Subscribe to channel
- Foster The People has issued a new music video for the song "Houdini," the latest single from the band's 2011 album Torches. In the clip, the group suddenly dies while actually shooting the video, and a team of special effects experts appear on the scene to help complete the video by manipulating the band members' bodies. They then turn the band members into robots so that they can make their scheduled gig in Los Angeles. "Houdini" follows up the first single from Torches, the massive hit "Pumped Up Kicks." (Audio Ink Radio)
- Bullet For My Valentine frontman Matt Tuck posted on Twitter that he will officially unveil his new side project on Monday (April 30th), writing, "Can't believe it's been such a well-kept secret!!" Tuck added that he is not leaving Bullet For My Valentine and will resume recording his vocals for the band's fourth album on May 7th. The new Bullet set is tentatively scheduled to arrive in October. Tuck has said that his side project will be much more "metal" than Bullet For My Valentine's music. (Blabbermouth) Read more at Loudwire
- Staind singer Aaron Lewis has released the official music video for "Endless Summer," the first single from his upcoming full-length solo album The Road. The new CD is out June 26th and follows up Lewis' debut solo EP, Town Line, which entered the Billboard Country Albums chart at Number One and featured the gold-selling single "Country Boy." (Blabbermouth)
- Kiss bassist Gene Simmons claims that Eddie Van Halen tried to join the band in 1982 after it parted ways with original axeman Ace Frehley. Simmons says that Eddie told him, "'I want to join Kiss. I can't take (David Lee) Roth -- he's driving me nuts. We're not getting along. I've got this sound in my head that I want Van Halen to do, and Roth doesn't want to do it, and we're just getting to a point where he's believing his own hype.'" Simmons says he convinced Eddie to stay in Van Halen by telling him, "'You cast too much of a shadow to be the guitar player in Kiss.'" Simmons, who produced some early demos for Van Halen that helped land them their deal, says he has private demos of himself, Eddie and drummer Alex Van Halen playing some Kiss material. (Classic Rock) Read more at Ultimate Classic Rock
CHECK IT OUT: Watch Foster The People's video for "Houdini":
And here is Aaron Lewis' clip for "Endless Summer":
- Paul McCartneyis thanking his Mexican fans by playing a free concert in Mexico City next month. McCartney had already scheduled two live dates in Guadalajara and Mexico City in May and now he is adding a third concert on May 10. The show will be staged at The ZA3calo and will be free of charge. McCartney said, "Thanks to the Mayor and the people of Mexico for making this beautiful site available for our show. Also thanks to the sponsors and promoters who made this possible. We're really excited to play this one-off event - we're ready to rock!"
- Ted Nugent is upset that his performance at Fort Knox on June 23 with REO Speedwagon and Styx is being cancelled. Reportedly, after the base learned of Ted's statements about the president, they decided that he would no longer perform. Nugent expressed his upset. He said, "To think that there's a bureaucrat in the United States Army that would consider the use or abuse of First Amendment rights in determining who is going to perform at an Army base is an insult and defiles the sacrifices of those heroes who fought for the U.S. Constitution, Bill of Rights." Refunds were offered. Read more at Noisecreep
- Blabbermouth reports GODSMACK frontman Sully Erna will take part in a "live performance and autograph session" at Backstage Live in San Antonio, Texas following his band's May 2 co-headlining concert at the Alamodome with STAIND and special guest HALESTORM as part of the "Mass Chaos" tour. Tickets for the afterparty are $5 with your "Mass Chaos" ticket stub. Those 21 and over can get in for $10, while it's $20 for those under 21. For more information, see the poster below. Erna recently finished a short tour to promote the release of "Avalon Live", his upcoming live DVD/Blu-ray that features the singer and an eight-piece band performing songs from his 2010 solo debut, "Avalon". A late spring release for the disc is planned, although an exact arrival date has yet to be confirmed. GODSMACK will unleash its first-ever live album, "Live & Inspired", on May 15 via Universal Republic Records. "Live & Inspired" features fierce and furious live renditions of numerous hits from the Massachusetts rockers' five studio albums as well as bonus tracks of covers that have "inspired" GODSMACK. The four tracks are quite close to the band's collective heart. The band started ripping through local Massachusetts haunts with their renditions of some of these songs, and these recordings bring everything full circle.
