Subscribe to channel
- Young The Giant will make its first appearance ever on morning television when the band performs on the May 22nd edition of the Today show. The group will perform "Cough Syrup" and "Apartment." Fans who gather outside the Today studios will be able to hear and see the band from outside. "Apartment" is the third single from the band's self-titled debut disc, following "My Body" and "Cough Syrup."
- No Doubt has finally set a date for the release of the band's long-delayed new album, which will now come out on September 25th. The quartet made the announcement in a video posted on their official YouTube page on Friday (May 4th). In an accompanying statement, the group wrote, "Thank you all so much for your support over the last 25 years. We're really proud of our new album and we hope you love it as much as we do. We'll be posting a lot of updates between now and September as we shoot the video and start rehearsing to perform the new songs live for all of you." The yet-to-be-titled album will be No Doubt's first since 2001's Rock Steady. (The Hollywood Reporter) Read more at Spinner and Rolling Stone
- Marilyn Manson's new album, Born Villain, is predicted to sell between 35,000 and 40,000 copies in its first week of release, according to industry website Hits Daily Double. The estimate was based on one-day sales reports compiled after the record arrived in stores last Tuesday (May 1st). Manson's previous CD, The High End Of Low, opened with 49,000 copies sold in May 2009 to debut at Number Four on the Billboard album chart. This was roughly half of the first-week tally registered by 2007's Eat Me, Drink Me, which landed at Number Eight after selling 88,000 copies. (Blabbermouth)
CHECK IT OUT: Watch No Doubt announce the release date of its new album:
- Blabbermouth posts Ozzy Osbourne's wife/manager Sharon Osbourne became a first-time grandmother on April 24 when their 26-year-old son Jack and his fiancée, actress Lisa Stelly, welcomed a daughter named Pearl at a healthy 8 lbs., 6 oz. Ozzy already had four grandchildren; two each from daughter Jessica and son Louis from his previous marriage to Thelma Riley. Introducing his daughter in this week's Hello! magazine in a photo shoot that also features his fiancée and his mother Sharon, Jack said, "People say when you have a kid, it's like instant love, but unless you've experienced it, it's impossible to comprehend. "The moment I saw her I felt more love than I'd ever felt for anything. It was the weirdest, most overwhelming thing." It is the first child for Osbourne and Lisa Stelly, who gushed about her future husband when announcing their engagement. At the time, Sharon said, "I'm happy because it's what Jack wants, so I'm happy. And I've always wanted to be a grandma, so it couldn't be better." Jack found fame through his family's MTV reality show "The Osbournes" and has since appeared in several other TV programs. Last year he produced a documentary about his father called "God Bless Ozzy Osbourne". See full exclusive article and photos in Hello! magazine, out now. Read more at Loudwire and Ultimate Classic Rock
- Blabbermouth reports step into CHICKENFOOT's studio The Foot Locker and take a peek at Joe Satriani, Michael Anthony, Kenny Aronoff (filling in for Chad Smith), and Sammy Hagar as they rehearse for the summer tour and meet with their new E.D.C.F.R.N.R. (Environmental Design Coordinator For Rock And Roll) about the tour's stage production. Watch the four-minute clip below. CHICKENFOOT's sophomore album, "III", sold 42,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release to land at position No. 9 on The Billboard 200 chart. The band's self-titled debut opened with 49,000 units back in June 2009 to debut at No. 6. "III" was produced by Mike Fraser (AC/DC, METALLICA) and is the much-anticipated follow-up album to the successful eponymous debut of a rock band packed with successful veterans. Featuring guitar hero Joe Satriani and former VAN HALEN members Michael Anthony (bass) and Sammy Hagar (vocals), CHICKENFOOT's touring lineup includes legendary drummer/musician Kenny Aronoff, who is filling in for Chad Smith while Smith hits the road with his main band, RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS. Read more at Ultimate Classic Rock
- Blabbermouth reports PROJECTED, the new project featuring SEVENDUST members John Connolly (guitar) and Vince Hornsby (bass) alongside ALTER BRIDGE/CREED drummer Scott Phillips and guitarist/vocalist Eric "Erock" Friedman (a.k.a. Erock; TREMONTI), is currently mixing a song called "12804", which is a "song I wrote as my tribute to Dimebag Darrell," says Connolly. He adds, "My daughter Jordan, who is 7, has declared the song a single! I guess I gotta agree. Probably my favorite song on the [forthcoming PROJECTED] record." The songtitle "12804" is a reference to the December 8, 2004 date, which is when former PANTERA guitarist "Dimebag" Darrell Abbott was shot and killed onstage while performing with DAMAGEPLAN at the Alrosa Villa in Columbus, Ohio. PROJECTED's debut release is expected to be made available later in the year. Connolly describes PROJECTED's musical direction as "not super heavy. . . somewhere closer to FOO FIGHTERS/A PERFECT CIRCLE. It's sorta heavy, just not real metal. I guess. The songs are pretty badass, though."
