Apparently excited about the idea of a collaboration between Muse
and the Killers
, whose singer Brandon Flowers
is a well-known Mormon, a fan sent Muse
frontman Matt Bellamy
a copy of the Book of Mormon, the religion's sacred text. Bellamy posted a picture of the book online with a caption saying, "Weird fan gift!" The book came with a handwritten note from the fan which read, "This book changed my life, I give it to you with all my heart . . . " Flowers recently mentioned in an interview that the Killers and Muse are friends and that he hoped the two bands would collaborate one day. (NME
has set Black Out The Sun
as the title of the band's ninth studio album, which is due for release in April 2013. Guitarist Clint Lowery
said about the album in a recent interview, "It's a lot of what we do -- it's heavy and it's got its melodic element in it." He also compared the "vibes" of the disc to early albums Animosity
. Lowery also mentioned that the group may hit the road with Coal Chamber
and Lacuna Coil
early in the new year. Black Out The Sun
will follow up 2010's Cold Day Memory
) Read more at Blabbermouth
- A new documentary on late Nirvana frontman Kurt Cobain is in the works from filmmaker Brett Morgan, whose history of the Rolling Stones, Crossfire Hurricane, premiered Thursday night (November 15th) on HBO. Morgan revealed that he's been discussing the Cobain project with the musician's widow, Courtney Love, since 2007, saying, "We've been trying to find the right time to put this film together and the time is now. Kurt was not only an amazing songwriter and musician, he was an incredible artist and filmmaker. So we are going to do the movie sort of like a third-person autobiography -- (as) if Kurt was around and making a film about his life." (The New York Post) Read more at Loudwire and Rolling Stone
CHECK IT OUT: Watch Brandon Flowers of the Killers go head-to-head with noted atheist Richard Dawkins over the Book of Mormon on a Swedish talk show:
- The London home where Amy Winehouse lived is being put up for auction. It was listed in May and didn't have any takers so now the bidding will start at $2.8 million. The estate has an entry phone in the door, a gym and a music room with soundproof walls. Read more at Rolling Stone
- Blabbermouth reports to celebrate the release of their upcoming live concert film and album "Celebration Day", available Monday, November 19, LED ZEPPELIN has granted NBC and Warner Bros. Television rights to feature two of their songs in an episode of the hit series "Revolution", airing later that night (10:01-11:00 p.m. ET) on NBC. The classic LED ZEPPELIN tracks "Kashmir" and "Since I've Been Loving You" will be showcased in "Revolution" on Monday, November 19. Following last night's all-new episode, NBC debuted a special trailer, featuring "Kashmir", for the November 19 episode. A promo for "Revolution" featuring "Kashmir" will run throughout the week on NBC, and an extended version of the trailer will be available on NBC.com/Revolution. "Anyone who really knows me knows how obsessed I am with LED ZEPPELIN. So the fact that the band agreed to put two songs in my show is, very seriously, a career high-point," said Eric Kripke, creator and executive producer of "Revolution". Live versions of both songs are available on "Celebration Day", which chronicles LED ZEPPELIN's legendary 2007 concert at London's O2 Arena. The epic performance was a two-hour-plus tour de force of the band's signature blues-infused rock 'n' roll including such landmark tracks as "Whole Lotta Love", "Rock And Roll" and "Stairway To Heaven". "Celebration Day" will be available in multiple audio and video formats on November 19 and can be pre-ordered now at LedZeppelin.com. "Revolution" is the epic adventure from J.J. Abrams' Bad Robot Productions and "Supernatural"'s Eric Kripke, about a family struggling to reunite in an American landscape void of electricity: a world of empty cities, local militias and heroic freedom fighters, where every single piece of technology — computers, planes, cars, phones, even lights — has mysteriously blacked out forever. Kripke, Abrams and Bryan Burk ("Lost", "Star Trek") serve as executive producers, and Jon Favreau ("Iron Man" movies) serves as co-executive producer. "Revolution" is produced by Bonanza Productions Inc. in association with Bad Robot Productions, Kripke Enterprises and Warner Bros. Television. Read more at Ultimate Classic Rock and Rolling Stone
- Blabbermouth reports METALLICA guitarist Kirk Hammett will make a rare convention appearance for an extremely limited signing of his new book, "Too Much Horror Business - The Kirk Hammett Collection", on Saturday, March 23 at Mad Monster Party 2013 in Charlotte, North Carolina. Also scheduled to appear is original KISS drummer Peter Criss. Mad Monster Party is a three-day monster convention with celebrity guests, horror memorabilia vendors, monster exhibits (this year features the world's biggest collection of "Jaws" original screen used props and memorabilia), the Crypt Critter exhibit with live snakes, arachnids and insects (with a rare photo op with wrestling superstar Jake "The Snake" Roberts with a live Burmese python sponsored by Cold Blooded Encounters), a vintage Midnight Spook show, macabre magic acts and more! For more information, visit TheMadMonsterParty.com. "Too Much Horror Business" came out on September 25. The oversized 228-page hardback book documents Hammett's love of all things related to the horror genre and features more than 300 photos of items from the collection of horror memorabilia he has accumulated over the years. The book also includes three lengthy interviews with Hammett, who also wrote the captions for many of the photos.