- Blabbermouth posts a five-minute video clip in which SLIPKNOT frontman Corey Taylor talks about wearing a mask during the band's live performances can be seen below. "When you put that mask on you go places you would never imagine," Taylor said during his June 2011 appearance at at the Oxford University. "It comes from a spot that's uncomfortable and really dark." He added: "The mask was a way to visualize everything I was feeling in heart and my gut — all that pain I was holding on to. I didn't have the worst childhood but I didn't have the best, and when you grow up like that you have certain limitations invariably stuck inside you. SLIPKNOT was a way to work it out." In a Janaury 2012 interview with ESPN.com, Taylor said, "I refuse to wash my mask during a tour. I can't do it. It's like, I don't want to lose it, you know what I'm saying? And it's gnarly, dude. By the end of a tour cycle, my mask smells like an episode of 'CSI'. It gets bad. My wife won't even let 'em come in the house: 'You put that thing in the garage, in the corner, under boxes. I don't want to see it, smell it — fuck that thing." Taylor has been ambivalent about working on new SLIPKNOT material following the death in May 2010 of the group's bassist, Paul Gray, although percussionist Shawn Crahan and drummer Joey Jordison have been much more confident about the band recording again. SLIPKNOT's last record, "All Hope Is Gone", was released in 2008. The band will headline this summer's Rockstar Energy Drink Mayhem Festivalin the U.S.
- Blabbermouth reports according to Amazon.com, original KISS drummer Peter Criss will publish his memoir, "Makeup To Breakup: My Life In And Out Of Kiss", on October 23 via the Simon & Schuster imprint Scribner. A press release promises, "From sex, drugs, and rock 'n roll to multiple brushes with death, 'Makeup To Breakup' will be Peter Criss' unvarnished and eye-opening life story." The "Makeup To Breakup" cover can be seen below. Criss wrote the 320-page hardcover book with the help of Larry "Ratso" Sloman. When Criss was inducted on January 14 as part of the latest Drum Legend class during the grand finals of Guitar Center's annual Drum-Off at Club Nokia in Los Angeles, California, he told Artisan News about his upcoming book (see video below), "You'll enjoy it. It's about my life. It's not about just… Of course, it's about drugs, sex and rock and roll. But it's about my parents, my growing up, getting through Brooklyn, going through gangs, getting into drugs, getting out of them, getting through cancer. I'm four years free of cancer now, so that's why I've got my pink shoelaces on. I'm doing great." In a press release issued last year, Criss said, "I am so blessed that I am finally going to write my autobiography, and I hope you enjoy the ride. The best of all is I get to share my true feelings of my love for God, family, friends and fame. It's been a wonderful life." While some men feel embarrassed because of "this macho crap," Criss told CNN surviving breast cancer was actually a blessing. He was treated before the tumor could spread and said he was speaking about male breast cancer to raise the profile of this rare disease. Criss, who played drums for KISS and was known as "Catman," offered this advice to men who spot lumps in their breast: "Don't sit around playing Mr. Tough Guy. Don't say 'It's going to go away.' It might not and you might not see life anymore and how beautiful that is." Criss, who is currently working on a new rock album, told Reuters his bout with cancer had affected his songwriting. "My lyrics are not so deep and dismal," he said. One of the tracks on the album, expected next year, is called "Hard Rock Knockers". Read more at Ultimate Classic Rock
- Blabbermouth reports legendary hard rockers DEEP PURPLE have tapped Bob Ezrin (KISS, PINK FLOYD, PETER GABRIEL, ALICE COOPER, KANSAS) to produce their next album, tentatively due in early 2013. PURPLE guitarist Steve Morse tells GlideMagazine.com, "[This next CD is] probably going to be more of an extravaganza. Everybody realizes we're not going to do this forever, so to me it feels like this is a really important album to do well." DEEP PURPLE's 18th studio album, "Rapture of the Deep", was released in November 2005. It was the fourth studio CD from DEEP PURPLE since Steve Morse joined the band in 1994. It was also the second album to feature veteran keyboardist Don Airey. "Rapture of the Deep" was produced by Mike Bradford, who also worked on the band's previous release, 2003's "Bananas". Read more at Ultimate Classic Rock and Classic Rock
- Blabbermouth posts MÖTLEY CRÜE singer Vince Neil appears in the season finale of "Ghost Adventures", the weekly American paranormal television series that first premiered on October 17, 2008 on the Travel Channel. The episode featuring Neil was taped at a Las Vegas hotel and aired on April 27. Neil joined the show's team of paranormal investigators — Zak Bagans, Nick Groff and Aaron Goodwin — to check out The Riviera Hotel, which some say is haunted. Neil told Robin Leach of the Las Vegas Sun, "After what we experienced, I now really believe in this paranormal phenomena. When you watch, you, too, will be scared out of your pants." He added, "We experienced unexplained, first-hand encounters, including scratch marks on one woman's back, cold sensations, voices and knocking. Zak, Nick and Aaron documented the multiple EVPs and unexplained events. But when we went into Room 908, we really had the shocking, overwhelming physical experience of our lives." "Built in 1955, it's one of the oldest hotel and casinos still standing on the Vegas strip," a show synopsis says. "Filled with history, the hotel has had a roster of celebrity clientele and was formerly connected to the Chicago Mafia — needless to say, the hotel has had its share of good times and bad. Perhaps its most well-known guest was Frank Sinatra, who had his own penthouse suite where he often threw lavish parties. As the 'Ghost Adventures' team heads into the hotel to begin their investigation, exploring paranormal occurrences in Sinatra's room and various guest rooms. Attempting to channel Sinatra, they recreate a party in his suite, which delivers some startling results. As Vince and his entourage experience unexplained first-hand encounters — including scratch marks on one woman's back, cold sensations, voices and knocking — Zak, Nick and Aaron document the multiple EVPs and unexplained events. But it's not until Vince and his girlfriend, Rain, head into room No. 908 that Vince encounters an overwhelming physical experience." Read more at Ultimate Classic Rock, Classic Rock, and Noisecreep
Watch Vince's appearance in "Ghost Adventures" in two parts below.