John Connolly (SEVENDUST) - Guitar, Vocals
Vince Hornsby (SEVENDUST) - Bass
Scott Phillips (ALTER BRIDGE, CREED) - Drums
Eric Friedman (a.k.a. Erock; TREMONTI) - Guitar, Vocals
- Blabbermouth reports according to The Salt Lake Tribune, SCORPIONS drummer James Kottak is among the musicians who will perform at The Heavy Metal Shop's 25th-anniversary party on Sunday, June 10 between 4 and 8 p.m. at the Exchange Place shop in Salt Lake City, Utah. SCORPIONS' "Comeblack", a new album of classic rock covers and fresh performances of signature repertoire recorded last year, sold around 5,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release to debut at position No. 90 on The Billboard 200 chart. SCORPIONS' last collection of all-original material, "Sting In The Tail", opened with 18,500 units to land at No. 23. This marked the band's highest chart debut in over 20 years. The CD also landed at No. 6 on the Rock Albums chart. "Sting In The Tail" was released in North America on March 23, 2010 via Universal Music Enterprises. The CD was recorded at a studio in Hannover, Germany with Swedish producers Mikael "Nord" Andersson and Martin Hansen (the team behind THE RASMUS' "Dead Letters" CD).
- Blabbermouth posts Revenge", a song from KILL DEVIL HILL — the band featuring Vinny Appice (HEAVEN & HELL, BLACK SABBATH, DIO) on drums, Rex Brown (PANTERA, DOWN) on bass, Mark Zavon (RATT, W.A.S.P., 40 CYCLE HUM) on guitar and Jason "Dewey" Bragg (PISSING RAZORS) on vocals — can be streamed below (courtesy of AOL's Decibel). The track comes off the group's self-titled debut album, which will be released via SPV/Steamhammer on the following dates: U.S./Canada: May 22, Germany: May 25, Rest Of Europe: May 28. "Kill Devil Hill" was originally due on March 27 but had its release date pushed back so that the band could record another track at the last minute. The group explained, "It was decided that a song that was to be a bonus track might be released as a single, so in order to include that song on the CD we needed an additional track to include as a bonus in its place." "Kill Devil Hill" was produced by Warren Riker, who is best known for his work with DOWN, CORROSION OF CONFORMITY, SUBLIME and CATHEDRAL. The effort will be available in a standard CD edition, as an iTunes digital download, and double gatefold LP. The song "Time & Time Again" can be streamed using the SoundCloud player below (courtesy of RevolverMag.com). According to Appice, KILL DEVIL HILL's sound is "like a cross between BLACK SABBATH, ALICE IN CHAINS and a little bit of LED ZEPPELIN thrown in. It's heavy, but with a lot of cool hooks and melodic overtones, too." The members of KILL DEVIL HILL previously stated about their songwriting and recording approach, "We are going old school meets new; no sample drums here!!" KILL DEVIL HILL made its live debut on April 29, 2011 at the Key Club in Hollywood, California. Read more at Classic Rock
"Revenge" audio stream:
- Blabbermouth posts "Indifferent", the new video from ADRENALINE MOB — the band featuring featuring drummer Mike Portnoy (DREAM THEATER, AVENGED SEVENFOLD), SYMPHONY X frontman Russell Allen, guitar virtuoso Mike Orlando (SONIC STOMP) and DISTURBED bassist John Moyer — can be seen below. The clip was was filmed in March in the desert in California and throughout Los Angeles with director Scott Hansen, who has previously worked with A DAY TO REMEMBER, UNEARTH and WILLIE NELSON, among others. "Indifferent" comes off ADRENALINE MOB's debut album, "Omertá", which sold around 6,600 copies in the United States in its first week of release to land at position No. 70 on The Billboard 200 chart. The CD was released in Europe on March 19 in Europe via Century Media Records and in the U.S. on March 13 through the newly formed Elm City Music in conjunction with EMI Label Services. The 11-song effort — which was produced by