Creed and Alter Bridge guitarist Mark Tremonti will embark on his first solo headlining tour this fall when he tops the bill for the annual HardDrive Live tour, presented by HardDrive Radio. Tremonti is touring behind his first solo album, All I Was, which came out last month. Joining him on the bill will be Man The Mighty, a new act signed to Tremonti's own Fret 12 Records. Tremonti will play two warm-up shows on September 11th and 12th with opening act Charm City Devils before the tour gets underway on the 20th in Flint, Michigan.
- Creed and Alter Bridge bassist Brian Marshall is also part of Tremonti's solo touring band.
- Tremonti played his first solo show in July in Orlando, Florida, and told us how it went: "The most nerve-wracking part of a show is when you're starting your first song, and we get ready to start, I cue our drummer to start the song and Brian's (like), 'I got nothing, my bass is not working.' It took him a good three or four minutes to figure out that he had a mute button on his amp -- who puts a mute button on their amp in the first place? But that kind of ruined the whole big 'come out onstage and kick ass' kind of thing. And so finally he figured out his mute button was on and we started, and from there on out it was great."
- There will be ticket and soundcheck contests, including a chance to win a Tremonti custom guitar, at each stop on the tour as well as nationally on HardDrive and HardDrive XL with Lou Brutus.
- All I Was debuted at Number 29 on the Billboard album chart last month, selling 12,000 copies in its first week of release. The first single is called "You Waste Your Time."
- Confirmed Tremonti HardDrive Live tour dates (subject to change):
September 11 - West Greenwich, RI - The Rock Junction
September 12 - New York, NY - Highline Ballroom
September 20 - Flint, MI - The Machine Shop
September 21 - Lancaster, PA - Chameleon Club
September 23 - Chicago, IL - House of Blues
September 25 - New Britain, CT - Club INT
September 26 - West Chester, PA - The Note
September 28 - Orlando, FL - Beachem Theater
September 29 - Atlanta, GA - Vinyl
September 30 - Birmingham, AL - Zydeco
October 2 - Nashville, TN - Exit In
October 3 - Kansas City, MO - The Beaumont
October 5 - Shreveport, LA - The Riverside
(HardDrive Radio and The Pulse of Radio are both owned by United Stations Radio Networks)
CHECK IT OUT: Watch Tremonti give a lesson on how to play the solo in "You Waste Your Time":
Mark Tremonti On His First Solo Show