- Blabbermouth reports from the creators of the country's largest touring heavy music festival experience and presented in conjunction with Hal Roseman of Rose Tours comes the first annual Mayhem Festival Cruise, taking place aboard the Carnival Imagination! The maiden voyage of the most crushing cruise on Earth sets sail on Friday, December 7, 2012 from the Port of Miami, Florida and travels to the Bahamas, returning to the mainland on Monday, December 10. Tickets go on sale Thursday, May 3 at 12 p.m. noon EST, with payment plans available. Get them before they're "lost at sea!" Hosted by Jose Mangin of SiriusXM Liquid Metal, Mayhem Festival Cruise will offer fans a chance to experience a blistering 90-minute set from each one of six killer heavy metal bands — LAMB OF GOD, MACHINE HEAD, ANTHRAX, HATEBREED, SUICIDE SILENCE and KINGDOM OF SORROW — as well as additional showcase sets from Century Media, Metal Blade Records, Roadrunner Records and Sumerian Records artists, including GOJIRA, PERIPHERY, BORN OF OSIRIS, BATTLECROSS, OTHERWISE, GIRL ON FIRE, ANTI MORTEM, and GYSPYHAWK. Mayhem veterans JDevil (Jonathan Davis of KORN) and DJ Starscream (Sid of SLIPKNOT) will also perform full DJ sets each night!
There's more to this voyage than heavy metal impaling your eardrums!
* Come hang with Clown (of SLIPKNOT) as he curates his own art show on the cruise, as well as hosts to Fangoria's Video Nasties Film Festival.
"Fangoria is thrilled to be working with the Mayhem Cruise! The mix of heavy metal music and horror films should provide for an epic adventure on the high seas!" says Bekah McKendry of Fangoria Entertainment.
* Laugh along with Rockstar Energy Drink Mayhem Festival's comedian Mayhem Festival Cruise and The Legions Of Skank featuring Luis J. Gomez and Dave Smith, who are set to perform two raunchy and raucous stand-up shows each night!
* Enjoy daily artist panels with stories from the road and music industry tips! Speakers include Rockstar Energy Drink Mayhem Festival co-creators John Reese and Kevin Lyman, amongst other musical icons.
* Check out the Neo-Burlesque dance troupe Iron Fist Velvet Glove Carnal Review. See the diverse and sexy dancers in an edgy underground setting.
