Subscribe to channel
- Blabbermouth reports according to Interbridge.com's "The Late Night TV Page", AEROSMITH singer Steven Tyler and guitarist Joe Perry will guest on the November 2 edition of the ABC daytime talk show "The View".. Check your local listings for details. AEROSMITH will complete their contract with Columbia Records on November 6 with the release of the band's new album, "Music From Another Dimension", and the group may join the ranks of acts like RADIOHEAD, NINE INCH NAILS and PEARL JAM who have left the major label world behind. According to The Pulse Of Radio, AEROSMITH singer Steven Tyler told reporters on a conference call earlier in the month that "if the band stays together, yeah, we'll definitely go that route, something somewhere over there. We've been keeping record companies stocked with millions of shekels for years, been making a lot of people rich — not that we haven't, but every now and then you get into arguments with labels (and) you think, 'Where is all this money going?' We've definitely thought of putting stuff out." Guitarist Joe Perry was more cautious about the idea, however, saying, "We've talked about every idea you can think of out there, and we really don't know. There's so many different directions we can go." "Music From Another Dimension" is AEROSMITH's first album of all-new material in 11 years, although three singles released so far from the disc — "Legendary Child", "What Could Have Been Love" and "Lover Alot" — have failed to catch fire at radio stations. The band will begin a new leg of touring on November 8 in Oklahoma City, and plans to follow that with a world tour in 2013.
- Blabbermouth reports original KISS drummer Peter Criss will guest on the nationally syndicated radio show "Rockline" with host Bob Coburn on Wednesday, December 19 at 8:30 p.m. PT / 11:30 p.m. ET. Fans are encouraged to speak with Criss by calling 1-800-344-ROCK (7625). The show will be streamed on the "Rockline" web site for two weeks beginning the afternoon after the live broadcast. For more information, visit RocklineRadio.com. An excerpt from Criss's memoir, "Makeup To Breakup: My Life In And Out Of Kiss", can be found at RollingStone.com. "Makeup To Breakup: My Life In And Out Of Kiss" was released on October 23 via the Simon & Schuster imprint Scribner. A press release promises, "From sex, drugs, and rock 'n roll to multiple brushes with death, 'Makeup To Breakup' will be Peter Criss' unvarnished and eye-opening life story." An excerpt from the book's first chapter can be found at Amazon.com. Criss wrote the 320-page hardcover book with the help of Larry "Ratso" Sloman. When Criss was inducted on January 14 as part of the latest Drum Legend class during the grand finals of Guitar Center's annual Drum-Off at Club Nokia in Los Angeles, California, he told Artisan News about his book, "You'll enjoy it. It's about my life. It's not about just… Of course, it's about drugs, sex and rock and roll. But it's about my parents, my growing up, getting through Brooklyn, going through gangs, getting into drugs, getting out of them, getting through cancer. I'm four years free of cancer now, so that's why I've got my pink shoelaces on. I'm doing great." In a press release issued last year, Criss said, "I am so blessed that I am finally going to write my autobiography, and I hope you enjoy the ride. The best of all is I get to share my true feelings of my love for God, family, friends and fame. It's been a wonderful life."
- Blabbermouth reports a video for a new LIMP BIZKIT track called "Lightz" can be seen below. The song is expected to appear on the band's next studio album, "Stampede Of The Disco Elephants", which will be released next year via LIMP BIZKIT's new deal with Cash Money, Lil Wayne's longtime record company. LIMP BIZKIT frontman Fred Durst revealed via Twitter that "Lightz" is not the band's official new single and he claimed that the track was "leaked prematurely." LIMP BIZKIT is currently working on a video for the "Urban Assault Version" of the group's collaboration with Lil Wayne, "Ready To Go". LIMP BIZKIT last year parted ways with Interscope, the label that released all of the band's records thus far through its subsidiaries Flip, Geffen and Suretone Records. 2011's "Gold Cobra" was LIMP BIZKIT's first CD to feature the original lineup of Fred Durst (vocals), Wes Borland (guitar), Sam Rivers (bass), John Otto (drums), and DJ Lethal since 2000's "Chocolate Starfish And Hot Dog Flavored Water". Read more at Loudwire
- Blabbermouth reports the release date of "Reborn", the brand new album from California rockers TRAPT, has been pushed back to January 22, 2013 from the previously announced November 20. No reason was given for the delay. "Reborn" (Epochal Artist Records) will be made available in a standard version as well as a deluxe edition which will feature five acoustic songs from "Reborn" as well as the never-before-released fan favorite "Avelyn". The CD was produced by TRAPT vocalist Chris Taylor Brown and Matt Thorne, known for his work with THE EELS, THE DONNAS and BONNIE MCKEE. "This record is really a new sound for TRAPT," states Brown. "With 'Reborn', we really wanted to use new sounds and textures as well as experiment with delays, reverbs, synths and many other techniques we have learned over the years or have heard in our influences. Lyrically, this album is as deep and thoughtful as any album that TRAPT has done in the past." From the opening note of the first single, "Bring It", to the album closer, "You're No Angel", it is clear TRAPT is back to pick up where previous hits such as "Headstrong", "Echo" and "Who's Going Home With You Tonight?" left off. "Bring It" impacts radio the week of October 1 and was also just released to iTunes in double single format bundled alongside "Love Hate Relationship". A video for the first single was recently shot in Las Vegas and will be released in the next few weeks. TRAPT will be heading out on tour in support of "Reborn". The trek kicks off October 24 in Las Vegas and runs through November 29, wrapping up in Chico, California.
