- Courtney Love apologized to her estranged daughter, Frances Bean Cobain, for alleging that ex-Nirvana drummer and current Foo Fighters frontman Dave Grohl tried to seduce the 19-year-old. Early Saturday morning (April 14th), Love posted at Twitter, "Bean, sorry I believed the gossip. Mommy loves you." Love said last week on Twitter that Grohl tried to sleep with Frances because of his "sexual obsession" with her father, Kurt Cobain. Grohl called Love's remarks "offensive," while Frances stated that her mother should be banned from Twitter. Perhaps Love should apologize to Grohl too? (Rolling Stone) Read more at Loudwire, Ultimate Classic Rock, Spinner and Classic Rock Read what Frances Bean Cobain said at Loudwire Rolling Stone, Spinner and Classic Rock
- Will Coldplay be forced to lip-sync to its own song if the band performs at the Olympics this year? Apparently that's the case. A spokesperson for the U.K.'s Musicians Union said that all music acts performing at either the opening or closing ceremonies will have to play to a pre-recorded track, saying, "Due to the complexity involved, it's just not possible for the music in all the shows to be live. There will be live musical elements but many of the songs will be recorded in advance. This is standard practice for an event of this scale." Coldplay and the Rolling Stones are both rumored to be appearing at the Olympics. (Gigwise)
- British folk-rockers Mumford And Sons are going on a summer tour of the U.K. during which they plan to help support local businesses. Dubbed the Gentlemen Of The Road tour, the trek will stop in towns not normally visited by bands. The group will use local bars and venues for aftershow parties, and aims to get the local community for each date involved as much as possible. The band compared the tour to a "traveling Victorian circus." (BBC Newsbeat)
- The Black Keys make an appearance on Monday night's (April 16th) edition of No Reservations , which airs on the Travel Channel at 9:00 p.m. ET. In their segment, the Keys will toss host Anthony Bourdain into the same van seen on the cover of their El Camino album and take him to their favorite barbecue place, called Woodland Bar-B-Que. A clip from the show has been posted online. (Loudwire) Read more at Spinner
- Van Halen has just released a music video for "She's The Woman," the official second single from the band's new album A Different Kind Of Truth. The clip is a combination of rehearsal and live footage, while the song is one of several on the new disc that was resurrected from the band's vaults and retooled for the new album. The original version of "She's The Woman" first appeared on a demo in 1976 that was produced by Kiss bassist Gene Simmons. (Antiquiet) Read more at Blabbermouth, Loudwire Ultimate Classic Rock and Noisecreep
CHECK IT OUT: Van Halen's new video for "She's The Woman":
- The Bee Gees' Robin Gibb is gravely ill in Britain after slipping into a coma while battling pneumonia following his recent liver and colon cancer troubles. His official website robingibb.com features a modern photo of Robin with the text: "Sadly the reports are true that Robin has contracted pneumonia and is in a coma. We are all hoping and praying that he will pull through. Because of this situation, Robin's website is temporarily unavailable. Sorry for any inconvenience." The 62-year-old singer's wife Dwina, his three children Melissa, Spencer, and Robin-John, along with older brother Barry and his son Stephen have been keeping a bedside vigil around him in London. Robin-John Gibb told the BBC, "He is still in hospital, he's fighting infection and of course -- as a lot of people who have family members or friends who endure cancer, they know -- there are a lot of periphery problems afterwards they have to deal with." (Vintage Vinyl News) Read more at Ultimate Classic Rock, Rolling Stone and Spinner Read about missing his movie premire at Spinner
- Five classic guitars have been stolen from Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers' West Los Angeles rehearsal studio. The band is offering a $7,500 reward promising that "no questions" will be asked. The band has been rehearsing at Culver City's Culver Studios in preparation for their upcoming tour, which kicks off on Wednesday (April 18th) in Broomfield, Colorado. The Los Angeles Times reported that, "the guitars include Petty's 1967 12-string Rickenbacker and his Gibson SG TV Junior, Ron Blair's Fender Broadcaster, Scott Thurston's 1967 Epiphone Sheridan, and Mike Campbell's blue Dusenberg, which was built for Campbell to commemorate the band's 30th anniversary."
- The Heartbreakers have asked anyone with information about the stolen instruments to email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Culver City police detectives at (310) 253-6305. Read more at Ultimate Classic Rock, Rolling Stone, Spinner and Classic Rock
- Paul McCartney has enlisted the help of actors Natalie Portman and Johnny Depp to appear in the belated video for his single, "My Valentine." The tune is one of several McCartney originals recorded for his recent Kisses On The Bottom album. In all, three videos were prepared, one each with Portman and Depp, and one combining the two. This is the second McCartney video Portman has appeared in, having co-starred in 2007's "Dance Tonight" clip. McCartney's producer, Tommy LiPuma, had told us that the promotion for Kisses On The Bottom was far from done: "Actually, he just finished a few videos where he -- I haven't seen it, so I'm not sure what it's like -- but he got Johnny Depp and Natalie Portman to hand sign the song of 'My Valentine.'" Read more at Ultimate Classic Rock and Spinner
CHECK IT OUT: McCartney's new video for "My Valentine" with Natalie Portman And Johnny Depp:
- Peter Frampton has just added six summer shows, which will mark his final dates for 2012. Frampton, who's never stopped writing, recording, and touring since his '70s heyday, admitted to us that he's constantly amazed with whom he's gotten to make music with over the years: "People like myself that have been doing it for this long, I think it's because we're such a fan of everybody else. You never forget the people that really influenced you at the beginning and throughout your career. So from Hank Marvin to Pearl Jam (laughs), y'know, I got to play with all these people. And it's such an honor to realize that they want to play with me. I've been exceedingly lucky. I appreciate the talent I was given. I've never phoned it in."
- Peter Frampton tour dates (subject to change):
August 3 - Otsego, MN - Rockwoods Jamfest
August 4 - Rockford, IL - Davis Park
August 7 - Buffalo, NY - Artpark
August 8 - Kettering, OH - Fraze Pavilion
August 10 - Greensboro, NC - Coliseum Complex
August 11 - Asheville, NC - Biltmore
Peter Frampton On Still Being Primarily A Music Fan
Tommy LiPuma On Paul McCartney 'My Valentine' Video
- Marc Anthony reportedly waited nine months to file divorce papers from Jennifer Lopez because he was hoping for a reconciliation. According to TMZ, Marc filed for divorce after he reportedly had a heart to heart with Jennifer to see if she truly wanted to end the marriage. Reportedly, Marc wanted to give the marriage another try but Jennifer confessed that she was deeply in love with Casper Smart and intended on pursuing that relationship. Marc was reportedly really hurt because he had no idea that things between Jennifer and Casper were so serious.