Other entertainment on board will include:
* Beacher's Madhouse
* A full casino featuring a three-night poker tournament with artists and fans side by side
* Meet-and-greets, signings, and photo-ops throughout the ship
"The 2012 Mayhem Festival Cruise will be a fun way to bring 'Mayhem' to the high seas," states festival co-creator Kevin Lyman. "It is time to take the 'Mayhem' to the seas," adds festival co-creator John Reese. "There is nothing I would rather do than spend four days and three nights with 2,000 fellow metalheads witnessing 15 of the best heavy bands in the world while gambling, laughing with Big Jay Oakerson, being inspired by Clown of SLIPKNOT and listening to badass DJ sets from Jonathan Davis and Sid." For more information and to book your cabin, visit www.MayhemCruise.com. Read more at Loudwire and Noisecreep
- Blabbermouth reports Winogradsky/Sobel has announced the signing of California rockers WARRANT. The company will be seeking strategic film, TV and commercial placements for the band, and will contribute additional digital marketing strategy, all as part of the company’s approach to artist development. Winogradsky/Sobel is a unique music services company that offers the combined expertise of nationally-recognized attorneys Steve Winogradsky and Ron Sobel, together with the proven track record of a highly-experienced artist development, music publishing/administration, and clearance and licensing team. With years of traditional and New Media legal and business affairs experience, the Winogradsky/Sobel team has represented artists, composers, and production companies for television, film, DVD’s, Internet, video games, and commercial advertising campaigns. Winogradsky/Sobel has also provided consulting and strategic design of emerging business models and social media opportunities. The Winogradsky/Sobel creative team has placed more than 200 songs in recent television, film, and advertising productions, and has developed the artist-driven "Win/So Music Library". In 2009, WARRANT's classic song "Cherry Pie" was featured in a TV commercial for Arby's, a fast-food restaurant chain in the United States and Canada that is a wholly owned subsidiary of Wendy's/Arby's Group, Inc. Watch the commercial below. WARRANT's new album, "Rockaholic", was released in North America on May 17, 2011 via Frontiers Records. At the helm of the CD was mega-producer Keith Olsen (OZZY OSBOURNE, WHITESNAKE, SCORPIONS), with the mixing duties having been handled by Pat Regan (KISS, DEEP PURPLE, TED NUGENT).
- Blabbermouth reports German author Hilmar Bender's official KREATOR biography, "Violent Evolution", is finally being translated into English. The English version will be available next year, says the Mille Militia, the Facebook group whose members are responsible for the translation from German to English. They add, "There is a great demand for an English version, and now, the rest of the world will finally get to read Bender's excellent book. A must for every KREATOR fan!" Originally published in German in March 2011 through UBooks Verlag, "Violent Evolution" "tells the story of three decades of sheer terror and aggression," according to a press release. "[It is] the story of a band that lived all ups and downs a band can experience. An exciting chronicle of one of the most important thrash-metal bands in the world." KREATOR's new album, "Phantom Antichrist", is due on June 1 in Europe and June 5 in North America via Nuclear Blast Records.
- Blabbermouth posts former and current members of KISS, Y&T, JOURNEY and MR. BIG appeared at a Ronnie Montrose tribute concert on Friday, April 27 at The Regency Ballroom in San Francisco, California. The show also included performances by MONTROSE and GAMMA, both of which were founded by Montrose. MONTROSE's lineup for the concert included Sammy Hagar (VAN HALEN, CHICKENFOOT), Denny Carmassi and Bill Church (all of whom were in the band when they recorded their iconic self-titled debut album), with a special guest appearance by Joe Satriani (CHICKENFOOT). GAMMA's lineup consisted of Davey Pattison, Denny Carmassi, Glenn Lesch, Tommy Suczek and Marc Bonilla. In addition, there were performances by members of JOURNEY, MR. BIG and TESLA. A review of the concert can be found at SFGate.com. Fan-filmed video footage is available here. Ronnie Montrose commited suicide on March 3 after a five-year battle with prostate cancer. He was 64 years old. Born in Denver, Colorado, Montrose's first break when he played Van Morrison's classic 1971 album, "Tupelo Honey". He also appeared on recordings by Boz Scaggs and the EDGAR WINTER GROUP (1972's "They Only Come Out At Night") before going solo under the MONTROSE moniker in 1973 (with a very young Sammy Hagar on vocals). The MONTROSE band released two albums, "Montrose" and "Paper Money", before Hagar left to pursue a solo career. Montrose continued to release albums with the MONTROSE band, but focused his attention mostly on his solo career as well as his other band, GAMMA, which released four albums between 1979 and 2000. After being diagnosed with cancer in 2007, Montrose took some time off from playing and performing to focus on his health. Read more at Ultimate Classic Rock Check out Ronnie Montrose’s last message to fans at Classic Rock
- Blabbermouth posts the first in a four-part video series — a journey through SOULFLY's eight-album discography with the band's mainman, Max Cavalera — can be seen below. In the first clip, he tells stories from the making of 1998's "Soulfly" and 2000's "Primitive". SOULFLY's eighth album, "Enslaved", sold 5,900 copies in the United States in its first week of release to debut at position No. 82 on The Billboard 200 chart. The band's previous CD, "Omen", opened with 6,000 units in June 2010 to land at No. 73. SOULFLY's 2008 album, "Conquer", premiered with 8,400 copies to enter the chart at No. 66. This number was in line with the opening tally of the CD's predecessor, "Dark Ages", which shifted a little more than 8,000 copies during its first week of release in October 2005 to debut at No. 155. "Enslaved" was released on March 13 via Roadrunner Records. The CD was recorded at TallCat Studios in Phoenix, Arizona and was produced by Chris "Zeuss" Harris, the seasoned knob twiddler behind some of the most notable bands in metal today, such as SHADOWS FALL, HATEBREED, THE RED CHORD and more. SOULFLY's video for the song "World Scum" was conceptualized by SOULFLY mainman Max Cavalera and director Thomas Mignone (MUDVAYNE, SLIPKNOT, AVENGED SEVENFOLD, MORBID ANGEL) and produced through Mignone's production company Doom Incorporated. Mignone filmed the video in and around Los Angeles. Various scenes depicting humanity's perspectives of some of the world's significant historical — such as the attack on the Russian Czar by nihilists, the mass production of Zyklon B poisons, the Gulag prisons, the assassination of the president, and a final showdown between Jesus and the Anti-christ — are seen and reflected in the song's lyrics. The cinematography is by Peter Leininger; the special EFX makeup is by Maggie Hunter, the production design is by Hanna Dryland, and digital compositing and post-production is by editor/visual EFX artist Christopher Neil. SOULFLY's current lineup features Kinkade, Max and guitar dynamo Marc Rizzo, with STATIC-X's Tony Campos taking up the bass.
