- A new short film starring Marilyn Manson, called Wrong Cops, has debuted this month at the Cannes Film Festival in France. The movie was directed by Quentin Dupieux, whose full-length 2011 feature Rubber was a surreal tale about an intelligent tire that murders people. Manson told us that he plays "a street hustler with braces on my teeth" in Wrong Cops, which is the opening segment of a longer feature titled Wrong. The 13-minute film is now available to see online. (Antiquiet) Read more at Blabbermouth and Loudwire
- The Red Hot Chili Peppers' massive 1992 hit "Under The Bridge" was inspired by one of the lowest points in singer Anthony Kiedis' life, when he found himself shooting drugs with gangbangers under a structure in downtown Los Angeles. Kiedis has never revealed the location of the actual bridge, but an investigation by Vulture found three candidates and finally determined that Kiedis' bridge is located in MacArthur Park, where "unlike the other bridges, it provides a discreet location for private time with personal demons." Read the full article and see a photo of the bridge at http://tinyurl.com/d8telo9
- After several weeks of keeping the set list pretty much the same, Van Halen broke out another rarely played number last Saturday night (May 19th) in St. Paul, Minnesota. It was the band's first show since announcing the cancellation of 31 gigs this summer, but the group did not exhibit any signs of fatigue as it broke out 1980's "And The Cradle Will Rock" for the first time on this tour. Hopefully the band will mix a few more surprises into the set before wrapping up this leg of the tour on June 26th. (Hennemusic)
- Green Day is confirmed as one of the headliners of this fall's Voodoo Music Experience, scheduled for October 26th, 27th and 28th in New Orleans. Also on the bill are Neil Young, Skrillex, Justice, Tomahawk, Say Anything, Bootsy Collins, Gary Clark Jr. and many others. This is Green Day's first announced U.S. show since the band revealed that it is releasing three albums, titled Uno, Uno!, Dos! and Tre!, next fall and winter. (FMQB)
CHECK IT OUT: Watch Marilyn Manson in Wrong Cops:
See Van Halen perform "And The Cradle Will Rock":
- Eminem has started working on a new album. In an NYC radio interview, Em said, "Well, right now, I'm finishing everything up on the Slaughterhouse album and I'm kind of getting into my next record a little bit. I'm starting to toy with the next album..." He added about Slaughterhouse, "I really feel like this group, Hip-Hop needs this, man, and I think people are going to see that when this album comes out man." Read more at Rolling Stone
- Blabbermouth posts legendary guitarist Slash (VELVET REVOLVER, GUNS N' ROSES) and the singer of his solo band, Myles Kennedy (also of ALTER BRIDGE), took part in an acoustic performance on the studios of SiriusXM satellite radio earlier this week in front of 20 lucky listeners. Video footage of their appearance can be seen below.
The full interview and performance can be heard on SiriusXM Octane on the following dates:
May 26 at 9 a.m. ET
May 27 at 6 p.m. ET
May 28 at 9 p.m. ET
Slash's second solo album, "Apocalyptic Love", is likely to sell between 30,000 and 35,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release, according to industry web site Hits Daily Double. The estimate was based on one-day sales reports compiled after the record arrived in stores on May 22 via Slash's own label Dik Hayd International distributed through EMI. Slash's self-titled debut album scored the highest new entry on The Billboard 200 chart in April 2010, with first-week U.S. sales of around 60,000 copies.
- Blabbermouth reports tonight's (Friday, May 25) TRIVIUM concert at Exit/In in Nashville, Tennessee will be streamed live at Livestream.com. This event is scheduled to start at 9 p.m. EDT. To get notified via email or SMS when this event starts, simply log in or sign up and follow the account. TRIVIUM's latest album, "In Waves", sold 22,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release to land at position No. 13 on The Billboard 200 chart — the highest U.S. chart entry of the band's career. The group's previous CD, "Shogun", opened with just under 24,000 units back in October 2008 to debut at No. 23. The effort followed up "The Crusade", which registered a first-week tally of 31,000 copies in October 2006 to enter the chart at No. 25. "In Waves" was recorded primarily at Paint It Black Studios in Orlando, Florida (with only the drums having been tracked at Audiohammer Studios in Sanford, Florida) with the production/mixing team of Colin Richardson (MACHINE HEAD, BULLET FOR MY VALENTINE, SLIPKNOT, FEAR FACTORY) and Martin "Ginge" Ford, along with engineer Carl Bown. A two-disc special edition is also available. It features five bonus tracks, plus a DVD with a 40-minute, behind-the-scenes documentary, as well as an exclusive concert filmed in a warehouse located in Orlando, Florida, which is the band's stomping grounds. This concert features the first performances of tracks from "In Waves", along with TRIVIUM classics.
