Subscribe to channel
Of course you need to take it with a grain of salt, but the Beatles
fan website wogew.blogspot.com
has posted a list which claims to be the release schedule of the entire Paul McCartney
"Archive Collection" which will continue through 2016. In addition to the previously released Band On The Run
deluxe edition, and the upcoming McCartney
and McCartney II
set coming on June 14th -- the next two albums said to be featured in the Archive Collection will be Ram
and Venus And Mars
, due out later this year.
The total list runs 43 separate multi-disc releases spanning McCartney's Wings albums through his solo career, experimental sets and classical projects, as well as his live releases and new outtakes collections.
- With a track record like his, McCartney has learned to roll with having some years produce better work than others: "I mean, I've written so many songs, they can't just all be as good as each other. Y'know, you look at anyone who is any good and it just doesn't churn out, y'know? You've gotta have your ups and downs. You can't just keep it churning out like a sausage factory where it just comes out A-1 all the time. It's not like that."
- The Paul McCartney Archive Collection schedule via wogew.blogspot.com:
1. Band On The Run (3 CD's, 1 DVD)
2. McCartney (2 CD's 1 CD)
3. McCartney II (3 CD's, 1 DVD)
4. Ram (3 CDs, 1 DVD)
5. Venus And Mars (2 CD's, 1 DVD)
6. Wings At The Speed Of Sound (2 CD's, 1 DVD)
7. Wings Over America (2 CD's 2 DVD's)
8. Wide Prairie -- Linda McCartney (2 CD's 2 DVD's)
9. Wild Life (2 CD's 2 DVD's)
10. Red Rose Speedway (2 CD's 2 DVD's)
11. London Town (2 CD's 1 DVD)
12. Back To The Egg (2 CD's 1 DVD) (probably the Back To The Egg TV Special)
13. Wings Live 1979 (*** NEW TITLE) (2 CD's 1 DVD) (Probably Glasgow audio and Hammersmith DVD)
14. Tug Of War (2 CD's, 1 DVD)
15. Pipes Of Peace (2 CD's, 1 DVD)
16. Give My Regards To Broad Street (3 CD's 2 DVD's)
17. Press To Play (4 CD's 1 DVD)
18. Choba B CCCP & Prince's Trust Birthday Party (2 CDs, 1 DVD)
19. McGear, Holly Days, "Whippets," "Country Hams and Surprises" (4 CD's)
20. Flowers In The Dirt (3 CD's, 1 DVD)
21. Tripping The Live Fantastic (3 CD's, 1 DVD)
22. Unplugged (2 CD's 1 DVD)
23. Off The Ground (3 CD's 2 DVD's)
24. Paul Is Live (2 CD's 2 DVD's)
25. The Fireman Vol 1 & 2 (3 CD's, 1 DVD)
26. Oobu Joobu, Liverpool Sound Collage, Daumier's Law and "Crazy Stuff" (3 CD's, 1 DVD)
27. Flaming Pie (2 CD's 2 DVD's)
28. Run Devil Run (2 CD's, 1 DVD)
29. Driving Rain (2 CD's, 1 DVD)
30. Back In The US / World (3 CD's, 1 DVD)
31. Chaos And Creation In The Backyard (2 CD's 2 DVD's)
32. Memory Almost Full (2 CDs, 1 DVD)
33. Electric Arguments (3 CD's, 1 DVD)
34. Liverpool Oratorio (3 CD's 2 DVD's)
35. Standing Stone (3 CD's 2 DVD's)
36. Working Classical / A Leaf (2 CDs, 1 DVD)
37. Ecce Cor Meum (2 CDs, 1 DVD)
38. The Studio Outtakes: 1970 - 1989 (*** NEW TITLE) (4 CD's)
39. The Studio Outtakes: 1990 - 2014 (*** NEW TITLE) (4 CD's)
40. The Rude Studio Recordings 1970 - 1997 (*** NEW TITLE) (4 CD's)
41. The Demos 1960 - 1979 (*** NEW TITLE) (4 CD's)
42. The Demos 1980 - 2016 (*** NEW TITLE) (4 CD's)
43. "The rare live recordings, soundchecks and rehearsals" (4 CD's)
- Coming on June 14th will both his legendary "one-man-band" solo sets -- 1970's McCartney and 1980's and McCartney II -- will be reissued in several deluxe editions, along with two-disc 180 gram audiophile vinyl editions, which include an MP3 download of all included audio.
- McCartney will be made available as a double Special Edition featuring the original remastered album plus seven bonus audio tracks -- including the previously unreleased outtakes "Suicide" and "Don't Cry Baby," plus a previously unreleased live 1979 recording of "Maybe I'm Amazed".
- A Deluxe Edition featuring a lavishly packaged three-disc (two CD/one DVD) set includes an exclusive bonus DVD featuring rare and previously unseen footage, a 128-page hard bound book containing many exclusive and unpublished photos by Paul and Linda McCartney, original album artwork, downloadable hi-res audio versions of the remastered album and bonus audio tracks, an illustrated history of the making of the album, and expanded track by track information for the two audio discs as well as detailed historical information on the film content.
- McCartney II will also be made available as a two-CD Special Edition featuring the original remastered album plus eight bonus tracks including B-Sides and alternative versions. The bonus audio CD includes Wings' final Number One hit -- "Coming Up (Live At Glasgow, 1979)" -- and the holiday perennial "Wonderful Christmastime" -- which was recorded during the Summer 1979 McCartney II sessions.
CHECK IT OUT: Paul McCartney and Wings performing "Soily" from their 1974 studio doc, One Hand Clapping:
Paul McCartney On The Quality Of Early Solo Material
Return to previous page
Send to a friend
MTV's Daily Video
Eye Of Provide..
Eye Of Provide..