Linkin Park, Mumford And Sons and Fun. were among the rock acts making the preliminary round of voting for the 39th annual People's Choice Awards. Fans were able to vote for their favorites until this past Friday (November 2nd) at the awards website, with the final nominees to be revealed on November 15th. The preliminary list of groups from which the final five will be selected for the Favorite Band category included Linkin Park, Mumford & Sons, No Doubt, Green Day, Shinedown, Dave Matthews Band, the Killers, the Black Keys, Van Halen and others.
- Linkin Park, Mumford And Sons Fun. and Gotye were also up for Favorite Album, while Fun. and Gotye were in the running for Favorite Song.
- Linkin Park frontman Chester Bennington told us that the band has a vast appreciation for its fans: "I think we have the best fans in the world, and we just totally appreciate everything they do for us, in whatever way, you know, our fan club, our street teams, just kids out there just buying records or coming to the shows or whatever. It's awesome, and everything we do, they support us one hundred percent and we wouldn't be here if it wasn't for them. So we just totally, we love 'em and try to do as much as we can for 'em."
- Once the final nominees are revealed on November 15th, it will be just under two months until voting ends and the 2013 People's Choice Awards air live on CBS on January 9th.
WHAT DO YOU THINK??
- The People's Choice Awards-- something you care about?
- If you had the chance, would you vote for them anyway?
- Do you think they really represent what "the people" enjoy?
Chester Bennington On Linkin Park's Fans
Read more at Loudwire