The Killers had to cut short a concert in Manchester, England on Tuesday night (November 13th) after just four songs because frontman Brandon Flowers could no longer sing. Flowers told the confused audience before leaving, "I'm sorry, I've never had to do this before but we've gotta stop. I can't sing. I don't know what else to tell you. I'm sorry. It's frustrating for me, I'm sorry. I promise that we will come back." A spokesperson later said that Flowers was suffering from a sore throat. Wednesday's (November 14th) show at the same venue was also canceled, with the band vowing to reschedule both. The group was expected to get back to work this weekend with two gigs in London. (Billboard) Read more at Spinner and Rolling Stone
- Stone Sour has released a music video for "Absolute Zero," a song off the new album House Of Gold And Bones, Part 1. Frontman Corey Taylor said, "'Absolute Zero' is the anti-hero anthem of House Of Gold And Bones, Part 1. It essentially lets you know that the hero isn't perfect, but he will do whatever is necessary. The video is loosely based on the fact that in the short story, the hero ends up in a very strange world and he has to figure out what's going on and what he'll do." House Of Gold And Bones, Part 1 is the first half of a double concept album, with the second half coming out next spring. (Blabbermouth) Read more at Loudwire, and Rolling Stone
- AWOLNation will be the musical guest on the Tuesday, December 11th edition of CBS-TV's Late Show With David Letterman. The performance will mark the television debut of their current Top 10 single, "Kill Your Heroes," and comes in the middle of a slew of radio festival appearances for the group, including stops in Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Seattle, Chicago, Boston and Baltimore.
- The new album from All That Remains, A War You Cannot Win, sold 25,000 copies in the U.S. in its first week of release to land at Number 13 on the Billboard 200 album chart on Wednesday (November 14th). The band's previous CD, For We Are Many, opened with 29,000 copies sold to enter the chart at Number 10. (Blabbermouth) Check out an interview at Loudwire
- System Of A Down guitarist Daron Malakian is working on a new album from his side band Scars On Broadway -- and doing it alone. Even though a touring version of the group is out now on the road with Deftones, Malakian is playing all the instruments on the second Scars album. He explained, "It was just this secret, personal thing I wanted to do for myself. I didn't want there to be any hype behind it." He added, "I could have just recorded music and put it out under my own name. But I actually want to tour these songs and get behind them. And I was ready to do another Scars On Broadway record." The debut disc from Scars came out in 2008, with the new one expected in 2013. (Loudwire) Read more at Blabbermouth
- A new eBook called Experiencing Nirvana: Grunge In Europe, 1989 is now available exclusively on Apple's iBookstore. The book is a photo journal of the band's first European tour featuring dozens of never-before-seen early photographs of Kurt Cobain and Nirvana's original lineup. A portion of the proceeds from book sales will go to the Vera Project in Seattle, which is an all-ages volunteer fueled music and arts venue. (FMQB)
CHECK IT OUT: Watch Brandon Flowers walk off the stage Tuesday night in Manchester, England:
See the new Stone Sour video for "Absolute Zero":
Watch the official music video for AWOLNation's "Kill Your Heroes":
Ann Wilson from Heart will sing the National Anthem at the Dallas Cowboys Thanksgiving Day Game Live on FOX. The game will kick off The Salvation Army's 122 Annual Red Kettle Campaign. Wilson's performance will be televised live nationally on FOX on November 22, 2012 at 3:15 pm CT.
Mick Jagger's love letters to Marsha Hunt, the woman who inspired the Rolling Stones' "Brown Sugar" are being sent to auction next month in England. According to The Guardian, the letters are from Jagger and were written in July and August 1969. They will be sold on December 12 at Sotheby's and are expected to get over $100K. Read more at Spinner and Rolling Stone
Neil Young and Crazy Horse have released another video from their album, Psychedelic Pill. The latest clip is for, "For The Love Of Man." Neil and Crazy Horse are currently on a North American tour.
- Blabbermouth reports the official lyric video for the song "Before I Die" from Californian rockers PAPA ROACH can be seen below. The band recently filmed a video for the track, which included an underwater scene. "Before I Die" comes off PAPA ROACH's new album, "The Connection", which sold 22,000 copies in its first week of release to debut at No. 17 on the Billboard album chart. PAPA ROACH performed for a worldwide live stream and took questions from fans on October 23 via YouTube, marking the first time the band played live since vocalist Jacoby Shaddix underwent surgery in September to remove nodes from his vocal cords. Shaddix's condition forced him to stop singing and led his band to drop off this past summer's Rockstar Energy Uproar Festival tour. Shaddix told The Pulse Of Radio that pulling out of that tour and going straight into surgery was probably the smartest thing he could have done. "Best decision I ever made," he said. "You know, it was a tough decision, but best decision. Went in and got the surgery — I was freaking out. I remember I was going into surgery, I'm like, tear rolling down my face, like, 'God, please guide this surgeon's hands,' cause, you know, I mean, shit could go bad real quick." Shaddix told Loudwire, "I couldn't talk at all so that sucked. It was the longest silence of my life since I was born; I just wanted to talk so bad." Even before his vocal problems started, Shaddixadmitted in several new interviews that he came close to committing suicide earlier in the year as he struggled with both marital problems and falling off the wagon.
