Subscribe to channel
- Beck will contribute three previously unreleased songs to the soundtrack of the upcoming video game Sound Shapes. The tracks, called "Cities," "Touch The People" and "Spiral Staircase," will each appear at a different level of the game. Sound Shapes is due out on August 7th for PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita. (Billboard)
- The Temper Trap has announced a fall tour of the U.S. in support of its self-titled sophomore effort. The new round of touring begins October 12th in New York City and runs up to October 28th in Austin. The Temper Trap kicks off its first leg of North American dates on July 28th in Minneapolis, ending on August 7th in Toronto. (FMQB)
- Flobots are gearing up for a handful of record release shows in support of their upcoming album, The Circle In The Square, which is due on August 28th. The group has booked shows on August 22nd in Omaha, August 23rd in Fort Collins, Colorado, August 24th in Denver and August 25th in Colorado Springs. (FMQB)
- Nine Inch Nails main man Trent Reznor appears in a new video interview about his involvement in Call Of Duty: Black Ops 2. Reznor is joined in the interview by writer David S. Goyer, studio head Mark Lamia and game director Dave Anthony to discuss the relationship between movies, music and games, as well as the creative process behind Call Of Duty: Black Ops 2. The game is due out on November 13th. (Antiquiet)
CHECK IT OUT: Watch the interview featuring Trent Reznor about Call Of Duty: Black Ops 2:
- The long awaited reissue of Kiss' 1976 studio breakthrough, Destroyer, will be released on August 21st. The new package features producer Bob Ezrin's new remix of the album, which included such classics as "Beth," "Detroit Rock City," "Shout It Out Loud," "Do You Love Me," and "God Of Thunder."
- The new version -- dubbed Destroyer: Resurrected -- includes a single bonus track of "Sweet Pain" with the original guitar solo. The new album cover features the original artwork, which Casablanca Record execs originally felt was too violent and eventually toned down by use of more color in the painting. Read more at Blabbermouth
- Lindsey Buckingham has licensed the song -- not the recording -- of his 1983 movie theme to National Lampoon's Vacation, "Holiday Road," to Twizzler's licorice. The tune, which borrows heavily from the sound of his 1981 solo debut Law And Order with a distinct rockabilly bent, was recorded following Fleetwood Mac's 1982 Mirage tour.
- Early-'60s teen heartthrob Bobby Rydell underwent a double organ transplant last week. The 70-year-old Philadelphia native had a full kidney and partial liver transplant -- with the remaining portion used to help a child. Rydell said doctors at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital didn't expect him to survive much longer without the transplants.
- Rydell, who was expected to be released from the hospital yesterday (July 18th), is best known for his late-'50s and early-'60s hits "Kissin' Time," "Wild One," and "Volare." He still tours on his own and with fellow American Bandstand alumnus Frankie Avalon and Fabian as the Golden Boys. (The Associated Press) Read more at Spinner
- Legendary Funk Brother Bob Babbitt, one of Motown's legendary session bassists died on July 16th at a Nashville Hospice after suffering from brain cancer at age 74. Babbitt played bass on such late-60s Motown classics as the Temptations' "Ball Of Confusion," and "Just My Imagination (Running Away With Me)," Stevie Wonder's "Signed, Sealed Delivered (I'm Yours)," Smokey Robinson & The Miracles' "The Tears Of A Clown," Marvin Gaye's "What's Goin' On" and "Mercy Mercy Me," Gladys Knight & The Pips' "If I Were Your Woman" and "Midnight Train To Georgia," and Diana Ross' "Touch Me In The Morning," among dozens of other tracks.
- Babbitt's non-Motown career included playing bass on Del Shannon's "Little Town Flirt," the Capitols' "Cool Jerk," "Jim Croce's "I Got A Name," the Spinners' "Then Came You," "Games People Play," and Rubber Band Man," Alice Cooper's "You And Me," Barry Manilow's "Copacabana," Engelbert Humperdinck's "After The Lovin'," Elton John's "Mama Can't Buy You Love," and many more. (Vintage Vinyl News) Read more at Spinner and Rolling Stone
- Blabbermouth reports STONE SOUR guitarist Josh Rand is hand-picking never-before-released demos from the band's archives to share with members of the group's official "Dead Generation" fan club. The first recording to be released, a demo version of "Get Inside" from 2000, will be posted this Friday, July 20, to be followed by additional tracks on the 1st and the 15th of each month. Fan-club members will get first-hand insight of how STONE SOUR write as a band, and how their music evolves into what you hear on the albums. Some of the tracks will be extremely raw in their beginning stages, while others will sound more polished. All will be available to fan club members only! To join the STONE SOUR fan club, go to this location. STONE SOUR's upcoming fourth album, "House Of Gold And Bones", is a two-part concept effort that was recorded at Sound Farm Studios outside the band's home base in Iowa. Singer Corey Taylor has played one of the songs that will be featured on the CD, "Taciturn", acoustically at some of the recent festival appearances and fans seem to embrace the change. Taylor said, "That song translates so well acoustically. When I wrote 'Taciturn', I knew it was something that could go either way. It could be a full band piece or it could be something I could play on my own. If I was going to give the people a first taste of what 'House Of Gold And Bones' parts 1 and 2 are going to be, 'Taciturn' is a nice way to give them a cool picture of it even in a stripped-down sense. That song is essentially about trust. It's about trying to find the courage to open up to the people you care about, love, and value, knowing that they're going to be there to catch you when it all comes down. They're going to be there for you when nobody else is. It's about letting go of the anchors that hold you down in life, opening yourself up and saying, 'If you're there for me, I'll be there for you. You've just got to give me a second'."
- Blabbermouth reports according to Leader-Telegram, the organizers of the Rock Fest festival in Cadott, Wisconsin have revealed that the stage at this year's event will be expanded to accommodate Saturday night's performance by British heavy metal legends IRON MAIDEN. "We actually are adding on 5 feet to the back of the stage and 8 feet to the front of the stage just to fit their set," festival director Wade Asher said. "It's the biggest set we've ever had at Country Fest or Rock Fest, period. Kind of crazy." Other changes that have been made to the festival site include the addition of the cell-phone-charging stations at the beer tent as well as larger jumbo screens on each side of the stage, which are twice as big for better viewing. "We had one of our best years last year for Rock Fest and this year is going to compete," Asher said. "The combination of bringing the new rock acts into the scene with the older classic rock, there's just not enough demographic to support one type of rock for a four-day festival." He added, "I think a lot of those classic rockers are really starting to like all the new stuff coming down the pike, and they're intertwining. We don't have any form of rock station in the Chippewa Valley, but it's amazing I'm hearing of all these classic rockers in the Chippewa Valley that are listening to FIVE FINGER DEATH PUNCH, to GODSMACK, to BUCKCHERRY and SHINEDOWN." Multi-camera video footage of IRON MAIDEN July 2 performance at Prudential Center in Newark, New Jersey can be seen below.
