Subscribe to channel
- Blabbermouth reports on Monday, October 29, Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Las Vegas and Clark County will declare Paradise Road to be known as Paradise City Road in honor of rock legends GUNS N' ROSES' first-ever residency, Appetite For Democracy, at The Joint. The street will pay homage to GUNS N' ROSES' record-breaking hit "Paradise City" through the band's extended run Wednesday, Oct. 31 - Saturday, Nov. 24. At 2:30 p.m., members of GUNS N' ROSES will celebrate with a renaming event in Hard Rock Hotel's parking lot in front of Paradise Road, next to the main valet entrance. Clark County Commissioner Mary Beth Scow will declare the street be temporarily known as Paradise City Road and present the GUNS N' ROSES band members with an official street sign. They will be joined by Hard Rock Hotel & Casino's Chief Operations Officer Jody Lake and Vice President of Entertainment Paul Davis, and AEG Live Las Vegas' Marketing Director Suzanne Richardson. During the event, the group will address the crowd and pose for photos. Las Vegas will never be the same as the world's most iconic rock band, GUNS N' ROSES, takes over Sin City with their first-ever residency Appetite For Democracy at The Joint inside Hard Rock Hotel & Casino. The band will play 12 shows starting Wednesday, October 31 through Saturday, November 24. Each night, the band will perform an electrifying show featuring a set list created exclusively for The Joint. Appetite For Democracy will span the band's biggest hits from their debut album "Appetite For Destruction" (1987) through their platinum-selling record "Chinese Democracy" (2008). Exact details about the show are being kept under wraps but fans can expect the raw and gritty heavy metal GUNS N' ROSES is known for along with a few surprise elements. Produced exclusively by AEG Live, Appetite For Democracy is unlike any show the band has ever done before or will ever do again. Ticket prices start at $45 (plus applicable services fees). To purchase tickets or for more information, visit the Hard Rock box office, all Ticketmaster locations, Ticketmaster.com, TheJointLasVegas.com or charge-by-phone at 800.745.3000. Ticket and room packages are available at HardRockHotel.com. Read more at Loudwire and Ultimate Classic Rock
Monday, Oct. 29 at 2:30 p.m.
Presenting of the Paradise City Road sign
Hard Rock Hotel & Casino
Parking lot, main entrance off Paradise Road
4455 Paradise Road
- Blabbermouth reports rock legends KISS were the first signing to the late Neil Bogart's then-newly formed Casablanca label after he saw and recognized their talent and showmanship at their spectacular performance at a showcase concert at New York City's Le Tang's Ballet Studio in 1973, offering them a contract on the spot. Now, KISS celebrates their 40th anniversary in 2013 having broken box office records set by THE BEATLES and ELVIS PRESLEY, more than 28 U.S. gold albums, the most gold records for any American rock band, 40 million sales in the U.S. and a total exceeding 100 million worldwide. In their early years, KISS released a total of 29 singles on seven-inch 45 RPM records for the Casablanca label. These were available for sale to the public, used for commercial radio airplay and to promote album sales. Many of these singles had entirely different mixes, edits and material that didn't appear on their vinyl albums. Now for the first time, these musical snapshots of KISS' formative years, which have never been available in a commemorative singles edition, entitled "The Casablanca Singles 1974-1982", on Mercury/Casablanca/UMe, will be available in December in two box set configurations:
* 29 Seven-Inch Vinyl
* 29 CDs (available through all retail)
In typical KISS fashion, these are no ordinary boxes. The sets are housed in a beautiful die cut shadow box with a limited edition etched silver metal plate and ribbon pull magnetic closure custom KISS 45s box with 26 collectible picture sleeves from original single releases around the world, including Japan, Germany, Holland, Spain and Britain. The vinyl collection also features singles from all four solo albums in purple, blue, red and green vinyl with a mask picture sleeve representing each individual member as originally released in the U.K. Both sets include a booklet which tracks the genesis and chart history of each single represented in the package. "The Casablanca Singles 1974-1982" covers KISS' remarkable eight-year stay on Bogart's label, from their very first, "Nothin' to Lose" b/w "Love Theme from KISS", from their self-titled debut to their very first charted 45, "Kissin' Time". The band's subsequent string of hits included "Dressed to Kill"'s live version of "Rock and Roll All Nite" (#12 on Billboard's Hot 100), "Destroyer"'s "Shout It Out Loud" (#31) and the Top 10 ballad "Beth", "Rock And Roll Over"'s "Hard Luck Woman" (#15) and "Calling Dr. Love" (#16), "Love Gun"'s "Christeen Sixteen" (#25), Ace Frehley's solo hit, "New York Groove" (#13) and "Dynasty"'s "I Was Made for Lovin' You" (#11). "Even I haven't heard some of this stuff, but this is all part of our master plan to celebrate KISS at this milestone in our careers," says Gene Simmons. "This box set represents us at the very beginning of our career, and documents the band's early success and subsequent growth." Adds Paul Stanley: "This collection is meant for the true KISS aficionado. The packaging really captures the development of both our music and image at a very crucial period in the band's history." The special set comes out a month after the release of "Monster", their 20th studio album. Showing the band at the top of its game, "Monster" embodies all that is KISS and the music that first inspired them to pick up their guitars and flame-throwers and don makeup to entertain millions. Gene Simmons and Paul Stanley, with longtime members guitarist Tommy Thayer and drummer Eric Singer, return stronger than ever with their new album to continue the legacy of the spectacular larger-than-life extravaganza, known as, KISS. For more information, go this location.