- Blabbermouth reports finally reunited again with their original singer Michael Sadler, Canadian rockers SAGA will release the ultimate AOR/progressive rock album, "20/20", worldwide on July 6. Since SAGA's foundation in 1977, the band has toured the globe various times, won many awards and has sold over eight million albums worldwide. Their musical style is defined by prominent guitar riffs, often in harmony with a synthesizer, and complex keyboard arrangements. The title "20/20", first of all, refers to the album being the 20th of SAGA, but in addition, it's a good luck wish to Jim Gilmour, who had to undergo an eye operation during SAGA's latest European tour. 20/20 stands for the perfect eyesight. The album features ten brand new songs, never missing the distinctive sound of SAGA's legendary hits.
"20/20" track listing:
01. Six Feet Under
02. Anywhere You Wanna Go
04. Spin It Again
05. Another Day Out Of Sight
06. One Of These Days
07. Ball And Chain
08. Lost For Words
09. Show And Tell
10. Till The Well Runs Dry
With striking keyboard sounds and Michael Sadler's stunning vocals, the album has all that it takes to become an instant fan favourite as well as a worldwide hit. The opener "Six Feet Under" features a dominant keyboard sound, roaring guitars and a chorus you can't get out of your head. Followed by the catchy, high energy driven "Anywhere You Wanna Go", SAGA clarify that their original trademark sound is still going strong. The emotional ballad "Lost For Words" once again demonstrates Sadler's incredible vocal range. Michael Sadler reflects his return to the band: "One thing that we agreed on was that, if and when I ever were to return, it would have to feel like it was exactly the right thing to do and exactly the right time to do it!" "20/20" will be available on standard CD and special edition, a premium CD+DVD digipak edition. The exclusive DVD follows the studio recordings of "20/20" and gives a great insight behind the scenes of creating and recording a modern classic. Following the new release will be summer and fall dates in Canada, USA, Europe and South America.
- Blabbermouth reports reunited '80s melodic heavy rock band DRIVER — featuring powerhouse vocalist Rob Rock (IMPELLITTERI, JOSHUA, WARRIOR, AVANTASIA, AXEL RUDI PELL) and acclaimed guitarist/producer Roy Z (BRUCE DICKINSON, HALFORD, JUDAS PRIEST, SEBASTIAN BACH, ROB ROCK, TRIBE OF GYPSIES, HELLOWEEN) — has completed work on its new album, "Countdown", to be released later in the year via Metal Heaven in Europe, King Records in Japan and RockZilla in the U.S.
Europe: May 25
U.S.: May 25
Japan: July 25 (with exclusive Japan bonus track)
According to a press release, "Countdown" is a mixture of brand new material and several rescued-from-the-vaults demo gems, which interlock seamlessly for a classic DRIVER-style album, aided by Roy Z's emphasis on vintage production values that harken back to the glory days of early 80's heavy metal ala DIO's "Holy Diver" and OZZY OSBOURNE's "Diary Of A Madman". DRIVER is centered around Rock and Roy and features original drummer Reynold "Butch" Carlson (JAG PANZER, JOEY TAFOLLA, TRIBE AFTER TRIBE), along with seasoned players Ed Roth (GLENN HUGHES, RONNIE MONTROSE, IMPELLITTERI) on keyboards and Aaron Samson (ODIN, GEORGE LYNCH, JOHN 5) on bass. Chiefly recorded and mixed at Roy Z's California-based studio, "Countdown" features additional contributions coming from bassists Ray Burke (LIFE AFTER DEATH, BRUCE DICKINSON) and Daniel Cordova (SHADES OF CRIMSON, VENGEANCE RISING), as well as veteran vocalist Mark Boals (YNGWIE MALMSTEEN, ROYAL HUNT). Mastering duties were again handled by Maor Appelbaum (HALFORD, SEPULTURA, YNGWIE MALMSTEEN).