"Reborn" track listing:
01. Bring It
02. Love Hate Relationship
04. Eye Of The Storm
06. Going Under
07. Too Close
08. Strength In Numbers
09. Get Out Of Your Own Way
10. When It Rains
11. You're No Angel
TRAPT is Chris Taylor Brown on vocals, Robb Torres on guitar, Pete Charell on bass and Dylan Thomas Howard on drums. Read more at Loudwire
- Blabbermouth reports TESLA frontman Jeff Keith will release a country-music EP, "Jeff Keith And Country Music Friends", on November 9. The six-song effort is now available for pre-order at Jeff's newly launched web site, JeffKeithCountry.com, with the first 500 copies being personally autographed by Keith. Says Jeff: "Once upon a time, I was playing a TESLA show in Canada when Kent Goodson and Pat Boone from the George Jones band came to see us. The next thing you know, us three were on a pontoon boat in Nashville fulfilling a dream I've always had writing country music songs." He continues, "I've wanted to do a country project since my early days of growing up in Oklahoma, and with the help of a couple of buddies of mine, it's now reality. "Kent played with George Jones for 28 years, and Pat still runs sound for George now for over nine years, and I have been the lead singer for TESLA for over 25 years now. "We hope that this EP will allow us to record a full-length studio album, recorded in Nashville, Tennessee! "Put on your cowboy hat and chime on in. There is a lot more yet to come."
"Jeff Keith And Country Music Friends" track listing:
01. Same Ol' Cowboy
02. Life Is Just A Roller Coaster Ride
03. I Can't Let Go
04. Life On The Road
05. Oklahoma Bound
06. Oh Hell
07. CMF Interviews
- Blabbermouth reports former KORN guitarist and current LOVE & DEATH frontman Brian "Head" Welch will guest on the nationally syndicated radio show "Rockline" with host Bob Coburn on Monday, November 14 at 8:30 p.m. PT / 11:30 p.m. ET. Fans are encouraged to speak with Welch by calling 1-800-344-ROCK (7625). The show will be streamed on the "Rockline" web site for two weeks beginning the afternoon after the live broadcast. For more information, visit RocklineRadio.com. "The Abandoning", a brand new song from LOVE & DEATH, can be streamed in the YouTube clip below. The track comes off the group's debut album, "Between Here & Lost", which will be released on November 20 via Tooth & Nail Records. Recorded in Nashville with producer Jasen Rauch (RED, BREAKING BENJAMIN) and mixed by Paul Pavao, Ben Grosse (MARILYN MANSON, DISTURBED) and Jim Monti (KORN), the CD consists of 11 tracks, ranging from songs about personal struggle and triumph ("Chemicals", "My Disaster", "Paralyzed") to emotionally charged anthems ("Fading Away", "Watching The Bottom Fall") to a riff-heavy rendition of DEVO's 1980 hit "Whip It". LOVE & DEATH is comprised of Welch, lead guitarist JR Bareis, bassist Michael Valentine, and drummer Dan Johnson. Like the album title suggests, "Between Here & Lost" captures the honesty of light and darkness, beauty and tragedy, good and evil, delivered by a band with intense passion and commitment to the message of its music. "This record was birthed from trials, tribulations, pain, suffering, anxiety, depression, and drama," states Welch. "However, we came out on top and the end result is a very real, raw and honest record. We are so stoked for people to hear it! From our opening song, 'The Abandoning', to our cover of DEVO's 'Whip it', to our collaboration with Mattie Montgomery from FOR TODAY on 'I W8 4 U', It's an exciting piece of art and the listener will feel the different range of emotions with the lyrics and melodies of each song."
