Subscribe to channel
- Florence And The Machine has posted a new song online called "Breath Of Life" that has been recorded for the soundtrack of the upcoming movie Snow White And The Huntsman. The tune, which features a large orchestra, was recorded in Los Angeles. Singer Florence Welch said it was inspired by Queen Ravenna, the evil villainness played in the film by Charlize Theron. Welch explained, "The Queen is just this incredible character; so hungry for life but so dead inside. She's sort of eternal, but inside there's nothing." The soundtrack arrives on May 29th, with the movie -- which also stars Twilight's Kristen Stewart and Thor's Chris Hemsworth -- opening on June 1st. (NME.com) Read more at Antiquiet
- System Of A Down vocalist Serj Tankian has released a teaser video for "Figure It Out," the first single from his third solo album, Harakiri. The plot of the explicit language teaser follows two thugs, one played by Tankian, who kidnap, torture and waterboard an innocent mailbox. The interactive clip even lets the viewer choose an ending. A separate official music video will be released shortly. Harakiri is due out on July 10th. (Loudwire) Read more at Blabbermouth
- Coldplay will perform on next week's edition of American Idol, with the band set to appear on Thursday (May 3rd). The quartet is scheduled to play two songs, with at least one picked from their latest album, Mylo Xyloto. Rumors are already starting to circulate that Rihanna could show up and perform "Princess Of China" with the group. Coldplay is currently on a North American tour that brings the British act to San Jose, California on Friday and Saturday (April 27th and 28th). (Hollywood Reporter)
CHECK IT OUT: Listen to the new Florence And The Machine song:
Watch Serj Tankian's teaser video for "Figure It Out" (warning -- explicit language):
- Friends and family of Levon Helm got a chance to say goodbye on Thursday (April 26). A public memorial was held at his Woodstock, NY home. The service took place in the barn where Helm had his famous Midnight Ramble concerts since 2007. Reportedly, 1,000 people paid their respects. A private funeral will take place today (April 27) and Helm will be laid to rest at the Woodstock Cemetery next to fellow band mate Rick Danko. Read more at Ultimate Classic Rock, Spinner and Rolling Stone Read what Levon Helm meant to Woodstock at Spinner
- Gladys Knight was the latest person to get dismissed from Dacing with the Stars this week. Knight said, "I am so just amazed at this journey. It's been absolutely extraordinary." Gladys lost 60 pounds on the show.
- Joe Satriani was reportedly ready to give up music when Rolling Stones singer, Mick Jagger hired him. Satriani told Noisecreep that he was failing to promote his album, Surfing With The Alien when Jagger added him to his band. He said, "They're some of the most fantastic memories I have in life - and it actually pretty much may have saved my career. Talk about a random event you'd never expect to happen." Read more at Ultimate Classic Rock, Noisecreep and Classic Rock
- Loudwire posts an interview with Pete Loeffler from Chevelle on hot rods and the latest album.
- Loudwire posts and interview with Chester Bennington of Linkinn Park and Brandon Boyd of Incubus discussing the Honda Civic Tour.
- Loudwire posts an interview with Bruce Dickinson of Iron Maiden about aviation after 9/11.
- Blabbermouth posts "Breathe", a new song from STONE TEMPLE PILOTS/ex-VELVET REVOLVER singer Scott Weiland will appear on the upcoming soundtrack to this year's highly anticipated movie, "Marvel's The Avengers". "Breathe" is included on "Avengers Assemble", a 14-track compilation of music from and inspired by the film. "Avengers Assemble" will be released on May 1. In addition to Weiland' "Breathe", the "Avengers Assemble" collection features original songs inspired by the exciting and action-packed film event. The diverse range of artists includes SOUNDGARDEN, RISE AGAINST, SHINEDOWN, BUSH and REDLIGHT KING.
