Staind singer Aaron Lewis's first full-length country album, The Road, came out this past Tuesday (November 13th) and is on track to sell between 18,000 and 21,000 copies in its first week of release, according to sales figures compiled by Hits Daily Double. The Road follows up Lewis' 2011 debut solo EP, Town Line, which entered the Billboard Country Albums chart at Number One and featured the hit single "Country Boy."
- Lewis plans to tour behind The Road through the end of this year, with solo dates also booked well into March 2013.
- As for Staind, Lewis recently said that the 18-year-old band will go on hiatus for the foreseeable future, but reiterated to us that they are not breaking up: "I think we just kind of need a little break. This is a very tough business to keep grinding on and keep going. In no way, shape or form am I saying that the band is breaking up or that we're not gonna make any records anymore, or anything like that. I'm just saying that we're gonna take a little break and recharge the batteries. I'm gonna focus on my solo stuff for a while, and then I'm sure that there's another Staind record in the future."
- Staind finished out the touring cycle behind its self-titled seventh album with a slot alongside Godsmack, Shinedown and others on this past summer's Rockstar Energy Uproar Festival tour.
- Staind's seventh studio album was also the group's last on its contract with Atlantic Records, leaving them as free agents.
CHECK IT OUT: Watch the official music video for Aaron Lewis' solo track "Forever":
WHAT DO YOU THINK??
- Does it sound to you like Lewis really wants to work with Staind again?
- Do you think if his country career takes off, he'll stick with that?
- On the other hand, if his new solo album stalls, do you think we'll see a new Staind record sooner rather than later?
INTERNET COMMENTS at Blabbermouth -- agree or not?
YodaAct666 wrote: "Hear this? The sound of nobody caring."
IStoleYourUsernameAgain wrote: "Good Riddance!! Go take your crappy, whiny ass over to the country side. I hope Tim McGraw beats your ass!!"
My Secret Circus wrote: "Who knew? 20,000 immediate family members in the one country...good for him."
JJJB wrote: "I really loved the EP and after 1 listen this one is a bit over 'twangy' than I usually go for but because Aaron is such a good songwriter I'll give it a chance."
Aaron Lewis On Staind's Hiatus
Read more at Blabbermouth