- Blabbermouth reports the video for GODSMACK's cover of JOE WALSH's "Rocky Mountain Way" can be seen at RevolverMag.com. The song comes off GODSMACK's first-ever live album, "Live & Inspired", which sold around 16,500 copies in the United States in its first week of release to debut at position No. 19 on The Billboard 200 chart. Released on May 15 via Universal Republic Records, "Live & Inspired" features fierce and furious live renditions of numerous hits from the Massachusetts rockers' five studio albums. Their incendiary and infectious shows have become legendary in modern rock, and they continue to impress both critics and audiences alike every time they hit the stage. The group sounds unchained on rousing performances of "Awake", "Keep Away", "Straight Out of Line", "Whatever", "Voodoo", and "I Stand Alone". This is the first time that's been captured on CD, and bonus tracks of covers that have "inspired" GODSMACK is also going to be included along with it. The four tracks are quite close to the band's collective heart. The band started ripping through local Massachusetts haunts with their renditions of some of these songs, and these recordings bring everything full circle. Read more at Loudwire
- Blabbermouth reports FOZZY frontman and wrestling superstar Chris Jericho has been "suspended indefinitely" from WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment) for desecrating the Brazilian flag. The incident took place yesterday (Thursday, May 24) in São Paulo during a match between Jericho and C.M. Punk — who was proudly waving the flag in the ring. Jericho crumbled up the Brazilian flag into a ball, threw it onto the ground and kicked it. He was then informed that desecrating the national flag is a crime in Brazil punishable by incarceration. Jericho apologized to the Brazilian crowd, saying "I'd like to apologize for stepping on the flag earlier. I love Brazil. We are very happy to be here to perform in front of you. So please accept my apology for stepping on your wonderful flag of this wonderful country." A short time later, the WWE posted the following message on its web site: "Chris Jericho has been suspended indefinitely due to an irresponsible act of denigrating the Brazilian flag at a WWE live event in São Paulo on May 24. WWE has apologized to the citizens and the government of Brazil for this incident." Jericho recently finished laying down the vocals on FOZZY's brand new album, due before the end of year via the group's new label, Century Media Records. Jericho said, "This is by far the best singing I've ever done, on the best record of our career. It's only a few more months until you all get to hear it!" Read more at Loudwire
- Blabbermouth reports Italian heavy rockers LACUNA COIL will release a new digital single, "Fire", in Europe on June 18. In addition to the album version of the title cut, the single will include the track "Dark Adrenaline". LACUNA COIL has just completed its "Dark Legacy" North American tour. The band's only headlining run in the United States in 2012 featured a set of more than two hours, with material spanning all of LACUNA COIL's albums. LACUNA COIL's new album, "Dark Adrenaline", sold around 20,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release to debut at position No. 15 on The Billboard 200 chart. The band's previous CD, "Shallow Life", opened with 21,000 units back April 2009 to land at No. 16. LACUNA COIL's 2006 album, "Karmacode", premiered with 34,000 copies back in April 2006 to enter the chart at No. 28. It has since sold more than 200,000 units in the U.S. The band's 2002 album, "Comalies", has shifted more than 300,000 copies in the United States, according to Nielsen SoundScan.
- Blabbermouth reports Alaskan metallers 36 CRAZYFISTS have announced a handful of shows where they will perform their 2002 debut album, "Bitterness The Star", in its entirety in celebration of the CD's tenth anniversary.
The details are as follows:
Aug. 03 - Chilkoot Charlie’s - Anchorage, AK
Aug. 04 - Alyeska Day Lodge - Girdwood, AK
Aug. 10 - The Alibi - Homer, AK
Aug. 11 - Hooligan’s - Soldotna, AK
Aug. 17 - Hell’s Kitchen - Tacoma, WA
Aug. 18 - Ash Street Saloon - Portland, OR
Drummer Thomas Noonan recently left 36 CRAZYFISTS to focus on other projects. A replacement drummer has not yet been announced. 36 CRAZYFISTS's latest album, "Collisions And Castaways", sold around 3,300 copies in the United States in its first week of release to debut at position No. 161 on The Billboard 200 chart. The CD landed at No. 3 on the Top New Artist Albums (Heatseekers) chart, which lists the best-selling albums by new and developing artists, defined as those who have never appeared in the Top 100 of The Billboard 200. "Collisions And Castaways" was written and recorded between October 2009 and May 2010. It follows on the heels of 2009's DVD, "Underneath a Northern Sky", and is the band's second straight effort to feature Steve Holt in the producer's chair and Andy Sneap handling the final mix.