- Blabbermouth posts former GUNS N' ROSES and current ADLER drummer Steven Adler recently sat down with AOL's Noisecreep recently to discuss the 25th anniversary of GNR's "Appetite For Destruction", one of the most successful and important debut albums of all time which has gone on to sell more than 30 million copies. Check out the video footage below. Original GN'R members Adler, Slash and Duff McKagan, along with later members Matt Sorum and Gilby Clarke, performed three songs at the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame induction ceremony in Cleveland, Ohio in April. They were joined on vocals by Myles Kennedy, who sings in Slash's solo band. GUNS N' ROSES lead singer Axl Rose skipped the induction and declined to be inducted along with the rest of the group. Read more at Noisecreep
- Blabbermouth reports Honda has chosen JUDAS PRIEST's classic 1982 track "You've Got Another Thing Comin'" for its new campaign dubbed the "Honda Summer Clearance Event." You can check out the 30-second commercial below. Back in 2010, Honda used another PRIEST song, "The Hellion", in a commercial for its redesigned 2011 Odyssey minivan. The 30-second spot featured a young, ex-rocker dad and an iconic Marshall amp. Both "You've Got Another Thing Comin'" and "The Hellion" come off PRIEST's classic eighth studio album, "Screaming For Vengeance", which celebrates its 30th anniversary this year. Released on July 17, 1982 — with a remastered CD version released in May of 2001 — it remains the top selling release of JUDAS PRIEST's career. Former PRIEST guitarist Kenneth "K.K." Downing's official web site, Steel Mill, earlier this week posted a new blog from K.K. on the recording, impact and legacy of "Screaming For Vengeance". Check it out at this location. On how "You've Got Another Thing Comin'" came together, Downing said, "As it happened, I seem to remember that we were quite happy with the album but decided late on that we could add one more song. I know we had some of the parts but we set about completing 'Another Thing Comin'' during the mixing sessions at Bee Jay studios. It came together quite quickly, and I seem to remember that we all had a good feeling about it as it did sound like a good driving song and possibly a good radio track." Read more at Ultimate Classic Rock
- Blabbermouth reports "Band Of Brothers", the third album from the metal juggernaut known as HELLYEAH — featuring Vinnie Paul Abbott (PANTERA, DAMAGEPLAN), Chad Gray and Greg Tribbett (MUDVAYNE), Tom Maxwell (NOTHINGFACE) and Bob "Zilla" Kakaha (DAMAGEPLAN) — is likely to sell between 14,000 and 17,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release, according to industry web site Hits Daily Double. The estimate was based on one-day sales reports compiled after the record arrived in stores on July 17 via HELLYEAH's new label home, Eleven Seven Music. HELLYEAH's sophomore CD, "Stampede", opened with 28,000 units back in July 2010 to land at position No. 8 on The Billboard 200 chart. The band's self-titled debut CD registered a first-week tally of 45,000 units in April 2007 to enter the chart at No. 9. "Band Of Brothers" was recorded in Dallas, Texas at Vinnie Paul Abbott's home studio, VP's Upstairs Studio, and was produced by the band and Jeremy Parker (GODSMACK, EVANESCENCE), who also served as engineer. Gray told The Pulse Of Radio that the album represents the first time that the members of the band have fully embraced their musical roots. "It's definitely my favorite HELLYEAH record to date, for sure," he said. "I think the first couple were kind of experiments and stuff, and I think we kind of kept what we've done individually away from HELLYEAH, with our, you know, previous bands and stuff, and this time it was like we just kind of said, 'Screw it,' we just kind of quit being afraid to be ourselves. I'm really, really proud of it, I think we all are."
The band has stated that "Band Of Brothers" is a heavier, more metal-sounding effort that either its self-titled 2007 debut or 2010's "Stampede".
"Band Of Brothers" track listing:
01. War In Me
02. Band Of Brothers
04. Drink Drank Drunk
05. Bigger God
06. Between You And Nowhere
07. Call It
08. Why Does It Always
09. WM Free
10. Dig Myself A Hole
11. What It Takes To Be Me
"Band Of Brothers" video:
- Blabbermouth reports LAMB OF GOD guitarist Mark Morton has made a brand-new track titled "To Make Sure2" available for free download at this location. Morton announced the release of the song via Facebook. He wrote, "Here's a tune I worked on with some friends the other night. [It's] something different. [I] hope you enjoy." LAMB OF GOD frontman Randy Blythe was arrested in the Czech Republic on June 27 and is facing manslaughter charges in connection with a 2010 Prague concert at which he allegedly shoved a local fan off the stage. The man, who is said to have stormed the stage three times during the show, reportedly suffered a brain hemorrhage that resulted in his death nearly a month later.
- Blabbermouth reports SLAYER bassist/vocalist Tom Araya recently spoke to Gary Graff of Billboard.com about the band's plans for the remainder of the year after it wraps its run on the Rockstar Energy Drink Mayhem Festival in early August. "We'll probably get together and start writing together and start making a new album," he said. "I think after [Mayhem] we'll just go back to the drawing board and take a look at what we've got and start putting it together. These days we're a bit more like, 'Let's see what comes out.' We don't chomp at the bit like we did in the early days. You just sort of have to let it happen and see what the end result is, and hopefully we'll like it...Everything we've done as a band has been like that — 'Wow, let's do it.' We know the outcome is going to be good." Regarding the status of guitarist Jeff Hanneman — who in January 2011 contracted necrotizing fasciitis, likely caused by a spider bite, and has been undergoing surgeries, skin grafts and intense rehab since — Araya said, "Jeff's had a long ordeal. He's working on his playing ability, and that's something that's gonna take some time. He's working on strengthening his arm and his ability to play. He can play, but it's not for an extended period of time. Like anything else when you have some kind of not only muscle damage but nerve damage, it takes a bit for a lot of your functions to come back. They're not going to come back and easy and quick." He added, "On this [latest tour] more than others it's dawned on me that he's not there. The audiences have been very favorable, capacity crowds, really good. I just kind of look out and think, 'Jeff, God, where are you? You worked 30 years for this. You should be here.' He should be enjoying this part of his career. I can't wait for him to (be back)." EXODUS guitarist Gary Holt is filling in for Hanneman on SLAYER's summer tour, which kicked off at the end of May at All Tomorrow's Parties in England.
