Godsmack frontman Sully Erna has once again been sidelined by an injury, according to Blabbermouth. The singer has been forced to pull out of the Rock 'N' Roll Marathon, scheduled for November 11th in San Antonio, Texas, after sustaining an unspecified injury. A statement posted at the band's website read, "Unfortunately, because of an injury, Sully has chosen to back out of the San Antonio Marathon on Nov. 11. He plans on continuing his training as soon as he is feeling better and appreciates all the fan support thus far. Fortunately, there will be other marathons in the near future and he looks forward to participating in one of them. He may have to take a little break for now, but he WILL be back in action very soon!"
- Erna told us earlier this year what his training regimen was like for the 26-mile run: "You run three days a week, and then on the fourth day, you up your mileage. You'll eventually get your long runs up to like 18, 19, 20 miles. So you never really go past 20 miles up until the marathon, and then you just go for it."
- Erna went under the knife earlier this year to repair an old knee injury, although it's not clear if this new problem is related to that.
- Godsmack was forced to scrap most of a European tour this past summer after Erna came down with a throat infection that affected his singing.
- He did recover in time to co-headline the Rockstar Energy Uproar Festival tour in August and September with Shinedown and Staind. Godsmack will next appear on the five-day ShipRocked 2012 cruise, which will take off from Fort Lauderdale, Florida on November 27th.
DID YOU KNOW?
- The Rock 'N' Roll Marathon series is a collection of road running events owned and operated by Competitor Group, Inc. The series is known for lining race routes with live bands, cheerleaders and themed water stations.
- Rock 'N' Roll Marathon started as a single race in 1998, and is now said to be the "world's largest running series," with a global tour schedule of 27 events in 2012.
WHAT DO YOU THINK??
- Have you ever run a marathon? Did you finish it? Did you do okay or did you embarrass yourself?
- If you have done a marathon, anything embarrassing happen along the route?
- Do you have any nagging injuries that just won't go away?
CHECK IT OUT: Injured during marathon training? Here are some tips: http://tinyurl.com/br29ubj
INTERNET COMMENTS at Blabbermouth -- agree or not?
Loser wrote: "WUSS!!!"
Dr. Unk wrote: "San Antonio just gave a collective SHEW!"
Deathpool Dave wrote: "...and a frustrated rock and roll marathon rolled over and went to sleep..."
stipple wrote: "Sully Erna is one of those people that when I look at their face I just want to clobber him. He seems very smug and could probably use a good beating. Not to mention he is in a very s***ty band."
Godsmack's Sully Erna On His Marathon Training
Read more at Blabbermouth and Loudwire