- Blabbermouth posts for the first time ever, TESLA is going to give its fans the opportunity to take home the show they just heard, in the form of limited-edition, individually numbered CD sets available immediately after each show! The band has partnered with DiscLive Network, the global leader in producing instant content, and as of today, fans may pre-order the CDs online at DiscLiveNetwork.com, where they may opt to either pick up the CD at the show they are attending, or to have it conveniently shipped home to them. The CD sets are available to ALL TESLA fans, whether you are attending the shows or not! This is the ultimate collectible — a high-quality audio recording of the show you just heard packaged in a heavyweight digipak — and a second disc containing extra TESLA bonus material! These are strictly limited edition in nature — only 500 per show will EVER be produced — so make sure and pre-order your copy now so you don't miss this amazing chance! TESLA's video for the song "I Love You" can be seen below. The track comes off the band's latest album, "Twisted Wires And The Acoustic Sessions", which was released in July 2011 via Scarlet Records. The CD features six songs that were recorded back in 2005 at bassist Brian Wheat's J Street Recorders studio — which also serve as the last recordings with original member Tommy Skeoch — and six newly recorded tracks, including acoustic remakes of songs from TESLA's entire catalog and two brand new songs, "Second Street" and "Better Off Without You". TESLA received the key to the city from Sacramento mayor Kevin Johnson last December at the Sacramento Rock And Radio Museum. Known as the originators of the "unplugged" craze of the '90s, California rockers TESLA launched the 20th-anniversary tour last year of their legendary "Five Man Acoustical Jam" in full acoustic fashion in support of "Twisted Wires And The Acoustic Sessions". TESLA released a live album, "Alive In Europe!", in Europe on April 23, 2010 via Frontiers Records. TESLA's latest studio album, "Forever More", sold more than 16,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release to debut at position No. 33 on The Billboard 200 chart. The CD was released on October 7, 2008 on Tesla Electric Company Recordings. The European version of the album, which was made available on November 7 via Frontiers Records, contains two bonus tracks not found on the American version.
- Loudwire posts and interview with Smile Empty Soul
- Loudwire reports how Slash recalls how he got his name
- Loudwire posts a Staind/Godsmack farewll video
- Loudwire posts the Top 20 songs of the week
- Loudwire reports Anthrax and Trent Reznor highlight the Tony Hawk video game soundtrack
- Loudwire wants to know what is your favorite Sublime song
- Loudwire posts an interview with Lacuna Coil about skateboarding and influences
- Blabbermouth reports Glenn Danzig says atercation with North Side Kingsfrontman was 'a setup.' Read more at Loudwire
- Ultimate Classic Rock reports Steven Tyler comments on Mick Jagger's impersonation of him on Saturday Night Live
- Ultimate Classic Rock reports Styx guitarist James Young says the band offers fans a break in these times
- Rolling Stone reports on The Red Hot Chili Peppers in Los Angeles
- Classic Rock posts a part 2 track-by-track guide to Delian's new album "We Are The Others"
- Classic Rock reports the lead singer of the European band Fish says bands are being priced out of London
- Classic Rock reports Wolfmother singer Andrew Stockdale denies charges that he is a tyrant
- Spinner posts an interview with Gaslight Anthem
- Blabbermouth reports when BLACKMORE'S NIGHT rolled in to York, England, on September 30, 2011, the heat scorched the medieval streets and the sunlight bathed the old city walls. Inside the Grand Opera House, Ritchie Blackmore, Candice Night and their band of minstrels were generating their own heat as they took their devoted audience on a musical journey through the ages with songs from their two new albums, "Secret Voyage" and "Autumn Sky", such as "Locked Within The Crystal Ball", "Darkness" plus a new interpretation of "First Of May" — a rarely played ballad, originally done by the BEE GEES, and an additional smattering of songs from earlier albums, most notably the classic "Fires At Midnight". The third BLACKMORE'S NIGHT DVD release, "A Knight In York", captures all the magic of this stunning BLACKMORE'S NIGHT show.
- Blabbermouth reports KREATOR and MORBID ANGEL will join forces for a European tour with support from NILE and FUELED BY FIRE. KREATOR's new album, "Phantom Antichrist", will be released on June 1 in Europe and June 5 in North America via Nuclear Blast Records. The CD was recorded at Fascination Street Studios in Örebro, Sweden with renowned producer Jens Bogren (OPETH, KATATONIA, SOILWORK, DEVIN TOWNSEND, AMON AMARTH). On February 24 (February 28 in North America), Season of Mist released a compilation of remixed tracks from MORBID ANGEL's latest album, "Illud Divinum Insanus". Far from being just revamped versions of the seminal extreme metal band's newest songs, this collection presents the work of 39 artists from the electro / industrial, techno and club scene. MORBID ANGEL's latest album, "Illud Divinum Insanus", sold around 3,600 copies in the United States in its first week of release to enter The Billboard 200 chart at position No. 141. The effort marks MORBID ANGEL's first CD to feature bassist/vocalist David Vincent since 1995's "Domination".
Read more quick hits at Classic Rock, Noisecreep1, Noisecreep2 and Spinner