- Blabbermouth reports MÖTLEY CRÜE bassist Nikki Sixx's memoir, "The Heroin Diaries: A Year In The Life Of A Shattered Rock Star", is being turned into a Broadway play. Sixx writes on his Facebook page, "We’re getting pretty far down the road. We hope for a late 2013 or early 2014 for it to open." "The Heroin Diaries: A Year in the Life of a Shattered Rock Star", which was supposedly taken from actual journals Sixx kept in the late '80s while in the grip of a near-fatal heroin addiction, was originally released September 18, 2007 via MTV Pocketbooks/Simon & Schuster and debuted at #7 on the New York Times Book Review non-fiction best-seller list. Twenty-five percent of the book's profits were reportedly donated to Running Wild In The Night — Sixx's fundraising initiative for Covenant House California, which helps keep runaway, abused and abandoned youth off the streets. The 400-plus page book, written in part with journalist Ian Gittins, was previously described as "a brutally honest look at Sixx's hellish year, one which saw him overdose and be declared clinically dead at one point while MÖTLEY CRÜE toured behind its 'Girls, Girls, Girls' album." In a March 2010 interview with Brazil's Dynamite magazine, Sixx's former MÖTLEY CRUE bandmate, singer John Corabi, questioned the authenticity of "The Heroin Diaries", saying, "I love Nikki to death, and this is just my opinion... Everybody that I know that's done heroin, they do heroin and they're out. And I find it very hard to believe that somebody can do heroin and then have the foresight to write everything down. Everybody that read the book said it was great, though; it was a great book. It's great reading, it's a great book... More power to him, you know." In February 2008, former MÖTLEY CRÜE producer Tom Werman slammed "Heroin Diaries" as "totally deluded" and "stunningly inaccurate." In a letter to the New York Times, Werman took issue with Sixx's assertion that the producer chatted on the phone during the recording of "Theatre of Pain", "Shout at the Devil" and "Girls Girls Girls" while Sixx did all the work. "If this distortion of reality is the result of Sixx's past heroin habit, then his diary is truly nothing more than a pipe dream, and the events to which this book refers may simply be the needle-induced fantasies of an attention-starved junkie," Werman wrote. In a February 2005 interview, HANOI ROCKS guitarist Andy McCoy dismissed as "pure lies" MÖTLEY CRÜE's account of HANOI drummer Nicholas "Razzle" Dingley's death and Nikki's heroin overdose, as published in CRÜE's best-selling band autobiography, "The Dirt: Confessions of the World's Most Notorious Rock Band". Read more at Loudwire, Ultimate Classic Rock and Rolling Stone
- Blabbermouth reports legendary guitarist Slash (GUNS N' ROSES, VELVET REVOLVER) will guest on the nationally syndicated radio show "Rockline" with host Bob Coburn on Monday, December 3 at 8:30 p.m. PT / 11:30 p.m. ET. Fans are encouraged to speak with Slash by calling 1-800-344-ROCK (7625). The show will be streamed on the "Rockline" web site for two weeks beginning the afternoon after the live broadcast. For more information, visit RocklineRadio.com. Slash will release a special three-disc special enhanced edition of his acclaimed sophomore album, "Apocalyptic Love", exclusively at Best Buy on November 19. The collection includes the full 15-track version of the CD, including bonus songs "Crazy Life" and "Carolina", eight unreleased acoustic tracks from the group's Guitar Center Sessions as well as the "Live From NY" concert DVD from Slash's sold-out record-release show filmed live at Irving Plaza in New York City. The special enhanced edition will also include a collectible guitar pick tin.
"Apocalyptic Love" 3-Disc Special Edition track listing:
"Apocalyptic Love" (Deluxe CD)
01. Apocalyptic Love
02. One Last Thrill
03. Standing In The Sun
04. You're A Lie
05. No More Heroes
07. We Will Roam
09. Not For Me
10. Bad Rain
11. Hard & Fast
12. Far And Away
13. Shots Fired
15. Crazy Life
Live At Guitar Center (Acoustic) (CD)
01. Beggars And Hangers On
02. Back From Cali
03. Civil War
04. Fall To Pieces
05. Far And Away
07. Not For Me
08. Sweet Child O' Mine
"Live From NY" Concert At Irving Plaza (DVD, 72 minutes)
01. Mean Bone
02. Dirty Little Thing
03. One Last Thrill
04. Back From Cali
06. Standing In The Sun
07. Doctor Alibi
08. Speed Parade
09. Apocalyptic Love
10. Watch This
12. Just Like Anything
14. You're A Lie
16. By The Sword
An acoustic version of "Civil War" can be streamed using the SoundCloud player below. "Apocalyptic Love", came out in May and was recently certified gold in Australia by the Australian Recording Industry Association (ARIA) for sales in excess of 35,000 copies. "[The album has] been really well received and I was really pleased with the record in the first place; it's great," Slash said. "You never know what exactly is going to happen and I never have any what you'd call expectations, but once it's out there and people sort of dig it for the right reasons, it's always a good feeling." Slash recently revealed that he and singer Myles Kennedy have already begun working on music for the guitarist's next album, to be recorded sometime next year. "We are working on material, gathering ideas for another [record] at this point," Slash told Rapid City Journal. "We are sort of like in those early stages where I'm just recording different guitar ideas and I turn Myles on to it. He's thinking about his stuff and what he's going to do with it and so on."
- Blabbermouth reports legendary rockers JOURNEY have released the following statement: "JOURNEY's lead singer Arnel Pineda has been given the all-clear from his doctors after receiving medical treatment for a severe laryngeal and esophageal inflammation, which forced the band to postpone several shows earlier this month. "As hoped, the tour resumes tonight, Friday, November 16 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin at the Bradley Center, as originally scheduled." Arnel, who hails from Quezon City in the Philippines, joined JOURNEY in December 2007. He replaced for Jeff Scott Soto, who parted ways with the band earlier that year after stepping in for Steve Augeri, who had to leave the band in 2006 for medical reasons. JOURNEY's latest studio album, "Eclipse", featuring Arnel Pineda, was released in May 2011. The Walmart exclusive debuted on The Billboard 200 album chart at No. 13. Recently released is JOURNEY's latest compilation, "Greatest Hits - Volume 2", which was compiled by the band's former singer, Steve Perry.