- Blabbermouth reports a two-and-a-half-minute "Jornal da Globo" TV report on KISS' November 14 concert in Porto Alegre, Brazil can be seen below. "Monster", the 20th studio album from KISS, sold 56,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release to land at position No. 3 on The Billboard 200 chart. KISS' previous CD, "Sonic Boom", opened with 108,000 units back in October 2009 to enter the chart at No. 2. This marked the band's highest-charting LP ever. KISS has notched nine Top 10 albums, according to Billboard.com. Its previous highest-charting set was 1998's "Psycho Circus", which debuted and peaked at No. 3 with 110,000 copies in its first week, according to Nielsen SoundScan. The group's other high-charting sets include 1975's "Alive!" (No. 9), 1977's "Love Gun" (No. 4) and 1992's "Revenge"(No. 6).
- Blabbermouth reports Sweden Rock Festival is among the nominees for the "Best International Music Festival" award at the Concert Industry Awards from Pollstar, the only trade publication covering the worldwide concert industry. This is the first time a Swedish festival has been nominated for the prize. "It feels great," says Sweden Rock Festial CEO Mats Natvig. "We see this as an acknowledgement of our long term efforts to make Sweden Rock a comfortable festival with a high service level and friendly atmosphere for our audience and the artists. "In the last few years, Sweden Rock Festival has enjoyed increasing international recognition and we now get visitors from some 50 countries. This nomination should serve to further strengthen the Sweden Rock brand." Pollstar magazine was founded in 1981 and is the world's leading live music business magazine. Each year, it invites hundreds of randomly selected music business professionals to participate in nominating for the annual awards gala, Pollstar Concert Industry Awards in Los Angeles. The 2012 winners will be presented on February 7, 2013.
The nominees in the "Best International Music Festival" category for 2012 are:
* Sweden Rock Festival * Bluesfest Byron Bay (Australia) * Primavera Sound (Spain) * T In The Park (UK) * Tomorrowland (Belgium) * V Festivals (UK)
No Swedish festival has ever been nominated before, and this is the first time since the Roskilde nomination of 2006 that a Scandinavian festival is among the chosen few. The 22nd edition of the Sweden Rock Festival will take place in Sölvesbog, southern Sweden, on June 5-8, 2013. Around 70 bands will perform on five stages, and among the confirmed artists so far are KISS, RUSH, STATUS QUO, ACCEPT, SAXON, AMON AMARTH, UFO and KROKUS. For more information, see www.swedenrock.com.
- Blabbermouth reports In early September, Phil Collen, lead guitarist for the iconic rock band DEF LEPPARD, announced plans for the charitable auction of "Wings", a custom Jackson PC1 guitar that he had played throughout this summer's Rock Of Ages tour with POISON and LITA FORD. The auction began exclusively through eBay's "Giving Works" on September 5 and ended on the morning of September 15. Reaching beyond all expectations, the highest bidder paid an amazing $15,000 for the one-of-a-kind guitar. The lucky winner is New Zealand businessman Murray Bolton. Collen personally handed "Wings" over to Bolton a few weeks ago when Murray visited Collen's home. In an extraordinary act of charity, Phil included $5000 of his own to the auction's total in order to deliver a $20,000 check this Thursday, November 15 when he performs live at the San Diego-based Gerson Institute. "I am very excited to present this check to the people at the Gerson Institute," said Collen. "Meeting Murray and handing over 'Wings' was bittersweet. I really grew to love that guitar but am so happy that it's going to a great home and the money will help so many more people." November is Pancreatic Cancer Awareness Month, a more than appropriate time for Collen himself to introduce the auction's winner and present the check to the Gerson Institute, a San Diego based non-profit organization dedicated to promoting the Gerson Therapy, an alternative treatment for cancer and other degenerative diseases. In early 2012, Jake Willoughby, a guitar and music store owner, asked Collen if he would assist in helping to raise money towards the fight against cancer with Jake's mother, Connie, having just passed away from pancreatic cancer after a courageous 13-month fight. By tragic coincidence, Phil's own father, Kenneth, succumbed to the same disease in 2004. Jake donated a Phil Collen signature guitar, the Jackson PC1 from his music store. In the spirit of hope, it was named "Wings". Mike Learn, a noted artist whose graphics are well known in the guitar world, donated the graphic custom paint job on the guitar. Ironically, Mike also lost two family members to the same disease. Read more at Ultimate Classic Rock
- Blabbermouth reports the song "Bitch" from punk metal derelicts TOXIC HOLOCAUST will be clawing its way through your speakers during next week's episode of FX drama series "Sons Of Anarchy" (season 5; episode 11). Comments TOXIC band leader Joel Grind: "We are all excited to announce the inclusion of our song 'Bitch' in the upcoming episode of 'Sons Of Anarchy'. All of us are huge fans of the show and this season especially seems to be upping the ante with each episode." Tune in to FX on Tuesday, November 20 at 10:00 p.m. EST/PST to check it out. "Sons Of Anarchy" is based on the lives of a close-knit outlaw motorcycle club from a fictional town in California's Central Valley. The show centers on then-vice president Jackson "Jax" Teller (Charlie Hunnam), who begins questioning the club and himself. "Sons Of Anarchy" premiered in the fall of 2008 and has since become FX's highest rated series ever. "Bitch" comes off TOXIC HOLOCAUST's mercilessly abrasive "Conjure And Command" full-length, released last year via Relapse Records. The record, which Revolver praised for its "nuclear reactive riffage and Repo Man punk attitude," continues to reap critical hails. "Conjure And Command" is available across several formats including a limited edition, deluxe CD and DVD set that includes a full TOXIC HOLOCAUST live show.