- Noisecreep reports As I Lay Dying are ready to roll up their sleeves (and show off their sleeves of tattoos) and begin the recording process for the follow up to 2010's The Powerless Rise. The band has tapped Bill Stevenson to man the boards. Stevenson has smashed the skins in punk bands like The Descendents and Black Flag, and he has twiddled knobs for Rise Against, NOFX and more. Does this choice of producer signal a change in AILD's metalcore sound? Probably not! [Metal Insider] Read more at Loudwire
- Noisecreep reports British punk/hardcore band Gallows are working on their third album. The band posted a Facebook update, writing: "Work on Gallows album number 3 starts officially in a week. Very excited to bring you new music and get touring everywhere again." Bring the piss and vinegar, boys. [Facebook]
- Noiscreep reports Long Island post-hardcore/pre-emo band Glassjaw will be celebrating the 10-year anniversary of Worship and Tribute by playing the 2002-released album from back to front at Irving Plaza in New York City on July 8. Who's going? We kinda wish they'd also play Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Silence in full, even though it came out in 2000. Just sayin'. [Glassjaw Site]
- Noisecreep reports the third annual Cruefest Atlanta Charity event – not to be confused with the Motley Crue summer tour of the same name- is set for June 1 at 10 High Club in the A-t-l. Local bands, will perform. Attendees are asked to celebrate the miracle of life and raise funds to continue the fight against childhood diseases. The highlight of Crüefest Atlanta is the opportunity for Motley Crüe fans to come together and raise money for a worthy cause. All proceeds will be donated directly to the Skylar Neil Foundation. The event is not associated with the band, but it does raise money for the foundation of singer Vince Neil's late daughter [Cruefest Atlanta Facebook]
- Spinner posts and interview with Billy Corgan about the Smashing Pumpkins and the 90's
- Blabbermouth posts ex-GUNS N' ROSES drummer Matt Sorum says that he feels "truly blessed beyond [his] wildest dreams" to have been inducted into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame alongside his former GN'R bandmates. After being inducted by GREEN DAY's Billie Joe Armstrong last night (Saturday, April 14) in Cleveland, Ohio, Slash, Duff McKagan, Steven Adler and Sorum gave short speeches. They then proceeded to perform three "Appetite For Destruction" songs with ALTER BRIDGE's Myles Kennedy handling lead vocals. He sang "Mr. Brownstone", "Sweet Child O' Mine" and "Paradise City", with "Use Your Illusion"-era member Sorum sitting behind the drum kit on "Brownstone" and the man he replaced in GN'R, Adler, pounding the skins for the other two songs. In a series of tweets from yesterday and today, Sorum wrote, "From today forward, I will not be commenting on GUNS N' ROSES. Or making any remarks about the future. "Thank you to all the fans. "The legacy continues without my commentary. Feel truly blessed today beyond my wildest dreams. "I was a kid that just loved rock and roll and never new I would see this. Honored and emotional to the core. "Eternally grateful to Steven Adler for sharing the stage with me. Proud of how far he has come to get to get to the Rock And Roll Hall of Fame. Congrats, my friend. Your music is a piece of rock and roll history. "Let's honor the music and its legacy. This is for how great it was to be in a band with a bunch of pirates!!!! AXL!!!!! AXL!!!!! AXL!!!! "I said I wouldn't comment to the press. I will do whatever I choose on my Twitter. Have already been offered 25 press things today and have turned them all down."
- Blabbermouth reports AEROSMITH drummer Joey Kramer, a coffee-lovin' Rock And Roll Hall Of Famer introduces Rockin' & Roastin', an organic, fair trade, custom-roasted coffee. Now you can get yourself a taste of the rock-star life with Kramer's new blends available in four different roasts. From regular to decaf, medium to dark, Ethiopian to Guatemalan, Rockin' & Roastin' has got the brew for you! Order yours today at RockinAndRoastin.com. Other musicians who previously rolled out their own lines of coffee include Rob Zombie, Charlie Benante (ANTHRAX) and Dave Mustaine (MEGADETH). Read more at Ultimate Classic Rock
- Blabbermouth reports more than 100,000 tickets to METALLICA's six shows at the Sports Palace in Mexico City — scheduled for August 1, 2, 4, 6, 7 and 9 — are now officially sold out. As a result, the band has added two more dates in Mexico City: July 28 and July 30 at the same venue. The band states, "The two additional shows will be the world debut of our massive new stage show including elements from our entire 30 years of touring and marking the beginning of a new era in METALLI-shows... you will definitely need to see it to believe it!" METALLICA fan-club pre-sale begins Wednesday, April 18 at 11:00 a.m. local time. The Banamex pre-sale begins Thursday, April 19 at 11:00 a.m. local time, and any remaining tickets go on sale to the public on Friday, April 20, also at 11:00 a.m. local. METALLICA announced on March 15 that the band will unveil what the group's publicist described as a "mind-blowing new stage" in Mexico "that needs to be seen to be believed." The 140-foot-by-50-foot stage will feature "colossal components and striking visual elements spanning METALLICA's entire 30-year career." The band itself went further in a post at its official web site, saying, "After years in the making, we are beyond excited to finally unveil the all new, out of control, massive stage and METALLI-show . . . Mexico will be the first to see what will be the cornerstone of our touring escapades for years to come." It is not clear whether this production is the highly theatrical show that the band first discussed back in 2010, with co-manager Peter Mensch saying it would be METALLICA's "equivalent of [PINK FLOYD's] 'The Wall'" and would "blow your mind." When The Pulse Of Radio asked drummer Lars Ulrich about that idea recently, he said it was one of many projects METALLICA was considering. "That's still circling also," he said. "None of this stuff goes away. I mean, we just throw these balls up in the air and then we try to tackle them one at a time. That one's still in the air, nothing definitive, but it's still circling. None of these things go away, they just get bigger and costlier and overwhelm us more (laughs)." METALLICA last appeared in Mexico in 2009, playing to over 150,000 fans during three sold-out nights at Foro Sol Stadium that were captured for a live DVD. The new stage show is said to be twice the size of the production that METALLICA has been using since 2008 on its "World Magnetic" tour. Before all this happens, METALLICA will headline its own two-day musical event, the Orion Music + More festival, scheduled for June 23-24 in Atlantic City, New Jersey. Over 20 acts are slated to perform.