- Blabbermouth reports Ed Condran of Atlantic City Weekly recently conducted an interview with MEGADETH mainman Dave Mustaine. A couple of excerpts from the chat follow below. Atlantic City Weekly: I interviewed [comedian] George Carlin just before he passed away five years ago. He said that as a civilization we're circling the drain. Mustaine: You want to hear something very bizarre? I was reading Carlin and listening to his stand-up when I wrote some of the songs on [1992's] "Countdown To Extinction". I remember writing "Sweating Bullets" after reading Carlin. I just thought: "Did I mention George Carlin and 'Sweating Bullets' or did he say that and I forgot?" [laughs] That's mind-blowing that you said that. Back then we were listening to a lot of Carlin's tapes. We were listening to a lot of stand-up. We listened to Eddie Murphy and Richard Pryor and it had a huge effect. Atlantic City Weekly: You said from the stage that if Barack Obama were re-elected, you would leave for Canada. Have you started packing yet? Mustaine: A lot of that was stage fodder. You're talking about the Singapore incident. I was just there marveling how beautiful Singapore is and I started thinking about how our nation is changing and I don't know if we can handle all of the taxation. I know years ago that in England the taxes got so out of control that people left and I can see it happening here. There could be a mass exodus here. There are quite a few musicians who are blessed enough to be making $250,000 or more a year and they will be taxed. I think what will happen is that bands will be dying left and right. What's happening now is that everything America has been built on will be destroyed. Atlantic City Weekly: What do you think will happen in the future?? Mustaine: The way things are going after this election is that I think a lot of people are going to be hoping the Mayan Calendar — [saying the world ends December 21, 2012] — is correct. I think life will continue on. We're a strong nation, no matter who is in the White House. God is in my White House. I'm a Christian and I make a lot of mistakes, but I try to keep my head up and do the right thing. It's crazy out there. I'm a dad. Oddly enough, my son just got a notice from the Selective Service and he has to register. No one else from his school mentioned they got a notice. My daughter said that she thinks they're targeting [my son] Justice because of me. I said, "No, they are not!" But I was thinking, "What's going on?" But having two kids, I try to do my best. Read the entire interview from Atlantic City Weekly. Read more at Loudwire
- Blabbermouth reports MEGADETH drummer Shawn Drover says that Dave Mustaine's suggestion at a concert that President Obama was behind the mass shootings in Aurora and at a Sikh temple in Wisconsin was the MEGADETH frontman's "viewpoint at that given time" and "it is nothing that represents the band as a whole." While performing with MEGADETH on August 7 in Singapore, Mustaine told the crowd, "Back in my country, my president is trying to pass a gun ban. So he's staging all of these murders, like the Fast And Furious thing down at the border and Aurora, Colorado, all the people that were killed there. And now the beautiful people at the Sikh temple." He continued: "I don't know where I'm gonna live if America keeps going the way it's going because it looks like it's turning into Nazi America." Speaking to Atlantic City Insiders, Drover had the following to say about Mustaine's comments: "I just think that was something that was [said on the] spur of the moment. The song 'Holy Wars' is about, obviously, holy wars and stuff. Dave just kind of wings it sometimes [while speaking to the crowd at shows], and that came out, for whatever reason." He continued, "Things have been said by many bands and all that kind of stuff, and it just so happens that somebody was videotaping it and some web site got hold of it and it just blew up into this big, huge thing. I really didn't think anything of it at the time, but it's turned into this thing in the media and the press. "Things like that happen; people say stuff that maybe someone doesn't agree with. So there you go. There was no harm intended, obviously, but it was something that he had said and that was his viewpoint at that given time. I really have nothing else to say about that other than that. It was something that was said. There was no harm intended, but it just kind of got blown up in the press. But that happens every day; you can look up something in the press today where somebody said or somebody did… It's not like this is a new occurrence for an entertainer."
Asked if Mustaine is speaking for the entire MEGADETH band when making such comments or if he is just speaking for himself, Drover said, "No, not at all. He doesn't speak for the band on things like that. That was his personal viewpoint at that time. So there you go. It's nothing that represents the band as a whole." You can hear Drover's responses to the questions about Mustaine's Obama comments in the audio recording of the Atlantic City Insiders interview below, starting at around the six-minute mark. Read more at Noisecreep and Rolling Stone
- Blabbermouth reports according to the Czech news portal iDNES.cz, the police have completed their investigation of LAMB OF GOD frontman Randy Blythe related to the death of a fan in Prague two years ago and have sent the case file to the prosecutor with a recommendation that Blythe be indicted and ordered to return to the Czech Republic to stand trial. The prosecutor will spend the next couple of weeks studying the case before making a determination on the singer's potential criminal liability. A spokesperson for the the Municipal Public Prosecutor's Office in Prague, Štepánka Zenklová, has said that a decision as to whether to file criminal charges will likely be made before the end of November. Blythe is facing the possibility of conviction and a long-term jail sentence after a 2010 incident in which a fan attending a LAMB OF GOD show died almost a month later, allegedly from injuries sustained when he was thrown off the stage. Blythe's predicament has galvanized the heavy rock community, with artists across the hard rock genre pledging their support. Shortly after being released from the Pankrác prison in Prague in early August, Blythe sat down with Mark Holmberg of WTVR-TV — the CBS television affiliate based in Richmond, Virginia — to discuss his 37-day stay at the notorious Czech Republic penitentiary (see video below). Asked about his vow to go back to Prague if there is a trial, Randysaid, "I feel ethically responsible to go back there and face this charge. [The victim's] family right now is in a lot of pain, and they deserve some answers. To lose a child is the worst possible thing a human can go through, I think .. I want my name cleared. I have to go around the world and tour, you know. That's what I do. I'm not going to hide here. I'm an innocent man. I'm going to go to court and see what happens." Read more at Loudwire
- Blabbermouth reports according to AutoEvolution, IRON MAIDEN drummer Nicko McBrain, who is a Jaguar enthusiast, took delivery of a Jaguar XKR-S on Friday, November 9. The car is said to be the fastest XK model ever built, with its 5.0-liter supercharged V8 enabling the Jag to sprint from 0-60 mph in 4.2 seconds. "Since I was a kid, I've always loved Jags with a passion," McBrain told AutoEvolution. "I remember my father taking me to see the big ol' Mark 10 when it came out in '61. That was his favorite car, and since then, I've always preferred Jaguar sedans rather than sports cars. In fact, I still have my Series III that I bought in 1986 along with my '89 Series III that I keep in Florida and use as my daily driver. I bought my wife an XK in 2009, and when she finally let me drive it, I absolutely loved it; so when the XKR-S came out, that was it, I decided I had to have one." Asked when he first got to drive the XKR-S, McBrain said, "Jaguar invited me to the Gaydon test track in the U.K. to do a few laps, and really, that's how my car came about. They drove me to the track in a new Range Rover Evoque with a terrific black and red leather interior. When we pulled up alongside this French Racing Blue XKR-S, the door was open. When I opened my door to the Range Rover Evoque, I said, 'This is the interior I want in my car.'" Regarding what features he decided on, McBrain said, "The first major feature we worked on was the paint; I chose a new metallic version of French Racing Blue. Jaguar calls it Ultra Blue and it's not currently available on the market, but they agreed to let me use it for my car. I live in Florida and when the sun hits the paint, it just explodes, the color is truly amazing. Next, we wanted to really customize the car so where it says 'Supercharged' on the carbon fiber hood louvers, we've used the famous IRON MAIDEN 'metal lord' font. We used the same script for the door tread plates, which now read 'Nicko McBrain XKR-S.' In the piano black veneer above the glove box we've added 'Made In Aluminum;' get it?" Read more from AutoEvolution.
Video footage of McBrain taking delivery of and driving his new Jaguar XKR-S can be seen below.