- Blabbermouth reports ANTHRAX drummer Charlie Benante will appear at Vic's Drum Shop's Paiste Day in Chicago, Illinois on Saturday, November 17 from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Says Vic's Drum Shop: "Stop by and say hello to Charlie while browsing our massive Paiste selection. Representatives from Paiste will also be on hand to answer questions and discuss cymbals. All in-stock Paiste cymbals will be discounted below our everyday low prices." ANTHRAX has tapped former TESTAMENT/SLAYER and current ANIMETAL USA drummer Jon Dette to sit behind the kit for the veteran thrash metal band's European tour as the support act for MOTÖRHEAD, which kicked off on November 5 in Wolverhampton, England. Dette is "kicking ass" as a temporary replacement for longtime Benante, who "is home taking care of personal stuff," according to ANTHRAX guitarist Scott Ian. Benante and his wife were arrested on July 27 at the Hilton Garden Inn in Elkhart, Indiana for domestic battery in front of a child. The drummer later issued a statement through his attorney claiming that he "was assaulted several times during an altercation that sent him to the emergency room with a gash at the back of his head that required several staples to close." Charlie and ANTHRAX bassist Frank Bello (who is Benante's nephew) missed several shows on ANTHRAX's North American tour in February in order to spend time with Charlie's mother, who was terminally ill. On February 4, Benante informed fans via his official web site that his mother passed away. More recently, Benante was forced to miss a number of shows on this past summer's Rockstar Energy Drink Mayhem Festival while he was recovering from a minor hand injury. Filling in for him was SHADOWS FALL drummer Jason Bittner.
- Blabbermouth reports WALKWAYS, an "alternative metal" band from Israel, has recorded a cover version of "Skyfall", ADELE's official theme song to the James Bond film of the same name. The WALKWAYS rendition's accompanying video was released last week and can be seen below. Formed in 2007, the WALKWAYS members are "driven with a goal to keep sane and evolve into more human and moral people while writing their music — the soundtrack of the highs and falls of their lives," according to the band's official bio.
Vocals - Ran Yerushalmi Guitar - Bar Caspi Guitar - Yoni Menner Bass - Avihai Levy Drums - Priel Horesh
"Skyfall" video (WALKWAYSversion):
"Skyfall" audio stream (ADELE's original version):
- Blabbermouth reports KILL DEVIL HILL, the new band featuring legendary drummer Vinny Appice (DIO, BLACK SABBATH, HEAVEN & HELL) alongside Rex Brown (PANTERA, DOWN) on bass, Mark Zavon (RATT, W.A.S.P., 40 CYCLE HUM) on guitar and Jason "Dewey" Bragg (PISSING RAZORS) on vocals, recently wrapped up a North American tour in support of their self-titled debut album, which was released earlier this year via Steamhammer/SPV. The band has created a series of lyric videos for all of the songs from the CD. Over the course of several weeks, these clips are being premiered exclusively at RevolverMag.com, the online home of Revolver magazine. Today the video for the song "Voodoo Doll" has been unveiled and can be seen below. KILL DEVIL HILL will hit the road again in November, playing select headline dates and supporting legendary shock rocker Alice Cooper. This jaunt kicks off November 23 and runs through December 1. The self-titled debut album from KILL DEVIL HILL sold around 1,800 copies in the United States in its first week of release. The CD landed at position No. 9 on the Top New Artist Albums (Heatseekers) chart, which lists the best-selling albums by new and developing artists, defined as those who have never appeared in the Top 100 of The Billboard 200. "Kill Devil Hill" was produced by Warren Riker, who is best known for his work with DOWN, CORROSION OF CONFORMITY, SUBLIME and CATHEDRAL. The effort was made available in a standard CD edition, as an iTunes digital download, and double gatefold LP. According to Appice, KILL DEVIL HILL's sound is "like a cross between BLACK SABBATH, ALICE IN CHAINS and a little bit of LED ZEPPELIN thrown in. It's heavy, but with a lot of cool hooks and melodic overtones, too." The members of KILL DEVIL HILL previously stated about their songwriting and recording approach, "We are going old school meets new; no sample drums here!!"
KILL DEVIL HILL is:
* Jason "Dewey" Bragg (PISSING RAZORS) - Vocals * Mark Zavon (RATT, W.A.S.P., 40 CYCLE HUM) - Guitar * Rex Brown (DOWN, PANTERA) - Bass * Vinny Appice(HEAVEN & HELL, BLACK SABBATH, DIO) – Drums
- Blabbermouth reports with a storming new stomp in their boots and a renewed, lithe swagger to their legendary sound, British heavy metal legends SAXON will release "Sacrifice" in February 2013 through UDR. Taking a sharper, re-invigorated approach to the production, on this, their 20th album, SAXON have produced 10 of their strongest, heaviest and most inspired songs for many-a-year, and a more than worthy successor to their last album "A Call To Arms". "Less tricks, more power!" roars frontman and founding father Biff Byford. "My brief to the band was to be raw, be real and not be afraid to look back at the old classic material for inspiration." The album was recorded at LS Studios in Yorkshire and was produced by Byford, with Andy Sneap mixing and engineering by Jacky Lehmann. It fairly bristles with muscular metallic intent, Paul Quinn's and Doug Scarratt's guitar work the best it's ever been, while Biff's vocals sound fresher and livelier. The songwriting too harks back to a classic era in SAXON's history, with the likes of "Warriors Of The Road", "Wheels Of Terror" and "Stand Up And Fight" evoking the halcyon days of yore with a contemporary twist, the classic SAXON sound absorbing the snarl, ferocity and attitude of contemporary bands (and fans) such as MEGADETH, as evidenced by the crunching title cut, "Sacrifice". "It's certainly been done from a more early '80s thrashier perspective," explains Biff, "and it's not just guitars bashing away willy-nilly, they've got a fresh drive, purpose and perspective." Besides the new material, SAXON will also be adding some unique recordings of revisited classic to certain formats of the release, also produced by Byford and mastered by Andy Sneap, including an orchestrated version of "Crusader" and an acoustic version of "Frozen Rainbow". "From the songs to the production, I wanted to focus on the raw aspects which made us great in the first place," concludes Biff, "And living in that rawness, combined with some great classic SAXON songwriting, has in my opinion made SAXON fresher than ever." The "Sacrifice" cover artwork was created by longtime SAXON artist Paul Raymond Gregory and can be seen below.