ADRENALINE MOB and mixed by Jay Ruston, who has previously worked on ANTHRAX's "Worship Music" and STEEL PANTHER's "Balls Out" — includes a blistering reinterpretation of DURAN DURAN's classic "Come Undone" featuring guest vocals by Lzzy Hale of HALESTORM. ADRENALINE MOB and KILL DEVIL HILL will join forces for a short co-headlining tour in May. The trek will kick off on May 10 in Cleveland and will make stops in Dallas, Chicago and Orlando before wrapping up in Charlotte on May 22. The shows will feature KILL DEVIL HILL followed by ADRENALINE MOB and then end in all-out jam between the two groups. Special VIP packages, including exclusive items and meet-and-greets will be available for each band. ADRENALINE MOB will embark on a European tour in June. Read more at Loudwire and Noisecreep
- Blabbermouth posts an audio sample of "Bury You", a track from HOTEL DIABLO — the new band featuring vocalist Rick Stitch (LADYJACK, ex-ADLER'S APPETITE), guitarist Alex Grossi (QUIET RIOT), bassist Mike Duda and drummer Mike Dupke (both of W.A.S.P.) — can be streamed in the YouTube clip below. The song comes off the group's full-length debut, "The Return To Psycho, California", which will be released worldwide on June 12. Other songtitles set to appear on CD include "Taken", "What I've Become" and "Wicked Lines". Professionally filmed video footage of HOTEL DIABLO's January 28 performance at the Key Club in Hollywood, California can be seen here. HOTEL DIABLO's "Psycho, California" six-song EP was recorded with producer (and former GUNS N' ROSES/ROCKSTAR SUPERNOVA guitarist) Gilby Clarke and is now available on iTunes and other online music stores. The entire EP can be streamed on the band's official web site, www.thehoteldiablo.com. "Psycho, California" is "a collection of stories, true stories, experienced during a time when our lives were filled with mind-altering shots of wretched adrenaline," says Stitch. "Strings got bent, knobs were turned and an uncontrolled visceral energy screamed life" into what has become "Psycho, California".
"Bury You" audio sample:
- Blabbermouth reports Yamaha Drums and Guitar Center have announced a very special series of West Coast clinics/workshops featuring Paul Bostaph (SLAYER, TESTAMENT, EXODUS, FORBIDDEN, BLACKGATES). These FREE workshops will give you a chance to see one of trash/metal drumming's greatest up close and personal plus learn more about Yamaha Drums with Yamaha artist relations manager Greg Crane. There will also be question-and-answer time with Paul along with specials on all Yamaha Drums and hardware the night of the event. For more information, visit the Yamaha Drums Facebook page. Bostaph quit TESTAMENT in December to focus on BLACKGATES, the new East San Francisco Bay Area/New York metal outfit also featuring former ANTHRAX singer Dan Nelson and guitarist Jeremy Epp (THE VENTING MACHINE).
- Blabbermouth reports "Spell Eater", the debut album from Los Angeles-based female-fronted metallers HUNTRESS, has entered the German Media Control chart at position No. 96. Says the band: "Charting on the Top 100 in Germany with a debut metal album is a huge victory for us and heavy metal. Thank you, Thomas Caser, and Napalm Records for all your hard work and faith in us! It's just the beginning! Tomorrow, May 8th 'Spell Eater' is released in North American! Get it on iTunes, Amazon, at your local record shop or NapalmRecords.com for limited-edition packages! HAIL METAL!!!" HUNTRESS vocalist Jill Janus told AOL's Noisecreep about the "Spell Eater" artwork, "The album cover captures the beauty and brutality of HUNTRESS. Vance Kelly is a warlock and he took our vision and created a magical illustration that breathes glory into the old crone. We contemplated having either a sultry sorceress or decrepit forest witch as our cover babe. Ultimately, the crone won because she is the true Huntress."