- Blabbermouth reports I AM I, the new band led by former DRAGONFORCE singer ZP Theart has announced the addition of drummer Phil Martini (DOWN 'N' OUTZ, TOKYO DRAGONS, THE QUIREBOYS) to the group's ranks. With things really starting to build momentum after the release of their debut album, "Event Horizon", the members of I AM I found themselves in need of a professional, talented drummer with the same desire, humour and passion for their music as they had, and it didn't take long before they found themselves the ideal man. Following a chance meeting at a CLAYTOWN TROUPE gig, ZP and Phil found they got along famously and once Phil had heard the album, he was in! Commented ZP Theart: "We hadn't even started to look for a drummer yet but the first time I saw Phil playing, I knew he was the man for us. He's a great guy, really easy to work with and fitted straight into the band at first practice, and we're stoked he's now part of the I AM I team." As previously reported, I AM I recently signed a worldwide publishing deal through Sony/ATV Music. Their deal, via Albam Songs, means they join a roster that includes Bob Dylan, THE BEATLES, Robert Plant, PEARL JAM, BON JOVI and Lady Gaga. "I AM I are an incredibly exciting band. It's great to be involved from the very beginning," says Alan Bambrough of Sony/ATV Music Publishing Limited. "'Event Horizon' is a brilliant album and there's no limit to what these guys can achieve." I AM I's next live appearance will take place on August 11 at this year's Bloodstock Open Air festival at Catton Hall in Walton On Trent, Derbyshire, England. I AM I made its live debut on May 27 at Birmingham, England's O2 Academy 2. I AM I released its debut album, "Event Horizon", independently on May 26. Written and produced by Theart and Jacob Ziemba and mixed and mastered by Roland Grapow (HELLOWEEN, MASTERPLAN), the CD is described in a press release as "an absolutely blistering slice of heavy rock liberally infused with Theart's passion, energy and soaring vocals." "Event Horizon" was, according to I AM I, the first-ever heavy metal album to be released solely on USB. The stick is packaged in a CD case and includes full artwork and all the usual content you would expect on a disc and more. The effort is available to order from the official I AM I web site.
"Event Horizon" track listing:
01. This is My Life
02. Silent Genocide
03. Stay A While
04. Cross The Line
05. In The Air Tonight
06. King In Ruins
07. Kiss Of Judas
08. Dust 2 Dust
09. Wasted Wonders
10. Pave The Way
DRAGONFORCE parted ways with Theart in March 2010 "due to insurmountable differences of musical opinion," according to a statement released by the British extreme epic power metal band. After entries from thousands of hopefuls across the globe, DRAGONFORCE in March 2011 welcomed then-23-year-old Marc Hudson to the group.
- Blabbermouth posts CIRCLE II CIRCLE, the band formed by ex-SAVATAGE front man Zak Stevens, has recruited drummer Adam Sagan (INTO ETERNITY, FINAL DARKNESS, ECHOTERRA) to sit behind the kit for their upcoming European tour, which includes a stop at this year's edition of the Wacken Open Air festival in Wacken, Germany. Commented Sagan, "Every musician out there hopes for 'the phone call,' that one time when the phone rings and you know your life will never again be the same. When my good friend Christian Wentz called me and asked me to come on board, how could I say no?! Zak Stevens is hands-down one of the greatest singers in rock and metal history. The rest of the guys are certainly no slouches either! Bill, Christian, Mitch and Henning are all masters; some of the absolute greatest players in the world. I'm honored and humbled to have been chosen by such an absurdly talented group of musicians, and I can't wait to bring the madness with them! In addition, CIRCLE II CIRCLE's recent signing to Rage On Stage Management will plant more shows in the USA and Canadian markets which has created an exciting buzz with fans!" A drummer of 20 years, Sagan has toured extensively and shared stages with some of the biggest names in rock and metal, including MOTÖRHEAD, CANNIBAL CORPSE, GWAR, STRATOVARIUS, OPETH, DANZIG, KAMELOT and dozens more. In addition to touring and recording, he also pens an instructional column for Drumhead magazine, and offers private drum instruction in the Minneapolis/St Paul area of Minnesota.
CIRCLE II CIRCLE current touring lineup:
Zak Stevens (Vocals)
Mitch Stewart (Bass)
Bill Hudson (Guitars)
Christian Wentz (Guitars)
Henning Wanner (Keyboards)
Adam Sagan (Drums)
- Blabbermouth reports the release date of "Silverthorn", the new album from American/German/Swedish symphonic metallers KAMELOT, has been pushed back to October 26 (Germany), October 29 (rest of Europe) and October 30 (North America) via Steamhammer/SPV. The CD will mark the band's first release with new singer Tommy Karevik, the 30-year-old Swede who previously fronted SEVENTH WONDER (a group that he is still a member of). In a brand new interview with RockLiveBG, KAMELOT keyboardist Oliver Palotai stated about the band's new vocalist, "[Tommy] was already with us on some tour dates as a guest singer, and he was singing on one or two songs. And in the past year, we were considering which singer to take. I was strongly on Tommy's side because he made a huge impression on me. Personality. of course. is really important. and he is a little bit introverted and I like this 'Scandinavian feel' about him and he fits KAMELOT really well." He continued, "The final decision for him was sending in vocals, lyrics and recorded melody on a ballad that I wrote which is on the album. And it was so great and impressive. We all had goosebumps and when we heard that for the first time we knew immediately that was 'it.' He wrote most of the vocal melodies in the album also." On the topic of the upcoming CD, Palotai said, "The cover was done by Stephan Heilemann. He also did covers for EPICA and my other band, SONS OF SEASONS. He is one of my best buddies, living in the neighborhood, and in my opinion, he is one of the greatest designers in the whole world. The amount of songs is ... I think 9 or 10 without the interludes. . . It's a concept album and it has a story. In the special edition you will get a little book where the story is described. All the songs will be around the story. It will be something like [2005's] 'The Black Halo'. Regarding how the upcoming CD compares to 2010's "Poetry For The Poisoned", Oliver said, "To be honest, I'm not the biggest fan of 'Poetry For The Poisoned'. For me, 'The Black Halo' is a bit like a reference also when I produce bands in my studio. So we wanted to go back to 'The Black Halo' but also include modern elements, which we included since then. You will never hear from a band, Our new record sucks,' but this record is a real killer and brings KAMELOT back on track. It is exactly what I wanted, and I'm really happy with it. I hope the fans will like it as well." KAMELOT guitarist Thomas Youngblood previously stated about Karevik: "We had around 800 candidates for the vacant position, among them a number of really renowned musicians, and having to reject them really wasn't easy." In KAMELOT's search for a new singer, Youngblood found YouTube to be an amazing tool. "I listened to a clip of a studio production featuring Tommy and have to confess that his performance really amazed me," he said. "His approach to melodies and themes suits KAMELOT perfectly, and during our European shows we had plenty of opportunity to find out what a great guy he is." Tommy first appeared as one of the guest singers on KAMELOT's very successful 2011 Pandemonium World Tour. Youngblood on the style and content of the forthcoming KAMELOT concept album: "The new songs sound more symphonic and melodic than our last two studio recordings. The material brings to mind albums such as 'Karma' (2001) and 'The Black Halo' (2005). In addition, this will be the best production that KAMELOT have ever delivered. Because while other acts tend to opt for low-budget productions due to the difficult market situation, we have gone the opposite way: the new album will be a real statement, in terms of our compositions as well as in terms of our sound." KAMELOT will support Finnish/Swedish symphonic metallers NIGHTWISH on a North American tour in September and October. KAMELOT's recently completed North American, South American and European tours featured guest singer Fabio Lione of RHAPSODY OF FIRE following the departure of KAMELOT's longtime frontman, Roy Khan.