"Sacrifice" track listing:
01. Procession 02. Sacrifice 03. Made In Belfast 04. Warriors Of The Road 05. Guardians Of The Tomb 06. Stand Up And Fight 07. Walking The Steel 08. Night Of The Wolf 09. Wheels Of Terror 10. Standing In A Queue
* Luck Of The Draw (on iTunes only)
01. Crusader (orchestrated version) 02. Just Let Me Rock (re-recorded version) 03. Requiem (acoustic version) 04. Frozen Rainbow (acoustic version) 05. Forever Free(re-recorded version)
- Blabbermouth reports Finnish/Swedish melodic metallers STRATOVARIUS have finished mastering their new album at Finnvox studio in Helsinki, Finland with Mika Jussila (NIGHTWISH, AMORPHIS, SENTENCED). According to the band, the follow-up to 2011's "Elysium" "sounds awesome!" A spring 2013 release is expected. STRATOVARIUS's new DVD, "Under Flaming Winter Skies - Live In Tampere", recently entered the Music DVD chart in Finland at position No. 1. Released on June 29 via earMUSIC, "Under Flaming Winter Skies - Live In Tampere" marks the end of an era as well as a new beginning. Hits and classics like "Under Flaming Skies", "Speed Of Light" and "Hunting High And Low" as well as exclusive bonus material (30-minute documentary about the band's history, exclusive interviews with each member as well as a special comment from drummer Jörg Michael about the reasons to leave the band) makes it a must-have for every fan and a real collector's item not to be missed.
STRATOVARIUS in June announced the addition of 24-year-old drummer Rolf Pilve to the group's ranks. STRATOVARIUS and AMARANTHE will join forces for a "double headline" European tour next spring. The "Nordic Nexus Of Nemesis Tour 2013" will kick off on March 20 in Munich, Germany.
- Blabbermouth reports Finnish production company Illume Oy has acquired exclusive rights to make a film about Finnish heavy metal monsters LORDI. The film follows the band and its leading man, Mr. Lordi, behind the scenes for the first time. It will include new archive material from Tomi Putaansuu's childhood and from the very birth of the band twenty years ago. The international project's premiere is planned for spring 2014. Filming has taken place in Finland and elsewhere in Europe as well as in the U.S. Development support has come from Finnish funders and also from the MEDIA programme of the European Union. The director, Antti Haase, is an award winner, for example, Film Australia Documentary Award and Luleå Art Bienniale. Producers for Illume Oy are Venla Hellstedt and Jouko Aaltonen. Haase says: "When we were children, Mr. Lordi was the one and only friend who passionately wanted to be a monster. I believe that Lordi's story will appeal to everyone who refuses to give up their dreams, despite the greatest obstacles." Mr. Lordi says: "We wanted to lift the curtain on the band's image at long last and enlighten the reality behind the masks and the costumes that is sometimes not so glamorous. Never before have we let cameras in to follow our life so closely. Antti is the best director for this film, because he knows where the band and I spring from. Our childhood homes are just a few hundred meters apart in Rovaniemi, Lapland." For more information, visit www.lordifilm.com.
- Blabbermouth reports SLEDGE LEATHER, the Los Angeles/San Francisco-based project featuring singer Leather Leone (CHASTAIN, RUDE GIRL, MALIBU BARBI) and drummer Sandy Sledge (RUDE GIRL, MALIBU BARBI, WARBRIDE, WEAPONSVAN), has begun writing material for its second full-length album, scheduled for 2013. Leone and Sledge have already written four new tracks out of the nine new songs scheduled for as-yet-untitled concept CD. SLEDGE LEATHER has launched a Kickstarter fundraiser campaign on to help complete production for the release. The campaign will run through December 18 and offers fans an opportunity to purchase some great items. Some pledges include classic releases long out of print, new material, and Leather's classic leather jacket dating back to RUDE GIRL and her time before CHASTAIN. SLEDGE LEATHER was embraced by media and radio contacts everywhere with the "Imagine Me Alive" CD and DVD releases. The band's debut engulfs the listener in an onslaught of heavy metal that resurrects a classic heavy metal sound with contributions from former DIO bandmembers Scott Warren (keyboards) and Jimmy Bain (bass), both of whom return for the new release. Says Sledge: "'Imagine Me Alive' shows the different ways that Leather's voice can create music." Leather adds: "This new record will kick that in the ass and take us further." "Imagine Me Alive" was inspired in 2010 when Leone called Sledge to collaborate on the Ronnie James Dio track "Egypt" for a demo tribute recording. Due to the overwhelming response for more material, SLEDGE LEATHER was born and were confirmed for Germany's Keep It Truefestival in April 2011.