- Blabbermouth reports CNN recently taped a "life on the road" feature with legendary rocker Alice Cooper as part of its "Road Warriors" series. In the segment below, Alice chats a bit about his habits on the road and what he brings with him. You can also check out his bus, packed with golf clubs and swords. In a recent interview with the U.K.'s Independent, Cooper insisted that he and his band are "doing better tours now than we ever did." He added, "When I was 30, I was a mess. I was drinking a bottle of whisky a day. I did shows that weren't anywhere near as good as the shows I do now." Cooper, who calls himself a born-again Christian, also said that he believed the Bible was the literal word of God. "Yes, true each word," he said. "[God] has a plan for everybody. I look at my life and I think, 'How is it possible that I didn't die?'" The rocker also spoke about his live performance, saying, "I treat Alice in the third person, because I can't take him anywhere. He belongs on stage. But there was a gray area for quite a long time when I didn't know where I began and where Alice ended." He continued, "If you take the image away. I'm still in a bar band, because I've never grown out of it. I'll be the last guy who ever looks at the band and says, 'Turn it down'. But I love the character. I always say Alice Cooper's my favorite rock star. [My fans] don't want him to be human. They want him to be this otherworldly character." Read more at Ultimate Classic Rock
- Blabbermouth reports "They All Lie And Cheat", the new video from former W.A.S.P. guitarist Chris Holmes' CHP project, can be seen below. The song will appear on the debut CHP album, "Nothing To Lose", which is tentatively due in early 2013. Holmes, who spent 12 years with W.A.S.P., said in a 2011 interview with Marshall Of Rock that he felt both he and the other members of the band deserved to be pictured on the record covers of albums they all worked on. He said: "Blackie [Lawless, W.A.S.P. mainman] wants to be Elvis Presley, he wants to be the only guy. Let's put it this way: he has an ego. He does really shitty things to everybody in the band. The only reason why he kept me that long is to get more ticket sales. You wanna get some really shitty? The money you make off the records is called publishing, and he made me sign my contract in the way that this goes back into the band, so I never saw any of the publishing. I was young, and I said, 'Is this the right thing for me to do?' He said, 'Yeah,' and he knew exactly where it was gonna go. That's why I had really bad issues with the guy. Even today — I'd never play with the guy again, I'd rather be dead. He's only out for himself, he's not out for the whole band. If he was a nice guy, would he keep a few bandmembers? He's always changing band members." Holmes also expressed doubts about Lawless' Christian beliefs, telling Marshall Of Rock, "I'll tell you what kind of person he is – he's full of shit! If being a Christian can make money, that's what he's doing. It's all about making money and nothing else. When I got off the road, I had to work a job, because he wouldn't give me any money, and I gotta pay the rent, right? He wouldn't pay me, he wouldn't pay the roadies, he wants all the money. That's why I had to do construction, concrete stuff. They say, 'Sell your soul, play rock'n'roll', and that's what I did. I never left, Blackie forced me out. He didn't want me in the band anymore because I got more attention than he did, he always put me down. Remember when I married Lita Ford, the singer from RUNAWAYS, and he made sure I couldn't go to the American Music Awards when she was nominated for 'Vocalist Of The Year.' I hated him ever since that. And the last thing I ever said to him in the rehearsal room was, 'Why the fuck would you do that to somebody?' He got up and as he was walking out of the rehearsal room, he mumbled to me, 'I was jealous'. That's the reason why I hate him today." Chris Holmes was interviewed on the September 28 edition of "Tales From The Sunset Strip", the Internet-only radio show hosted by Willie Basse and Al Bane. You can listen to the chat below.
"They All Lie And Cheat" video:
- Blabbermouth reports POISON singer Bret Michaels will release his new solo album, "Good Songs & Great Friends", on February 26, 2013 via Poor Boy Records. The effort features some of the rocker's famous friends helping him out on various tracks, including Ace Frehley (KISS), Michael Anthony (CHICKENFOOT, VAN HALEN), Phil Collen (DEF LEPPARD), Joe Perry (AEROSMITH), Loretta Lynn, Lil Jon, Bobby Capps (.38 SPECIAL), Sal Coz Costa (MY DARKEST DAYS), Jimmy Buffett, Edwin McCain, Miley Cyrus, Gary Rossington, Peter Keys and Rickey Medlocke (LYNYRD SKYNYRD), Leslie West (MOUNTAIN), Jaret Reddick (BOWLING FOR SOUP) and C.C. Deville (POISON). Speaking to VH1 Radio Network's Dave Basner, Medlocke revealed how he became involved in the project. "[Bret's] doing a rendition of 'Alabama' and he wanted some guitar work on it," he said. "He got a hold of me and Gary and we kind of went in, did a little bit of playing on it, on 'Sweet Home Alabama'. It's pretty cool. We played a little bit of leads, a little bit of chinky rhythms on it or whatever. But Bret's a good guy. He's a good friend of ours." Asked how the song sounds, Rickey said, "It's good. I mean, it's different. It's real different. And he took it away from what you would cop 'Sweet Home Alabama'. He took it from that but he did a… I think he did a good rendition of it. It's different. Different arrangement, but it's cool." In a recent interview with Gimme Noise, Bret stated about his upcoming CD, "I'm really proud of what we've done with it. It's really not just a Bret Michaels album. I had so many other talented artists come in and support that it's really a 'Bret Michaels And Friends' album. There's a staggering amount of talent on this album. . . It's been such a fun project for me and I'm excited to share it with the fans." Speaking to Rolling Stone magazine in February, Bret revealed that his new solo album will feature a remake of the POISON smash "Every Rose Has Its Thorn" as a duet between him and Loretta Lynn. He said, "For me, growing up in a family that my father loved country music and 'Coal Miner's Daughter', this is gonna be a really awesome time."
- Blabbermouth reports "Watch The World Burn", the new Jonpaul Douglass-directed video from Florida metallers TRIVIUM, can be seen below. The song comes off the band's latest album, "In Waves", which sold 22,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release to land at position No. 13 on The Billboard 200 chart — the highest U.S. chart entry of the band's career. The group's previous CD, "Shogun", opened with just under 24,000 units back in October 2008 to debut at No. 23. The effort followed up "The Crusade", which registered a first-week tally of 31,000 copies in October 2006 to enter the chart at No. 25. "In Waves" was recorded primarily at Paint It Black Studios in Orlando, Florida (with only the drums having been tracked at Audiohammer Studios in Sanford, Florida) with the production/mixing team of Colin Richardson (MACHINE HEAD, BULLET FOR MY VALENTINE, SLIPKNOT, FEAR FACTORY) and Martin "Ginge" Ford, along with engineer Carl Bown. TRIVIUM is currently touring Europe with AS I LAY DYING, CALIBAN and UPON A BURNING BODY.
- Blabbermouth reports "The Afterman", the new video from New York progressive rockers COHEED AND CAMBRIA, can be seen below. The song comes off the band's latest album, "The Afterman: Ascension", which sold 49,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release to land at position No. 5 on The Billboard 200 chart. "The Afterman" is being released in two separate full-length volumes. The first volume, "The Afterman: Ascension", was made available on both physical and digital platforms in the U.S. on October 9 via Hundred Handed/Everything Evil, and distributed through Fontana/Ingrooves (available in Canada via Universal Music Canada). The second volume, "The Afterman: Descension", is due in February 2013. A deluxe version of "The Afterman" includes a hardcover coffee-table book with expansive art by Heidi Taillefer and Nathan Spoor with collaborative written work from singer/creator Claudio Sanchez and writer Peter David that creates a song-by-song experience.