- Blabbermouth reports video footage of what has been certified by Guinness World Records as the largest collection of IRON MAIDEN memorabilia in the world, taken earlier today (Saturday, October 27) at the Swedish metal convention Rockmässan in Malmö, Sweden, can be seen below. Photos are available at this location. he collection belongs to Rasmus Stavnsborg of Karlslunde, Denmark, who first started listening to IRON MAIDEN in 1981 at the age of 8, and began collecting the band's memorabilia a couple of years later. He now has 4,168 individual items and houses most of them in his Iron Maiden Bar in his basement. He has been to see the band in concert all over the world, including shows in Japan, India, Russia, Peru and Dubai. IRON MAIDEN recently became the first international act to sell out its appearance at the magnificent national stadium in Stockholm — Friends Arena. Spectacular ticket demand for MAIDEN was once again so great that the July 13, 2013 show sold out as quickly as the ticket system could handle — record-breaking for this new 50,000-capacity Stockholm stadium. The venue, Friends Arena, has a roof which means that for the first time ever in Sweden, IRON MAIDEN fans will be able to enjoy the full glory of the entire "Maiden England" show in a dark stadium.
- Blabbermouth reports MEGADETH mainman Dave Mustaine has issued the following update: "Droogies, "I wanted to check in with you as I get ready to start tracking my 14th MEGADETH record. "For some of you that are new fans, the word 'Droogie' may seem a strange way to start a letter, but it means 'friend,' supposedly in Russian slang. I got the idea to call you that from watching Alex from 'A Clockwork Orange' call his two co-conspirators that. So, now you know I ain't calling you 'druggies.' Onward to the update. "Last Thursday I went to see an ENT (ear, nose, and throat doctor) to find out the status of the damage to my vocal cords that they discovered prior to my surgery, and my neck from after the surgery. I was told during the first MRIs that I had a cyst or something on my vocal cords, and I didn't give it any more thought, because the fusion was way more important. "I still find it laughable that someone I know said I was a pussy while lying in an ER awaiting spinal surgery for contemplating cancelling the 'Big Four' show in New York City. I guess the old saying, 'You spot it — you got it!' applies here. Except I don't want to offend our female fans by comparing this excrement to a body part of theirs. "I walked away from the surgery, which was done after the concert (who's the pussy now?) and was a complete success, thinking I had nodes or polyps or something, and I wanted to wait until a year after the surgery to go get checked, because I just didn't want to go under the knife again that soon, if, of course I had to. Thank God I don't. "Fortunately, if you can say that, my problem with my vocal cords is treatable, and it is just a matter of exercise, diet, and eating habits. I started drinking Aloe Juice, taking a tablet for my stomach, and I have to cut out some things I like. Coffee is one of things, but since I am not a cheerleader for overpriced, overrated Starbucks, like Thor [MEGADETH guitarist Chris Broderick] and Junior [MEGADETH bassist David Ellefson], I am not taking this too hard. I am bummed about no chocolate (I love chocolate!), and tomatoes (no spaghetti or pizza), but I am loving this 'Countdown' 20th-anniversary tour, and with the new record starting next week, singing is more important to me than ever. "Thanks for all of your support through this whole ordeal, and I really, really look forward to seeing you at some point before the end of the year. Check out our support