"Between Here & Lost" track listing:
01. The Abandoning
02. Whip It
03. Watching The Bottom Fall
04. By The Way...
06. My Disaster
07. I W8 4 U (featuring Mattie Montgomery)
08. Fading Away
LOVE & DEATH formed when Welch decided to have open auditions on YouTube in 2009. "I picked the guys and then had a jam session in Phoenix," says Welch. "Over the last couple of years, there have been a few lineup changes as we went through normal growing pains. The current band has been together and touring for a while now and they are a big part of the new music and the future of LOVE & DEATH." LOVE & DEATH will be touring extensively in 2013 to support the effort.
"The Abandoning" audio stream:
- Blabbermouth reports singer Sass Jordan, a Canadian icon and Juno Award winner, has recorded a guest appearance on the track "Redeem Me" from ex-OZZY OSBOURNE/BADLANDS guitarist Jake E. Lee. A photo of Jordan and Lee taken this past week in Las Vegas can be seen here. Lee is back after over a decade in seclusion. In great shape mentally, physically and spiritually, Jake is ready to return and bring his brand of unique playing and music to the world. In the process of recording his new album at Las Vegas' The Hideout Studios — owned and operated by Kevin Churko (OZZY OSBOURNE, FIVE FINGER DEATH PUNCH, IN THIS MOMENT) — Lee's first new release will feature a combination of legendary rock artists and some of the biggest names of new metal. Already recorded are guest appearances by Robin Zander (CHEAP TRICK), Paul Di'Anno (IRON MAIDEN), Maria Brink (IN THIS MOMENT), with many other big names attached to the project. Jake has launched search for a new vocalist who will sing at least one track on the new album and will join Lee on a world tour starting in late spring 2013. Criteria: Must be capable of singing a couple of OZZY OSBOURNE and BADLANDS songs, plus tracks from Lee's new album while still having a strong enough identity to be able carry the band into the future, as Jake will head straight back into the studio after the touring to begin a new album with the new band. What to do: Send an email to Ronnie@HideoutLV.com containing an MP3, or a link to an MP3 of yourself singing a OZZY OSBOURNE or BADLANDS songs. Then submit one other song or video of your choosing that you feel best represents who you are as an artist. Listen to BADLANDS' "High Wire" to see the range required for this gig. Only those vocalists that really fit what Lee is looking for will be contacted with further instructions. Lee's new solo album is being recorded with the help of guitarist Ronnie Mancuso of BEGGARS & THIEVES, whose 2011 video, "We Come Undone", featured an appearance by Jake. According to the All Music Guide, Lee helped Ozzy Osbourne score two of the most commercially successful releases of the singer's long and illustrious career — 1983's "Bark at the Moon" and 1986's "The Ultimate Sin". Lee eventually joined up with another former BLACK SABBATH singer (albeit briefly), Ray Gillen, and formed the LED ZEPELIN/classic rock-esque outfit BADLANDS. Subsequently, Lee played briefly with a band called WICKED ALLIANCE before setting off on his own, issuing his solo debut, "A Fine Pink Mist", in August of 1996. ake E. Lee's "covers" album, "Retraced", was released in the U.S. in April 2005 via Shrapnel Records. All the songs were recorded in a "power trio" format ala BADLANDS and the tracks for the project were cover songs along that style (bluesy power rock).
- Blabbermouth reports in a brand new interview with the Melodic Rock fanzine, DOKKEN mainman Don Dokken was asked about the possibility of a reunion of the band's classic lineup, "I would love to do one more DOKKEN record some day with the original members," he said. "Jeff [Pilson, bass], Mick [Brown, drums] and I get along great, but George [Lynch, guitar] continues to talk negative about me. I have no desire to play with someone that is emotionally unstable and full of hate." He added, "Jon [Levin, current DOKKEN guitarist] and I are best friends and we both understand the DOKKEN sound. George always wanted to change it. "George continues to say he believes that I was the weakest member of the band. He forgot who wrote a large part of our music and hits. "Narcissism is a disease of the mind, and I think it's too late for him to change and find spiritual peace in this lifetime. "The band is called DOKKEN, not LYNCH. "Jon Levin was always a fan of George's playing. He has always spoken of him with respect, because Jon has class. "You can listen to [the new DOKKEN album] 'Broken Bones', T&N, and LYNCH MOB and let the fans make their own decision. "George will go down in history as once being a great guitarist, but his day is over."