- Blabbermouth reports on Monday, April 23, from backstage at Club Geba in Buenos Aires, Argentina, Ortsbo, the world's leading real-time experiential communications platform, will present a "Live & Global" question-and-answer session hosted by rock icon Gene Simmons (KISS). The Q&A will serve as an exclusive, all-access event for fans around the world to chat live with their favorite rock stars including: Joe Elliott of DEF LEPPARD, Matt Sorum of GUNS N' ROSES, and more! Using Ortsbo's proprietary, live subtitling technology on the Live & Global platform, viewers around the world can watch the webcast Q&A in real-time with closed captioning in any of Ortsbo's 53 supported languages. Additionally, fans and media alike will be able to text questions directly to the rock legends and follow along with the answers, all in their native language. The program will last approximately one hour and will also feature Allstars: Duff McKagan (GUNS N' ROSES), Sebastian Bach (SKID ROW), Mike Inez (ALICE IN CHAINS), and Glenn Hughes (DEEP PURPLE). Fans and media can register for the chat in advance or join live to submit their questions for the Rock 'N' Roll Allstars. Full details include:
* Ortsbo Live & Global: Rock-N-Roll Allstars
* Live from Club Geba Buenos Aires, Argentina
* Monday, April 23
* 5 p.m. Eastern (2 p.m. Pacific / 10 p.m. UK / 11 p.m. CEST)
* To participate: http://liveandglobal.com/rnrallstars/
"Ortsbo continues to have huge success with its Live & Global events and I'm thrilled to be hosting a real-time conversation between fellow rock legends, die-hard fans and myself during this first-of-its-kind tour," said Simmons. "We know that great music is universal and I think Ortsbo is the key to a one-world language. This Live & Global session is going to be a great addition to the tour and venue, and I'm looking forward to giving our fans a 'backstage pass' to talk with us!" The Buenos Aires show is the third of ten stops the Rock 'N' Roll Allstars tour will make in venues throughout Central and South America. At this one show only, fans from all over the world will be able to participate in the Ortsbo Live & Global broadcast and pose their questions to rock legends Gene Simmons (KISS), Joe Elliott (DEF LEPPARD), Matt Sorum and Duff McKagan (GUNS N' ROSES), Sebastian Bach (SKID ROW), Mike Inez (ALICE IN CHAINS) and Glenn Hughes (DEEP PURPLE). "Music is universal and so are our fans," said Matt Sorum. "It's great to use Ortsbo to promote our tour to everyone in their own native language. Can't wait to get questions on April 23rd from every corner of the planet." "Internationally celebrated rock stars like Gene Simmons and Matt Sorum have, in many ways, set the standard for connecting with fans worldwide," said David Lucatch, CEO of Ortsbo. "Our own previous record for simultaneous translation of a live event is 160 plus countries. With Gene and other big-names listed on the 'Allstar' roster, we're looking forward to breaking that record and seeing rock fans from all over the world enjoy what is lined up to be another memorable ‘Live and Global' event." Ortsbo has had very successful Live & Global multi-lingual Q&A sessions including Marvel's recent worldwide premiere of "The Avengers", and other broadcasts featuring Gene Simmons interviewing the legendary Stan Lee at the Sundance Film Festival, a Steven Spielberg global event, Variety magazine's coverage of the BAFTA Awards red carpet, IndyCar racing events and at the Classic Rock Awards at London's Roundhouse. Promoter Gabe Reed hosted a press conference on March 1 at The Roxy Theatre in West Hollywood, California to officially announce the Rock 'N' Roll Allstars tour of South and Central America in April/May. Also attending the press conference were Simmons, Sorum, McKagan, Clarke, Bach and Hughes, among others.
Press Conference - Part 1:
Press Conference - Part 2:
- Blabbermouth posts a rare interview with VAN HALEN guitarist Eddie Van Halen is featured in the May 2012 issue of Esquire magazine, out on newsstands today (Monday, April 16). Check out the magazine cover here. VAN HALEN's video for the song "She's The Woman" can be seen here. The track comes off the band's new album, "A Different Kind Of Truth", which sold 187,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release to land at position No. 2 on The Billboard 200 chart. "A Different Kind Of Truth" is the band's first full-length offering with original singer David Lee Roth since "1984" was released in January 1984. Roth exited the group in 1985, a year after its "1984" album was released. According to Billboard.com, "1984" spent five weeks at No. 2 on The Billboard 200 — VAN HALEN's highest charting set with Roth. (1996's "Best Of Volume 1" hits album, which included two new songs with Roth, debuted at No. 1 with 233,000 sold in its first week.) VAN HALEN's other four other No. 1s were their four studio albums with Roth's replacement, Sammy Hagar: "5150" (1986), "OU812" (1988), "For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge" (1991) and "Balance" (1995). VAN HALEN's previous all-new album, 1998's "Van Halen III", debuted at No. 4 on the Billboard chart and was certified gold for sales of 500,000 copies, a disappointment compared to their previous platinum efforts. "She's The Woman" originally appeared on the 1976 demo, produced by KISS bassist Gene Simmons, that got VAN HALEN their record deal with Warner Bros. It was left off the group's 1978 debut but has been resurrected for the new disc.
- Blabbermouth posts MÖTLEY CRÜE frontman Vince Neil took a fall this past Saturday night (April 14) at his Girls, Girls, Girls strip club in Las Vegas, Nevada while trying to jump on the stage during his performance of the club's theme song, the CRÜE classic "Girls, Girls, Girls". Check out video footage of the incident below (around 2:30 mark). A deal between America's premier adult entertainment super power Déjà Vu and Neil created Las Vegas' newest adult entertainment spot. The deal, constructed by celebrity dealmaker Michael Politz, married the two brands into Neil's 1987 mega hit "Girls, Girls, Girls". The club name is based on the band's 1987 album of the same name paying homage to hard-living lifestyle, their love of riding fast, large motorcycles, drinking whiskey, and spending long nights at strip clubs. It was almost inevitable that one of the MÖTLEY CRÜE bandmembers would eventually open a strip club with the same name. Neil has promised that it will provide an "edgier" strip club experience, Girls, Girls, Girls will be a "rock 'n' roll strip club" and Neil has said all his entertainers will look like they've "stepped out of a music video. Bringing back the vibe of the Sunset Strip in the days [he] ran the streets. Tattoos, hot, provocative and edgy." Neil also claimed, "I know what guys want in sexy girls, and we'll have more than enough of that. I'm going to orchestrate the sexiest girls in town. I've always wanted to have a strip club, and this one is going to be the best there is. I'm going to be there to guarantee that. There won't be any house or generic strip club music. This will be full-on rock 'n' roll. It will be a blast from start to finish. Yeah, we'll even play a little MÖTLEY." In a recent interview with Sally Steele of Vegas Rocks! magazine, Neil stated about why he decided to open his own strip club, "I've been going to strip clubs my whole adult life, I think. With the song 'Girls Girls Girls', we got inducted in 2007 into the Stripper Hall Of Fame. So it was just something that has been coming for a long time." He added, "I love new businesses. It's just another cool thing, and I think it's great for Las Vegas. It's something different in a city that has everything. . . I literally live, like, five minutes from [the club]. So I'm gonna be here a lot when I'm in town and come here and hang out. It's a great place to hang." Read more at Noisecreep
