It's almost here! Preston & Steve's Cardboard Classic 2013 presented by Coors Light
Friday, March 1st at Jack Frost Mountain in the Poconos. If you are skiing that day, a limited number of $9.33 lift tickets are available to purchase for MMR VIP's Only. Log-in Backstage for details.
**Lift Tickets Purchased thru the Pre-Sale will be held at the mountain for pick-up. Bring your Order Confirmation. Lift Tickets will NOT be sent to you and are non-refundable – the party continues rain or shine**
Our Cardboard Classic is your shot at home made cardboard glory! And for those not riding, just a great time and a heck of a spectacle to view! So, come out and cheer on your favorite sleds.
If you want to ride - you MUST apply.
Here's what you need to know about building a sled:
- Your application is due by Friday, Feb 22nd
- All Riders MUST be at least 18 years or older to ride the sled
- Building Material: Cardboard, Tape, String and Glue (paint and other decorative materials are ok. Things like fireworks, firecrackers, are NOT permitted)
- Sled Width Restriction: 7 Feet (no exceptions, sorry)
- Weight: no restriction, BUT, only YOUR Team Members are permitted to push it to the top of the Tubing Hill
- Height and Length: no restriction, but keep the width restriction in mind.
- One Run down the hill per sled
- Riders are only permitted on the ground level of their sled. Riders are NOT permitted on upper levels of sleds with multiple levels. Your sled will be disqualified from prizing, should you break this rule.
- One Sled Entry per Team (no one person can ride more than once)
- No Overnight Camping. Gates/Parking opens at 6:30am.
- NOW go ahead and APPLY HERE. (Only 200 applications accepted for Design, 25 for fastest).
Once you apply, look for an email confirmation from us confirming your design plans. Thank you for your patience as we review applications. Scroll down for the SLED DROP OFF MAP.
Four Categories to participate:
BEST DESIGN: 1st place: $1,000
BEST DESIGN: 2nd place: $500
BEST DESIGN: 3rd place: $250
BEST COORS LIGHT SLED: Coors Light for a year (that's 12 cases)
BEST HARLEY SLED: $500 from Classic Harley in Leesport, PA
FASTEST SLED: $500 from Cheerleader's Gentleman's Club
PLEASE NOTE: Outside alcohol is not permitted in the Tubing Area. Security will remove anyone acting inappropriately (attempting to bring in alcohol, throwing snow balls, and other un-cool acts)
Sled Drop Off
Click Map to Enlarge.
Would you like to be featured in a Cardboard Classic 24/7 behind the scenes video? Send an e-mail to NickMurphy@wmmr.com to apply. Please include your contact info, location where the sled is being built, a brief description of your team and the concept for your sled.
Preston & Steve's Cardboard Classic 2012: Recap (Janis Productions)
Preston & Steve's Cardboard Classic 2012: 24/7