The two records follow-up to 2010's "Year Of The Black Rainbow", and feature new bassist Zach Cooper and returning drummer Josh Eppard, who have replaced Michael Todd and Chris Pennie, respectively. The concept albums continue to be set in the band's alternate universe of "Heaven's Fence", which are part of their series titled "The Amory Wars". "The Amory Wars" is currently being developed by Mark Wahlberg and Stephen Levinson of Leverage Productions for a live-action feature film. It follows the story of a superhuman dictator named Wilhelm Ryan, and a family that may have the ability to free the world from his control. "The Afterman" albums focus on a character named Sirius Amory, a scientist who discovers an energy force that can connect the universe's 78 planets together. COHEED AND CAMBRIA frontman Claudio Sanchez said of the album: "This is, without a doubt, the most honest record I've ever written. Though all the songs can be interpreted through our main character in the story, they were initially written in a very spontaneous manner. In the past, I've always had a predetermined idea of what the story was going to be when I approached the songs. With 'The Afterman' being a new story within 'The Amory Wars' arc, I allowed the events of my life to drive the concept, and therefore opened up the songwriting to a fuller degree." Read more at Classic Rock
- Blabbermouth reports "The Veil Of Isis", the new video from Austin, Texas metal luminaries THE SWORD, can be seen below. The song comes off the band's fourth album, "Apocryphon", which sold nearly 17,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release to land at position No. 17 on The Billboard 200 chart. According to THE SWORD frontman J.D. Cronise, "The Veil Of Isis" is the most "SWORD-ish" song of the album musically, yet notes that lyrically, "it's a little more metaphysical than a lot of our previous stuff. It talks a lot about cycles of nature and life and death and birth and transformation and death and rebirth. "In essence, the song is about change," Cronise tells RollingStone.com. "[It's about] moving from one phase of the natural cycle to the next and the recognition of the knowledge revealed when such transitions occur. The lyrics make reference to Isis, the goddess of nature and magic, and her brother/husband Osiris, the god of the dead and the afterlife, as agents of those changes and keepers of sacred knowledge. The 'veil' is that which hides from us the true nature of the universe that, during our earthly existence, is largely hidden from us." "Apocryphon" was produced and engineered by J. Robbins (CLUTCH, JAWBOX) at Magpie Cage Studios and features cover art by famed comic book artist J.H. Williams III (Batwoman, Promethea). Asked about the band's decision to work with J. Robbins on "Apocryphon" after self-producing two records and then working with Matt Bayles, THE SWORD guitarist Kyle Shutt told AltPress.com, "We're all huge CLUTCH fans, and we know those guys real well. [James] did two of their last three records, and those sound great, so we figured it was a no-brainer. We called him up and he was into it. He saw our live show at a club in Baltimore on the tour before we came here so he could get a feel of the kind of show we put on because we wanted to make an album that sounds like we do live in a club. And it was great. It was a real speedy process." On the topic of the musical direction of the new album, Shutt said, "It is a reflection of everything that we [have gone] through and the lessons we learned. We then deal with these situations metaphorically in our lyrics. This record is just 10 banging hard rockers. There's no real 'stick-out' thrash song, or, like, this one is the ballad. I don't think there's going to be any instrumental songs on this record, either, so that'll be a first for us. It's just 10 kick-ass rock songs." Regarding the subject matter covered in the new songs' lyrics, Shutt said, "There are lyrical themes that weave in and out of the songs, but there's no story or anything like that. With 'Warp Riders', J.D. [guitarist/vocalist John Cronise] had already written [the story] and now he [doesn't] have the time to sit down and write another book. We had the idea to make a comic book for 'Warp Riders', but we had some really poor management at the time, so nothing really came together with that and it was going to cost so much money that it never saw the light of day. It was just a nice thing we did. Now we're moving on to other things." THE SWORD's third album, "Warp Riders", sold around 8,900 copies in the United States in its first week of release to debut at position No. 47 on The Billboard 200 chart. Read more at Loudwire and Classic Rock
- Blabbermouth reports GIANT X, the new band formed by RUNNING WILD members Rolf Kasparek and Peter J. Jordan, will release its debut album, "I", on January 18 in Germany, January 21 in the rest of Europe and January 22 in USA/Canada via Steamhammer/SPV. This sensational collaboration was sparked by the unexpectedly euphoric reactions from all over the world to the Kasparek/Jordan composition "Burning Wheels" (off EMI's rock/metal album), which featured Kasparek on vocals. Encouraged by those positive responses, Jordan and Kasparek decided to co-compose more tracks and offer them to interested record companies under the band name of GIANT X. They decided on the Hanover label Steamhammer/SPV, which previously released the latest RUNNING WILD opus, "Shadowmaker". "GIANT X have a broader musical range which allows Rolf and myself to present ourselves from a totally different side," Jordan explains. "Our material consists of consciously multi-layered numbers, more in the tradition of KISS, QUEEN, THIN LIZZY, VAN HALEN but also BILLY TALENT. In other words: rock music in the tradition of the Seventies, Eighties and Nineties — our shared musical roots. The main thing for us was that people would be able hear the lightness and spontaneity of our collaboration." "I" contains a total of 13 brand new songs, all of them penned by Jordan and Kasparek. The recording was produced and mixed by Jordan, with lots of support from Kasparek and RUNNING WILD's live mixer Niki Nowy. No plans for GIANT X's future have yet been made, but according to Jordan and Kasparek, they are happy to "take things as they come. We don't rule anything out at this point."
- Blabbermouth reports Irish rockers THE ANSWER have entered the studio with producer Toby Jepson (LITTLE ANGELS, GUN, DIO DISCIPLES) to begin recording their fourth album for an early 2013 release. The recording sessions are taking place in a quintessentially English village somewhere between Stratford and Oxford at "a converted townhouse with a great vibe," according to THE ANSWER singer Cormac Neeson. THE ANSWER's latest release, the "Rise" EP, named after the band's previously unreleased track, came out on July 2 via the group's own The Answer Productions label. The EP consists of a new 2012 radio edit mix of "Rise", an extended full-length version, a very special acoustic/orchestral version and a brand new mix of another rockin' gem called "Lost". THE ANSWER's third album, "Revival", entered the official chart in the U.K. at position No. 39. "Revival" was released on October 3, 2011 via Spinefarm Records. The initial run of the album was a limited-edition deluxe format with 24-page booklet and band sleeve notes, plus an 11-track second disc containing previously unreleased studio, acoustic, demo and cover material. "Revival" was produced by Chris "Frenchie" Smith and mixed by Chris Sheldon.
