- Loudwire posts an interview with Chris Cornell on new Soundgarden and touring as a solo artist
- Loudwire posts A "That Metal Show" recap with The Cult and Doro
- Loudwire posts and interview with Shinedown talking about festivals and Levon Helm
- Loudwire reports Sebastian Bach rocks out to the "Jeffersons" theme
- Loudwire posts a report with Slash on the first time he picked up a guitar
- Ultimate Classic Rock posts an interview with Chickenfoot's Kenny Aronoff about drumming with some of rocks biggest names
- Ultimate Classic Rock reports a hidden image on Bruce Springsteen's "Born To Run" album cover has been restored
- Noisecreep reports happy 45th birthday to Death's Chuck Schuldiner
- Blabbermouth posts behind-the-scenes footage from the video shoot for "Lost In Forever", the new single from Christian hard rockers P.O.D. (PAYABLE ON DEATH), can be seen below. The clip was shot in the California desert with director Spence Nicholson (BLEEDING THROUGH, THE BLED) and will make its online debut tomorrow (Monday, May 14). "Lost In Forever" comes off P.O.D.'s new album, "Murdered Love", which will be released on July 10 via Razor & Tie. The band's long-awaited follow-up to "When Angels & Serpents Dance" sees them reunited with longtime producer Howard Benson, who also produced the group's massive "Satellite" album as well as hit CDs for Kelly Clarkson, THEORY OF A DEADMAN, DAUGHTRY, THE ALL AMERICAN REJECTS and MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE. The CD cover and packaging was illustrated and designed by Invisible Creature, whose previous credits include the FOO FIGHTERS, NORMA JEAN, Chris Cornell and many more. "Lost In Forever" is available for download on iTunes and you can listen to a stream of the song below. "When Angels & Serpents Dance" sold 34,000 in the United States in its first week of release in April 2008 to debut at position No. 9 on The Billboard 200 chart. The band's previous CD, "Testify", registered a first-week tally of just over 54,000 back in February 2006 to land at No. 9. "When Angels & Serpents Dance" featured guest appearances from the MARLEY SISTERS, SUICIDAL TENDENCIES singer Mike Muir and HELMET guitarist Page Hamilton.
- Blabbermouth reports tonight's (Sunday, May 13) Michael Schenker concert at O13 in Tilburg, Holland will be filmed for DVD release. Schenker's "Temple Of Rock" European tour marks the first time Schenker's band features two fellow ex-SCORPIONS members — Herman Rarebell (drums) and Francis Buchholz (bass). Vocalist Doogie White (ex-RAINBOW and YNGWIE MALMSTEEN) and keyboardist Wayne Findlay complete the lineup. The European concerts feature a plethora of hits spanning Michael Schenker's colorful career. Songs that are being performed by the "Temple Of Rock" lineup include UFO's "Rock Bottom" and "Doctor Doctor", MICHAEL SCHENKER GROUP's "Armed and Ready" and "Into The Arena", SCORPIONS classics "Another Piece Of Meat" and "Rock You Like A Hurricane", plus new songs from the recently released "Temple Of Rock" album "Miss Claustrophobia" and "Before The Devil Knows You're Dead". Fan-filmed video footage of Schenker's May 5 concert at Sala Totem in Pamplona, Spain can be seen below.
- Blabbermouth reports Stockholm, Sweden-based metal band FRANTIC AMBER — which features members from Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Japan — has won the Swedish Wacken Metal Battle 2012. The event was held on May 10 at Göta Källare in Stockholm. Five bands competed for an opportunity to play at the world's biggest metal festival, Wacken Open Air, in Wacken, Germany in August and FRANTIC AMBER won the Swedish slot. The jury consisted of music industry professionals and was headed by president Ida Evileye (CRUCIFIED BARBARA). They also won a backdrop from the Band Shop. Commented Ida Evileye: "Extremely convincing, inspiring, energetic and with a awesome matter of course, this band completely ran over us in the jury! I myself have been a bit of a fan since a year back when I heard this band for the first time. Now a year later, I hear a very different band that is very much more tight and persuasive! The winner of this year's Wacken Metal Battle [Sweden] is FRANTIC AMBER." FRANTIC AMBER will perform on the WET Stage at Wacken Open Air. FRANTIC AMBER recently scrapped its previously announced plans to release a second EP and has begun work on a full-length album instead. FRANTIC AMBER last year recruited a new drummer — and its first male member — Erik Röjås. Erik has been performing with the band since the 2011 edition of the Sweden Rock Festival and accompanied the group on its second tour of Russia in September. For more information, visit www.franticamber.com.
- Blabbermouth posts interviews with Slash, Tommy Thayer, Hellyeah, Rex Brown on illegal downloads, Shadows Fall, Fear Factory, St. Vitus on their new album, Blackgates, Trivium, Europe and Nightwish,
- Blabbermouth posts videos from Bonfire "Cry 4 Help," and Inmate "Without Warning"