"Avengers Assemble" track listing:
01. Live To Rise - SOUNDGARDEN
02. I'm Alive - SHINEDOWN
03. Dirt And Roses - RISE AGAINST
04. Even If I Could - PAPA ROACH
05. Unbroken - BLACK VEIL BRIDES
06. Breathe - SCOTT WEILAND
07. Comeback - REDLIGHT KING
08. Into The Blue - BUSH
09. A New Way To Bleed (Photek Remix)" - EVANESCENCE
10. Count Me Out - PUSHERJONES
11. Shoot To Thrill - THEORY OF A DEADMAN
12. Wherever I Go - BUCKCHERRY
13. From Out Of Nowhere - FIVE FINGER DEATH PUNCH
14. Shake The Ground - CHERRI BOMB
Additional track on the international release:
15. Pistols At Dawn - KASABIAN
"Breathe" can now be streamed below (courtesy of Spinner.com). Read more at Noisecreep
- Blabbermouth reports progressive hard rock icons DREAM THEATER were honored to receive several awards from the leading Japanese rock magazine Burrn! while on their current Asian tour. The band's latest album, "A Dramatic Turn Of Events", won "Best Album" and "Best Front Cover" in the 2011 readers' poll. In addition to the album being chosen by Burrn! readers, Japanese heavy metal radio personality Masa Ito picked John Petrucci as "Best Guitarist" and Jordan Rudess as "Best Keyboardist" in the 2011 awards. Japan was one of the 14 countries where "A Dramatic Turn Of Events" had a Top Ten debut. The band — James LaBrie (vocals), John Myung (bass), John Petrucci (guitar and vocals), Jordan Rudess (keyboards and continuum) and Mike Mangini (drums) — received the awards this week while on tour in Japan in support of "A Dramatic Turn Of Events", which features the Grammy-nominated song "On The Backs Of Angels" ("Best Hard Rock/Metal Performance" category). The Asian tour began April 19 in Seoul, Korea, bringing the group to Japan, Indonesia, Singapore, Taiwan and Bangkok, Thailand, where it concludes May 8. "We want to express a heartfelt thank you to Burrn! magazine, Masa Ito and all of our fans in Asia and around the world who not only voted for us in the readers poll but continue to support us every day," DREAM THEATER said in response to receiving the awards. "All of you keep the dream alive and for that we are eternally grateful." Next up for DREAM THEATER is their North American summer tour which launches June 15 in Rochester, New York and wrap July 21 in Chester, Pennsylvania. The tour includes stops at the Gibson Amphitheater in Los Angees and the PNC Bank Arts Center in Holmdel, New Jersey plus a two-night engagement at the Paramount Theater on Long Island, New York.
- Blabbermouth reports the soundtrack to the upcoming film adaptation of the hit Broadway musical "Rock Of Ages", which showcases popular rock songs from the '70s and '80s, features the cast — Tom Cruise, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Russell Brand and Julianne Hough — singing some of the greatest hits of the "hair-band" era. Due to be released June 5 — ten days before the film hits theatres — "Rock Of Ages: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack" features the following track listing:
01. Paradise City (Tom Cruise)
02. Sister Christian/Just Like Paradise/Nothin' But a Good Time (Diego Boneta)
03. Juke Box Hero/I Love Rock 'N' Roll (Diego Boneta)
04. Hit Me With Your Best Shot (Catherine Zeta-Jones)
05. Waiting For A Girl Like You Diego Boneta
06. More Than Words/Heaven (Diego Boneta)
07. Wanted Dead Or Alive (Julianne Hough)
08. I Want To Know What Love Is (Malin Akerman)
09. I Wanna Rock (Diego Boneta)
10. Pour Some Sugar On Me (Tom Cruise)
11. Harden My Heart (Julianne Hough)
12. Shadows Of The Night/Harden My Heart (Julianne Hough)
13. Here I Go Again (Diego Boneta)
14. Can't Fight This Feeling (Russell Brand)
15. Any Way You Want It (Julianne Hough)
16. Undercover Love (Diego Boneta)
17. Every Rose Has Its Thorn (Diego Boneta)
18. Rock You Like A Hurricane (Julianne Hough)
19. We Built This City/We're Not Gonna Take It (Russell Brand)
20. Don't Stop Believin' (Diego Boneta)
