Five Finger Death Punch drummer Jeremy Spencer will publish his autobiography, titled Deathpunched: Cheers To My Sobriety, early next year, according to Blabbermouth. Spencer, who just celebrated a year of sobriety on January 8th, initially intended to publish the book himself, but now says that a deal is going forward with a publishing company to release the book in early 2014.
In an interview with Los Angeles radio station KLOS, Spencer said about the book, "Obviously, being in a rock band, you dabble in the party lifestyle from time to time. So after years of that catching up to me, I got sober. But we always used to have this saying about doing cocaine . . . we always said, 'Man, you feel like (porn star) Ron Jeremy from the neck up and (late quadriplegic actor) Christopher Reeve from the neck down. So the cover of the book is me in, like, a Superman kind of costume in a wheelchair cheersing a martini glass with Ron Jeremy and two hot chicks."
- Spencer and the rest of Five Finger Death Punch are currently in the studio working on their fourth album.
- The band's last effort, 2011's American Capitalist, was certified gold last year for sales of 500,000 copies. All three of the group's releases, including 2007's The Way Of The Fist and 2009's War Is The Answer, are gold.
- Five Finger Death Punch is scheduled to make a number of festival appearances this summer, including on a yet-to-be-announced "big tour" in the U.S.
CHECK IT OUT: Here's a behind-the-scenes clip of Five Finger Death Punch working in the studio:
WHAT DO YOU THINK??
- So...does everyone who plays in a rock band get to write a memoir now?
- How many people out there do you think will be interested in the life story of Five Finger Death Punch's drummer?
- Is his Christopher Reeve reference in bad taste, considering how Reeve became paralyzed in a horse-riding accident (and not from doing too much cocaine)?
INTERNET COMMENTS at Blabbermouth -- agree or not?
For Whom The Bell Trolls wrote: "who gives a f***?"
entenus wrote: "really, this guy wrote a book? i'm very happy to hear that he's clean now, best to him, but really? a book? i guess these guys are really huge somewhere?"
Voice Of Sanitry wrote: "Well about time! They've made all of three albums and are already playing the half past two in the afternoon slot at major festivals, what took the drummer so long to write his autobiography? Can't wait for the movie. I believe they're gonna build a theme park in his honour and call it JeremyWorld."
Lalste wrote: "dont you have to, at least, achieve something in order to write a biography???"
Read more at Blabbermouth and Loudwire