"Countdown" track listing:
01. Return To The Sky
02. Rising Son
04. Hollywood Shooting Star
05. Thief In The Night
06. Cry Of The Wounded
07. Always On My Mind
08. Feel The Fire
10. Running From The Darkness
11. Babylon (exclusive European bonus track)
The last DRIVER album, "Sons Of Thunder", was released in September 2008 via Metal Heaven. DRIVER issued a widely circulated five-song cassette EP demo in 1990 that garnered the band a dedicated worldwide following as well as attained cult status as one of the most underrated hard rock acts of its time. Since then, Rock and Roy Z have forged ahead to garner long successful careers in the music business. 2008 saw the reunion of the band which resulted in the recordings of the aforementioned CD.
Rob Rock - Vocals
Roy Z - Guitars
Reynold "Butch" Carlson - Drums
Ed Roth - Keyboards
Aaron Samson - Bass
- Blabbermouth posts "Voodoo Doll", a song from KILL DEVIL HILL — the band featuring Vinny Appice (HEAVEN & HELL, BLACK SABBATH, DIO) on drums, Rex Brown (PANTERA, DOWN) on bass, Mark Zavon (RATT, W.A.S.P., 40 CYCLE HUM) on guitar and Jason "Dewey" Bragg (PISSING RAZORS) on vocals — can be streamed below (courtesy of AOL's Noisecreep). The track comes off the group's self-titled debut album, which will be released via SPV/Steamhammer on the following dates:
U.S./Canada: May 22
Germany: May 25
Rest Of Europe: May 28
"Kill Devil Hill" was originally due on March 27 but had its release date pushed back so that the band could record another track at the last minute. The group explained, "It was decided that a song that was to be a bonus track might be released as a single, so in order to include that song on the CD we needed an additional track to include as a bonus in its place." "Kill Devil Hill" was produced by Warren Riker, who is best known for his work with DOWN, CORROSION OF CONFORMITY, SUBLIME and CATHEDRAL. The effort will be available in a standard CD edition, as an iTunes digital download, and double gatefold LP. Read more at Noisecreep
"Voodoo Doll" audio stream:
- Blabbermouth reports Metal Blade Records has set a June 5 release date (one day earlier internationally) for the reissue of FATES WARNING's classic 1994 album "Inside Out". This re-release comes as a double CD plus bonus-DVD. It contains the classic original album as well as live tracks from a German show FATES WARNING played in Düsseldorf in 1995 and unreleased demo takes. The bonus-DVD contains an assortment of live clips, from 1993-1995.
- Blabbermouth reports Yesterworlds", a collection of early DARK TRANQUILLITY recordings gathered from the legendary "Trail Of Life" demo, the highly sought-after "A Moonclad Reflection" seven-inch single and songs from the long-out-of-print W.A.R. compilation as well as other unreleased gems, has just been released via Floga Records.
* 350gsm gatefold cover
* High glossy lamination with full-colored 220gsm (carton) printed inner sleeve with UV lacquer
* 12-page booklet in 7" size
* 400 x Yello/Blue
DARK TRANQUILLITY recently re-signed with Century Media Records. The influential band from Gothenburg released its first album on Century Media in 1999, and has since issued six full-length CDs, two DVDs and a handful of special releases. DARK TRANQUILLITY's ninth album, "We Are The Void", sold around 2,100 copies in the United States in its first week of release. The CD landed at position No. 15 on the Top New Artist Albums (Heatseekers) chart, which lists the best-selling albums by new and developing artists, defined as those who have never appeared in the Top 100 of The Billboard 200. "We Are The Void" was released in North America on March 9, 2010 via Century Media Records. The LP was made available in Europe as a CD, digital download and strictly limited-edition die-cut digipak featuring two bonus songs ("Stars Of Nothingness" and "To Where Fires Cannot Feed") and a bonus DVD.