- Blabbermouth posts Fox News' Fox 411 recently spoke to KISS vocalist/guitarist Paul Stanley about the band's forthcoming studio album, "Monster". You can see the segment below. KISS has completed recording its new album, "Monster", for a summer release. Songtitles set to appear on the CD include "It's A Long Way Down", "Back To The Stone Age", "Shout Mercy", "Out Of This World", "Wall Of Sound" and "Hell Or Hallelujah". Speaking to VH1 Radio Network's Dave Basner following the March 20 press conference at the Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel in Hollywood, California to officially announce details of KISS' summer co-headlining tour with MÖTLEY CRÜE, KISS vocalist/guitarist Paul Stanley stated about the band's new CD, "'Monster' is really the culmination of everything this band has been in the past and where we're going. When we did [2009's] 'Sonic Boom', it was a big task for us because we were saying, 'How do we define who we are today without losing who we've been?' So, that was a tall order for us, but once we got that under our belts, we wanted to go back in and 'Monster' is far, far beyond anything we've done in terms of 'Sonic Boom' and yet it's right up there with some of the best stuff we've done. It's KISS." In a 2011 interview with Classic Rock magazine, Stanley stated about the band's decision to return to the studio so soon after releasing "Sonic Boom", "I wasn't interested in making an album unless I was in charge and no one agreed to it half-heartedly. The band's all there, all the time, and we cut the tracks all facing each other in the same room. Chemistry and camaraderie, that's essential. That's what made 'Sonic Boom'so great, and this album is thunderously better." Read more at Ultimate Classic Rock
- Blabbermouth posts former GUNS N' ROSES members Steven Adler and Matt Sorum spoke to Rolling Stone magazine about being inducted into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame and the fact that some of their musical heroes have yet to be honored. Check out the video interview below. "It's such an honor to be inducted into the Hall Of Fame, but then I found out that KISS isn't in here, and then I found out the other day that RUSH isn't in there," says Adler. "They've got to be inducted. If it wasn't for those bands and a couple other ones, there wouldn't be a GUNS N' ROSES." Former GUNS N' ROSES guitarist Slash told The Canadian Press that he was honored t be inducted into the Rock Hall but also a bit turned off given that the Hall has overlooked so many other great rock bands. "It's sort of a bittersweet thing too because there's so many artists that aren't inducted, that came way before GUNS did, that really actually almost deserve more to be in there and they're not in there," the guitarist said, listing off Canadian band RUSH, DEEP PURPLE, CHEAP TRICK and KISSas examples. "So it's really hard to sort of feel victorious ... that, to me, just doesn't seem right." Read more at Ultimate Classic Rock
- Blabbermouth reports according to USA Today, former PANTERA/DOWN and current KILL DEVIL HILL bassist Rex Brown owes $449,567 to the federal government in back taxes and penalties. Five tax liens have been filed by the Internal Revenue Service, including the most recent and largest lien, for $210,157, in his former home state of Texas in January. A sixth lien for $72,695 was released by the IRS in 2008, which likely means that those back taxes were paid. The federal government can seize Brown's share of PANTERA's revenue, including royalties from his record and songwriting credits, if a payment plan is not worked out. Brown last year signed a deal with Da Capo Press to write a memoir. Due in the fall, "Official Truth, 101 Proof: The Inside Story Of Pantera" is described as a "starkly honest and revealing" book about Rex's time in one of the most influential and enduringly popular bands in heavy metal history, offering Brown's shocking personal insight into a band that had swapped the grimy clubs of Texas for arenas around the world but whose story would ultimately be touched by tragedy. De Capo is the publisher of BLACK SABBATH guitarist Tony Iommi's book "Iron Man: My Journey Through Heaven And Hell With Black Sabbath" and SLIPKNOT/STONE SOUR frontman Corey Taylor's New York Times best seller "Seven Deadly Sins - Settling The Argument Between Born Bad And Damaged Good". PANTERA's "Vulgar Display Of Power", a landmark album widely acknowledged as one of metal's most enduring and influential masterworks, will be reissued for its 20th anniversary on May 15 as a two-disc Deluxe Edition. Recorded by singer Philip Anselmo, guitarist "Dimebag" Darrell Abbott, Brown and drummer Vinnie Paul Abbott, the album has been certified double platinum by the RIAA and features several of the group's most iconic songs including "Walk", "Mouth For War", "This Love" and "Fucking Hostile". The self-titled debut album from KILL DEVIL HILL — the band featuring Brown, Vinny Appice (HEAVEN & HELL, BLACK SABBATH, DIO) on drums, Mark Zavon (RATT, W.A.S.P. , 40 CYCLE HUM) on guitar and Jason "Dewey" Bragg (PISSING RAZORS) on vocals — will be released at the end of May via SPV/Steamhammer. Read more at Loudwire and Noisecreep
- Blabbermouth reports reigning NASCAR Sprint Cup champion Tony Stewart surprised FOREIGNER's leader and founder Mick Jones when he presented him with three platinum and one gold award for sales of FOREIGNER's hit singles "I Want To Know What Love Is", "Waiting For A Girl Like You", "Hot Blooded" and "Juke Box Hero" during Thursday night's Texas Motorsports Hall Of Fame gala at Texas Motor Speedway. A new millennium testament to the current value of these classic hits is that more than half of the sales that contributed to the awards were digital downloads registered since 2004. In addition to the platinum and gold awards, Jones added another on the evening that recognized FOREIGNER's generosity toward Speedway Children's Charities-Texas Chapter. Speedway Children's Charities, which put on the Hall Of Fame fundraiser, presented Jones on behalf of FOREIGNER with the Maj. General Thomas Sadler Award. The award is given for humanitarian efforts that go above and beyond to assist Speedway Children's Charities in their mission to assist children in North Texas. "It was a tremendous surprise to have Mick on hand to accept the Maj. General Thomas Sadler Award," Texas Motor Speedway President Eddie Gossage said. "FOREIGNER has appeared at more NASCAR-related events than any other top classic rock band and has been a generous friend to Speedway Children's Charities. Just earlier this week they did a benefit acoustic concert for them. Tony's presentation of the three platinum and one gold award to Mick was quite a treat for the Hall Of Fame audience and Texas Motor Speedway. I was particularly delighted to see FOREIGNER's 'Hot Blooded' get the platinum recognition it deserved, especially since Texas Motor Speedway has a unique 'No Limits' version of 'Hot Blooded' as its theme for the entire 2012 season." Mick, who wrote "Feels Like The First Time", "I Want To Know What Love Is" and co-wrote and co-produced every FOREIGNER hit, made the journey to Texas while recovering from his recent arterial leg surgery. "I hope to be back in the saddle soon, but nothing could keep me away from this event!" said Mick, "It is a thrill for us to be part of the NASCAR firmament and a particular honor to have one of my personal heroes, Tony Stewart, present us with these awards. Our race day appearances started right here at the Texas Motor Speedway in the spring of 2009, and they have become a highlight in our touring season. NASCAR fans are our kind of people." "Juke Box Hero" is the band's first all-digital sales award. FOREIGNER has nine RIAA-certified (Recording Industry Association Of America) platinum and multi platinum awards. "Foreigner", "Double Vision", "Head Games", "4", "Agent Provocateur", "Inside Information", "Records", "The Very Best… And Beyond" and "Complete Greatest Hits" have all been certified. Now these three singles are added to FOREIGNER's platinum tally. "FOREIGNER has some of the most enduring songs in the history of rock music, so it's no surprise that these legendary tracks continue to have success in the digital world," said Kevin Gore, President & CEO of Rhino Entertainment. "Mick Jones' songwriting and production have combined to create lasting music that still resonates with new audiences every year. I suspect we'll see more FOREIGNER hits achieving similar certifications very soon."