According to a press release, "Janus is an operatic banshee with an unparalleled four-octave range and lust for the occult. Born and raised in the Catskill Mountains of New York, she toured Europe as a teenage opera starlet. Upon her return to the States, Janus embraced Manhattan nightlife, creating Felliniesque cabarets and parties in a nihilistic club scene. Years later, Janus moved to Los Angeles and began the gestation period of HUNTRESS. In 2009 she met underground metal band PROFESSOR. The universe spread her legs and delivered HUNTRESS to Janus, combining former members of PROFESSOR, DARK BLACK and SKELETONWITCH." HUNTRESS is currently supporting DRAGONFORCE on a North American tour. Check out the "Spell Eater" video at Loudwire
- Blabbermouth reports bassist and lead vocalist Jon Macak of Chicago, Illinois-based thrashers DIAMOND PLATE will leave the band's current tour with OVERKILL and GOD FORBID to return home due to a recent family emergency. His bandmates have decided to continue on with the remainder of their trek with tour manager and close friend Dan Valente filling in on bass and vocal duties. Commented Macak: "I am very sad to say that I will not be able to be a part of the last six Killfest dates. I will be flying home to Chicago Sunday morning to be with my mother who is very ill and needs my support. There is a chance that she does not have much time left, so I want to be by her side as much as possible. The rest of the band will finish the tour without me and I want to thank everyone for their support and understanding." Added the other members of DIAMOND PLATE: "We all wish Jon and his family strength through this incredibly hard time. Words can't describe how much Jon's presence will be missed on stage as a frontman, but most importantly our best friend. After these shows without him, we will come back stronger than ever and with a new understanding of what it means to be a band. An incredible thanks goes out to Dan Valente, our tour manager, who will help us finish the tour by handling bass and vocal duties. Thank you to all the fans for the support and understanding, and please keep Jon's family in your positive thoughts."
Remaining DIAMOND PLATE tour dates with OVERKILL:
May 08 - Tampa, FL - The Orpheum
May 09 - Ft. Lauderdale, FL - Culture Room
May 10 - Atlanta, GA -The Masquerade
May 11 - West Springfield, VA - Jaxx Nightclub
May 12 - New York, NY - Best Buy Theater
DIAMOND PLATE's "At The Mountains Of Madness" video can be seen below. The clip was filmed with director Dave Vorhes in the band's hometown. The song comes off DIAMOND PLATE's debut album, "Generation Why?", which was recorded at RAX Trax studios in Chicago with producer Neil Kernon (JUDAS PRIEST, DEICIDE, NEVERMORE, 3 INCHES OF BLOOD). By incorporating elements of extreme metal, hardcore and other outside interests, DIAMOND PLATE has made a solid thrash album that is proudly modern, yet can stand the test of time. Neil Kernon, no stranger to making records that were hallmarks of aggression, helped shape "Generation Why?" into just that. DIAMOND PLATE is a young, dynamic band which has taken the Midwest metal scene by storm and now have its eyes set on global domination. Formed in 2008, this high-energy act has earned high honors from respected outlets such as Terrorizer magazine, which named DIAMOND PLATE as one of the best unsigned bands in the very year that the band first got together.
- Blabbermouth posts The first official photo of CALL ME NO ONE — the new project featuring SEVENDUST drummer Morgan Rose and guitarist Clint Lowery — can be seen here. The group's lineup is rounded out by bassist Rek Mohr (HURT) and guitarist Alan Price (SOULS HARBOR, SHINEDOWN). CALL ME NO ONE's debut album, "Last Parade", will arrive on June 5. The CD's first single, "Biggest Fan", will be available to purchase on iTunes on April 24.
- Blabbermouth reports singer Jonas Renkse of Swedish dark rockers KATATONIA has finished laying down vocals on the band's new album, tentatively due in September via Peaceville Records. He says in an online posting, "Vocals done a few days ago, now checking through every song to make sure this baby is ready for mix!" Read more at Loudwire
- Ultimate Classic Rock reports Jim "Dandy" Mangrum from Black Oak Arkansas remebers questioned after John Lennon's death
- Ultimate Classic Rock reports it was 40 years ago this month that Bruce Springsteen auditioned for Columbia Records
- Loudwire posts a stream of the new Otherwise album "True Love Never Dies" out tomorrow
- Loudwire posts a new interview with Nightwish
- Loudwire posts a new interview with Ghost
- Rolling Stone talks to Robin Wilson from the Gin Blossoms abot the 90's
- Spinner reports Adam Clayton of U2 is in court claiming a former housekeeper may have stole over $6 million from him
- Spinner posts and interview with Foxy Shazam
- Noisecreep posts and interview with Suicide Silence
- Noisecreep reports Linkin Park and Incubus have announced a "Honda Civic Tour" show in their hometown Los Angeles
- Noisecreep posts lyrics for the tittle track of the new Hellyeah album "Band Of Brothers"
- Noisecreep reports The Sword will do a few warm up shows before the Metallica festival
- Noisecreep posts a new video "Terrorized In The Night" from Hell Or High Water
- Blabbermouth posts performance footage from George Lynch at Costa Rica Guitar Clinics,
Read more quick hits at Classic Rock, Noisecreep and Spinner
Return to previous page
Send to a friend
MTV's Daily Video