Tom Cruise stars in "Rock Of Ages" as Stacee Jaxx, an aging musician whose glory days are long past. Among the tunes Cruise performs are DEF LEPPARD's "Pour Some Sugar On Me", SCORPIONS' "Rock You Like A Hurricane", BON JOVI's "Wanted Dead Or Alive" and STYX's "Renegade". DEF LEPPARD guitarist Phil Collen recently told VH1 Classic Rock Nights that he and his bandmates got to meet Cruise and that the actor "was a super-lovely guy." Collen added, "I was so impressed because he hadn't sung before and he had vocal lessons. He was literally doing five hours a day, five days a week, like truly real, getting in there and doing it. And we saw him and he was amazing, it was like Iggy Pop meets someone else and he's in great shape and it was like, 'What!?!' It was surreal, but he really pulls it off and it was like he's a total rock star." It was previously reported that Cruise was preparing for his role by training with Axl Rose's vocal coach. "He's been studying with — seriously — Axl Rose's voice teacher like five hours a day," director Adam Shankman told The Wrap in April. "The prognosis is more than excellent." The movie is a love story told through the music of PAT BENATAR, BON JOVI, JOURNEY, POISON, TWISTED SISTER and other artists from the 1980s. "Rock Of Ages" also stars Alec Baldwin, Russell Brand, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Paul Giamatti, Malin Akerman and many others. It scheduled to arrive in theaters on June 15. Read more at Ultimate Classic Rock and Noisecreep
- Blabbermouth reports before legendary heavy metal singer Ronnie James Dio died in May 2010, his former guitarist Rowan Robertson got in touch with a Norwegian drummer, Rick Hagan, and started talking about doing a few shows featuring the material from Rowsn's period in DIO, which Ronnie had not played for 20 years. With bassist Are Gogstad and singer Nils Patrik Johansson, the lineup was stable and toured in Norway twice under the name QUEENSTREET. But there was one part missing, and with the addition of 25-year BLACK SABBATH member Geoff Nicholls, THE SOUTHERN CROSS became the natural representation of what DIO musically stood for in the Eighties and early Nineties. THE SOUTHERN CROSS's 2012 tour sees the band visit highlights from RAINBOW, BLACK SABBATH and DIO. Songs like "Man On The Silver Mountain", "Falling Off The Edge Of The World", "Lock Up The Wolves", "Don't Talk To Strangers" and, of course, the classics "Heaven And Hell" and "Holy Diver" are all featured in the concerts. So now it's time to dig out your old RAINBOW and SABBATH LPs again and rediscover the power of "Heaven And Hell", "Rainbow Rising", "Mob Rules", "Holy Diver" and all the other immortal records Ronnie James Dio left us with. In the late 1980s Robertson heard that Ronnie James Dio was looking for a new guitarist. He sent a tape to the record company Phonogram. After six months of waiting, he got a reply that stated that at that moment they were not interested in him. At the encouragement of his friend and fellow guitarist Sean Manning (HURRICANE) the tenacious Robertson then contacted the DIO fan club who then asked him to send his demo tape to them. Robertson, who was 17 years old at the time, got a great response from DIO after receiving the demo through the fan-club channels. In late January or early February 1989 Robertson was flown to Los Angeles for an audition with DIO. He was auditioned twice. Immediately after the second audition he was invited to join the band. The press-release for the addition of Robertson to DIO was sent out on July 18, 1989 and the press was invited to meet the newest DIO guitarist on July 20, 1989 at Oliver's Pub in New York City. The first DIO album Robertson started working on with DIO was "Lock up the Wolves". These sessions included Jimmy Bain, Vinny Appice and Jens Johansson. The band had already begun writing and recording when Jimmy Bain and Vinny Appice were suddenly excused from the band. They were replaced with Teddy Cook and former AC/DC drummer Simon Wright. "Lock up the Wolves" was released in 1990, and the band embarked on a tour in support of the album. Robertson stayed with DIO until Ronnie James Dio rejoined BLACK SABBATH in 1991. Dio and Robertson had been writing songs for an album to be released in May 1991 which ended up being shelved. When the DIO band was put on ice, Robertson started work on an instructional video for guitar players. It was released on Star Licks in July or August 1991. He then teamed up with vocalist Oni Logan (ex-LYNCH MOB) and drummer Jimmy Paxson (from TRIANGLE) and began to write and record on an album together for Atlantic Records.