- Blabbermouth posts drummer Blas Elias (SLAUGHTER) on and bassist Chris Kael (FIVE FINGER DEATH PUNCH) joined SIN CITY SINNERS on stage last night (Sunday, April 15) at Las Vegas, Nevada's Ovation (inside Green Valley Ranch Resort) to perform a cover version of the JUDAS PRIEST classic "You've Got Another Thing Comin'". Video footage of the performance can be seen below. SIN CITY SINNERS recently announced its newest addition, actor/musician Zach Throne. Zach joins original SINNERS Todd Kerns (SLASH), Brent Muscat (FASTER PUSSYCAT) and Rob Cournoyer (RAGING SLAB). As a musician, Zach has recorded, performed and/or toured with Susanna Hoffs of THE BANGLES, Jerry Cantrell of ALICE IN CHAINS, ANTHRAX, BARENAKED LADIES, Lemmy from MOTÖRHEAD, CHEAP TRICK, Meat Loaf and Jamie Walters. As a session vocalist for television and film, Zach has performed on many commercial jingles as well as sung the Greg Brady vocals for the films "The Brady Bunch Movie" and "A Very Brady Sequel". He also sang the theme song for the ABC television series "Grace Under Fire". As an actor, Zach starred in the Fox television series "The Heights", and performed on the show's hit song, "How Do You Talk To An Angel?", which reached No. 1 on the Billboard chart in 1992. Other acting credits include "Beverly Hills 90210", "Party Of Five", "ER", and "CSI". He is the voice for the online video game sensations "Bejeweled" and "Bejeweled Blitz". SIN CITY SINNERS released its third album, "A Sinners' Christmas" late last year. It was recorded, mixed and mastered at Hit Track Studios in Las Vegas and produced by Brent Muscat and Tom Parham, and executive-produced by Jason Green. In 2010, SIN CITY SINNERS released two CDs of original music, "Exile on Fremont Street" and the all-acoustic "Broken Record". The SINNERS' music video, "Goin' To Vegas", received the 32nd annual Telly Award and the track "Numb" was nominated for an AVN award for "Best Original Song".
- Blabbermouth posts Jo Schüftan of Horns Up Rocks! conducted an interview with conducted an interview with ADLER, the new band led by former GUNS N' ROSES drummer Steven Adler, on the red carpet of the fourth annual Revolver Golden Gods awards, which was held on April 11 at Club Nokia in downtown Los Angeles, California. You can now watch the chat below. "The One That You Hated", the first single from ADLER, can be streamed below. The cover for the single was created by the band's guitarist, Lonny Paul. ADLER filmed a video for "The One That You Hated" earlier in the month in the Los Angeles area. In addition to Steven and Lonny, ADLER features Jacob Bunton (LYNAM, MARS ELECTRIC) on vocals/guitar. The group has been recording its debut album in Los Angeles with producers Jeff Pilson (former DOKKEN and current FOREIGNER/TOOTH AND NAIL bassist) and Jay Ruston (ANTHRAX, STEEL PANTHER, ADRENALINE MOB). ADLER's CD will feature guest appearances by ROB ZOMBIE/ex-MARILYN MANSON guitarist John 5 and Steven's former GUNS N' ROSES bandmate Slash (guitar). "I love the music that we're creating!" states Adler. "I haven't been this excited about my band since the GN'R days. Jacob is exactly the singer I have been searching for. He has an amazing range and is a great writer and frontman. Lonny is an amazing guitarist and songwriter and the vibe is amazing!" He added, "I'm so excited for everyone to hear this record!" Steven spent the past several years touring and recording with ADLER'S APPETITE, which played original material alongside cover versions of songs from GUNS' classic debut album, "Appetite For Destruction". In 2010, Adler collaborated with Slash on the latter's self-titled debut solo album. He appeared on the track "Baby Can't Drive", along with RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS bassist Flea, Alice Cooper and Nicole Scherzinger. The song was featured on an expanded edition of the album released by Classic Rock magazine. Adler, Slash, bassist Duff McKagan, singer Axl Rose and guitarist Izzy Stradlin were all inducted into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame this past Saturday, April 14 in Cleveland, along with later GUNS N' ROSES members, keyboardist Dizzy Reed and drummer Matt Sorum.
"The One That You Hated" audio stream:
- Blabbermouth posts Jo Schüftan of Horns Up Rocks! conducted an interview with MOTÖRHEAD founder, bassist and principal songwriter Ian "Lemmy" Kilmister on the red carpet of the fourth annual Revolver Golden Gods awards, which was held on April 11 at Club Nokia in downtown Los Angeles, California. You can now watch the chat below. MOTÖRHEAD was forced to miss the last four shows of Gigantour after Lemmy came down with a combination of a viral upper respiratory infection and a voice strain, resulting in severe laryngitis. "I'm giving my voice a good rest," Lemmy said in a statemement, "and will be better than ever for our shows on the [Rockstar Energy Drink] Mayhem [Festival] tour this summer. Hope to see you all there!" Motörhead Music/UDR recently released "The Wörld Is Ours Vol. 1 - Everywhere Further Than Everyplace Else", a blistering DVD containing some of the finest moments from MOTÖRHEAD's 2011 tour. Mixed by the band's long-time producer Cameron Webb, "The Wörld Is Ours Vol. 1 - Everywhere Further Than Everyplace Else" is stuffed with the classics Motörfans demand, from "Overkill" to "Ace Of Spades" to "Killed By Death" as well as some old gems like "Over The Top" and new favorites such as "I Know How To Die". "The Wörld Is Ours Vol. 1 - Everywhere Further Than Everyplace Else" gives you the complete set from the band's supreme performance in Chile at the Teatro Caupolican in Santiago on April 9, 2011, shot by Banger Films and Sam Dunn ("Iron Maiden Flight 666", "Rush: Beyond The Lighted Stage"). The DVD continues with some tasty morsels from New York's Best Buy Theater and the Manchester Apollo.
- Blabbermouth posts Mike Jones of the Washington D.C. radio station DC101 recently conducted an interview with DEF LEPPARD guitarist Phil Collen. You can now listen to the chat using the audio player below. DEF LEPPARD will make a return to the United States this June with a massive summer tour which will include fellow rockers POISON and LITA FORD. DEF LEPPARD's influential career includes numerous hit singles and ground-breaking multi-platinum albums — including two of the best-selling albums of all time, "Pyromania" and "Hysteria". Most recently, the band released their first live album, "Mirror Ball: Live & More" last summer, which rose to the Top 20 on The Billboard 200 chart. The album captures the group's legendary concert experience, bringing together live versions of classic LEPPARD hits such as "Rock Of Ages", "Pour Some Sugar on Me" and "Foolin'". With 100 million records sold worldwide and two prestigious Diamond Awards to their credit, DEF LEPPARD — Joe Elliott (vocals), Vivian Campbell (guitar), Phil Collen (guitar), Rick "Sav" Savage (bass) and Rick Allen (drums) — continues to be one of the most important forces in rock music. Over the course of their career, the band has produced a series of classic groundbreaking albums that set the sound for generations of music fans and artists alike. The group's spectacular live shows, filled with powerful melodic rock anthems, have become synonymous with their name. For the past thirty years the band's concerts have become must-see events and have quickly made them an institution in the touring industry, as they continue to sell out arenas worldwide.
