Preston & Steve's Cardboard Classic 2015 presented by Coors Light
Friday, March 6th at Jack Frost Mountain in the Poconos. The event starts about 10:30am, Check-in: 7am-9am.
SKIING? Please read: A limited number of $9.33 lift tickets will be available soon to purchase for MMR VIP's Only. When they are available, you will be able to log-in Backstage for details. This will sell out, so get em while they last. Once they are gone, they are gone. Any pre-sale purchase is non-refundable, skiing is rain or shine. **Lift Tickets Purchased thru the Presale will be held at the mountain for pick-up. Bring your Order Confirmation. These will NOT be sent to you and are non-refundable**
Our Cardboard Classic is your shot at home made cardboard glory! And for those not riding, just a great time and a heck of a spectacle to view! So, come out and cheer on your favorite sleds.
Cardboard Sledding? If you are gonna build, ride, and compete for prizes... read this:
- Applications are due by Friday, Feb 27th at 11am.
- All Riders MUST be at least 18 years or older to ride the sled.
- Building Material: Cardboard, Tape, String and Glue (paint and other decorative materials are ok. Things like fireworks, firecrackers, are NOT permitted).
- Sled Width Restriction: 7 Feet (no exceptions, sorry).
- Weight: no restriction, BUT, your team must push it to the top of the Tubing Hill, so don't make it heavier than your team can manage.
- Height and Length: no restriction, but keep the width restriction in mind.
- One Run down the hill per sled.
- Riders are only permitted on the ground level of their sled. Riders are NOT permitted on upper levels of sleds with multiple levels. Your sled will be disqualified from prizing should you break this rule.
- One Sled Entry per Team (no one person can ride more than once).
- No Overnight Camping. Gates/Parking opens at 6:30am.
- Release Form - PRINT this (Click HERE to download), and have each person on your team complete, sign and bring it with you to Check-in. (No one will be permitted to ride without turning in a release form for a Ride Pass)
- NOW, APPLY HERE. (Only 175 applications accepted for Design category, and 25 for Fastest).
Once you apply, look for an email confirmation with check-in info. If there are issues with your application or design plan, we will contact you, otherwise- build away! Scroll down for the SLED DROP OFF MAP.
Four Categories to participate:
BEST DESIGN: 1st place: $1,000
BEST DESIGN: 2nd place: $500
BEST DESIGN: 3rd place: $250
BEST COORS LIGHT SLED: Coors Light for a year (that's 12 cases)
BEST SLED INCORPORATING HARLEY DAVIDSON THEME: $500
FASTEST SLED: $500 from Cheerleader's Gentleman's Club
EPIC FAIL SLED: a Fireball Whiskey Burton® Jacket, Doctor McGillicuddy’s Snowboard and Mini Fridge stocked with a case of product.
PLEASE NOTE: Outside alcohol is not permitted in the Tubing Area. Security will remove anyone acting inappropriately (attempting to bring in alcohol, throwing snow balls, and other un-cool acts)
Building a sled and have interest in your project being featured on our video webseries "Team Spotlight"? It's like HBO's 24/7 series, we follow your building progress and share the video online for the world to see! Please contact our video dude, Nick Murphy, with your name, Team Name, Sled Category, Where you are building your sled, and how many years you have participated and what your previous sleds have been. Email NickMurphy@wmmr.com. You can see last year's work HERE.
Sled Drop Off
Click Map to Enlarge.
Preston & Steve's Cardboard Classic 2014