- Blabbermouth reports Sweden's Helsingborg Arena will open November 30 with a magnificent gala evening, led by SOILWORK/THE NIGHT FLIGHT ORCHESTRA members Björn Strid and David Andersson (guitar), along with former NIGHTWISH vocalist Anette Olzon. "We are very excited to get to share the stage with so many great artists, from so many different genres," says Björn. "We will perform unique interpretations of both SOILWORK and THE NIGHT FLIGHT ORCHESTRA songs in the opening." Adds Anette: "When I was asked to perform in the opening gala, I got so happy and proud but also really sad when it clashed with mine and NIGHTWISH South American tour. Now when me and NIGHTWISH have gone separate ways, the window again opened and I am so happy to stand in the arena in front of all dear people from Helsingborg. And for the very first time I will perform my own solo songs that has never been performed before, so it is a very special evening for me in every way." Helsingborg Arena started to be built in 2009 and is Helsingborg's new main arena for indoor sports, concerts, events, meetings and other events. The location and the arenas multi-functionality has opened for it to be a new meeting place for the cities citizens and incoming guests. The arena holds up to 5,500 people.
- Blabbermouth reports Justin Sullivan, lead singer of the English band NEW MODEL ARMY, will contribute guest vocals to the song "The Windswept Mercy" on the new SOILWORK double album, "The Living Infinite". The CD, which is currently being tracked with producer Jens Bogren (OPETH, AMON AMARTH, BLOODBATH), will mark the recording debut of SOILWORK's longtime touring guitarist David Andersson (THE NIGHT FLIGHT ORCHESTRA). Formed in 1980 in Bradford, England, NEW MODEL ARMY was and still has a very loyal following and SOILWORK frontman Björn "Speed" Strid counts himself among it. Sullivan shares the serendipitous back-story on how he met up with Sweden's melodic metal maestros SOILWORK: "Some years ago, I met Björn somewhere in the deserts of the southwestern U.S. I expect we both had good reasons for being there — though things like reason get swallowed up in the strangeness of deserts. Anyway, I'm sure we were talking about deserts and the idea of desert music as Europeans always have an unending fascination with these wondrous alien places. 'Would you sing on a SOILWORK record?' he asked. 'Yes, of course,' I replied, and so, many years later, I suddenly get an e-mail from SOILWORK in a studio in Stockholm at exactly the same moment NMA were in a studio in London. And by a miracle of technology was able to do a quick vocal on this great and strangely beautiful song. "Perhaps you beat me to the desert music thing after all, Björn. Love the track. All the best." Adds Strid: "It's a true honor to have one of my absolute favorite lyricists and singers, Justin Sullivan from NEW MODEL ARMY, contributing with guest vocals for our new album. I have been a longtime fan and I recall growing up in the small Swedish city of Landskrona, where so many people listened to the first wave of death metal AND NEW MODEL ARMY, including myself. "I met Justin at a NEW MODEL ARMY show in Phoenix, Arizona three years ago and we talked quite a bit. He listened very patiently to my story. He also ran out to his tour bus to get his new solo album and gave it to me. I will never forget that. "The man is a true legend, a gentleman, and he has a very unique presence in his voice, on stage and in his lyrics. The fact that he wanted to lend his amazing voice to 'The Windswept Mercy' brought me to tears. He will forever be my hero!"
Next year's world-tour launch in North America marks SOILWORK's first headlining run in this territory in almost three years. The 54-show trek through the U.S. and Canada will feature support from JEFF LOOMIS, BLACKGUARD, THE BROWNING and WRETCHED.
- Blabbermouth reports post-metal prog act INTRONAUT will release its fourth full-length album, "Habitual Levitations (Instilling Words With Tones)", in North America on March 19, 2013 via Century Media Records. Drums for the CD were recorded by producer John Haddad (EXHUMED, PHOBIA) and Derek Donley (BEREFT) handled recording for all other elements on the record. It was mixed by Josh Newell and artwork and layout will be done by David D'Andrea, who has worked with the band on previous albums. INTRONAUT recently posted a rehearsal video, where they are practicing a new song that will be featured on "Habitual Levitations (Instilling Words With Tones)" . The footage can be seen below. INTRONAUT's last studio album, "Valley Of Smoke", was met with vast critical acclaim and the band toured extensively in support of the album. In addition to landing a slot as direct support for TOOL, INTRONAUT toured with ANIMALS AS LEADERS, CYNIC, THE OCEAN, HELMET and more. INTRONAUT is confirmed for next year's Roadburn festival in Holland and will be doing a full European tour around the event with THE ATLAS MOTH and CASTLE.
- Blabbermouth reports Century Media Records has announced the signing of Swedish black metallers WATAIN. The band's much-anticipated fifth studio album will be made available next year via His Master's Noise in collaboration with Century Media. Commented WATAIN: "We are writing this from a magical place of desolation and desert-like vastness, where wondrous things are at this very moment taking place. Things that will come to colour our world as well as yours in the strangest hues for many years to come. We are entering this new chapter of WATAIN with a will and confidence to make it the most diverse and rememberable so far. And with the things that we have in mind for the future, it looks like it will be just so. Just wait and see, fuckers! Loud and terrible shall the trumpets of Devil's sound..." Adds Antje Lange, general manager of Century Media Europe: "Century Media is massively excited to work with WATAIN. This band has it all: charisma, the firm will to conquer the world, and an authenticity you rarely find these days. Mixed with their creativity and musical impact, this band will make it to the top. They are a healthy slap in the face for any metal bourgeois. We are ready to kill for them!" States Don Robertson, president of Century Media in USA: "I am very proud and excited to welcome WATAIN to the Century Media family. There are few bands that remind me of when I first discovered metal as a teenager that could give me the same feeling of extreme release and evil such as SLAYER, VENOM and MERCYFUL FATE did. WATAIN is one of those rare bands and I look forward to being a part of their growing career and helping today's future metalhead find their way!" WATAIN released a new DVD, "Opus Diaboli", in North America on June 5. The production commemorates the band's 13 years of chaos by providing a visual and audio documentation of their ceremonial anniversary concert performance in Stockholm and the long years of physical, intellectual and spiritual work leading up to it. "Opus Diaboli" is an epic 90-minute journey into the forbidden realms of wild-hearted Satanic metal and the manifestation of a unique band that has truly chosen a path few have ever dared to tread upon.