- Blabbermouth posts LOVE AND DEATH, the new band led by former KORN guitarist Brian "Head" Welch, performed its new single, "Chemicals", live for the first time this past Thursday, April 12 at the Music Hall in Curitiba, Brazil. Fan-filmed video footage of the concert can be seen below. "Chemicals" will be released on April 24. An intense semi-animated music video for the title track shot by POAB Designs/Martillo Pictures will follow soon. Regarding his decision to call his group LOVE AND DEATH, Welch recently said, "I put this band together in 2009. Since then, we've experienced some very intense highs and lows. Michael Valentine, Dan Johnson, J.R. Bareis and myself have toured around the world playing a lot of killer shows, but we've also had some heart-shattering difficulties along the way. To us, the name LOVE AND DEATH symbolizes everything we've been through as a band over the last few years. We love this band so much and we'll go through hell to connect with our fans. We've proven that to ourselves over and over again." With LOVE AND DEATH, the music now lives under its own banner. "Many people have confused my speaking dates and our band dates because they were both being booked as Brian 'Head' Welch," said Welch. "I have wanted to use a band name for branding my music for a few years. It has been an ongoing discussion with my management, but we were just starting to tour and I was in the middle of supporting my third book and it seemed like a bad time to switch names. Now with the new music coming out, it's time to really separate the things I do. I want the music to be about music. I will still be doing public speaking under Brian 'Head' Welch. I am happy that all the confusion will be over." LOVE AND DEATH formed when Welch decided to have open auditions on YouTube in 2009. "I picked the guys and then had a jam session in Phoenix," says Welch. "Over the last couple of years, there have been a few lineup changes as we went through normal growing pains. The current band has been together and touring for a while now and they are a big part of the new music and the future of LOVE AND DEATH." For more information, visit www.loveanddeathmusic.com.
- Blabbermouth posts in early March, WatchMojo.com conducted an interview with legendary drummer Vinny Appice (DIO, BLACK SABBATH, HEAVEN & HELL, KILL DEVIL HILL). You can now watch the chat below. The self-titled debut album from KILL DEVIL HILL — the band featuring Appice, Rex Brown (PANTERA, DOWN) on bass, Mark Zavon (RATT, W.A.S.P., 40 CYCLE HUM) on guitar and Jason "Dewey" Bragg (PISSING RAZORS) on vocals — has had its release date pushed back to May 22 from the previously announced March 27. Vinny Appice has anchored the rhythm and power live and in the studio for the music of DIO, BLACK SABBATH, HEAVEN & HELL, WWIII, AXIS, Rick Derringer, John Lennon, and more. He has recorded and co-written songs on over 25 albums and CDs, including many multi-platinum records. Touring the world for over two decades resulted in selling millions of records! Vinny's drumming can also be heard on numerous movie soundtracks, including "Wayne's World 2", "Heavy Metal", "Iron Eagle" and "Bedazzled". Vinny, the author of drum instruction book "Rock Steady" and DVD "Hard Rock Drumming Techniques", has performed incredible powerhouse drum clinics around the globe. Numerous books have been written about BLACK SABBATH and DIO with the authors always mentioned Vinny's unique powerful drumming style.
- Blabbermouth posts GlideMagazine.com recently conducted an interview with GREAT WHITE singer Jack Russell. A couple of excerpts from the chat follow here. GlideMagazine.com: There are so many rumors and there are so many people talking. So can you tell us how you are feeling and what it's been like these past few years for you physically and emotionally? Jack: You know, it's been a long road back. I did damage to my body and it was touch and go for a while there. I was in a coma at one point for five days with sepsis from a bowel perforation, where the contents of your bowels seep into your body and cause a massive infection. The doctors told my wife they weren't sure if I was going to make it. They thought I was going to die. I woke up five days later with a colostomy bag going, "What the hell just happened?" Oddly enough, through the whole time, none of my former bandmembers even called me to see how I was doing or to see if I was even alive. And that really, really hurt me. Granted, they're upset because I cost them some money, but it's like, when did money become more important than a human life? Somebody that you called your friend, that you spent your life with, and that was the beginning of the end right there. But right now, I'm doing good. My health is great. Sure, I've got aches and pains; I always will. I've got degenerative disease, which means basically it's vertebrae on vertebrae but it's tolerable. I can still go out and do my thing on stage and run around and there's nothing missing, you know. My voice is better than it's ever been because I've been taking care of myself. A lot of the medicine I was taking, like prednisone, which is a super-radical anti-inflammatory, which I was taking for my voice because I was being worked so hard by the guys when I needed some time off. Come to find out it was actually worse for me than not taking it and that caused a lot of osteoporosis. The stuff I did because I wanted to sing and now I realize I don't need it and my voice is great right now. Notes that I thought I'd lost forever are back, my voice is stronger than it has been in years and it sounds just like it always did, so I'm really happy, you know. Read the entire interview from GlideMagazine.com.
- Blabbermouth reports "The Electric Age", the new album from New Jersey thrash metal veterans OVERKILL, has registered the following first-week chart positions:
Commented singer Bobby "Blitz" Ellsworth: "Danke, Europa! 'The Electric Age' has arrived! More good spots in the charts, thanks to YOU! See you at the festivals this summer and on tour in October." "The Electric Age" sold 6,500 copies in the United States in its first week of release to debut at position No. 77 on The Billboard 200 chart. OVERKILL's previous CD, "Ironbound", opened with 4,100 units to enter the chart at No. 192. The effort landed at No. 4 on the Top New Artist Albums (Heatseekers) chart, which lists the best-selling albums by new and developing artists, defined as those who have never appeared in the Top 100 of The Billboard 200. The "Electric Rattlesnake" video can be seen below. The clip was directed by Kevin J. Custer (HATEBREED, TESTAMENT, SUFFOCATION), who previously worked with OVERKILL on the "Bring Me The Night" video. "Damn, this one BITES hard! Kevin Custer did it again! So plug us in yeah, set us free, this is a thrashing vid the way it's supposed to be! Here we go kids, 'Electric Rattlesnake'!" says Bobby "Blitz" Ellsworth. "The Electric Age" was recorded and mixed at Gear Recording Studios in New Jersey, owned and operated by OVERKILL bassist D.D. Verni. OVERKILL will embark on the "Killfest 2" headlining tour in April/May. Support on the trek will come from BELPHEGOR, BLACKGUARD and DIAMOND PLATE. OVERKILL is Bobby "Blitz" Ellsworth (vocals), D.D. Verni (bass, backing vocals), Derek "The Skull" Tailer (rhythm guitar, backing vocals), Dave Linsk (lead guitar, backing vocals) and Ron Lipnicki (drums).
