Despite performing for well over 50 years, Ringo Starr says he still battles stage fright before each and every performance. Ringo and his 12th All Starr Band will kick off their 25-date summer tour on June 14th in Niagara Falls, Ontario at the Fallsview Casino and wrap up the trek on July 21st at L.A.'s Greek Theater. Ringo revealed to Billboard the extent of his nervousness before hitting the stage, admitting, "I have actually puked before I went on as all my nerves come to the fore. It is part of what I am and it happens before every show. There have been times that I just wanted to go back to bed as I just get so nervous. Every night I just hope that tonight is the night when I am going to feel like Frank Sinatra. I hope, 'You are just going to stroll on,' but I haven't made it yet -- I always run. That's why I always run on to it. I would love to coolly stroll on stage but I cannot."
Joining Ringo on the road this time around will be returning All Starrs Todd Rundgren, saxophonist Mark Rivera, Mr. Mister's Richard Page, and drummer Gregg Bissonette. New to Ringo's band are Santana and Journey co-founding keyboardist Gregg Rollie, and Toto's co-founding guitarist Steve Lukather. In addition to each member's greatest hits, Ringo will perform songs from his new, critically acclaimed album, Ringo 2012.
- Ringo told us that unlike some creative representation of the band as artists, the All Starr Band tours have always been about people having a night out seeing a show jam packed with their favorite songs: ["I mean, the main criteria is that you have to have hits from the '60s -- which I have, the '70s, '80s and that's what we do. Y'know, as I keep saying: 'We are the 1-800 number live show.'"] SOUNDCUE (:10 OC: . . . number live show)
- Ringo Starr & His All Starr Band tour dates (subject to change):
June 14, 15 - Niagara Falls, ON - Niagara Fallsview Casino Resort
June 16 - Bethel, NY - Bethel Woods Center For The Arts
June 17 - Uncasville, CT - Mohegan Sun Arena
June 19 - Boston, MA - Bank Of America Pavilion
June 22 - Wantagh, NY - Nikon At Jones Beach Theater
June 23 - Atlantic City, NJ - Caesars Atlantic City
June 24 - Baltimore, MD - Meyerhoff Symphony Hall
June 26 - Easton, PA - State Theatre Center For The Arts
June 27 - Morristown, NJ - Mayo Performing Arts Center
June 29 - Saint Augustine, FL - St. Augustine Amphitheatre
June 30 - Hollywood, FL - Seminole Hard Rock Live
July 1 - Clearwater, FL - Ruth Eckerd Hall
July 3 - Tuscaloosa, AL - Tuscaloosa Amphitheater
July 4 - Orange Beach, AL - Amphitheater At The Wharf
July 6 - Atlanta, GA - Fox Theatre
July 7 - Nashville, TN - Ryman Auditorium (***Ringo's 72nd Birthday!!!)
July 8 - Hammond, IN - The Venue At Horseshoe Casino
July 11 - Salt Lake City, UT - Usana Amphitheatre
July 13 - Airway Heights, WA - Northern Quest Casino
July 14 - Woodinville, WA - Chateau Ste. Michelle Winery
July 15 - Troutdale, OR - McMenamins Edgefield Amphitheater
July 17 - Saratoga, CA - The Mountain Winery
July 20 - San Diego, CA - Humphrey's Concerts By The Bay
Juy 21 - Los Angeles, CA - Greek Theatre
- Out now is Ringo's 17th solo studio album, Ringo 2012, which marks the first time in his 50-year recording career, that Ringo has self-produced an album.
- Highlights on Ringo 2012 feature the Van Dyke Parks co-write, "Samba," Ringo's covers of the Lonnie Donegan skiffle standard, "Rock Island Line," and Buddy Holly's "Think It Over" -- which was featured on the recent tribute set Buddy Holly: Listen To Me.
- Also included on the album is "In Liverpool," Ringo's third autobiographical song about his childhood.
CHECK IT OUT: The Beatles in January 1969 performing "Octopus's Garden" in Let It Be:
Ringo Starr On The Makeup Of The All Starr Shows
Read more at Ultimate Classic Rock and Spinner