and his band will perform a new song called "Detroit, Michigan" during the halftime show at the Detroit Lions' 73rd Thanksgiving Day Classic against the Houston Texans in Rock's hometown this Thursday (November 22nd).
Meanwhile, Rock's fellow iTunes holdouts AC/DC have also reached a deal with the online store and the legendary band's entire discography is now available, including the new concert album Live At River Plate, which is also out Tuesday. Every studio, live and compilation album, soundtrack contribution and box set from the Australian rockers can now be purchased in digital form. Fans can also purchase The Complete Collection, the complete iTunes-exclusive AC/DC catalog, or The Collection, which includes all 16 studio albums.
- Live At River Plate was recorded in 2009 during a three-night stand at Buenos Aires, Argentina's River Plate Stadium in the midst of the Black Ice world tour.
- The album is out physically as a two-CD set and a three-disc red vinyl package
Also out Tuesday is Coldplay's Live 2012, which arrives on Blu-ray/CD, CD/DVD and digitally. Live 2012 documents the British quartet's tour in support of its fifth album, Mylo Xyloto, and includes footage from Coldplay shows in Paris, Montreal and at the U.K.'s Glastonbury Festival.
- Coldplay will return to the U.S. next month to close out 2012 with three shows: the first will be at the Mohegan Sun Arena in Uncasville, Connecticut on December 29th, while the other two will take place at the newly opened Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York on December 30th and 31st.
- The show on New Year's Eve will be a co-headlining event with rapper Jay-Z. The three dates mark Coldplay's only remaining U.S. shows for 2012.
Finally, 3 Doors Down has issued a best-of collection titled Greatest Hits, featuring nine of the group's all-time biggest tracks along with three new tunes called "One Light," "There's A Life" and "Goodbyes." The first of the new songs, "One Light," made its debut in late August at the Republican National Convention, where the band performed on the main convention stage.
- 3 Doors Down's latest all-new album was 2011's Time Of My Life.
- The group parted ways earlier this year with founding guitarist Matt Roberts.
- 3 Doors Down has just launched a tour with Daughtry that pulls into San Antonio on Tuesday.
WHAT DO YOU THINK??
- Are you going to buy any or all of these records or DVDs this week?
- Are you happy that Kid Rock and AC/DC have made their music available on iTunes at last?
CHECK IT OUT: Watch Kid Rock's new video for "Cucci Galore" (explicit language warning):
INTERNET COMMENTS at KidRock.com -- agree or not?
STM87 wrote: "I have always been a huge Kid Rock fan. But I have to admit that this song really sucks. Not one of his best songs. I absolutely hate it. Come on Kid, you are better than this. Dont know if I will be buying this one."
StormieWonder wrote: "Exactly what Ive been waiting for....just good ole rock n roll!!! Can not wait for the Detroit Party...Hot Damn!!!"
KSB wrote: "Not the greatest, but okay. Like Lets Ride much better. Still love Kid Rock!"
TeenaBordelonCampo wrote: "It was awesome! It made my day and made me want get up and dance (out of my bed). I love all of your stuff over the years, but this is the typical Bobby I just love. Party on for all of us 9 to 5ers and housewives!"
Kid Rock On His Goal For 'Rebel Soul'