- Blabbermouth reports Swedish doom metal kings WITCHCRAFT will release their fourth album, "Legend", on September 21 via the band's new label home, Nuclear Blast Records. The follow-up to 2007's "The Alchemist" was recorded with renowned producer Jens Bogren at Fascination Street Studios (KREATOR, OPETH, AMON AMARTH, PARADISE LOST, KATATONIA) in Örebro, Sweden. The CD marks the recording debut of the band's new members Simon Solomon (guitar), Tom Jondelius (guitar) and Oscar Johansson (drums). Going forward, WITCHCRAFT leader Magnus Pelander will focus on his unique vocals without playing guitar anymore. Commented Pelander: "A friend of mine had an idea about a cover for 'Legend'. I developed the idea and gave it back to my friend who then passed it on to another friend who happened to be a designer. The designer then pushed it in a new direction. The result is already legendary." Added bass player Ola Henriksson: "The album cover is meant to reflect the music and I think it does that with its heavy, dark and clean design." WITCHCRAFT, who formed in 2000 in tribute to band heroes Roky Erickson and Bobby Liebling (PENTAGRAM), create heavy, blues-based rock augmented with touches of psychedelica and late '60s pop flourishes. The quartet's first-class songs reference the darker side of hard rock while remaining surprisingly accessible. Flying largely under the radar of the popular music landscape previously, WITCHCRAFT is a hallowed name in underground circles and has found itself championed by a diverse cross-section of distinguished music adherents including American actor Elijah Wood, who publicly called the band "amazing," and DOWN frontman Philip Anselmo, who in 2009 proudly proclaimed WITCHCRAFT as his "new favorite band." Recorded 100% pro-tools and digital free at Stockholm's UpandRunning studios with producer Tom Hakava and using only vintage amplification, WITCHCRAFT's latest album, "The Alchemist", showcases a group of musicians at ease with their playing and songwriting. Addictive melodies flow simultaneously with catchy, heavy riffs, while maintaining a relaxed and laid back feel throughout. Among its many highlights, the album features the standout songs "Walk Between the Lines" and "Hey Doctor" as well as the record's plat du jour, the three-part progressive rock odyssey of the title track "The Alchemist".
- Blabbermouth reports "New Era", the long-awaited fourth album from Swedish metallers CLOUDSCAPE, will be released in the U.S. on September 11 via Nightmare Records. CLOUDSCAPE is a melodic power metal band with progressive touches from southern Sweden. Fans of both progressive metal, such as EVERGREY, SYMPHONY X, DREAM THEATER, and PAGAN'S MIND, and old-school rock, like AEROSMITH, SCORPIONS, and JOURNEY, are sure to find something enjoyable about CLOUDSCAPE. Since 2004 CLOUDSCAPE has called the prestigious Roastinghouse Studios in Malmö, Sweden their home for all of their albums to date. CLOUDSCAPE continue to progress with each record, breaking new boundaries in their style and continue to mature in their writing and composition. "New Era" is without a doubt the band's crowning accomplishment to date. The record was produced and mixed by Micko Twedberg. Twedberg was assisted on the mixing by Anders "Theo" Theander. The mastering was also handled by Theander. CLOUDSCAPE's compositional ambitions have always bridged progressive metal and straightforward melodic rock/metal, creating music accessible to a wider audience by virtue of its intense melody, but with enough complexity to satiate the ears of casual and serious music enthusiasts. The band's following has continued to grow with performances at highly acclaimed metal festivals, including the prestigious Sweden Rock Festival (Sweden), Bloodstock Open Air (UK), ProgPower Europe (Netherlands), ProgPower Scandinavia (Denmark), and Metal Heart Festival (Norway). Despite a short hiatus to work on side projects and lineup changes, the band's core membership and ambition are as solid as ever. All involved anticipate a "New Era", continuing on CLOUDSCAPE's current success and their promising future. "New Era" track listing.
01. Silver Ending
02. Share Your Energy
03. Kingdom of Sand
04. Pull the Brake
05. Seen It All Before
06. Your Desire
07. Voyager 9
09. Before Your Eyes
10. Violet Eve
11. Into the Unknown
CLOUDSCAPE 2012 is:
Mike Andersson: Lead, Backing Vocals
Stefan Rosqvist: Guitar
Patrik Svärd: Guitar
Håkan Nyander: Bass
Fredrik Joakimsson: Drums
- Blabbermouth reports Ripple Music has announced the signing of acclaimed, hard-hitting American doom rockers DEVIL TO PAY. The band's as-yet-untitled fourth album will be released before the end of the year. Commented DEVIL TO PAY: "We are stoked to be a part of the Ripple family and to work with one of the most genuine heavy rock labels in the world! Having released our first three albums independently, it's clear that these guys don't compromise in terms of putting out creative music and are the true believers of heavy rock. The variety of bands and the sheer quality of music they've released speaks for itself. We are very much honored that our music earned its place among their ranks!" DEVIL TO PAY was formed in the beginning of the millennia as a doom rock band with metal/stoner and rock tangents, effortlessly crushing skulls while simultaneously coaxing them to sing along. The band hails the almighty riff, but unlike many of their contemporaries, the song is still king. That is what separates the great bands from the shoulda-and-coulda bands. Now celebrating their 10th year anniversary, DEVIL TO PAY has aged like Kentucky bourbon, distilling a culmination of years of sweat, highway miles, cigarette smoke and hangovers into crushing compositions and bone-jarring, heavy musical moments. With a catalog of underground releases, DEVIL TO PAY gained accolades, awards and a hard earned cult-like status. They have established themselves as the go-to band for those searching out more than just a few killer riffs; a foundation of heavy that will flourish under the Ripple banner.