- Blabbermouth posts RIVAL SONS' brand new music video for the track "Face Of Light" can be viewed below. The clip sees a softer side of RIVAL SONS as they go through the beautiful scenery of the Peak District in the English countryside. The video was filmed with director Dan Ruttley during the band's recent sold-out UK tour with BLACK STONE CHERRY. Commented RIVAL SONS frontman Jay Buchanan: "I am happy to say that our record 'Pressure & Time' is about to give us our third single with the song 'Face Of Light'. This is a very special song to us and I am delighted to put out a single with a positive message that can still break a tooth. Three singles from one record; I am so thankful for the support we've been shown. This will more than likely be our last single from the 'Pressure & Time' record, so it's a fitting farewell to an unforgettable year with a song so personally close to the vest for me." RIVAL SONS recently entered the studio to record its new album, due later this year via Earache Records. The CD was laid down at Honey Pye Studios in Nashville, Tennessee with Grammy-nominated producer Dave Cobb, who has worked on all three previous releases from the band, and Grammy-winning engineer Vance Powell. RIVAL SONS' latest album, "Pressure And Time", is out now worldwide on CD and limited-edition audiophile vinyl, as well as on iTunes with two exclusive bonus tracks. RIVAL SONS was nominated for two Classic Rock awards, in the categories of "Best New Band" and "Best Album".
- Blabbermouth reports guitarist Ryan Huthnance of Australian thrash metal veterans MORTAL SIN has released the following statement: "It's time the rumours were laid to rest. Yes, MORTAL SIN is finished. Due to changing personal circumstances, as well as priorities, Luke [Cook, drums] and Nathan [Shea, guitar] have both decided that their time with the band is at an end. This decision was not made lightly, and was not a result of the actions and words made by other parties who would lead you to believe it was. The truth is, without passion, conviction, and love for the music you play, being in a band means nothing.
- Blabbermouth posts teaser for "White Skies", the new video from Portuguese gothic metallers MOONSPELL, can be seen below. The full clip will make its online debut on May 11. "White Skies" comes off MOONSPELL's new album, "Alpha Noir", which was released on April 27 via the band's new label home, Napalm Records. The cover artwork for the CD — an intricate, marvellous and symbolic creation by Seth Siro Anton, the Greek artist who collaborated with the band on "Night Eternal" — can be seen below. Also available is a preview image of the strictly limited edition "Alpha Noir" deluxe box set containing the limited-edition double album mediabook, including two album covers, and "Alpha Noir"'s counterpart "Omega White" and an exclusive MOONSPELL logo pendant.
"Alpha Noir" deluxe box set track listing:
01. Axis Mundi
04. Alpha Noir
05. En Nome Do Medo
06. Opera Carne
07. Love is Blasphemy
08. Grand Stand
09. Sine Missione
01. White Omega
02. White Skies
04. New Tears Eve
08. A Greater Darkness
MOONSPELL's last video, "Lickanthrope", can be seen below. The clip was directed by Filipe Melo, who worked with the band on the "I Will See You In My Dreams" video ten years ago. The shoot took place in Nandufe, Tondela, in the central region of Portugal.
"White Skies" teaser:
- Blabbermouth reports Michigan's unstoppable sons of molten melodic death metal THE BLACK DAHLIA MURDER have officially announced the addition of bassist Max Lavelle (BURN IN SILENCE, GORATORY, DESPISED ICON) to the group's ranks. Commented singer Trevor Strnad: "Well, kids, enough with all the secrets… it's about time we in THE BLACK DAHLIA MURDER clue you fans in and tell all about our recent hush-hush bassist situation… "I'm sure some of you who have seen us on tour in the last months have grown curious as to who this mystery man bass extraordinaire could be and have wondered what longtime bassist Ryan 'Bart' Williams could be up to. "After months of tip-toeing around it, we've decided to break the silence and let you guys know the truth. "After six long, grueling years of relentless back-to-back touring, Ryan Williams has decided to step down from his full-time position in THE BLACK DAHLIA MURDER to pursue a career in recording. Although the remaining members are indeed saddened by his decision, the good news is that Ryan will still be involved in the band in many ways, from continued contributions of songwriting (Ryan wrote those sick Robocop riffs in 'Malenchantments Of The Necrosphere', amongst several others, mind you) to overseeing and co-producing future THE BLACK DAHLIA MURDER recordings.
- Blabbermouth posts the season finale of "Adults Only", the web series that features former SKID ROW singer Sebastian Bach as an adult video store clerk named Shifty, premiered on Wednesday, April 25 and can now be seen below. People can watch the web series via YouTube, and can learn more about the show and Sebastian's involvement at this location. "Adults Only" is about a former Olympic gold medalist, who, after falling on hard times, is forced to accept a job managing his brother-in-law's adult video/novelty store. Series description: "After winning a pair of gold medals at the 1988 Olympics, gymnast Chance Rioux became America's Sweetheart, but times change and even the shiniest of medals eventually give way to rust. Now America's Forgotten, Chance must accept a job managing his brother-in-law's adult video/novelty store in order to make ends meet, all while trying to conceal his identity from the public, particularly a new love interest who serves as the trigger in his reinvention of self."