Regarding "Broken Bones", Don said, "The CD title is about everybody that has had troubles in there life, love, health, lost love, heartbreak, death — nobody goes through life without a few broken bones, metaphorically. Most of us learn from our past mistakes, but some people do not, what does not kill you makes you stronger. The pain in our lives inspires us to make music, and the happiness as well inspires to write. We are all damaged."
- Blabbermouth reports T&N (formerly TOOTH AND NAIL), the new project featuring current and former members of DOKKEN: George Lynch, Jeff Pilson (bass) and Mick Brown (drums), will guest on the nationally syndicated radio show "Rockline" with host Bob Coburn on Wednesday, December 12 at 8:30 p.m. PT / 11:30 p.m. ET. Fans are encouraged to speak with T&N by calling 1-800-344-ROCK (7625). The show will be streamed on the "Rockline" web site for two weeks beginning the afternoon after the live broadcast. For more information, visit RocklineRadio.com. Rat Pak Records has set an October 31 release date for "Slave To The Empire", the debut album from T&N. "Slave To The Empire" contains eight new original songs and four re-recorded classic DOKKEN songs that feature sensational vocal performances by Tim "Ripper" Owens (YNGWIE MALMSTEEN, JUDAS PRIEST, ICED EARTH, DIO DISCIPLES), Doug Pinnick (KING'S X), Sebastian Bach (SKID ROW) and Robert Mason (WARRANT, LYNCH MOB). The drum tracks on the new, original compositions were laid down by Brian Tichy (WHITESNAKE, FOREIGNER).
"Slave To The Empire" track listing:
01. Slave To The Empire
02. Sweet Unknown
03. Tooth And Nail (feat. Doug Pinnick)
04. It's Not Love (feat. Robert Mason)
05. Rhythm Of The Soul
06. When Eagles Die
07. Into The Fire (Jeff Pilson)
08. Alone Again (feat. Sebastian Bach)
09. Mind Control
10. Kiss Of Death (feat. Tim "Ripper" Owens)
11. Jesus Train
12. Access Denied
The song "It's Not Love" is now available for streaming below. In a recent interview with Guitar International, Lynch stated about T&N, "We actually did two records. The first one, which will be released in September, and then the band will go out on the road at the beginning of October. We'll do a short West Coast tour, then play Loud Park festival in Japan as well as visit a few other Asian cities before heading to Europe for a couple weeks. Then it's back to the States and we will finish up before Christmas." Earlier in the year, T&N was forced to shorten its name from TOOTH AND NAIL for legal reasons. The band stated, "We cannot keep [the name] as TOOTH AND NAIL as there is a label that has it trademarked. [Fans] can still call us TO$%H AND NA$L... We can't." Regarding how T&N came together, Pilson said in an August 2011 interview, "The DOKKEN [original lineup] reunion has been scrapped, and I take a lot of the initial responsibility for that because of my schedule and commitment to FOREIGNER. . . Then George asked me about working with him on the next LYNCH MOB record — and I jumped at the chance. He and I started writing, got into a groove and wrote an album's worth of stuff, all with the intention of Oni [Logan, LYNCH MOB singer] writing lyrics and it being their next record. Brian Tichy laid down some incredible drums at his studio (and co-wrote some music on one track) and we had an incredibly strong start. Then Oni just wasn't feeling the music as being LYNCH MOB, so it was shelved. We figured it'd be the start of another LYNCH/PILSON record some day. Then, actually, it was Brian who had the idea that Mick, George and I should do a band, similar to what HEAVEN & HELL was to BLACK SABBATH, and call it TOOTH AND NAIL. Because of everything else we have going, it'll be just a recording project at first, but sure sounds fun. We'd record the classics keeping true to the originals but make them fresh and organic. Then the idea of doing new songs came up, and it grew from there." He added, "I have absolute belief that the music George and I make together (along with Brian Tichy in this case) is real and inspired, and that's what it's really all about. So out of a mess of a reunion attempt, I think we'll end up with a really fabulous record, and what could be better than that?" When asked if T&N is basically DOKKEN without Don, Pilson said, "Don is, and will always be, the singer of DOKKEN and an invaluable part of the DOKKEN chemistry. No one ever wants to take that away or dispute it one iota. But the three of us do have time tested amazing chemistry, and because we were writers on these songs, I feel we have a lot to express. If anything I think this will be a show of respect for Don, not some kind of competition. I only hope people enjoy it in the spirit for which it's intended . . . Don't think of this as DOKKEN without Don... that's misleading. Think of it as a band with great chemistry coming up with new music that excites them, and also paying tribute to DOKKEN — music which the members all are heavily invested in emotionally." For pre-orders and audio samples, visit www.slavetotheempire.com. Read more at Loudwire