- Blabbermouth reports Pulverised Records has announced the signing of American/Swedish doom-laden death metal befoulers SKELETAL SPECTRE. Fronted by frontwoman Vanessa Nocera (WOODEN STAKE, SCAREMAKER), SKELETAL SPECTRE went on to release two full-length albums under the Razorback Records banner, and now with a brand new album entitled "Voodoo Dawn", the band is all geared up to showcase yet another colossal-riff fest done in the most extremely obscene way! Nocera commented: "We are proud and honored to be on Pulverised Records' roster! Definitely a label that I find to be one of the coolest around! We put a great deal of hard work into this album so that it would stand out from anything we've ever done. I think it is a testament to the band's future, and we are looking to play live, especially in Europe, so watch out for us because we're coming!" Pulverised Records A&R Manager Calvin further added: "The moment we heard the beginning riff off the first track from 'Voodoo Dawn', it completely blew us away and somehow we already knew something filthy was brewing inside this album. There was a perfect balance of those trademark Swede-eerie melodies blending together some of the most fucking fat riffs that any sludge/doom maniacs would most certainly approve! It is always very satisfying to discover a great hidden gem in this business, and we are definitely proud to say that SKELETAL SPECTRE is indeed one of those moments. Keep your eyes and ears peeled open, the Voodoo Horror curse shall exhibit its ugly head soon!" The brand new track "Bone Dust", taken off "Voodoo Dawn", can be streamed below. SKELETAL SPECTRE is:
Vanessa Nocera - Vocals
Behold the Pentagram - Guitar / Bass
Haunting the Beyond - Drums
- Blabbermouth reports I AM WAR, the new Orange County, California-based act featuring Alex Varkatzas (vocals; ATREYU) and Brandan Schieppati (guitar, vocals; BLEEDING THROUGH), will release its debut album, "Outlive You All", on August 28 via Razor & Tie. The CD was produced by Mick Kenney (ANAAL NATHRAKH). "Outlive You All" track listing:
01. Don't Worship Assholes
02. Uninvite Me To Your Facebook Party
03. The Poisoning
04. Plug Me In
05. Bat Out of Hell
06. Hunting Me
07. Chipped Shoulders And Heart Attacks
08. Don't Know Anything
09. A Nightmare
10. Lead By Liars
11. My Love Affair With Disaster
12. Nihilistic Motivation
13. Feel The Same
The track "Don't Worship Assholes" can now be streamed using the SoundCloud player below. I AM WAR released a limited-edition seven-inch vinyl single featuring the songs "Bat Out Of Hell" (off their forthcoming album) and "Call Me Slugger" (vinyl exclusive). A limited number of the vinyl has been pressed in both white and hot pink, with 225 only available of each color. The song "Bat Out Of Hell" is now available for streaming at AltPress.com. Varkatzas previously stated that I AM WAR's album would be "filled with super-aggressive, heavy, energetic metallic, raw, punky hardcore. The kind of music that boils your blood and inspires you to get up and move."
- Blabbermouth reports U.K.-based modern thrash heroes SYLOSIS recently completed work on their new album, "Monolith", with Romesh Dodangoda at Monnow Valley Studio in Wales. The CD will be released on October 5 via Nuclear Blast Records. The cover artwork was created by Dan Goldsworthy and can be seen below. "Monolith" track listing:
01. Out From Below
02. Fear The World
03. What Dwells Within
04. Behind The Sun
05. The River
08. A Dying Vine
09. All Is Not Well
10. Born Anew
Commented SYLOSIS vocalist and guitarist Josh Middleton: "We're beyond pleased with the artwork for 'Monolith'. It needed to be something to accentuate the dark, gloomy vibe of the album without going for anything too cliché or stereotypically metal. "We listen to a lot of '70s progressive music and with the Art Nouveau style was quite popular at that time. "At this point, we don't want to reveal too much about the concept but one of the figures on the cover loosely represents the devil in disguise or a satyr. Some of the inspiration behind the concept came from Greek mythology. "Working with Dan again was awesome. He's very patient, eager to please and can very quickly tap into what we're trying to put across. "We always like to pay as much attention to the artwork as possible and it's never been an afterthought for us. It's about creating a complete piece of work so the music and the packaging really go hand in hand." Added Goldsworthy: "Visually, the cover artwork for 'Monolith' has taken notable inspiration from the Art Nouveau movement. Diverting from the usual flowery aesthetic of the style, 'Monolith' has a significantly darker vein running thoughout, as fitting with the sonic nihilism of SYLOSIS' music. As far as the concept goes, it is merely my interpretation of the band's vision. Much like their previous album, 'Edge Of The Earth', the artwork is completely related to certain themes running throughout the songs, so if you wish to extract any deeper meaning, I would recommend studying the lyrics as well. "Josh and I kept a very close working relationship throughout the entire design process, such was the importance of having the artwork represent his lyrics and the story they tell. However, the cover art and illustrations throughout the packaging are only small snapshots of the bigger picture so open the booklet, press play and enjoy the journey." Middleton recently stated about "Monolith": "'Monolith' is the best representation of us as a band in terms of our diverse influences and stylistically it's what we've always been aiming for. A mixture of thrash, big doomy riffs and dark atmospherics and ambience. "Overall, 'Monolith' has a darker vibe to anything we've done in the past, both lyrically and musically. It's a concept album which is just something I like to help guide me writing the lyrics. I like the fact that I can write about personal issues but dress them up in a way that people might not know exactly how they relate to me (if at all in some instances). "The idea for the concept was very loosely inspired by the Greek tale of Orpheus and Eurydice. It's quite far fetched but it's about this guy who loses his wife and tries to bring her back from underworld. This giant monolith starts to grow out of her tomb. The most prevalent theme beneath it all is sort of accepting that you might not be as nice a person as you once thought. It sounds really cheesy but everyone has a darker side to their personality in terms of being selfish, manipulative or dishonest. "A lot of metal lyrics are always 'you're this, you're that, you suck' and in a lot of cases it's probably really hypocritical. Some of the lyrics on this album are about owning up to those flaws and almost reveling in it. "Some parts of the album is us covering new ground but everything that people have come to love about our band is still present. It's not necessarily a change in direction or something we're moving more towards, it was just about making a unique vibe for this album as a whole. There's a real urgency to a lot of this material and the really natural and honest production helps mirror that. We really wanted more of a 'live session' feel. Both Romesh and Jens [Bogren; mastering] have done a great job in giving this album a unique sound. Too many bands these days rely on technology and it can just suck all the life and personality out of the music."