band KYNG and lemme know what you think. I like 'em and I hope you will too. "One last thing, I don't generally watch video of myself, unless we are mixing or editing something, and over the last few months I had to; for one reason or another. I am really embarrassed by how much I swear or swore on stage and in interviews. I'm not a prude, but I am sorry for my language and some of the offensive words I chose to say. We all have said stuff we regret, and while I don't 'regret it,' I do feel that you deserve better from me. "Here's to a great fu...., erm, a great flipping new record and tour!" Read more at Noisecreep
- Blabbermouth reports on October 26, "Tales From The Stage Volume 1" author Michael Toney (web site) conducted an interview with acclaimed vocalist Tim "Ripper" Owens (DIO DISCIPLES, YNGWIE MALMSTEEN, BEYOND FEAR, JUDAS PRIEST, ICED EARTH). You can now watch the chat below. On the recently formed DIO tribute band featuring former DIO and current DEF LEPPARD guitarist Vivian Campbell and fellow original DIO members Vinny Appice (drums), Jimmy Bain (bass) and Claude Schnell (keyboards) along with singer Andrew Freeman: Owens: "I'm a bit shocked. But I could care less what [Vivian] does. I wish he would have probably done something, I guess, or had good things to say about Ronnie when Ronnie was alive. So it is shocking. It's shocking also that… I'm friends also with Vinny as well, but Vinny pretty much knocked [DIO DISCIPLES] for doing [the same thing]. [Editor's note: During an April 2011 appearance on the "All Hail Hair" show on Fightin' Words Radio, Vinny Appice was asked what he thought of DIO DISCIPLES going out on the road and paying tribute to Ronnie James Dio. "I think it's disgusting," he said. "I mean, why are they even doing it? Plus, [Ronnie has] not even been passed away for a year. And, you know… It's kind of… I don't know. It's kind of weird, man. It's weird."] And from the looks of it, we're definitely doing it for the right reason and we're celebrating Ronnie's legacy. And I think they are as well. It's shocking, but I'm glad, to be honest. You can't do too much of this for Ronnie. I just worry about, and focus on, DIO DISCIPLES, really." On his current status with Yngwie Malmsteen: Owens: "I've kind of just gotten so busy doing solo work. I mean, I just [did a tour of] 25 shows in Europe and I came right from that and did this [the DIO DISCIPLES U.S. tour], and I'm off to South America, doing 15 shows right from this. You know, I had a choice this summer of [doing] a couple of shows [with Yngwie which conflicted with DIO DISCIPLES' schedule], and I picked DIO DISCIPLES. I had to pick something and I start doing something, I've had to say 'no' to a lot of Yngwie stuff, because I'm just busy. We've [Yngwie and I] had a great relationship, but I just don't see how I could fit it in anymore. But us two, I really enjoyed being with him. He's a funny, funny guy to be with. We'd laugh and laugh. And he had nothing but good things to say about me, and other people, really. He never talked bad about anybody."
- Blabbermouth reports vocalist Göran Edman (JOHN NORUM, YNGWIE J. MALMSTEEN) and Scott Rockenfield's (QUEENSRŸCHE, SLAVE TO THE SYSTEM) "licensed signature drumming" appear on "Growin' Apart", the new album from reactivated '90s Italian heavy metal band HEADLESS. The first single, "Primetime", was released on December 14, 2011, and can be purchased on iTunes and Amazon. The second track, "Sink Deep In A Fairy Tale", was mastered in Hollywood, California by Warren Sokol and was issued on February 14. It can be downloaded from iTunes and Amazon.
Walter Cianciusi - Guitar
Dario Parente - Guitar
For more information, visit www.headless.it.