- Blabbermouth reports Listenable Records has announced the signing of French metal innovators SUPURATION.
Don't be fooled by the band monicker, SUPURATION do not specialize in unleashing short grind-gore blasts but deliver more of measured yet muscular balanced metal through a more profound, subtile and enigmatic musical world. Former in Valenciennes in the north of France in 1989, SUPURATION, or its more progressive incarnation S.U.P., has issued a number of records over its 20-year career, developing a series of conceptual releases called "The Cube". "The Cube 3" will see the light of day in 2013, exactly 20 years after the debut album release, which launched the story of "The Cube" and 10 years after a conceptually similar release "Incubation" in 2003. Popular for its massive wall of guitars and tasteful vocal delivery making it sound like an unexpected mixture of a crushing CARCASS and an intimate PINK FLOYD, SUPURATION has become a cult name in the live circuit by not playing out very frequently and delivering mesmerizing and unique performances.
- Blabbermouth reports VOICES, the new U.K. black metal project featuring AKERCOCKE/MY DYING BRIDE drummer David Gray alongside AKERCOCKE members Peter Benjamin and Sam Loynes (also of DIMINISHED FIFTH), has inked a deal with Candlelight Records. The band's forthcoming debut album, "Voices From The Human Forest Create A Fugue Of Imaginary Rain", was recorded at Legacy Studios, located in the heart of the historic Old Street in central London. VOICES were formed in London in 2011 as a new experiment from Benjamin, Gray and Loynes, also joined by London producer Dan Abela of Legacy Studios. The mission is to create a deep brand of cold and confronting music, part hypnotic yet often disturbing, focusing from an avant-garde take upon black metal, whilst always striving to explore a wide musical spectrum. As the band state: "We have some immense plans for future creativity, ruling out no potential musical style or influence. We hope to never be bound by convention and thus remaining truly extreme through this unique and open-minded disposition." Setting out head-first into new and daring terrain from the notorious past musical outfits, VOICES promises an extraordinary ride using the albums 55 minutes of playing time as a vessel by which our negative journey into the human forest can be witnessed. Expect moments of intense brutality, frenzied 360bpm blasts beats conjoined with crippling caveman guitars juxtaposed with subliminal dissonance. Vocals that articulate the insanity of despair, contrasted with ethereal glimpses of melancholic beauty through bold and layered singing. Destructive yet fragile, VOICES resonate a new direction and individual take upon the often constrained arena of extreme metal. Lyrically the debut album deals in themes spawned from being truly outside of conventional points of view and a certain disconnect with any form of human emotions. The self-destructive streak within us, in turn drives us and all these torturous burdens have created this first set of intense and uncompromising songs. Commented the band: "We are excited to be working with the legendary Candlelight Records. It's a greatly profound occasion for us to be sharing a label alongside some of our own and long-serving musical influences. Each member of the band has been listening to Candlelight artists for years and has great appreciation and respect of the label’s direction and continuing legacy. From here, we hope to spread our message throughout the world via the mighty platform provided by Candlelight Records. And therefore we now have some colossal ventures and goals on the horizon... Expect VOICESto always bring deeply innovative and unusual extreme metal infiltrated by the strain of London life, pushing this sound into the forefront of the global metal world."
- Blabbermouth reports Century Media Records has announced the signing of DEEZ NUTS. The brainchild of vocalist JJ Peters, the band was formed after his previous group, acclaimed Australian metalcore outfit I KILLED THE PROM QUEEN, decided to split up in early 2008. DEEZ NUTS' third album, "Bout It", was produced by Shane Frisby (BURY YOUR DEAD, THE GHOST INSIDE) at The Brick Hit House in Massachusetts is scheduled for release in Europe in the first quarter of 2013. Arguably the band's most diverse work to date, the CD features guest appearances by Freddy Cricien (MADBALL), Sam Carter (ARCHITECTS) and Jon Blake (ON BROKEN WINGS), among others. Says Peters: "DEEZ NUTS and myself are extremely proud to announce we've joined the family over at Century Media and will finally have a label to call home in Europe and the U.K. for our upcoming full-length, 'Bout It'. Look at what we've achieved in Europe and U.K. doin' it DIY. With Century Media in our corner, there's no stopping us."