- Blabbermouth posts SLAYER/PHILM drummer Dave Lombardo came to Guitar Center in Hollywood, California to show off his new Ludwig Vistalite Kit and give his some insight for young and aspiring drummers. Check out interview footage below. Lombardo is a Cuban-American heavy metal drummer best known for his work with American thrash metal band SLAYER. Lombardo's music career has spanned more than 30 years, during which he has been involved in the production of more than 30 commercial recordings spanning a number of major genres with bands such as GRIP INC., FANTÔMAS, and TESTAMENT in addition to SLAYER. Lombardo's musical interest was sparked by playing along to a SANTANA record with bongo drums and was later influenced by the musical styles of LED ZEPPELIN and KISS. Lombardo is known as an aggressive heavy metal drummer and his use of the drums have been called "astonishingly innovative" and earned him the title "the godfather of metal double bass" from Drummer World. Over his career, he has had a significant influence on the metal scene, and has inspired many modern metal drummers.
- Blabbermouth reports the ferocious debut— "Sold My Soul" — from Laura Wilde, the 22-year-old hard rock import from Down Under (Melbourne, Australia, to be exact) was enough to land her on the upcoming TED NUGENT tour. Wilde is exactly that. She's a hard-charging take-no-prisoners balls-to-the-wall rocker who wrote it all, sang it all, played lead guitar, bass guitar and drums on this, her gritty, powerful debut. Totally fearless, citing such influences as Jimi Hendrix, Jimmy Page, Joan Jett, and Dave Grohl, Wilde intends to knock out crowds on her leg of the upcoming tour. "It's truly an honor to be invited to tour the USA and I feel so privileged to be selected by such an established rocker, exclaims Wilde. "I promise to crank it up to 11 and shake the foundations before Ted brings the house down." Playing her signature Flying V electric guitar (created specifically for her), Wilde writes the kind of songs that dig down deep into the essence of what makes rock'n'roll so timeless. Her music is bred of the pure mono-maniacal aesthetic that fueled all the greats from Chuck Berry on. "I am really proud to finally present my debut album, 'Sold My Soul'. It is mostly an expression of the thoughts and feelings I experienced in my late teens. This album is almost an emotional journal touching on my dreams, wishes, lost loves and the adventure of growing up. It is an introduction to the body of work that I am really excited to share with my fans over time, a taste of things to come." On stage, Wilde boils with raw, passionate energy, with all the fire and brimstone of an artist who has truly sold her soul to the music. "If you have the spirit of rock'n'roll pumping through your veins," she says, "resistance is futile. You have no choice but to succumb to its power. It makes you crazy, it gives you the courage to do things you would never dream of doing. Rock 'n' roll is heaven and hell combined, but it's what I love and I'll fight for it to the end." Laura Wilde, at 16, was playing bass professionally. Her bottomless capacity for guitar knowledge manifested itself at 17 during a well-timed job at an instrument store. She suffered through one year of college to please her parents ("I found the environment to be too suppressive and conservative," she says). At 18, her amazing chops landed her in recording studios as both a bassist and a guitarist for a plethora of major names. Her looks certainly didn't hurt as she wound up as a fixture on television ("Australia's Got Talent", as a presenter and part of the house band). Still, all she wanted to do was rock. Now, with the release of "Sold My Soul", a video of the title-track single, and a series of dates with TED NUGENT, America will get to see what Australia already knows. Laura Wilde is the real deal. She will rock your socks off.
- Classic Rock reports Dee Snider can still rock...he just doesn't want to.
- Ultimate Classic Rock posts an interview with Gregg Allman how drugs and money led to the breakup of The Allman Bros.
- Loudwire posts an interview with Burton C. Bell of Fear Factory about the new album.
- Loudwire reports Linkin Park will play a charity event in Los Angeles.
- Loudwire reports new Pearl Jam album likely to be releases in 2013 says Mike McReady.
- Rolling Stone reports Queen is gearing up for tribute tour extravaganza.
- Blabbermouth posts interviews with SLASH, KREATOR, VINNY APPICE, EPICA, GWAR, UNLEASHED, TURISAS, UNISONIC, OVERKILL, MOONSPELL, DRAGONFORCE and BEHEMOTH
- Blabbermouth posts performance footage of OPETH in San Antonio
Read more quick bits at Classic Rock and Noisecreep
Return to previous page
Send to a friend
MTV's Daily Video
Eye Of Provide..
Eye Of Provide..