- Blabbermouth reports San Diego, California metallers AS I LAY DYING have enlisted Bill Stevenson to produce their next album. Stevenson has played drums for both the DESCENDENTS and BLACK FLAG and is one of the most highly renowned producers in rock. His production credits include work on records by RISE AGAINST, NOFX, PROPAGANDHI, THE CASUALTIES, ANTI-FLAG and many more. AS I LAY DYING will enter the studio in May to begin recording its new CD for a late 2012 release via Metal Blade Records. AS I LAY DYING's last release, "Decas", celebrated the band's accomplishments by offering three brand new songs, cover songs that paid homage to just a few of the bands that have influenced AS I LAY DYING, and remixes by Innerpartysystem, Benjamin Weinman (THE DILLINGER ESCAPE PLAN), Kelly "Carnage" Cairns (AUSTRIAN DEATH MACHINE, WAR OF AGES), and Big Chocolate (ASKING ALEXANDRIA, IWRESTLEDABEARONCE, SUICIDE SILENCE). AS I LAY DYING's most recent collection of original material, 2010's "The Powerless Rise", sold 38,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release to land at position No. 10 on The Billboard 200 chart. This was roughly in line with the first-week tally of "An Ocean Between Us", which premiered with 39,500 copies back in August 2007. AS I LAY DYING will take part in the fifth annual Rockstar Energy Drink Mayhem Festival, the world's largest touring heavy music festival. The main stage will be the strongest ever with the headlining slot occupied by Grammy Award winners SLIPKNOT. Next up will be the legendary metal acts SLAYER and MOTÖRHEAD. The main stage will also spotlight a ferocious mix of today's best artists in a rotation, including THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA and ASKING ALEXANDRIA. The festival will kick off on June 30 in San Bernardino, California. Read more at Loudwire and Metal Insider
- Blabbermouth reports The Rave Live will stream KITTIE's April 17 concert from The Rave in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.They will be joined by BLACKGUARD, BONDED BY BLOOD and CANDY MACHINE GUNS. The webcast is scheduled for Tuesday, April 17 at 9 p.m. Eastern / 8 p.m. Central / 6 p.m. Pacific and will be available free of charge. This performance will be streamed live and will be available for viewing at TheRaveLive.com. KITTIE recently parted ways with bassist Ivy Vujic and was rejoined by Trish Doan. Doan was previously with the band from 2005 to 2007, appearing on the band's 2007 release "Funeral For Yesterday". KITTIE's new album, "I've Failed You", sold 3,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release to debut at position No. 178 on The Billboard 200 chart. The band's previous CD, "In The Black", opened with around 3,400 units back in 2009 to land at No. 132. KITTIE's fourth album, "Funeral for Yesterday", registered a first-week tally of 9,000 in February 2007 to enter the chart at No. 101. "I've Failed You" was released on August 30, 2011 via eOne Music. The CD was recorded at Beach Road Studios in Goderich, Ontario, Canada. The band once again worked with producer Siegfried "Siggy" Meier, who helmed KITTIE's last CD, 2009's "In The Black". Read more at Loudwire
- Blabbermouth posts a preview of "The Power Within", the new album from British epic power metallers DRAGONFORCE, is available in the YouTube below. DRAGONFORCE has announced plans to return to North America for a spring tour. This outing marks the band's first trek with brand new singer Marc Hudson, who also makes his recorded debut on "The Power Within". The album lands at retail on April 17 via Roadrunner Records. Hudson premiered his voice at a series of intimate North American shows last October. The performances were met with much praise and approval from the band's diehard fanbase. Now the vocalist will be able to showcase his pipes to other parts of the country and beyond, where a similar reaction is expected for this talented up-and-comer with undeniable chops. The tour kicks off April 21 at the annual New England Metal & Hardcore Festival in Worcester, Massachusetts and makes several stops on the East Coast before winding through Canada and into the Midwest before wrapping out west on May 11 in Anaheim, California. L.A.-based metal warriors HOLY GRAIL, and HUNTRESS, a five-piece metal band lead by vocalist Jill Janus, who delivers an unparalleled four-octave range thanks to her opera background, will provide support on this run. "The Power Within" will be released in the U.K. on April 16 via the band's own Electric Generation Recordings, distributed by Essential Music. Guitarist Herman Li recently stated about "The Power Within", "The last two years have been the most fun we ever had making an album. Through writing, jamming and touring together, we have built this incredible energy and it has been fully captured on the new album. "This time around we've really brought our metal side to the surface and made some of the best music of our career. From the fastest song we've ever recorded ['Fallen World'] to the slower songs, and some things you would never expect from us, this is by far the most diverse DRAGONFORCE album yet."
"The Power Within" track listing:
01. Holding On
02. Fallen World
03. Cry Thunder
04. Give Me The Night
05. Wings of Liberty
07. Heart Of The Storm
08. Die By The Sword
09. Last Man Stands
10. Seasons (acoustic version)
"The Power Within" preview:
- Blabbermouth posts "Torn Apart", the new video from Swedish metallers AVATAR, can be seen below. The song comes off the band's fourth full-length album, "Black Waltz", which was released on February 14 via eOne Music. The CD was produced by Tobias Lindell (EUROPE, MUSTASCH, HARDCORE SUPERSTAR) and includes songs from a limited-edition EP that was released in Sweden at the end of October 2011. Commented AVATAR lead singer Johannes Eckerström: "If all violence was as in professional wrestling, I would get involved in way more fights. Hulk Hogan was one of my first heroes and made me want to spend my life doing insane things and be applauded for it. Backyard wrestling is not exactly a household expression here in Sweden, but on my street we went insane. I could pull off an awesome suplex by the age of nine. Standing on that tiny stage while our audience threw each other through tables was a rush and pretty much the best form of mosh pit I've ever experienced. They made it look awesome and the context we put it in made it truly epic. We're not really supposed to afford making a music video this cool, but once again we've proven what's possible when you realize your potential and make the most you possibly can of it. When life gives you lemonade, punch life in the face."
"Black Waltz" track listing:
01. Let Us Die
02. Torn Apart
03. Ready For The Ride
04. In Napalm
05. Black Waltz
07. Let It Burn
08. One Touch
09. Paint Me Red
10. Smells Like A Freakshow
11. Use Your Tongue
The "Black Waltz" clip, which was directed by Johan Carlén and shot in Sweden's largest amusement park, features an appearance by the world-famous American circus sideshow Hellzapoppin.
AVATAR's third, self-titled album was released in 2010.
Johannes Eckerström - Vocals
John Alfredsson - Drums
Jonas Jarlsby - Guitars
Simon Andersson - Guitars
Henrik Sandelin - Bass
- Blabbermouth posts a two-minute trailer for "The Industrialist", the new album from Los Angeles cyber metallers FEAR FACTORY, can be seen below. Due in North America on June 5 via Candlelight Records, the CD is a conceptual record based around a story written by vocalist Burton C. Bell. Lyrics to the album's ten songs divulge the narrative as discussed recently by Bell with Decibel magazine. The album's artwork was created by American designer Anthony Clarkson with additional direction from the band. The album will be available on three formats — standard CD, a limited edition deluxe digi-book (featuring two additional songs), and 180-gram double vinyl. Bell notes, "The protagonist (The Industrialist) is the incarnation of all industries in the form of an automaton. The mechanical, technological, and scientific advances through the industrial age led to the creation of The Industrialist. In the story, the automaton becomes sentient as it collects memories with each passing day. Through observation and learning, it gains the will to exist. What was meant to help man, will eventually be man's demise." "The Industrialist" again pairs FEAR FACTORY with producer Rhys Fulber. Mixed by Greg Reely (PARADISE LOST, SKINNY PUPPY, MACHINE HEAD), with additional tracking by Logan Mader (GOJIRA, DIVINE HERESY), the album is the second written by Bell and guitarist Dino Cazares since reuniting in 2009 after a seven-year split. Cazares says, "Collaborating with Burton again on the new album was like magic. Everything just fell into place naturally. It felt good to recapture the true sound of FEAR FACTORY, taking it back to where it all started while raising it to new levels." Regarding Fulber, Cazares says, "Rhys has been our secret member. He is the one producer who has been able to understand what we have been trying to accomplish from the beginning and has opened our eyes to new things without sacrificing our original sound. His production and keyboard talents has made FEAR FACTORY stand out amongst the many bands of our genre."