- Blabbermouth reports THE CULT will guest on the nationally syndicated radio show "Rockline" with host Bob Coburn on Wednesday, May 23 at 8:30 p.m. PT / 11:30 p.m. ET. Fans are encouraged to speak with THE CULT by calling 1-800-344-ROCK (7625). The show will be streamed on the "Rockline" web site for two weeks beginning the afternoon after the live broadcast. For more information, visit RocklineRadio.com. THE CULT's film clip for their new single, "For The Animals", from their forthcoming "Choice Of Weapon" album, reflects the socially and economically divided world that we find ourselves facing. "'For The Animals' is a metaphor for people existing in a realm outside of structured society and what cultural editors deem to be relevant," explains THE CULT's lead singer Ian Astbury. "It could be the feral punk rock kids squatting in abandoned homes or the spirited individual who has little regard for social conventions. It's for people who choose not to tow the party line or try to fit in. It's for the free-thinkers who are creative and dynamic."
- Blabbermouth reports San Francisco Bay Area metallers MACHINE HEAD are inviting fans in the Czech Republic to take part in the band's next video shoot. A message on the group's Facebook page states, "Calling all MACHINE HEAD fans in Prague! MACHINE HEAD will be filming a video for the track 'Darkness Within' in the Czech Republic, and we want you in it! "Only the most die-hard, crazy and insane MACHINE HEAD fans are asked to apply as you will be required to show your passion and intensity on camera. Send your age, contact info and a photo or video proving to us why you should be in the video to email@example.com. "Filming will take place between May 4 and May 9." "Darkness Within" comes off MACHINE HEAD's new album, "Unto The Locust", which sold more than 17,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release to land at position No. 22 on The Billboard 200 chart — putting MACHINE HEAD in the Top 25 for the first time in the band's 17-year history.
- Blabbermouth reports Swedish melodic death metallers DARK TRANQUILLITY have re-signed with Century Media Records. The influential band from Gothenburg released its first album on Century Media in 1999, and has since issued six full-length CDs, two DVDs and a handful of special releases.
- Blabbermouth reports Oakland, California-based extreme metallers ALL SHALL PERISH have not sued, nor have they authorized anyone to sue on their behalf, fans who illegally downloaded the band's music. Earlier today, it was reported by both Miami New Times and TorrentFreak that a Panamanian company called World Digital Rights filed a lawsuit last week in Miami's federal courthouse seeking $150,000 in damages, as well as court costs, from 80 anonymous music fans who allegedly illegally downloaded tracks from the group's newest album, "This Is Where It Ends". he suit (case number 2:12-cv-00225-UA-SPC), which was filed on April 20 in the US District Court For The Middle District of Florida, reportedly seeks to identify dozens of their fans who allegedly shared their music on BitTorrent without permission. Upon information and belief, each defendant went to a torrent site to download a torrent file and then downloaded and uploaded the copyrighted Work within the BitTorrent network," court papers read. n a letter to the Miami New Times, ALL SHALL PERISH's manager, Ryan Downey of Artery Foundation, writes, "The headline [of the Miami New Times article] is factually untrue, the lede is aggressively presumptuous at best and libelous at worst; in fact, by the time it makes it to 'graph 4, it flat out contradicts the headline and lede. "I can assure you, ALL SHALL PERISH HAS NOT FILED SUIT AGAINST ANYONE. The blog says, 'Omar Ortega, World Digital's attorney, could not be reached for comment."
- Read a review of Steel Panther in Connecticut at Loudwire
- Loudwire posts a song review of the new Joey Ramone song "What Did I Do To Deserve You."
- Blabbermouth posts interviews with QUEENSRYCHE, LEMMY, EUROPE, IRON MAIDEN, HALESTORM, PARADISE LOST, MICHAEL KISKE, SIX FEET UNDER, THE AGONIST, ZAKK WYLDE, SEPULTURA
Read more quick bites at Classic Rock and Noisecreep
Return to previous page
Send to a friend
MTV's Daily Video
Between the Bu..