DEEZ NUTS are:
JJ Peters - vocals Matt "Realbad" Rogers - guitar
Jon Green - bass Alex Salinger - drums
- Blabbermouth reports German power metallers HELLOWEEN will release their new album, "Straight Out Of Hell", in Europe on January 18 and in North America on January 22, 2013. The cover artwork — which was once again created by Martin Häusler, who previously worked with the band on the "7 Sinners" and "Gambling With The Devil" CDs — is being revealed in four parts over a four-day period starting yesterday (Wednesday, November 14). Check out the second part below. The band states, "The cover literally is the bomb!" "Straight Out Of Hell" is described in a press release as "a work full of speed and toughness, with optimism and great joy of playing, featuring complex arrangements, strong hooks and plenty of catchy melodies. Or, to let the facts speak for themself: 13 mostly fast-paced songs that turn out to be impressively multi-layered and will completely delight all HELLOWEEN fans, due to the different songwriters Andi Deris, founding members Michael Weikath and Markus Grosskopf, and guitarist Sascha Gerstner." Says Weikath: "'Straight Out Of Hell' is the consequent development of the two albums before. '7 Sinners' was recorded more or less in the wake of 'Gambling With The Devil', while the new songs are a continuation of the '7 Sinners' directives, only a little less doom bound and noticeably more positive. These songs will kick even the laziest listener's ass." HELLOWEEN recently completed work on the video for the CD's first single, the six-minute opus "Nabataea".
"Straight Out Of Hell" track listing:
02. World Of War 03. Live Now! 04. Far From The Stars 05. Burning Sun 06. Waiting For The Thunder
07. Hold Me In Your Arms 08. Wanna Be God 09. Straight Out Of Hell 10. Asshole 11. Years 12. Make Fire Catch The Fly 13. Church Breaks Down
Limited-edition bonus tracks:
14. Another Shot Of Life
15. Burning Sun (Hammond version; dedicated to Jon Lord)
On the live front, meanwhile, HELLOWEEN (fresh from appearing at prestigious Japanese festival Loud Park) will be returning to the road in March 2013 — the first part of a world tour set to kick off in mainland Europe, with GAMMA RAY as special guests. The follow-up to the "Hellish Rock" tour of 2007/2008, this extended outing ("Hellish Rock Part II") will bring the band to the U.K. on April 16 for a one-off date at the London Forum.
- Blabbermouth reports Swedish metallers DEATHDESTRUCTION will enter Bohus Sound studios in Kungälv, Sweden on Monday, November 19 with producer Roberto Laghi (IN FLAMES, HARDCORE SUPERSTAR, LOK, SONIC SYNDICATE) to begin recording their sophomore album for a 2013 release. DEATHDESTRUCTION recently announced the addition of singer Tony Jelencovich to the group's ranks. Commented the band: "Tony is a friend to the band, and he has truly made a mark in the Gothenburg scene with bands like B-THONG, TRANSPORT LEAGUE and MASSIVE AUDIO NERVE. He's also worked with bands like MNEMIC and the Russian band ICON IN ME. "Tony has everything we look for in a lead singer and a frontman, so the choice was just so easy when we had to find ourselves a new singer. We're totally stoked about what he will contribute to DEATHDESTRUCTION! This is going to be so fucking good, people!!" Added Tony: "I'm really happy and excited to be the new singer and frontman in DEATHDESTRUCTION! This is now, and the new tracks will swing, groove and be hard like God's own dick!!!" Vocalist Jimmie Strimell quit DEATHDESTRUCTION in June in order to focus on his other band, DEAD BY APRIL.
DEATHDESTRUCTION last year inked a deal with the Swedish branch of Sony Music Entertainment. The band's three-song EP, "Fuck Yeah", was released in April 2011 and was followed by the group's self-titled debut album in August. The CD was recorded at IN FLAMES' IF Studios with Laghi.
* Tony Jelencovich (B-THONG, TRANSPORT LEAGUE, MASSIVE AUDIO NERVE) - Vocals * Henrik Danhage (ex-EVERGREY) - Guitar * Fredrik "Loppan" Larsson (HAMMERFALL) - Bass * Jonas Ekdahl (ex-EVERGREY) - Drums
- Blabbermouth reports Greek melodic metallers FIREWIND — who feature in their ranks current OZZY OSBOURNE guitarist Gus G. — have released the following statement: "Due to circumstances beyond the band's control, FIREWIND's previously announced tour of Australia [which was scheduled to take place in April 2013] has been postponed. The band members are all extremely disappointed as they were all looking forward to playing their first shows Down Under and promise to make it up to their Australian fans with rescheduled dates as soon as possible." FIREWIND's new album, "Few Against Many", entered the official chart in Greece at No. 42 and in Germany at No. 90. Released in Europe on May 21 via Century Media Records and in North America on May 22 through DisManic, Inc. via eOne Distribution, the CD was mixed by Jason Suecof and Eyal Levi at Audiohammer Studios (TRIVIUM, ALL THAT REMAINS, DEATH ANGEL) in Sanford, Florida. Produced by Gus, "Few Against Many" was recorded with his longtime bandmates, vocalist Apollo Papathanasio, keyboardist/guitarist Bob Katsionis and bassist Petros Christo, at Valve Studio in Greece as well as the Sweetspot Studios in Sweden and sees the band expanding on its signature melodic sound with some of its most aggressive songs to date. The CD also marks the recording debut of new FIREWIND drummer Johan Nunez (NIGHTRAGE).