"The Industrialist" track listing:
01. The Industrialist
03. New Messiah
04. God Eater
05. Depraved Mind Murder
06. Virus of Faith
07. Difference Engine
09. Religion is Flawed Because Man is Flawed
10. Human Augmentation
11. Blush Response (Difference Engine) *
12. Landfill *
* Available on deluxe digibook only
The album's lead single, "Recharger", will be available via iTunes, Amazon and other online retailers beginning April 24. Jo Schüftan of Horns Up Rocks! conducted an interview with FEAR FACTORY guitarist Dino Cazares on the red carpet of the fourth annual Revolver Golden Gods awards, which was held on April 11 at Club Nokia in downtown Los Angeles, California. You can now watch the chat here. FEAR FACTORY's first tour dates since 2011 kick off with four performances in South America, including Brazil, Argentina, and Chile, before starting American dates in San Antonio on May 1. Support on the trek will come from SHADOWS FALL, THE BROWNING, THE DEVASTED and LEGACY OF DISORDER.
"The Industrialist" trailer:
- Blabbermouth posts Yanick Tremblay of Musik Universe conducted an interview with guitarist Bill Kelliher of Atlanta progressive metallers MASTODON on April 6 at Metropolis in Montreal, Quebec, Canada during the band's North American tour with OPETH and GHOST. You can now watch the chat below. MASTODON is currently taking part in a spring North American tour in support of their latest album "The Hunter", which was released by Reprise Records in September. The tour kicked off on April 4 in Portland, Maine, and will visit more than 30 cities in the U.S. and Canada before wrapping up with a hometown show at Atlanta's Masquerade Music Park on May 12. These shows feature an amazing night of powerful music featuring a dream bill with Swedish metal band OPETH as co-headliners, with special guest GHOST providing support on all dates. MASTODON was among the nominees for the 54th annual Grammy Awards, which was held on February 12 at Staples Center in Los Angeles. The band's Grammy nomination was for "Curl Of The Burl", the first single from MASTODON's new album, "The Hunter". MASTODON received its first Grammy nomination in 2006 for the single "Colony Of Birchmen", from the band's Reprise Records debut album, "Blood Mountain".
- Blabbermouth posts U.S. progressive metal icons FATES WARNING tapped Mike Portnoy (ADRENALINE MOB, TRANSATLANTIC, DREAM THEATER, AVENGED SEVENFOLD) to sit behind the kit for their first-ever visit to South America as special guests for QUEENSRŸCHE this past Saturday (April 14) in São Paulo, Brazil. Fan-filmed video footage of the concert can be seen below. Commented FATES WARNING: "We had a great time playing with Mike back in 2005 at the Headway festival in Holland and [we were] happy that [he was] able to help us out again. We'd also like to make it clear that Bobby Jarzombek is still the drummer for FATES and will be . . . on [our] new record we're currently working on. Unfortunately, Bobby committed to another gig on the same day (ironically, in the same city) before this show was planned." In a recent interview with Bulgaria's Tangra Mega Rock, FATES WARNING singer Ray Alder stated about the progress of the songwriting sessions for the new CD, "We're trying as hard as we can. We have these shows [in Europe] and then we go to Brazil in April. And in the meantime we are working as hard as we can to finish the album. Hopefully we'll have it out by the end of this year, If not, the beginning of next year. We're trying our best." He added, "We need to finish writing right now. We finished the first song. The demo version is already done. We'll continue writing as we have a lot of ideas that we need to put together. But the first song is done and I can tell you it's seven minutes long. The recording process itself usually takes about two months and then after that it's another three more months before the album is released. So, we are talking five months out there after the album has been written." The "Parallels" lineup of FATES WARNING played a number of shows in 2010 in support of the released special edition of the album, which was made available through Metal Blade Records. In addition to remastered audio, there is a second audio disc of live and demo material. The package also includes a DVD with nearly three hours of material, including a complete live show from the 1992 "Parallels" tour and a documentary on the making of "Parallels" which includes live, studio, and current day interview footage with all the band members, Terry Brown (producer) and Brian Slagel (CEO of Metal Blade Records). FATES WARNING's latest CD, "X", was released in 2004 on Metal Blade Records. The follow-up to 2000's "Disconnected" was recorded at Carriage House studios in Stamford, Connecticut and features cover artwork by renowned record-cover artist Ioannis (DREAM THEATER, SEPULTURA, DEEP PURPLE, BLUE ÖYSTER CULT, YNGWIE MALMSTEEN, KING CRIMSON, BIOHAZARD, VOIVOD, UFO, OVERKILL).
- Blabbermouth posts Jo Schüftan of Horns Up Rocks! conducted an interview with guitarist/vocalist Robb Flynn and drummer Dave McClain of San Francisco Bay Area metallers MACHINE HEAD on the red carpet of the fourth annual Revolver Golden Gods awards, which was held on April 11 at Club Nokia in downtown Los Angeles, California. You can now watch the chat below. Omnibus Press has set an October 15 tentative release date for "Inside The Machine". The world's first MACHINE HEAD biography — which has **NOT** been authorized by the band — is being written by British rock author Joel McIver — whose 20 books to date include "Justice for All: The Truth About Metallica", "Crazy Train: The High Life And Tragic Death Of Randy Rhoads", "Glenn Hughes: The Autobiography", "To Live Is To Die: The Life And Death Of Metallica's Cliff Burton", "Overkill: The Untold Story Of Motörhead", "The Bloody Reign Of Slayer" and "Unleashed: The Story Of Tool". MACHINE HEAD recently completed a North American headlining with support from SUICIDE SILENCE and DARKEST HOUR. MACHINE HEAD's new album, "Unto The Locust", sold more than 17,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release to land at position No. 22 on The Billboard 200 chart — putting MACHINE HEAD in the Top 25 for the first time in the band's 17-year history. MACHINE HEAD has consistently averaged more than 100,000 copies sold in the U.S. for each of its seven albums and has shifted double that overseas (accruing several silver records in the U.K.), resulting in cumulative worldwide sales of more than 2.4 million. MACHINE HEAD's previous CD, "The Blackening", opened with just under 15,000 units back in April 2007 to debut at No. 54 on The Billboard 200 chart. The band's 2004 effort, "Through The Ashes Of Empires", premiered with less than 12,000 copies to land at No. 88.
- Blabbermouth posts a heavy metal fan from Washington, D.C. by the name of Bryan Buchanan was surprised with "the most metal birthday cake ever" this past weekend. Bryan, who just turned 30, tells BLABBERMOUTH.NET, "It's the best cake I've ever seen, let alone received!" Although Bryan's girlfriend, Vanessa, came up with the design, the cake was actually made by Charm City Cakes in Baltimore, Maryland. According to a posting on the Charm City Cakes web site, the company "was started in March of 2000 when Chef Duff had tired of wandering the country and decided to settle in Baltimore. At first, Chef Duff was just making a few cakes for friends and family, but as word got out about his uncommon creations, business picked up fast. In March of 2002, Chef Duff was getting so inundated with cake orders that he decided to fling off the oppression of his day job and make cake baking his full-time gig! He quickly outgrew his home kitchen and two bakeries; in August of 2005 he bought a 6,000-square-foot cake compound in Remington. Today, Charm City Cakes has grown to a staff of eleven friends who make cakes, listen to music, and eat a lot of sushi."