Is a new Rage Against The Machine album in the works? Probably not, but that didn't stop bassist Tim Commerford from having some fun with the ever-gullible cameramen of TMZ.com. Asked outside a cafe in Malibu, California if the band was planning on bringing out a new album, Commerford teased, "Maybe . . . maybe." The bassist then quickly changed the subject to his missing front tooth, which he touted as the result of his new hobby: "removing teeth."
- Even though Rage Against The Machine reunited in 2007, the band has never given any indication that it plans to write or record new material.
- As late as last year, guitarist Tom Morello told us that a new album was not on the quartet's agenda: "Right now there are no -- you know, the band is not writing songs, the band is not in the studio. We get along famously and we all, you know, intend to do more Rage Against The Machine stuff in the future, but beyond sort of working out a concert this year, there's nothing else on the schedule."
- That concert, the L.A. Rising festival in the summer of 2011, was Rage Against The Machine's last live appearance to date.
CHECK IT OUT: Watch the video of Tim Commerford's encounter with TMZ.com at http://tinyurl.com/9ft988n
WHAT DO YOU THINK??
- Was Tim just screwing around with the paparazzi or do you think he was being honest?
- Should Rage get around to making a new album? Why do you think they haven't done so?
- Would a new Rage album be relevant in today's political climate?
INTERNET COMMENTS at TMZ.com -- agree or not?
3Storms wrote: "Yay another album from people who play expensive Gibson guitars and sell concert t-shirts made in 3rd-world countries while charging insane ticket prices like everyone else all while preaching that capitalism is evil and preaching their hatred of America yet just refusing to get the hell out of a country they don't like."
Astro171 wrote: "I thought they played every 4 years at the DNC convention."
Morning Star wrote: "OMG, that would be killer! I'm sure they have quite a bit to say about dumb and dumber running for office and rights going down the toilet everyday. Let's here it! I still listen to Rage, and something new would be EPIC!!!"
RLucky_130 wrote: "A new album from Rage would be nice, but Im not getting my hopes up."
Tom Morello Says No New Rage Against The Machine Album Planned
Read more at Blabbermouth, Loudwire and Spinner