- Blabbermouth reports German power metallers HELLOWEEN will release their new album, "Straight Out Of Hell", in Europe on January 18 and in North America on January 22, 2013. The cover artwork — which was once again created by Martin Häusler, who previously worked with the band on the "7 Sinners" and "Gambling With The Devil" CDs — is being revealed in four parts over a four-day period starting this past Wednesday (November 14). Check out the third part below. The band states, "The cover literally is the bomb!" "Straight Out Of Hell" is described in a press release as "a work full of speed and toughness, with optimism and great joy of playing, featuring complex arrangements, strong hooks and plenty of catchy melodies. Or, to let the facts speak for themself: 13 mostly fast-paced songs that turn out to be impressively multi-layered and will completely delight all HELLOWEEN fans, due to the different songwriters Andi Deris, founding members Michael Weikath and Markus Grosskopf, and guitarist Sascha Gerstner." Says Weikath: "'Straight Out Of Hell' is the consequent development of the two albums before. '7 Sinners' was recorded more or less in the wake of 'Gambling With The Devil', while the new songs are a continuation of the '7 Sinners' directives, only a little less doom bound and noticeably more positive. These songs will kick even the laziest listener's ass." HELLOWEEN recently completed work on the video for the CD's first single, the six-minute opus "Nabataea".
"Straight Out Of Hell" track listing:
02. World Of War
03. Live Now!
04. Far From The Stars
05. Burning Sun
06. Waiting For The Thunder
07. Hold Me In Your Arms
08. Wanna Be God
09. Straight Out Of Hell
12. Make Fire Catch The Fly
13. Church Breaks Down
Limited-edition bonus tracks:
14. Another Shot Of Life
15. Burning Sun (Hammond version; dedicated to Jon Lord)
On the live front, meanwhile, HELLOWEEN (fresh from appearing at prestigious Japanese festival Loud Park) will be returning to the road in March 2013 — the first part of a world tour set to kick off in mainland Europe, with GAMMA RAY as special guests. The follow-up to the "Hellish Rock" tour of 2007/2008, this extended outing ("Hellish Rock Part II") will bring the band to the U.K. on April 16 for a one-off date at the London Forum.
- Blabbermouth reports Before SACRED REICH's November 17 concert at Rocky Point Cantina in Tempe, Arizona, be sure to stop by and grab some lunch with the band at Rehab Burger Therapy, a new restaurant in Scottsdale, Arizona part owned by SACRED REICH guitarist Wiley Arnett. The group states, "We will be hanging out from 12:30-2:30 and you can win a pair of tickets to the show or a SACRED REICH t-shirt. The address is 7210 East 2nd Street, Scottsdale just east of Scottsdale Rd on 2nd street in Old Town Scottsdale. The food is great! We are really looking forward to it. See you there!" Rehab Burger Therapy was founded on the idea that everyone deserves a break and the belief it's actually therapeutic to slow down and celebrate life's simple pleasures like good music, the company of friends and a delicious burger grilled to order. You don't have to be a strung out rock star or jaded gazillionare to benefit from this sort of therapy. If you're sick of feeling like a statistic and need an escape from corporate restaurant abuse, Rehab Burger Therapy will be your wellness getaway. Created by three friends that needed some rehabilitation of their own, Rehab Burger Therapy is a story of fate and convictions that began back in 1994 when Denise Nelson, Ken Likewise and Wiley first met in Scottsdale at a fledgling pizza joint they were recruited to nurture. Rehab is located in the former home of Bonfire Grill, which closed in January. A review of Rehab Burger Therapy can be found on the Phoenix New Times web site.
Rehab Burger Therapy
7210 E. 2nd Street
Scottsdale, AZ 85251
For more information, visit www.rehabburgertherapy.com.
- Blabbermouth reports former NIGHTWISH singer Anette Olzon has posted the following message on her official blog: "I just finished writing my new song that I've been working on for some weeks... This time I am doing the lyrics in Swedish and it was a bit hard but also challenging to do that, and now I've just sent it to my friend Fredrik Bergh to see how it will sound after the music is added. Since I don't play instruments so well, I always need help with recording. That, and Fredrik is fast and really good at what he does. "The way we work is that I sing the song and record it directly in to Garage Band and set the tempo I want it to have. Then I write down the lyrics and also add little comments to Fredrik how I have thought the song should be 'built.' Then I send the song to iTunes and email lyrics and the song file to Fredrik and voila! — his magic can start working. "I love the technology of today, making it so easy to create music, even when we live far apart in the country!" Olzon last year released two demo tracks that she recorded in 2009 for what was supposed to become her debut solo album. She said at the time, "The songs are not mixed or produced, just recorded in the moment, and therefore are very rough songs. But I still want you to hear them since I am proud of them and I think they show another part of me than you hear in NIGHTWISH." She added, "The first song is called 'Floating' and I call it the 'circus' song. It gives me a happy feeling and the vibe in it is happy and joyful. The second song ['Invincible'] is a song I wrote for my son and therefore it's very special to me." You can listen to the tracks below. Olzon announced in April 2011 that she decided to push back the tentative release date of her debut solo album to after NIGHTWISH has completed touring in support of its new studio album, "Imaginarium". Olzon worked on material for her solo CD in 2009 with Swedish producers Stefan Örn and Johan Glössner. The album was slated to be co-produced by Swedish producer/songwriter Anders Bagge, who has previously worked with MADONNA, CELINE DION, JANET JACKSON and JESSICA SIMPSON, among others. He was also one of judges on the Swedish TV talent competition "Idol" and a producer of the TV series "Made in Sweden". Olzon in 2009 hired a personal manager — the Swedish management company Hagenburg Management, which also represents EUROPE and THE CARDIGANS.