"It's Not Love" (feat. Robert Mason) audio stream:
"Tooth And Nail" (feat. Doug Pinnick) audio stream:
- Blabbermouth reports German hard rock institution SINNER, which is fronted by PRIMAL FEAR bassist Mat Sinner, will enter the studio soon to begin work on an album of re-recorded versions of the best songs from the band's early years. The resulting collection, which is tentatively titled "Touch Of Sin 2" (in a nod to SINNER's 1985 album, "Touch Of Sin"), will be released on August 30, 2013 via AFM Records. Commented Sinner: "When we were younger and new to the music business, we were proud to be part of the Noise Records family and to get the chance to sign a contract with them. Reading this contract so many years later, you can't but shake your head in disbelief and wonder what must have possessed us. The exclusive rights to the recordings have since been bought and sold numerous times with the effect that none of those who owned them has ever had any relation to either the production itself or to how it was created. "Today, the older SINNER songs still enjoy great popularity within the scene. We continue to play them live, even though the CDs aren't available any longer. It is Universal who owns the albums at the moment — but does not distribute the CDs. Therefore, they're to be held responsible that CDs from this era can only be purchased at exorbitant prices. Unfortunately, the musicians and songwriters involved have no means of dealing with the matter — our hands are tied. "When I offered to do a remix on several songs for a best-of album, I was told that the original tapes have mysteriously disappeared and were probably burned in an 'accidental' fire. That much about the pearls of our past. "AFM Records and I — business partners for many years — came up with the idea to once again record the best songs from this era. The album was supposed to feature several guests and to come with a wicked fan package. Initially, I was sceptical. But recent shows have shown the amount of fun and energy the band would put into these songs. However, I will only put this plan into action under one condition: the whole band has to lock themselves into the studio and record the whole thing together. I'm fed up with the assumption that it works if everyone records their stuff at home or comes cheaper. That's bullshit — this challenge meets us at exactly the right time and we'll face it!" SINNER's latest album, "One Bullet Left", was released in September 2011 via AFM Records, the CD was recorded in Stuttgart, Germany with Mat Sinner producing and Achim Köhler engineering. SINNER's current lineup features Mat Sinner (bass, vocals) and guitarist Christof Leim (THE NEW BLACK) along with Alex Scholpp (TARJA, FARMER BOYS) on guitar, André Hilgers (RAGE) on drums and Alex Beyrodt (PRIMAL FEAR, VOODOO CIRCLE) on third guitar.
- Loudwire reports Megadeth’s Dave Mustaine shares concerns over vocal damage and cursing
- Loudwire posts an interview with Metal Blade Records founder Brian Slagel on 2012 metal, Metallica’s very first song and more
- Classic Rock reports Aerosmith album should have been two records
- Blabbermouth posts interviews with Def Leppard singer on "Nights With Alice Cooper", Trivium, John Corabi, Doro Pesch, conductor Paul Mann on Jon Lord's "Concerto For Group And Orchestra", Soulfly's Max Cavalera and son, Machine Head, Fear Factory, Cradle Of Filth, Helstar, Eluveitie and Periphery
- Blabbermouth posts performance footage of Metallica at the "Voodoo Music and Arts Experience", Sebastian Bach performing a Skid Row classic with Halestorm at Japan's Loud Park festival, Deftones with Bad Brains singer in Blatimore, Phil Campbell and Duff McKagan perform a Motorhead classic with Ugly Kid Joe in Cardiff, Marty Friedman in Toulouse, Devin Townsed doing Strapping Young Lad, Tomahawk in Nashville, Hatriot in Oakland, and Death Angel in Sacramento,
Return to previous page
Send to a friend
MTV's Daily Video
Between the Bu..