- Blabbermouth reports Candlelight Records has revealed the artwork and track listing for VISION OF DISORDER's new album, "The Cursed Remain Cursed". Set for release on September 18 (one day earlier in Europe), it is the first new album from the New York-based hardcore band in over ten years. A working collaboration between VISION OF DISORDER, producer Will Putney (SHADOWS FALL, SUICIDE SILENCE), and mixer Cameron Webb (MOTÖRHEAD, SOCIAL DISTORTION), "The Cursed Remains Cursed" is eagerly anticipated, with the album's lead single, "Loveless", already Top 20 on CMJ's Loud Rock Album chart. Several artists were considered for "The Cursed Remain Cursed"; the band looking for images that would reflect the near four years of intense work that comprised the making of the album. It was the vision of East Anglia-based illustrator Tom Bates that struck the right chord with the band in making the final selection. Guitarist Mike Kennedy says, "Some of the best album covers, like SOUNDGARDEN's 'Badmotorfinger' and FAITH NO MORE's 'Angel Dust', say everything and nothing at the same time. We felt like Tom's art really impacted us profoundly in that way. None of us were thinking in that direction yet as soon as we saw it, the band unanimously wanted it on the cover." Lyrical inspiration for "The Cursed Remain Cursed", as detailed by vocalist Tim Williams, came from a personal place. "There was a lot going on in my life at the time we began writing songs for the record and I had a lot to reflect upon," he reveals. "Looking back over the past few years, I have had to make some difficult decisions. There were things that needed to change. Some things die quietly, while other things take years to pass.. Your life is what you make of it, to live is to learn." He adds, "Some songs came very easy, like 'Skullz Out'. Songs like 'Loveless' and 'Set To Fail' took a little bit more effort because they were already saying something musically, so I had to work extra hard to push the vocal over the top." With creative detail now complete, the band is preparing for the album's early autumn release and upcoming live appearances. Reflecting the extensive process, guitarist Matt Baumbach says, "In my opinion 'The Cursed Remain Cursed' is our band's finest achievement. We are proud to have written something that represents the next level of V.O.D. It is never easy to make one of our records; it's long, arduous, and at times maniacal. This record bleeds from the band's heart and it survived hell and back to get here. Roll the dice one more time because we are all in with this one." Kennedy adds, "We feel we accomplished a very unique, vicious and exciting record without compromising the V.O.D. brand of hardcore." "The Cursed Remain Cursed" track listing:
02. Set to Fail
03. Blood Red Sun
04. Hard Times
06. Skullz Out (Rot In Pieces)
07. The Enemy
08. The Seventh Circle
09. New Order of Ages
10. Be Up On It
11. Heart And Soul
VISION OF DISORDER's current lineup includes singer Tim Williams, guitarists Matt Baumbach and Mike Kennedy, Fleischmann and drummer Brendon Cohen. The band's last studio album, "From Bliss to Devastation", came out in 2001 via TVT Records. VISION OF DISORDER toured with some of metal's biggest names during the late 1990s — including PANTERA, BLACK SABBATH, TYPE O NEGATIVE, ANTHRAX and BAD BRAINS — before calling it quits in 2001, and then reuniting in 2008.
- Blabbermouth reports EYEHATEGOD frontman Mike Williams (pictured below) is one of a number of musicians who have come out in support of LAMB OF GOD frontman Randy Blythe, who is facing manslaughter charges in the Czech Republic. Blythe, 41, is accused of causing the fatal injury that occurred at LAMB OF GOD's May 24, 2010 show in Prague. The singer allegedly either pushed or struck a 19-year-old fan named Daniel N. — a guitarist in a local metal band — and that person died almost a month later of bleeding in the brain. Randy has been charged with causing "bodily harm of the fourth degree, resulting in the death of a fan" and faces up to 10 years in prison if convicted. Speaking to Jo Schüftan of Horns Up Rocks! (hear audio below), Williams said, "Randy is an old friend of mine, man. I knew Randy when he was this stupid punk kid coming to see EYEHATEGOD and begging me if he could get up on stage and sing with me. We used to let him sing. We had an instrumental we used to have called 'Godsong' and we used to bring Randy up on stage to sing it, just 'cause he was always hanging around, every time we'd play Richmond, Virginia. So I've been knowing Randy forever; we used to stay at his house every time we'd go through Richmond. He's an old friend. It sucks to see what's going on here. I mean, I don't know what the situation is exactly, but from what I hear, he really hasn't done anything; I think he's just being made an example out of — it's what it seems. Like I said, I don't know what's going on. I know their government is different over there, their laws are different. It's a foreign country and it sucks to be stuck over there, for him. Hopefully he'll get out soon if they can work it out and everybody will be happy and this won't go on for much longer. So, yeah, I wish him luck, man, for sure."
- Blabbermouth reports Italian folk/power metallers ELVENKING will release their new album, "Era", on September 14 via AFM Records. The CD was recorded at Sonic Pump Studios in Helsinki, Finland with producer Nino Laurenne (AMORPHIS, LORDI, SONATA ARCTICA, APOCALYPTICA). Nino previously worked with the band on "The Winter Wake" and "The Scythe" CDs. "Era" features guest appearances by Jon Oliva (SAVATAGE, JON OLIVA'S PAIN), Teemu Mäntysaari (WINTERSUN), Maurizio Cardullo (FOLKSTONE), Alessandro Conti (RHAPSODY, TRICK OR TREAT), Marco Sandron (EDEN'S CURSE, PATHOSRAY) and Giordana Gisamano (INSANITY FAIR). "Era" track listing:
01. The Loser
02. I Am The Monster
03. Midnight Skies, Winter Sighs
04. A Song For The People
06. Through Wolf's Eyes
07. Walking Dead
09. Poor Little Baroness
10. The Time Of Your Life
11. Chronicle Of A Frozen Era
ELVENKING's most recent album, "Red Silent Tides", was released on September 17, 2010 in Europe (November 9, 2010 in North America) via AFM Records.
- Blabbermouth reports Cherry Lane Music has set an October 1 release date for the official, "Zakk Wylde Anthology" note-for-note guitar tab book. This folio features 23 note-for-note transcriptions of Zakk's playing from his long career and will soon be available for pre-order from MusicDispatch.com.
* Between Heaven And Hell
* Bleed For Me
* The Blessed Hellride
* Bored To Tears
* Concrete Jungle
* Darkest Days (unplugged version)
* Fire It Up
* The First Noel
* Funeral Bell
* Hell Is High
* I Don't Want To Change The World
* In This River
* Lords Of Destruction
* Losin' Your Mind
* Mama, I'm Coming Home
* Miracle Man
* No More Tears
* Sold My Soul
* Stronger Than Death
* Suicide Messiah
BLACK LABEL SOCIETY's "The Song Remains Not The Same" sold around 12,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release to land at position No. 41 on The Billboard 200 chart. Released on May 10, 2011 via Entertainment One Music, the offering features unplugged versions of material from BLACK LABEL SOCIETY's latest album, "Order Of The Black", as well as additional material recorded during the "Order Of The Black" sessions. "The Song Remains Not The Same" was conceived, created and compiled by BLS mainman Zakk Wylde himself and the title is, of course, a nod to one of Wylde's favorite bands, LED ZEPPELIN. "Order Of The Black" was released in North America in August 2010 via E1 Music. The CD featured four unique covers designed by Zakk Wylde himself — one for each territory: North America, Europe, Asia and Australia/New Zealand.