- Blabbermouth reports former SEPULTURA guitarist Jairo Guedz joined CAVALERA CONSPIRACY on stage earlier tonight (Friday, November 16) at Music Hall in Belo Horizonte, Brazil to perform the early SEPULTURA classic "Troops Of Doom", a song that he co-wrote. Video footage of his appearance can be seen below. CAVALERA CONSPIRACY is the band led by brothers and founding SEPULTURA members Max (also of SOULFLY) and Igor Cavalera. A couple of photos taken at the gig, as well as a couple of pre-concert shots of Max and Jairo being interviewed together, can be seen below. SEPULTURA was formed in 1984 in Belo Horizonte, the capital city of Minas Gerais. Jairo joined the group the following year and played on the band's first two releases, 1985's "Beastial Devastation" EP and their 1986 full-length debut, "Morbid Visions". In early 1987, Jairo quit SEPULTURA after losing interest in playing death metal and was replaced by São Paulo-based guitarist Andreas Kisser. In 1996, Max exited SEPULTURA after the rest of the band fired Max's wife Gloria as their manager. Igor left SEPULTURA in June 2006 due to "artistic differences." His departure from the band came five months after he announced that he was taking a break from SEPULTURA's touring activities to spend time with his second wife and their new son (who was born in January 2006). After Max exited SEPULTURA, there was a rift between him and Igor, one that was eventually repaired through the redemptive power of music. Some time had passed and Max and Igor were unable to resist the musical pull in their magnetic fields and their musical collaboration was renewed. The duo are back for round two with CAVALERA CONSPIRACY, which released its debut album, "Inflikted", in March 2008 and follow-up effort, Blunt Force Trauma", in March 2011. Max and Igor played together for the first time in 10 years at the 10th annual D-Low Memorial Festivalon August 17, 2006 at the Marquee Theatre in Tempe, Arizona.
- Blabbermouth reports earMUSIC, the Hamburg, Germany-based international rock label which is part of Edel Group, has announced the signing of THE RESISTANCE, the Swedish extreme metal band featuring former members of IN FLAMES, THE HAUNTED and GRAVE. The group's debut EP, "Rise From Treason", will be released in January and will be followed by a full-length album in April. Commented Jesper: "We're extremely happy that we have been given the opportunity to sign a worldwide recording deal with earMUSIC. Together with them, we will spread our vision of Swedish old-school death metal with a nice blend of hardcore energy. "Watch out for our upcoming EP and album. This is gonna be some good violent fun." "Rise From Treason" will contain four tracks and will be made available on on January 25. The EP will be released on CD, limited-edition seven-inch vinyl and as a digital download. A track from "Rise From Treason", entitled "Slugger", can be streamed in the YouTube clip below. According to a press release, "THE RESISTANCE is not a supergroup or a side project. It is a band, it's a gang, embracing the musical attitude and sounds of Swedish old-school death metal and the old 'no-compromise' values of hardcore. Shredding guitar riffs, blasting beats and screaming out a lot of anger, THE RESISTANCE will take no prisoners and make no compromises with their old school death-metal." THE RESISTANCE recently parted ways with bassist Alex Losbäck Holstad (ex-DESPITE, DECAMERON, CARDINAL SIN) and recruited Claudio Oyarzo, the guitarist in the progressive metal band MINORA, as its new session bassist.. The band's song "Eye For An Eye" is available for free download at PledgeMusic.com (e-mail sign-up required). "Eye For An Eye" was originally made available on the sampler CD that was distributed to the subscribers of Sweden's Close-Up Magazine in the August 2011 issue. THE RESISTANCE made its live debut on October 8, 2011 at Club Distortion in Stockholm, Sweden.
THE RESISTANCE's lineup is as follows:
* Marco Aro (FACE DOWN, ex-THE HAUNTED) - Vocals * Jesper Strömblad (ex-IN FLAMES, DIMENSION ZERO) - Guitar * Glenn Ljungström (ex-IN FLAMES, DIMENSION ZERO) - Guitar * Chris Barkensjö (CARNAL FORGE, GODSIC, ex-GRAVE) - Drums
Strömblad quit IN FLAMES in February 2010 in order to continue receiving treatment for his alcohol addiction.
Jesper signed an exclusive songwriter agreement with BMG Germany earlier this year.
Strömblad is also a talented film composer. Together with Daniel Flores, he wrote the score for the film "Isdraken" ("The Ice Dragon"), which was shown at the Berlin International Film Festivalin February.
- Blabbermouth reports U.K. hard rockers HEAVEN'S BASEMENT will release their debut album, "Filthy Empire", in North America on February 5, 2013 via Red Bull Records. The follow-up to the independently released "Unbreakable" EP was produced by John Feldmann (THE USED, PAPA ROACH, BLACK VEIL BRIDES). The video for the CD's first single, "Fire, Fire", was directed by Michael Maxxis (OURS, SUM 41, OUR LADY PEACE), and can be viewed below.
"Filthy Empire" track listing:
01. Welcome Home
02. Fire, Fire
03. Nothing Left To Lose
04. When The Lights Go Out In London
05. I Am Electric
06. The Long Goodbye
07. Heartbreaking Son of a Bitch
08. Be Somebody
09. Can't Let Go
10. The Price We Pay
11. Jump Back
12. Executioner's Day
HEAVEN'S BASEMENT has been making a name for itself overseas via their relentless touring and fiery live show plus music that features huge guitar riffs, killer melodies and an arena-rock sound. The band is currently on tour as support for HALESTORM in Europe and will then hit the road to support SEETHER later this year, also in Europe. Originally formed in the East Midlands in England in 2007 (although the band's current lineup came together more recently in 2009), HEAVEN'S BASEMENT has already toured with the likes of BUCKCHERRY, PAPA ROACH, THEORY OF A DEADMAN, SHINEDOWN, and more and played this year's Download festival in the U.K. to a packed tent of more than 5,000 fans. Kerrang! magazine declared, "HEAVEN'S BASEMENT play as if their lives depend on it. They should already be a big name — bristling riffs and jagged, riotous hooks are their poison and exceptional is not too strong a word." HEAVEN'S BASEMENT is Aaron Buchanan (vocals), Sid Glover (guitar), Rob Ellershaw (bass), and Chris Rivers (drums).
- Blabbermouth reports Finnish metallers CHILDREN OF BODOM are currently recording "pre-production demos" of new songs that will be included on the band's next album, tentatively due in late spring/early summer 2013 via Marquee Inc. in Japan and Nuclear Blast in other parts of the world. CHILDREN OF BODOM keyboardist Janne Wirman states, "Drums [are] done, some guitars and keys plus vocals [are] still missing." CHILDREN OF BODOM drummer, Jaska Raatikainen recently described the band's new material as "very inspiring, dark and also little 'black' [metal]-ish." CHILDREN OF BODOM earlier in the month canceled its appearance at next year's edition of the Tuska festival, set to take place June 28-30, 2013 in Suvilahti, Helsinki, Finland, "in order to be able to be part of a big tour in USA," according to the group's bassist, Henkka Seppälä (a.k.a. Henkka T. Blacksmith). CHILDREN OF BODOM released a photo book, "Roadkill", on August 8 via Hatecrew.com. The first 666 copies are numbered and personally signed by the band. Photography for "Roadkill" started in 2007. It includes exclusive material of life on the road, shows, promo shoots, recording sessions, album cover production and the worldwide "hate crew," as the band's fans are affectionately known. The book also contains comments and diary entries by the band and the photographer, Jussi Hyttinen of FLC415. CHILDREN OF BODOM's most recent release was "Holiday At Lake Bodom (15 Years Of Wasted Youth)" , a very special CD+DVD career retrospective in celebration of the band's 15th anniversary.