- Blabbermouth reports Swedish melodic death metallers DARK TRANQUILLITY have released the following statement:
"It is with great frustration that we have to announce the cancellation of our participation in the planned European tour 'Metal Attack Over Europe'. "The reasons are several. The main tour promoter has failed in making the necessary practical and logistical arrangements needed for the tour to happen. Due to the lack of reliable information and substandard promotion, ticket sales have been surprisingly low. We can't just embark on a one-month, five-band trek risking to be met by closed venues or not being 100% sure that the necessary arrangements for the shows even to happen are in place. The fact that WARBRINGER had to cancel didn't help the situation. "We understand that many people will be disappointed, and so are we. Rest assured that our booking agent has been doing his outmost to save the tour and try to sort things out, but the sad reality is that we're left with no choice but to cancel. We are truly sorry about this situation." DARK TRANQUILLITY digitally released the "Zero Distance" EP on October 22 in North America. Taken from the European tour edition of "We Are The Void" (2010), the five tracks on the EP are a must-have for any diehard DARK TRANQUILLITY fan. DARK TRANQUILLITY will enter the studio in early 2013 to begin recording its new album for a tentative summer release. The band's ninth CD, "We Are The Void", sold around 2,100 copies in the United States in its first week of release. The effort landed at position No. 15 on the Top New Artist Albums (Heatseekers) chart, which lists the best-selling albums by new and developing artists, defined as those who have never appeared in the Top 100 of The Billboard 200.
- Blabbermouth reports Massacre Records has announced the signing of the Croatia-based thrash metal act INFERNAL TENEBRA.
Brutally honest, creative and constantly evolving, INFERNAL TENEBRA withstood the test of time in the metal underground, originating with pure black metal in 1999, adding a death metal foundation in the following years. INFERNAL TENEBRA has shared the stage with a vast number of metal icons, including KREATOR, VADER, SYMPHONY X, EXODUS, BLIND GUARDIAN, AGATHODAIMON, PRO-PAIN and GRAVE DIGGER, and played festivals like Bloodstock Open Air, Metalcamp and Metalfest.
With two independently released albums, "Beneath The Twilight" and "The Essence Of Chaos", INFERNAL TENEBRA is heading to a new chapter with the upcoming CD, "New Formed Revelations", which will be made available on December 7.
INFERNAL TENEBRA is:
Darko Etinger - Guitar, Vocals Paolo Grizonic - Bass
Ivo Petrovic - Guitars Sandi Orbanic - Drums
- Blabbermouth reports according to Billboard.biz, Mike Easterlin, head of promotion at Roadrunner Records, has been named the general manager of the label following departure of president Jonas Nachsin. Easterlin, who recently became GM of Fueled By Ramen, will oversee both Roadrunner and Fueled By Ramen and will work with Roadrunner senior VP of A&R David Rath and senior VP of marketing & creative services Madelyn Scarpulla in running the label. Easterlin came to Roadrunner in 2007 when the label merged its promotion staff with Lava/Atlantic's where he had worked as senior VP of promotion since 2005.
Roadrunner's April 2012 "restructuring" under Warner Music Group resulted in roughly 36 staff members worldwide being let go and several regional offices being closed (including the office in the U.K.). In addition, Roadrunner Records founder/CEO Cees Wessels left the label 17 months after the completion of its sale to the Warner Music Group. Initially founded in the Netherlands in 1980, Roadrunner Records earned its place as one of the most prominent international independent record labels. The Roadrunner catalog boasts early releases from such seminal artists as KING DIAMOND, TYPE O NEGATIVE, SEPULTURA and ANNIHILATOR. More recently, the label has experienced unprecedented success with multi-platinum artists NICKELBACK and SLIPKNOT, gold-certified STONE SOUR and KILLSWITCH ENGAGE, as well as modern heavy hitters TRIVIUM and MACHINE HEAD.
- Ultimate Classic Rock reports new version of Queen’s "We Will Rock You" recorded for NFL 2012/2013 season
- Noisecreep reports Paul Stanley still feels like a "Freak"
- Noisecreep posts Our Last Night tour diary: Free massages, parties and Hurricane Sandy
- Spinner reports Danko Jones, Jack White: Raconteurs covered his song "Samuel Sin"
- Rolling Stone reports Trey Anastasio opens up about past drug addiction
- Rolling Stone posts a flashback: Lou Reed and Pete Townshend unplug on "Pale Blue Eyes"
- Rolling Stone reports My Morning Jacket's Jim James wants solo debut to "Feel Useful"
- Blabbermouth posts video of Steel Panther's Satchel's rig rundown
- Blabbermouth posts the second video from Machine Head's Robb Flynn's recovery. Read more at Loudwire
- Blabbermouth posts video of Derrek Roddy performing at the "London Drum Show"
- Blabbermouth posts pictures of Corrosion Of Conformity's "Feed On" video shoot
- Blabbermouth posts the first "Ride The Void" track-by-track video breakdown by Holy Grail
- Blabbermouth posts the promotional video for the "20th Anniversary - Special Edition" from Royal Hunt
- Blabbermouth posts new music videos from Cadaveria: "Flowers In Fire"
- Blabbermouth posts interviews with Halestorm, Mike Portnoy, Geoff Tate on destroying Queensryche's name, Rob Trujillo's wife on her art, Megadeth drummer on singers Obama comments and touring with Metallica, Motorhead, Jason Bonham on touring with Black Country Communion without Joe Bonamassa (Read more at Classic Rock), Dio Disciples, Michael Shenker, Asking Alexandria singer on the death of Mitch Lucker, Trivium singer, Trivium guitarist Corey Beaulieu, Gwar singer, Europe singer Joey Tempest, Epica and Monuments
- Blabbermouth posts performance footage from Battle Beast's first performance with new singer Noora Louhimo and Raven frontman with A Sound Of Thunder in North Carolina
Read more quick hits at Noisecreep and Spinner