- Blabbermouth reports having spent the last couple years on the independent grind, Phoenix-based rock group EYES SET TO KILL has decided to return to the indie label fold and have inked a deal with Century Media Records. Frontwoman Alexia Rodriguez explains, "For the past two years, we have been touring around the world and evolving into the band we are today without the support of a label. We are finally happy to announce that we've found a home and family at Century Media and can't wait for what is to come." EYES SET TO KILL has been prominently featured in a number of publications, with inclusions on numerous "bands to know" lists and is a favorite in Revolver magazine's annual "Hottest Chicks In Hard Rock And Metal" issue. With critical acclaim and three previous releases landing on the Billboard charts, listeners will undoubtedly have lofty expectations for the upcoming EYES SET TO KILL album, set to be released in the spring of 2013. "Century Media has been a fan of EYES SET TO KILL for years," states North America label president Don Robertson, "so we're honored that when the band finally decided to return to the label system that they chose to work with us." To celebrate the new partnership, EYES SET TO KILL will take part in a signing party this Friday, July 20 at Angels And Kings in Hollywood, California. With numerous tours under their belt, including runs with everyone from ROB ZOMBIE to D.R.U.G.S., EYES SET TO KILL will head out on their own month-long, headlining run this August on the "Show Your True Colors Tour". "We've been touring Europe and writing a lot this year, so we are excited to announce our headliner in our home, the U.S. this summer," says Alexia. "We will be playing new songs on the 'Show Your True Colors Tour' and can't wait to see how the fans will react to the new EYES SET TO KILL."
- Blabbermouth reports Los Angeles-based metallers HOLY GRAIL have finished recording their sophomore album, "Ride The Void", for a late fall release via Prosthetic Records. The follow-up to 2010's "Crisis In Utopia" was recorded with producer Matt Hyde (SLAYER, HATEBREED, CHILDREN OF BODOM) throughout the year, working around national tours with DRAGONFORCE and VALIENT THORR. To celebrate the new album's completion, HOLY GRAIL will support Sebastian Bach on August 2 at Club Nokia in Los Angeles. Commented HOLY GRAIL vocalist James Paul Luna: "Album finished! You don't know how good those words feel! Day after day and month after month, we've been listening back, tweaking and fine-tuning this wretched beast of an album we call 'Ride The Void'. Finally, after many hours in the cave, we can gladly say it's done. "To top it all off, I woke up to an e-mail saying we're opening for Sebastian Bach! WTF?! Sebastian is one of those rare dudes that was glam yet still kept it gritty and tough and that's what I'm all about. I think it's the Canadian in him that keeps him raw. Needless to say, we are thrilled to support a legendary voice such as his. "And did I already mention the album is finished? Damn, still can't get over that!" HOLY GRAIL spent much of the past two years on the road, performing alongside AMON AMARTH, BLIND GUARDIAN, EXODUS, TOXIC HOLOCAUST, 3 INCHES OF BLOOD and more, supporting "Crisis In Utopia", which Revolver named one of the Top 20 metal releases of 2010.
- Blabbermouth reports legendary rocker Alice Cooper visited with Fox Sports Detroit announcers Mario Impemba and Rod Allen during Tuesday night's Detroit Tigers game at Comerica Park. Alice spoke about growing up playing baseball in Detroit, seeing Kirk Gibson frequently in Arizona and there is even video of Alice's ceremonial first pitch. Tigers infielder Danny Worth tweeted yesterday: "I signed a ball and gave it to Alice Cooper yesterday. #bizarroworld He had natural cut movement to his fastball. #signhimup." Check out the video below.
- Blabbermouth reports DEVILDRIVER guitarists Jeff Kendrick and Mike Spreitzer recently spoke to Forbes.com about their web site property All Axess, whcih is shaping up to become a premier online guitar community, a hub for guitar "geeks" and a destination site for fans interested in gaining an all-access pass to their favorite riff peddlers. "The web site was created out of artistic love of the guitar," said Kendrick. "But it was also created out of necessity. It's a different type of offering. It's also a view of the music business from people who are currently living it." "We're giving users access to tools and writing skills that maybe they wouldn't have thought of on their own," added Spreitzer. About the music industry as a whole, Spreitzer said, "We live in a post-Napster world. A lot of bands survive these days by touring a lot more than they used to. Touring used to be a way to promote the record to get more record sales. Now it's all about merchandise — wristbands, hats, beanies, necklaces, rings, shoes, stickers; it's like a little portable shop that bands bring with them everywhere." "The record used to be the end-all-be-all. The catalyst of a band's activities," said -Kendrick. "Now music is information and information is all over the Internet." While there are lots of guitar-oriented and guitar-driven sites crowding the digital space, -All Axess was created to fill a specific need in that realm. There are lots of YouTube videos of fans attempting to teach viewers how to play certain songs via webcams; however, upon closer inspection, it's clear that lots of these "lessons" are incorrect. All Axess aims to feature clear, concise, and most importantly correct, guitar lessons from the actual guitarist who wrote the song, demonstrating how to play the song as it was intended. It's like having your favorite guitarist serve as your own personal guitar instructor. Read more about All Axess at Forbes.com.
- Blabbermouth reports "Wall Of Sound", the new single from Greek melodic metallers FIREWIND was certified gold in Sweden by the International Federation Of The Phonographic Industry for sales in excess of 10,000 copies. "Wall Of Sound" was exclusively distributed in Sweden via Sweden Rock Magazine and each copy of the magazine containing the digipak CD — including the album tracks "Wall Of Sound" and "Few Against Many" as well as a previously unreleased demo version of "Wall Of Sound" — was counted towards the certification; the single itself was **not** sold separately. The members of FIREWIND were presented with "Wall Of Sound" gold plaques by Sweden Rock Magazine correspondent Daniela Pilic last night (Wednesday, July 18) during their hometown concert in Thessaloniki, Greece. Video footage of the award presentation can be seen below (courtesy of MetalPaths.com). A live report, including photos, is available at MetalPaths.com. Quality fan-filmed video footage of the entire concert can be found at this location. FIREWIND's new album, "Few Against Many", sold around 1,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release. The CD landed at position No. 28 on the Top New Artist Albums (Heatseekers) chart, which lists the best-selling albums by new and developing artists, defined as those who have never appeared in the Top 100 of The Billboard 200. "Few Against Many" entered the official chart in Greece at No. 42 and in Germany at No. 90. "Few Against Many" was released in Europe on May 21 via Century Media Records and in North America on May 22 through DisManic, Inc. via eOne Distribution. The CD was mixed by Jason Suecof and Eyal Levi at Audiohammer Studios (TRIVIUM, ALL THAT REMAINS, DEATH ANGEL) in Sanford, Florida. Produced by Gus, "Few Against Many" was recorded with his longtime bandmates, vocalist Apollo Papathanasio, keyboardist/guitarist Bob Katsionis and bassist Petros Christo, at Valve Studio in Greece as well as the Sweetspot Studios in Sweden and sees the band expanding on its signature melodic sound with some of its most aggressive songs to date. The CD also marks the recording debut of new FIREWIND drummer Johan Nunez (NIGHTRAGE).
