Blabbermouth reports LED ZEPPELIN's concert film, "Celebration Day", which is available on CD, DVD, and Blu-ray disc, is likely to sell between 90,000 and 100,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release, according to industry web site Hits Daily Double. The estimate was based on two-day sales reports compiled after the package arrived in stores on November 19 via Swan Song/Atlantic Records.
"Celebration Day" documents LED ZEPPELIN's 2007 concert at London, England's O2 Arena. The film made its U.S. debut at the historic Ziegfeld Theater in New York's theater district on October 9. Prior to the premiere, founding members John Paul Jones, Jimmy Page, and Robert Plant were joined by Jason Bonham, the son of their late drummer John Bonham, for a press conference at New York's Museum of Modern Art.
LED ZEPPELIN took the stage at London's O2 Arena on December 10, 2007 to headline a tribute concert for dear friend and Atlantic Records founder Ahmet Ertegun. What followed was a two-hour-plus tour de force of the band's signature blues-infused tock 'n' roll that instantly became part of the legend of LED ZEPPELIN. Although 20 million people applied for tickets, the band's first headline show in 27 years was seen only by the 18,000 ticket holders who were fortunate enough to have secured seats through the worldwide lottery.
The film of "Celebration Day" saw a worldwide theatrical release by Omniverse Vision on 1,500 screens in over 40 territories on October 17.
"Celebration Day" configurations.
* Standard Editions – 1-DVD/2-CD set and 1-Blu-ray/2-CD set
* Deluxe Editions – 2-DVD/2-CD set and 1-Blu-ray/1-DVD/2-CD set featuring exclusive bonus video content including the Shepperton rehearsals, and BBC news footage.
* Music Only CD Edition – 2-CD set
* Music Only Blu-ray Audio Edition – Blu-ray Audio release featuring high-resolution 48K 24 bit PCM stereo and DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 surround sound audio only, no video
* Vinyl Edition – 3 LPs, 180-gram, audiophile quality vinyl (Available December 11)
* Digital Edition – Audio is available at all digital retail outlets
Check out an interview with Jimmy Page at Rolling Stone