- Blabbermouth reports veteran producer Bill Metoyer (SLAYER, W.A.S.P., ARMORED SAINT, DARK ANGEL, SACRED REICH, CRYPTIC SLAUGHTER, D.R.I.) has begun mixing the rhythm section for the new album from Chicago doom-metal legends TROUBLE. TROUBLE announced in February that it recruited Kyle Thomas as the band's new singer following the departure of the group's frontman of the past four years, Kory Clarke (of WARRIOR SOUL fame). Thomas, former lead vocalist for EXHORDER, FLOODGATE and ALABAMA THUNDERPUSSY, was no stranger to TROUBLE as he previously fronted the band for four live shows between 1997 and 1999, including Stoner Hands Of Doom festival in Maryland and Expo Of The Extreme in Chicago. Thomas has also collaborated on projects with members of SLIPKNOT, DOWN, OBITUARY and DEICIDE. In an interview with Metal Kaoz, TROUBLE guitarist Bruce Franklin stated about Kyle's addition to the band, "We didn't need to change any of the [new] music [to suit Kyle's vocals]. He really knows how to sing to TROUBLE stuff because he was a fan from way back." Added Kyle: "They had given me four songs to work on when I was jamming with them in anticipation of possibly doing the album that came to be 'Simple Mind Condition'. I did demo one song, but nothing I did ever made it to the album. Things turned out the way that they have between then and now, and here I am." He continued, "Bruce and Rick [Wartell, guitar] have always been great to me as people and business partners. I was made to feel an equal back then, and the same goes for now. That is monumental for me — I grew up listening to these guys and now I am a member of one of my favorite bands. You can't beat that."
TROUBLE 2012 is:
Kyle Thomas: Vocals
Bruce Franklin: Guitar
Rick Wartell: Guitar
Shane Pasqualla: Bass
Mark Lira: Drums
- Blabbermouth reports according to Metal Shock Finland, Swedish metallers WOLF have a new product on the market: Wolf's Blood Hot Sauce. This bloody hot sauce is made in Costa Rica and it is a combination of the world's hottest known chilli pepper Naga Jolokia with pepper extract and ranges at an incredible 666.000 Scoville units. Commented the band: "It's 666 thousand Scoville strength and it makes you howl. Don't drink it!" To buy one of these flaming Wolf's Blood Hot Sauces, click here. WOLF last year parted ways with guitarist Johannes "Axeman" Losbäck and replaced him with Simon Johansson (ABSTRAKT ALGEBRA, BIBLEBLACK, MEMORY GARDEN). Simon previously played with WOLF in 2009 when they supported W.A.S.P. for four shows. WOLF's sixth album, "Legions Of Bastards", was released in April 2011 via Century Media Records. The follow-up to 2009's "Ravenous" was produced by Pelle Saether at Studio Underground in Vasterås, Sweden. The cover artwork was once again created by Thomas Holm (the man who was responsible for the legendary MERCYFUL FATE "Melissa" and "Don't Break The Oath" covers).
- Blabbermouth reports former THE HAUNTED guitarist Anders Björler is working on his first solo album. He says, "This is NOT a 'metal' project. Those of you who are familiar with my soundtrack/movie stuff for THE HAUNTED and AT THE GATES documentaries will know somewhat to expect. It's inspired by Italian film music from the '60 and '70s, post rock, ambient, progressive, jazz, and Swedish folk music." Björler announced his departure from THE HAUNTED earlier this month. He explained in a statement, "I feel that I have come to the end of the line regarding THE HAUNTED. This is not a sudden or hasty decision. I have been contemplating it for the last couple of years. Peter's [Dolving, vocals] departure earlier this year made me more certain than ever that I had reached my personal goal with THE HAUNTED, and that the time was right to call it quits. I have enjoyed every bit of the ride. It's been an overwhelming journey. I would like to thank the other band members especially, our crew through the years, and our fans worldwide for the experience and opportunity. Thank you so much! The memories will be with me forever. I will, of course, continue writing music, but where that leads me? [It's] simply too early to say."
- Loudwire reports Deftones’ Chino Moreno offers update on his many side projects
- Spinner reports Morrissey postpones the rest of U.S. tour, rushes to be by his sick mother's side
- Rolling Stone reports Chuck Berry praises Obama, laments fading health
- Blabbermouth posts video of Megadeth's David Ellefson demonstarating his Kelly Bird bass
- Blabbermouth posts video of the unboxing of "Silverthon" limited edition from Kamelot
- Blabbermouth posts video of HIM signing copies Of "XX - Two Decades Of Love Metal" greatest-hits album in Helsinki
Return to previous page
Send to a friend
MTV's Daily Video