- Blabbermouth reports RIGHTEOUS PIGS, the long-defunct punk/death metal band featuring current NAPALM DEATH guitarist Mitch Harris, will reform for an exclusive U.S. appearance at next year's Maryland Deathfest, set to take place May 23-26, 2013 in Baltimore. Also in the works are several European festival appearances. RIGHTEOUS PIGS' lineup for the upcoming shows will be the same one that recorded the band's second album, "Stress Related" (1990): Harris, vocalist Joe Caper, bassist Stephen Chiatovich and drummer Alan Strong. Harris left RIGHTEOUS PIGS in 1989 after recording two LPs to join NAPALM DEATH.
Maryland Deathfest festival billing is shaping up as follows:
- Blabbermouth reports 3 Frogz Records, in association with Roxx Productions, is excited to announce the first brand new album from Christian thrash metal veterans DELIVERANCE in over five long years! This fall get ready for the band to unleash their long-awaited tenth studio album, aptly entitled "Hear What I Say!" DELIVERANCE 2012 features the founder and main songwriter Jimmy P. Brown II out front on vocals and lead guitar as well as the return of Michael Phillips (DELIVERANCE, THE SACRIFICED, JOIN THE DEAD) shredding once again on lead guitar. On bass making his long overdue return to the DELIVERANCE fold, none other than Manny Morales! And this time around pounding the drums is Jayson Sherlock (MORTIFICATION, HORDE, PARAMECIUM). Helping shape the early thrash and speed metal scene of the late '80s and early '90s, DELIVERANCE was one of the premiere bands to stand out and break away from the pack. Signed to Intense Records in the early stages of its career and with its video "Weapons Of Our Warfare" a staple on MTV's "Headbangers Ball", DELIVERANCE was at the forefront of all things speed metal. This Sunday, July 22, get ready for the world premiere of "The Annals of Subterfuge", the first track off DELIRANCE's upcoming album, "Hear What I Say!" Join Michael Phillips this Sunday on ‘Beyond The Riff" as he talks about all things DELIVERANCE, as well as his new band and album JOIN THE DEAD and his recent role and involvement with progressive metallers THE SACRIFICED. Tune in from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. PST to hear what Michael has to say and to catch the world premiere of the brand new DELIVERANCE track.
- Blabbermouth reports Goregrind roadhounds EXHUMED will bring their hymns of repugnance to the live arena again on this year's edition of the Summer Slaughter tour, set to commence tomorrow at the House Of Blues in Los Angeles. This run will mark the return of former bassist Bud Burke, who will take the place of Wes Caley on guitar. Comments EXHUMED frontman Matt Harvey: "We're psyched to welcome Bud Burke back in the ranks of EXHUMED, this time on lead guitar. For those of you who knew him as our bassist (from '99 - '04), you will be pleasantly surprised when he melts your face onstage with the band for the Summer Slaughter tour. Rob [Babcock], Mike [Hamilton] and I are all excited to have someone with killer chops and a deep history with the band on board. We look forward to coming to your town, drinking all your beer and then making fun of your record collection as usual! "After the Canadian Ritual tour with THE BLACK DAHLIA MURDER, we made the decision to part ways with guitarist Wes Caley, and Bud was the perfect person to step in on lead guitar. I know Wes' new project, DOWNFALL, is currently in the works and will be awesome and we wish him the best. In the meantime, we'll see all your drooling, sweaty faces on the road!" EXHUMED is continuing to tour in support of its latest album, "All Guts, No Glory", which sold around 900 copies in the United States in its first week of release. The CD debuted at No. 32 on the Top New Artist Albums (Heatseekers) chart, which lists the best-selling albums by new and developing artists, defined as those who have never appeared in the Top 100 of The Billboard 200. "All Guts, No Glory" was released on July 5, 2011 via Relapse Records. The follow-up to 2003's "Anatomy Is Destiny" was recorded at Arcane Digital Recordings in Arizona with engineer Ryan Butler (MISERY INDEX) and at Trench Studios with John Haddad (ABYSMAL DAWN, INTRONAUT). It was mixed and mastered at Mana Recording Studios by Brian Elliott (GRAVES OF VALOR). The album was also made available on deluxe, saw-blade shaped vinyl and as a limited-edition two-disc set.
- Blabbermouth reports Canadian metallers THREAT SIGNAL have issued the following update: "Get stoked for a more progressive side of THREAT SIGNAL! We just finished demoing a song that clocks in at about eight minutes! The only way to describe this [forthcoming THREAT SIGNAL] album so far is....epic. We can't wait for you guys to hear this stuff!" THREAT SIGNAL's third, self-titled album, was released last October via Nuclear Blast Records. The CD was recorded at Planet Z studios in Hadley, Massachusetts with producer Chris "Zeuss" Harris (CHIMAIRA, HATEBREED, ALL THAT REMAINS, THE ACACIA STRAIN, BORN OF OSIRIS, SHADOWS FALL).
- Loudwire posts the ten most epic stage dives video mashup
- Loudwire posts the new video "Halo" from Evans Blue
- Loudwire posts a review of the new Baroness album "Yellow & Green"
- Loudwire posts Fear Factory 2012 US Summer tour dates
- Loudwire posts an interview with Jesse Leach of Killswitch Engage on his return to the band, the Tresspass America tour and more
- Ultimate Classic Rock reports David Bowie’s "John, I’m Only Dancing" will get a 40th anniversary picture disc release
- Ultimate Classic Rock reports Paul Simon and Eric Clapton guest on instrumentalist Jerry Douglas’ "Traveler" album
- Ultimate Classic Rock reports Japanese company pays homage to the Rolling Stones’ 50 years with limited edition blended whiskey
- Classic Rock reports Meat Loaf demands $100,000 from his tribute act
- Noisecreep posts a chat with DoubleCrossXX.com site founders Tim McMahon and Brian "Gordo" Jordan
- Noisecreep posts an interview with guitar wizard Michael Angelo Batio
- Noisecreep posts behind the scenes video footage form Saint Diablo's "Watch Me Kill"
- Noisecreep posts a new video from Feel The Real "Come Too Far"
- Spinner posts a profile on Hasidic musician Matisyahu
- Spinner posts this week in music history July 15th - July 21
- Rolling Stone reports Refused Makes TV debut on " Jimmy Fallon". Read more about their New York City gig at Loudwire
- Rolling Stone reports Sonic Youth prepping a slew of archival releases
- Rolling Stone reports Bikini Kill launch record label and prep reissues
- Blabbermouth posts video of Aerosmith bassist Tom Hamilton reporting from the road
- Blabbermouth posts "Blood" stydio footage from In This Moment
- Blabbermouth posts samples of the entire "Dark Roots of Earth" album from Testament
- Blabbermouth posts performance footage from Volbeat with Iced Earth in Colorodo, Iced Earth in Anaheim, Refused on "Late Night With Jimmy Fallon", Huntress at the Tidal Wave Festival nad Doro Pesch at Full Metal Cruise Press Conference
Check out more quick hits at Classic Rock, Noisecreep1 and Noisecreep2
Return to previous page
Send to a friend
MTV's Daily Video