- Blabbermouth reports British post-punk band OCTOBER FILE will release a limited-edition CD and DVD set, "Renditions In Juxtaposition - Live At Bloodstock", on January 28 via Candlelight Records. Documenting the band's triumphant show at Bloodstock in 2011, it captures a unique band at the height of their collective powers and includes the previously unreleased track "I Fuck The Day". Packaged in a 12-page deluxe two-disc set, this edition is limited to 1,000 copies only. As the band's tenth anniversary looms over the horizon, OCTOBER FILE is hard at work on material for its fourth studio album. An ambitious concept effort entitled "The Application Of Loneliness, Ignorance, Misery, Love And Despair - An Introspective Of The Human Condition", it will be released in the spring of 2013 and promises to be the most intense and dramatic album of the quartet's career to date.
"Renditions In Juxtaposition - Live At Bloodstock" track listing:
01. A Munitions Crusade 02. Crawl 03. Falter 04. Eau Du War 05. A Public Display Of Anger 06. I Fuck The Day 07. Dredge 08. Isolation
- Blabbermouth reports Indie Recordings has announced the signing of Norway's MAN THE MACHETES. The band's debut album, "Idiokrati", will be released on January 29 in Europe. The first single from the upcoming album, "Mageplask", can be streamed in the YouTube clip below. Commented MAN THE MACHETES: "We feel privileged to be working with Indie Recordings to release our debut album. We have been met with professionalism, good advice and it's been great working together so far. "We are very excited about the reception of our first single and the album when it's released in January. The album contains 10 tracks that are characterized by hard work and a high party factor. The nearly 30 minutes are intense, without much breathing space, and production-wise, we are very pleased. Eric Ratz has done a fantastic job and has been a major factor in giving each song the identity that we have been looking for. We are so excited!" In a matter of two years, MAN THE MACHETES has gone from playing small venues in Norway to playing festivals like Pstereo and Hove, being awarded Ukas Urørt by the Norwegian radio broadcasters NRK P3, and warming up for bands like GALLOWS and KVELERTAK.
- Blabbermouth reports "Bulldozing It True", a new DVD from the Japanese heavy metal cult act METALUCIFER, will be released on November 23 via Iron Pegasus Records. The band was formed in 1995 as a side project of Gezol, mainman of the legendary Japanese black metal act SABBAT, and quickly gained an incredible reputation and respect in the heavy metal underground. Their albums such as "Heavy Metal Drill", "Heavy Metal Chainsaw" and "Heavy Metal Bulldozer" already have cult status, while their song "Heavy Metal Hunter" became unofficial anthem of all heavy metal collectors around the world. "Bulldozing It True" was recorded live at the Keep It True festival (professional soundboard recording, multiple camera shoot), by an ultimate METALUCIFER lineup featuring Gezol, and current and former members of SABBAT, DESASTER, GORGON, MIDNIGHT RIDER and METAL INQUISITOR. The disc includes lot of bonus features such as rehearsal recordings, clips from other shows, etc. The set will be available as special DVD + LP or DVD + CD package.
- Blabbermouth reports French death metal maniacs NECROWRETCH will release their debut album, "Putrid Death Sorcery", in early 2013 via Century Media Records. The CD was recorded in late August at Blackout Multimedia studios in Brussels, Belgium by Phorgath of ENTHRONED. Commented NECROWRETCH guitarist/vocalist Vlad: "We are extremely pleased with the way the recordings took place in Brussels, as Phorgath of ENTHRONED put all his energy in this album and did everything possible to make those days in the studio a stainless experience. "A first album is always a turning point in the life of a band and we were willing to push everything one step further while remaining faithful to our influences, such as MERCILESS and GROTESQUE. We also wanted this album to be more personal and more varied than everything we have done in the past. All in all, I think the mission is accomplished! We are now looking forward to puke on the face of the earth what NECROWRETCH has to offer on a full-length album through songs such as 'Ripping Souls Of Sinners', 'Putrid Death Sorcery' or 'Spewed From Hell'. Our friend Milovan Novakovic from Montenegro is now working on the cover artwork and some shirts design that will symbolize our Putrid Death Metal!" Added Jerry Maréchal, A&R representative at Century Media in Europe: "Witnessing the band in the studio was a truly impressive experience, to say the least! It was like seeing a beast come to life and I can't wait to see the face of people when this beast will cross their paths!"
- Loudwire posts the top 20 songs for Nov 11th - 17th
- Loudwire posts the top 10 Lamb Of God songs
- Loudwire posts a review of Megadeth in New York City
- Classic Rock reports Roger Waters will bring The Wall to Wembley Stadium
- Classic Rock reports Status Quo consider Frantic Four world tour
- Classic Rock posts a new video from Zodiac N Black "Only The Lonely"
- Noisecreep posts a photo gallery of Mitch Lucker from Suicide Silence
- Noisecreep reports Killwhitneydead to celebrate 10 year anniversary with special collection
- Spinner posts Rock 'n' Roll Ripoffs: 10 cases of music plagiarism, from blatant to bizarre
- Spinner posts video of Alabama Shakes "Live In London"
- Rolling Stone reports Dead Sara's "Dream Come True": touring with Muse
- Rolling Stone reports Gary Clark, Jr. helps kick off new Sundance channel series
- Blabbermouth posts audio from Within Temptation covering Swedish House Mafia
- Blabbermouth posts behind-the-scenes footage of Megadeth in New York City
- Blabbermouth posts drum-cam footage of Shadows Fall's Jason Bittner with Anthrax: "The Devil You Know"
- Blabbermouth posts more footage from Sonata Arctica's European tour
- Blabbermouth posts behind-the-scenes video footage of Hellstar's "30 Years" European tour
- Blabbermouth posts the trailer for the debut album by Exxiles
- Blabbermouth posts a Colombian TV report on "Rock Al Rio" performance from Massacre
- Blabbermouth posts new music videos from 69 Eyes: "Borderline" and Free Fall: "Power & Volume" (Lyric Video),
- Blabbermouth posts performance footage from: Epica in Vancouver with a Persian bellydance and Cavalera Conspiracy in Rio De Janeiro
Read more quick hits at Classic Rock, Noisecreep